Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
How To Kill Pride?
Guest_Envious..._*
post Sep 14 2004, 09:59 PM
Post #61

Guests

Personally I was surprised to see the Fuhrer, the one with the "all-seeing eye" punted to the other end of a room like a fleh-wrapped football.

He sure saw that coming didn't he? rolleyes.gif

Well at least he did avoid Envy's punches when he was down. Good thing too, or else there wouldn't be a Pride for the main characters to worry about.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Satoru
post Sep 14 2004, 11:17 PM
Post #62

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 583

QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Sep 14 2004, 10:18 AM)
Sloth= Lazy But in the anime she doesn't fit it....

Well, actually, before episode 41 she seemed to rather just sit by a phone and command the other homunculus, instead of getting the work done herself. ^^

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Sep 14 2004, 11:58 PM
Post #63

Guests

QUOTE(Satoru @ Sep 15 2004, 06:17 AM)
QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Sep 14 2004, 10:18 AM)
Sloth= Lazy But in the anime she doesn't fit it....

Well, actually, before episode 41 she seemed to rather just sit by a phone and command the other homunculus, instead of getting the work done herself. ^^

Bravo, you just called the secretary profession all a bunch of lazy buggers... at the same time, you have also nominated the switchboard operators lazy as well.

If your work is mostly desk-work, you are lazy?! Amazing logic...

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Sep 15 2004, 12:22 AM
Post #64

Guests

do you know that when you're lazy (to move that is), your body gets softer.. like a jello with all the excess skin and fat... maybe that's the connection to sloth... no sense at all though.

anyways.. the sloth in the manga seems very different.. bulky. and he's still at work?? or he's not doing any work so he's got to stay there until it's finish.. what's he working on anyways??

+Quote Post
Satoru
post Sep 15 2004, 03:51 AM
Post #65

Citizen

QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 15 2004, 06:58 AM)
Bravo, you just called the secretary profession all a bunch of lazy buggers... at the same time, you have also nominated the switchboard operators lazy as well.

Woho. You should go place yourself in the middle in the street, screaming "I am a huge idiot!"

Look. I don't give a rat's ass about her being a secretary, what I said was:

SHE TELLS THE OTHER HOMUNCULUS WHAT TO DO, RATHER THAN GO DO IT HERSELF! SOMEWHAT LIKE DANTE! (up until episode 41)

And btw, Sloth doesn't have to mean that she's lazy... I've read that the deadly sin Sloth could also mean that you don't care about what happens to other people. What's the word... Indifferent?

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Sep 15 2004, 09:50 AM
Post #66

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 330

She seems very indifferent to me. I think the Sin fits her. smile.gif

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Sep 15 2004, 10:39 AM
Post #67

Guests

QUOTE(Satoru @ Sep 15 2004, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 15 2004, 06:58 AM)

Woho. You should go place yourself in the middle in the street, screaming "I am a huge idiot!"

Look. I don't give a rat's ass about her being a secretary, what I said was:

SHE TELLS THE OTHER HOMUNCULUS WHAT TO DO, RATHER THAN GO DO IT HERSELF! SOMEWHAT LIKE DANTE! (up until episode 41)

And btw, Sloth doesn't have to mean that she's lazy... I've read that the deadly sin Sloth could also mean that you don't care about what happens to other people. What's the word... Indifferent?

Wow, name calling time just because you are so dead wrong and need to cover it all up.

Don't give a rat ass about her being a secretary? You expect her to run around all over the world, be at every place instantly to co-ordinate the plans of Dante and the gang? Wow, you really have amazing infallible idiotic ignorant logic. I see, for you...

- the general must run around the whole battlefield, going into each and every trench and foxhole to tell the soldier what to do, then personally come out with a rifle and personally shoot every enemy dead
- the wedding co-ordinator must run and personally make every flower, build every tent, be the priest and forge the rings for the newlyweds, as well as making every decoration for the bridal chamber
- the CEO must personally run off to the archives, personally dig up every piece of relevant business information, run off to personally find and consult each and every person involved on the project, run off to find each and every shareholder to inform them of the company's dealings
- the President must personally find out who the other heads of state are himself, dig out all the intelligence himself on the field, make the suits himself and wear them.

Yes, by your logic, any work of co-ordinating people to do a project is sheer and abject laziness.

By the way, buy a dictionary. At less than 10 dollars, it is a sure way to increase your intelligence to a sub-standard level.

One dictionary
Definition of Sloth:
1. Aversion to work or exertion; laziness; indolence.
2. Any of various slow-moving, arboreal, edentate mammals of the family Bradypodidae of South and Central America, having long hooklike claws by which they hang upside down from tree branches and feeding on leaves, buds, and fruits, especially:
a. A member of the genus Bradypus, having three long-clawed toes on each forefoot. Also called ai1, three-toed sloth.
b. A member of the genus Choloepus, having two toes on each forefoot. Also called two-toed sloth, unau.
3. A company of bears. See Synonyms at flock1.

