QUOTE(Satoru @ Sep 15 2004, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 15 2004, 06:58 AM)
Bravo, you just called the secretary profession all a bunch of lazy buggers... at the same time, you have also nominated the switchboard operators lazy as well.
If your work is mostly desk-work, you are lazy?! Amazing logic...
Woho. You should go place yourself in the middle in the street, screaming "I am a huge idiot!"
Look. I don't give a rat's ass about her being a secretary, what I said was:
SHE TELLS THE OTHER HOMUNCULUS WHAT TO DO, RATHER THAN GO DO IT HERSELF! SOMEWHAT LIKE DANTE! (up until episode 41)
And btw, Sloth doesn't have to mean that she's lazy... I've read that the deadly sin Sloth could also mean that you don't care about what happens to other people. What's the word... Indifferent?
Wow, name calling time just because you are so dead wrong and need to cover it all up.
Don't give a rat ass about her being a secretary? You expect her to run around all over the world, be at every place instantly to co-ordinate
the plans of Dante and the gang? Wow, you really have amazing infallible idiotic ignorant logic. I see, for you...
- the general must run around the whole battlefield, going into each and every trench and foxhole to tell the soldier what to do, then personally come out with a rifle and personally shoot every enemy dead
- the wedding co-ordinator must run and personally make every flower, build every tent, be the priest and forge the rings for the newlyweds, as well as making every decoration for the bridal chamber
- the CEO must personally run off to the archives, personally dig up every piece of relevant business information, run off to personally find and consult each and every person involved on the project, run off to find each and every shareholder to inform them of the company's dealings
- the President must personally find out who the other heads of state are himself, dig out all the intelligence himself on the field, make the suits himself and wear them.
Yes, by your logic, any work of co-ordinating people to do a project is sheer and abject laziness.
By the way, buy a dictionary. At less than 10 dollars, it is a sure way to increase your intelligence to a sub-standard level.
Definition of Sloth:
1. Aversion to work or exertion; laziness; indolence.
2. Any of various slow-moving, arboreal, edentate mammals of the family Bradypodidae of South and Central America, having long hooklike claws by which they hang upside down from tree branches and feeding on leaves, buds, and fruits, especially:
a. A member of the genus Bradypus, having three long-clawed toes on each forefoot. Also called ai1, three-toed sloth.
b. A member of the genus Choloepus, having two toes on each forefoot. Also called two-toed sloth, unau.
3. A company of bears. See Synonyms at flock1.
Noun 1. sloth - a disinclination to work or exert yourself
disinclination, hesitancy, hesitation, indisposition, reluctance - a certain degree of unwillingness; "a reluctance to commit himself"; "after some hesitation he agreed"
2. sloth - any of several slow-moving arboreal mammals of South America and Central America; they hang from branches back downward and feed on leaves and fruits
edentate - primitive terrestrial mammal with few if any teeth; of tropical Central America and South America
Bradypodidae, family Bradypodidae - true sloths; in some
Bradypus tridactylus, three-toed sloth, ai - a sloth that has three long claws on each forefoot
Choloepus didactylus, two-toed sloth, unau - relatively small fast-moving sloth
Choloepus hoffmanni, two-toed sloth, unau - relatively small fast-moving sloth
3. sloth - apathy and inactivity in the practice of virtue (personified as one of the deadly sins)
deadly sin, mortal sin - an unpardonable sin entailing a total loss of grace; theologians list 7 mortal sins
Number 3 itself states the bible definition as apathy(indifference) and inactivity in the practice of virtue, meaning the slothful person is not committed to or does the actions of praying to god, worshipping him, spreading his light or living to the commendments laid down.
Do you know what indifference is even before spouting it as purely sloth? Indifference is just an attitude. It is not sloth.
Sloth is indifference to work or practice of virtue itself as the definition states many times.
Sloth is to indifference, as animal-lover is to love.
Meaning sloth is not indifference as animal-lover is not love itself. An animal-lover definitely loves animals but the animal-lover might not love an idiot like you.