HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Stupidest Reason for Hating Anime, We've all met some lame haters, right?
Aleclom
post Aug 16 2005, 09:49 AM
Post #31

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,692

Yeah, almost everyone's heard the Pokemon/Yu-gi-oh! excuse. And people also say "How can you like that? It's in a different language." Here's one conversation I've had:

Me: "Yeah, I like anime. Manga too."
Idiot: "I don't, Dragonball Z is stupid"
Me: blink.gif

Apparently Dragonball Z's their image of what anime is. Which is not cool.

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The_Fallen_Angel...
post Aug 16 2005, 11:53 AM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 14,126

sad.gif Please don't diss Yu-Gi-Oh!. The subs alot better as well as the original first season and the manga.

The worst reason from an anime-hater:
"Why do like that junk? Are you trying to be a wannabe Japanese?"

So I'm Mexican... and I like anime/manga. Big Deal dry.gif
That guy really pissed me off mad.gif , I started shoving him when he came close to me. I know that wasn't very polite but I think the fangirl/guys got angrier than I did. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Kakashi
post Aug 16 2005, 01:01 PM
Post #33

Apprentice

Member No.: 263

My guess is the way how the anime is dubbed in english. Like the some of the anime's we see on TV that are licensed by 4Kids give off bad impressions about the anime. They make the anime look more for 3 years olds and stuff like that yadda yadda yadda.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
fullmetal_4eva
post Aug 16 2005, 01:21 PM
Post #34

Alchemists

Member No.: 20,157

my "FRIENDS" say- are those the shows w/people dueling w/stupid cards!?

i reply-no! yugioh isnt anime its a stupid kids show w/a guy who has to yell out wut hes doing for everyone to hear, wtf is w/him go dark night (or wutever the hell he's calling!?) anime is adult animation not for some fricken 5 yr olds!

(ok so mabe i didnt curse that much but u get the idea) tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
I'm a
Little sister to DarkBlade_Alchemist, Fayt, ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, Meg08, full flame, Willow, Ed#1Fan2.0,
Mrs. Edward Elric, anime_manga_fan, The_Fma's_Girl, alchemydude90, Satsuka, Laffe, and
elalquimistafilosofal (I'm almost always the youngest!) T_T
Older sister to ed's numbuh 1 fan, and Kakashi's#1 girlfriend
Younger cousin to Winry Rockbell Elric and Velious178
Ex-fiance to Kimimaru :'(
You wanna be part of my forum family too? Send me a personal message ;)

+Quote Post
Glam
post Aug 16 2005, 02:15 PM
Post #35

Apprentice

Member No.: 7,205

Ugh I those people, like this one girl at my school she was like ew I don't like anime cause it's like cartoons and it's for kiddies and stuff. UGHHHH! They steriotype the animes like pokemon and american yu-gi-oh and dragonball Z. They thing ever single anime made is just like that, but its not! /end rant.

+Quote Post
the_lightning_al...
post Aug 17 2005, 11:51 PM
Post #36

Alchemists

From: in a my own little world *starts humming random song*
Member No.: 19,617

*sigh* why are there ppl who steriotype anime like that? And why do I have to come in contact with those bastards? Why?

--------------------

+Quote Post
NarutoFan101
post Aug 17 2005, 11:52 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 19,741

"do you even understand japanese?"
LOL

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
the_lightning_al...
post Aug 18 2005, 01:02 AM
Post #38

Alchemists

Actually I don't. HAhahahahahah...wah! wah! wah!

--------------------

+Quote Post
SsleepyAlly
post Aug 28 2005, 12:37 AM
Post #39

Alchemists

Member No.: 18,476

My school don't really know anime but the anime freaks sticks together. Here's one peculiar animation talk:
Me:You like anime?
Dude:oh, yeah I like Simpsons
Me: No, Japanese cartoons.
Dude:DBZ?(except the he said the whole name very slowly) Yeah I like it, it's cool.
Me: Uhh,DBZ is outdated. I was talking about new ones, like FMA, Naruto?
Dude: huh.gif

*sigh* There are more....

+Quote Post
Abigail
post Aug 28 2005, 04:25 PM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 21,280

The one I get all the time is "OMG, you watch cartoons, grow up"
Yeah, grow up... they think that anime is for little children, but I don't think children would understand more complex animes, like SELain for example.
And most people don't have a reason for hating anime. They just do. One girl once asked me to change my display picture because it was an anime character.
(that girl was never seen again o_o and the police is still searching who did it.)

+Quote Post
Guest_GS4Life_*
post Aug 28 2005, 07:40 PM
Post #41

Guests

It's not mindless humor........... No one ever says that but then again the ratigs on Adult Swim prove it.

Also it's very stupid when people just say anime sucks, but they give no reason to why they think it's stupid, just rant about it.

Anime hater: OMG anime teh sucks
Me:wha-what is so bad about it?
hater:teh suxs y u like anime u gay fag?
me:yeah I like anime. Tell me what have you seen other than pokemon/DBZ/Yugioh?
hater:Lol u gay u suck go suck a cock
me:wtf
hater:pwn I rule u suck, anime suxs.
me: dry.gif
hater:that's right fag u go screw urself and u're mum caus that's wat anime fans do !!!!!!!!!!!
me:Somebody needs help.......
hater:yea I know u do noob
me:oh the irony.
hater:Anime Sux

+Quote Post
the_lightning_al...
post Oct 8 2005, 11:30 PM
Post #42

Alchemists

It's not mindless humor........... No one ever says that but then again the ratigs on Adult Swim prove it.