Second dictionary
Noun 1. sloth - a disinclination to work or exert yourself
slothfulness
disinclination, hesitancy, hesitation, indisposition, reluctance - a certain degree of unwillingness; "a reluctance to commit himself"; "after some hesitation he agreed"
2. sloth - any of several slow-moving arboreal mammals of South America and Central America; they hang from branches back downward and feed on leaves and fruits
tree sloth
edentate - primitive terrestrial mammal with few if any teeth; of tropical Central America and South America
Bradypodidae, family Bradypodidae - true sloths; in some
Bradypus tridactylus, three-toed sloth, ai - a sloth that has three long claws on each forefoot
Choloepus didactylus, two-toed sloth, unau - relatively small fast-moving sloth
Choloepus hoffmanni, two-toed sloth, unau - relatively small fast-moving sloth
3. sloth - apathy and inactivity in the practice of virtue (personified as one of the deadly sins)
acedia, laziness
deadly sin, mortal sin - an unpardonable sin entailing a total loss of grace; theologians list 7 mortal sins

Number 3 itself states the bible definition as apathy(indifference) and inactivity in the practice of virtue, meaning the slothful person is not committed to or does the actions of praying to god, worshipping him, spreading his light or living to the commendments laid down.

Do you know what indifference is even before spouting it as purely sloth? Indifference is just an attitude. It is not sloth.
Sloth is indifference to work or practice of virtue itself as the definition states many times.

Sloth is to indifference, as animal-lover is to love.
Meaning sloth is not indifference as animal-lover is not love itself. An animal-lover definitely loves animals but the animal-lover might not love an idiot like you.

+Quote Post
Guest_Horseshit_*
post Sep 15 2004, 02:25 PM
Post #68

Guests

Guest, don't be a fucking tool. And, just for the record, it's "coordinate" and "coordinator," not "co-ordinate."

+Quote Post
Satoru
post Sep 15 2004, 02:27 PM
Post #69

Citizen

You really shouldn't have written that much, 'cause I'll never have the strength to read it.

And boooy, were you insulted. Look, all I'm saying is that Sloth is commanding the others, rather than doing it herself, and that's a possible explanation to her being called "Sloth".

So, write down what makes her Sloth, without killing off your keyboard.

+Quote Post
Satoru
post Sep 15 2004, 02:30 PM
Post #70

Citizen

QUOTE(motoh @ Sep 13 2004, 08:25 PM)
As for combat concerns, Envy at least got one hit in on Pride when he threw his temper tantrum.

So he's not perfect, but very very good.

Hey, by the way... Bradley was bragging about him predicting that Roy was planning an uprising.

Could it be because of his "Ultimate Eye"?

Haha, even I don't think so... ^^ But it's still possible.

+Quote Post
wolfi1412
post Sep 15 2004, 04:55 PM
Post #71

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 369

hm.. if he knws about Roy's trying an uprising, he should knw that it was only a trick..

and simmer down.. lol.. but I still don't quite get why her name is Sloth.. lol.. it doesn't fits her in

--------------------
Vine Alchemist
user posted image

+Quote Post
Vael
post Sep 15 2004, 05:20 PM
Post #72

Alchemists

Member No.: 198

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 15 2004, 04:21 AM)
QUOTE(Vael @ Sep 14 2004, 08:46 PM)
Wrath's bipolar. One second he's jumping on a bed, happy and giddy, the next he's screaming at tackling Ed about his body. "I WANT YOUR BODY, ED! I WANT IT!" Sounds like a yaoi pairing if there ever was one.

Why must you warp everything talked about here into a precursor to SODOMY?!?!?! mad.gif

I don't warp EVERYTHING. I just warp what is easily corrupted. It's my self-proclaimed job.

And for the love of god, stop the pointless flame wars. Nothing is perfect, and if you have to rely on a dictionary to provide intelligence for you, then I do not know what to say. Human intelligence and knowledge is NOT just based word-for-word in books; it is open to interpretation (within reason) and alterations. So, please, calm down. -.-;;

--------------------
"May be innocent, may be sweet, but not half as nice as rotting meat..." -Blix, Legend

"Alles, was ich glaubte
was mir meine Hoffnung gab
ging mit Dir an diesem Tage
Als - für mich - die Liebe starb

Mein Glaube an die Liebe
das es Sie jemals gab
Ging mit Dir an diesem Tage
Als für mich die Liebe starb..."
-L'Ame Immortelle, Tiefster Winter

+Quote Post
Vx Tao Ren xV
post Sep 15 2004, 09:16 PM
Post #73

Alchemists

Member No.: 646

Dante probably named her Sloth because it was either that, or Wrath.. since at the time, I believe the other 5 were already created/discovered. I think considering that at the time the only thing Dante really knew about Sloth the moment she named her was her appearance (it's not like she knew about her powers before-hand), she probably figured that she looked more like "Sloth" then a "Wrath".. (And I kinda agree with her ^_^;;)

--------------------
Crazy doesn't even begin to cover it...

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Sep 16 2004, 02:01 AM
Post #74

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 511

I think Dante just ran out of ideas.... tongue.gif

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
Hym
post Sep 16 2004, 02:09 AM
Post #75

Citizen

Member No.: 599

Hmm about those names, i dont think it is really important.
There are only seven cardinal sins , but a homonculus is created when a human transmutation is failed so, why would it be only seven Homonculus ? I mean, logically there isn't a limited number of attempted human transmutation...
Oh and to return to name subject , ed in the 49 says something that is maybe interesting , when ed and izumis see tucker ed says that a doll without soul is the incarnation of his sins, so the name of the homonculus maybe represents the major sin of the creator...?

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 07:58 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css