HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Stupidest Reason for Hating Anime, We've all met some lame haters, right?
Kuji
post Apr 15 2010, 09:31 PM
Post #256

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,345

I've noticed some (not all!) classical (Western-style) 2D animators (especially) seem to have some sort of malice towards/aren't big fans of Japanese anime. I'm a 3D animation student, but a lot of the tutors at my school are also classical 2D animators (as in, drawing frame by frame, by hand on paper, using the flipping technique). Anyway, from what I've gathered I would guess the main issue is perhaps the difference in animation technique, and how fluid the animation is - I'm not saying one style is superior over the other - as far as I'm concerned animation is animation, whether it's good/bad, boring/exciting/enjoyable is up to the viewer. I just wanted to mention this - Which, leads me to my reply to the thread topic:

One thing that's been said to me by a 3D animation tutor who's also trained in 2D (well, this was said to someone else but I happened to be in the room at the time) was (IIRC) 'I hate manga, er... anime, 'look at me only my mouth is moving while my jaw stays still' and 'it's crap' (from memory, but something along the lines of this). That's like generalizing all anime and forming one ignorant opinion on it. That comment really annoyed me. Not just because it was about anime - and yeah there is some crap anime out there, but guh! That's sorta like saying...for instance, all classical music is crap because you heard one piece or something in it you didn't like and so assume all classical music is like that. Pfft. So, I said 'yeah well all pc gaming is crap'. (which is untrue, but just to get my point across). By the way, he later apologised and admitted he does like some 'manga stills', and I apologised too.

While I'm at it, this hostility between Western anime and Japanese (in particular) anime is silly. As to which style one prefers, well that's up to personal preference I guess. IMO, as long as it's visually entertaining, and enjoyable etc, who cares what style it's in? Anime = アニメ short for アニメーション (animeeshon), which means, you guessed it, animation. We've adapted to differentiating Western and Japanese animation by 'anime' and 'cartoons', most of us thinking they're different, but really they're technically the same thing. I must admit I tend to refer to them as 'anime' and 'cartoons', but only for the sake of specifically referring to one style or the other. I know they're the same thing. So yeah... People have their own interpretations and whatnot, which is fine, but this is how I see it tongue.gif All in all, the main thing is to produce an entertaining piece of work for people to enjoy, which both anime and Western animation do. So gaah people. (not you people - them..!) Okay I'm ranting/venting so I'll shut up - sorry! (><;

QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Mar 26 2010, 09:23 AM) *
"Your to old to be watching anime."

This caught my eye (and I hope I'm not going off topic here). The thing is, the animators, the writers, the creators are all adults, and are obviously fans of anime/cartoons themselves (or else they wouldn't be working in the animation industry), so saying something like 'you're too old to be watching anime' is well, redundant and wrong, really. Might as well say to the creators 'you're too old to be creating anime/cartoons'...>_>

And with that and my rant - my two cents :I

--------------------
"「約束の日」とやらに全部終わらせて戻ってくっから、アップルパイでも焼いて待ってろ" "・・・うん!!" (≧v≦;
::@Deviantart :: @Pixiv::
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Apr 16 2010, 10:55 PM
Post #257

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

nice points kuji.......u being an animation student gives u a chance to explain the situation better.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
LooneyLolita
post Apr 18 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #258

Citizen

Member No.: 71,261

Mom: Grow up Anna! Stop watching those stupid cartoons!

And she watch ALOT of Romance B-movies. -____-

--------------------
My DA

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jan 21 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #259

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

-Because it's "Chinese"
-Because it's a cartoon
-Because it's stupid
-Because of how it's drawn
-Because it's Japanese
-Because it's wierd
-Because it's dumb
-Because it's not real

I hate haters -_____-

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
EdokunEdo
post Jan 22 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #260

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,434

a while ago i was on a chat thing that went through my school and i had the recipie for human transmutation as my little siggy if you could call it that and some other girls had some crap about i <3 u blah blah Bffl crap and i tried to ask them what it all said coz i didnt get it (im nt with the modern flow) and they went "Well what the hell does your crap mean it makes no sense" Haters! its not like i just wrote some random letters and they were making fun of my mate whos said "<3 <3 i <3 ling" and they were all wtf is that crap?
Thats my rage sorry if i went off topic

--------------------
"Sup" - Cry

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2016 - 03:48 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css