Also it's very stupid when people just say anime sucks, but they give no reason to why they think it's stupid, just rant about it.

Anime hater: OMG anime teh sucks
Me:wha-what is so bad about it?
hater:teh suxs y u like anime u gay fag?
me:yeah I like anime. Tell me what have you seen other than pokemon/DBZ/Yugioh?
hater:Lol u gay u suck go suck a cock
me:wtf
hater:pwn I rule u suck, anime suxs.
me:
hater:that's right fag u go screw urself and u're mum caus that's wat anime fans do !!!!!!!!!!!
me:Somebody needs help.......
hater:yea I know u do noob
me:oh the irony.
hater:Anime Sux

Oh, cold but funny. True with my life, but not THAT extreme woth the language.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kakashi
post Oct 8 2005, 11:55 PM
Post #43

Apprentice

Member No.: 263

JUST A FEW DAYS AGO

Me:Hey, you ever see any anime on YTV?

Friend: WHAT THAT SHOW NARATU?!?!(Naruto)It's so bad. I hate all anime anyway it's for kids.

Me:Nah it's pretty good(until episode 80 then starts becoming good again awhile after) and it's Naruto. Na Ru To. And I don't think a kids show would show the kind of violence that most anime's have.

Friend:BUT BUT BUT BUT STILL *waves hands*

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Anime-Kat2002
post Oct 9 2005, 11:53 AM
Post #44

Apprentice

Member No.: 18,691

O.K. First off, "Yu-Gi-Oh!" is not a kid show. If you see the first season uncut you will see that it is definatly NOT a kid's show. Yami Yugi kills people and Marik stabs his father to death. Secondly, you have to think it's in America and about a card game, so of course they would direct it more towards little kids because little kids love to play with cards.

We have people (mainly parents) saying that FMA is witchcraft. My friend even bought a shirt that had the Transmutation circle on it just to pezz her mother off (and it did). My friend and I made her mother watch the first episode of FMA (just to hear it straight from Edward's mouth) that it is NOT witchcraft it is a science. After that, my friend's mother understood it more. We even made her read and anime book and she UNDERSTOOD it. Now they are at peace with each other about anime for the most part (hears angels singing).

I have a girl at school that I went on a trip with say stuff about anime. We (mainly me), was watching anime in the hotel room and it was FMA that I was watching. She started saying that it was a little kid show and to turn it off. At the time she said that there was a bunch of blood, guts, and fighting going on and I was like "Ohh yeah, this is definatly a little kids show." sleep.gif She was also talking about how "Spongebob" was a lot cooler (not to diss Spongebob, though, because one of my freinds likes it). Again, not dissing Spongebob, but how in the FRAIL do you have a flipping swimming pool IN THE OCEAN?!?!?! And the pineapple; what's up with that? And for Kami's sake, it's a sponge. You wash dishes with it, and seeing them talk and sing will make children fear doing their chores becaue they're afraid it'll come alive and attack their face.

At least anime makes some more sense. A lot of American cartoons show people getting hurt (for instance, Wil. E. Coyote <SP?> falling off of a cliff while chasing the Roadrunner and Elmer Fudd shooting things and they're fine), while in anime it's usually more realistic and it shows the consequences of actions such as that, so in a way it's better than most kid shows because it pretty much teaches people not to do stuff like that because it can kill you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Oct 9 2005, 03:06 PM
Post #45

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

QUOTE(Anime-Kat2002 @ Oct 9 2005, 11:53 AM) [snapback]297783[/snapback]

O.K. First off, "Yu-Gi-Oh!" is not a kid show. If you see the first season uncut you will see that it is definatly NOT a kid's show. Yami Yugi kills people and Marik stabs his father to death. Secondly, you have to think it's in America and about a card game, so of course they would direct it more towards little kids because little kids love to play with cards.

Okay, for the umpteenth time; Yes, YuGiOh is moderately violent. It is still a kid's show. Yes, yes, Yami no Bakura tears out Pegasus' eyeball and licks the blood off, and all that fun stuff, but children are still it's target audience. Same with other bloody shows such as Naruto, Rurouni Kenshin, Fullmetal Alchemist, etcetera. They're all targeted towards children and young teens. The difference there, is that many of these series have a much more universal appeal than most of those targeted towards children in the US, thus attracting a wider audience and gathering more revenue, but most anime and manga is meant to be marketed towards the younger audiences.

I even remember Yuu Watase's authors notes about how people in America percieve anime. "In America, they seem to think anime is for adults. Saying things like, 'But there's violence and girls have big breasts.' I think they were surprised when I said in my interview that in Japan, anime is still for kids."

But later she also said she'd been getting a lot of letters saying, "Not only things like; 'My older brother likes to read it too," but, 'My mom likes to read it too.' These are some progressive times we're living in." laugh.gif

There are only a few anime series I can think of that are predominantly targeted to adults. Noir, most of ABe's works (SE Lain, Haibane Renmei, Texhnolyze, etc.), Ghost in the Shell, and of course, all Hentai, to name a few.

--------------------

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2016 - 11:46 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css