HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Stupidest Reason for Hating Anime, We've all met some lame haters, right?
MiyokoChan
post Aug 14 2005, 12:35 PM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,931

Usually it's because it's a "cartoon" and it's "childish"... mad.gif But these are the people that don't like Pixar either...

Also, I find that people a lot of time have an aversion to all things Japanese (as they say this to the Japanese American...it's like blink.gif Thanks). They think that it's some weird, far off place where everyone is insane. (Literally, someone said that on a message board I was on.)

One of my favorites is "I didn't like Princess Mononoke (or whatever), so I don't watch anime." That's like saying, "I didn't like Casablanca, so I don't watch movies made in America."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ScarX
post Aug 14 2005, 01:23 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 19,547

Yeah, but the most people who say such a rubbish even don't know what a Manga/Anime is -.-
But Pokeshit (ok, Pokemon) and all the other "strange" animes (like YuGiOh) destroy the good name of anime ...
But the reasons, why they hate animes, are like bullshit.

=>Ok, I hat Pokemon, but the "pokemons" are really sweet rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Aug 14 2005, 01:44 PM
Post #18

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

Hmm. I have sensed an oddly borderline racist sentiment among some haters. Most often when they call it "Chinese crap". (You wouldn't believe how many people are unable to differentiate between asian countries. A boy in my eighth grade geography class asked "Aren't China and Japan, like, the same country?" *Facepalm*.) Of course providing the reason that "It's Japanese" as a legitimate cause for hating anime, says something about the person. Just what is wrong with being Japanese?

(But then again, I've dealt with more "America is the best country ever, because it's perfect and it's God's country" types of people than I would care to count.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Aug 14 2005, 02:12 PM
Post #19

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 3,609

@Toby: Haha, oh lord yes, someone in my class said the same thing about all asian countries being the same thing. But being openly racist like that in my school is a big-no. Of course there are a few and some people who act racist but say it is 'all in good fun', but those who are get shunned upon, though there are hypocrites.

Gah, I am so sick of the American superiority mentallity. Yeah, we are superior because we have all this crap, yet we are generally dumb as a pile of rocks. The whole thing about including God is just a self righteous load. (when they say God, refering to christianity, I am pretty sure that the Jews and Jerusalem are God's chosen people and land, not American christians)

Even more off topicness: Why is the thread entitled Stupidest? Shouldn't it be Most Stupid, or are you trying to accentuate the average American's stupidity tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Aug 14 2005, 02:22 PM
Post #20

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

Americans are generally the most xenophobic, complacent bunch of dunderheads in the world. Especially those in the "red states". And yah, yah, I know, mocking redneck mentalities is a form of prejudice. That's a load of crap. There's nothing wrong with mocking backward ignorance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Aug 14 2005, 02:27 PM
Post #21

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

I wouldn't say we are the most xenophobic, there countries much worse than us. Besides we are the great melting pot.

However, that doesn't mean that we are all the most open-minded people. We have our share of rednecks left over from the 1800's it seems.

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Aug 14 2005, 02:38 PM
Post #22

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

American xenophobia is different from European xenophobia or East Asian xenophobia. We can accept other races and ethnicities into our midst with no problem. However, we've also created this mainstream corporatist, consumerist culture that most people in this country subscribe to, regardless of background, where if something doesn't fit into the worldview we've been raised into, it's automatically denigrated. It's a generalized cultural xenophobia and ignorance, as opposed to the more ethnically based xenophobia that you'd see elsewhere in the world, and sadly, we're much more likely to subscribe to our form than they are to theirs.
We're a lot less open to subcultural/countercultural ideas, until they become mainstream.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Aug 14 2005, 02:50 PM
Post #23

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

I guess living in California which has alot of different races has made me blind to most of the American xenophobia. Sure we have our rednecks who want everybody who's non-white to go home. Even the native american but I digress.

Yes, the American consumerist culture society is xenophobic as well as sexist unfortunately. I've seen how people will adopt trends from other countries such as when wearing Indian binis were the fashion or various buddhist items. But the people wearing them have no idea what they mean.

+Quote Post
Gato Gurl914
post Aug 14 2005, 03:00 PM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 11,544

my dad used to be quite the hater. my mom tries to understand but i usually lose her. my dad came around after i showed him some FMA. he finnally accepted that it wasn't just for children. wich made me happy.

please dont bash yu-gi-oh! espesially if you havent read the manga or seen uncut eppisodes. its very good outside of censorship.

i'll admit that i find the networks milking pokemon for whatever its worth, but all you have to do is keep in mind how awesome it was at the beggining. wink.gif

i havent encountered any racists, but i have had my share of 'isn't that stuff for like, 3 year olds?' *faceplant* and those reality shows that are nothing but bleeps and revealing clothing are any better? i had a few friends in school who i could talk to about anime and anime guys i thought were hot. and if anyone heard me (outside the circle) theyd be like 'how can you like someone animated? 2-d? fake?' this annoyed me. how is it acceptable for someone to crush on celebrities 2x older than yourself but if you like a hott anime guy the same age as you, you're suddenly 'weird'. oh well. theres my rant of the day.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Rave
post Aug 14 2005, 03:31 PM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 19,788

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 13 2005, 06:43 PM)
-"I saw pokemon.  I didn't like it.", or "I don't like stuff like Yugioh."
[snapback]250848[/snapback]

I hear that a lot...

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks for the sig, foolmetal alchemist!

My forum sisters: ~FMAgurl~, Shinobimelxi, ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, Winry Rockbell Elric, SinLuxuria, ed's numbuh 1 fan
My forum brothers: Kazer, DarkBlade_Alchemist, Kimimaru, Aog

Please join (or at least visit) my friend's and my Full Metal Alchemist message board!
http://roymustang1.proboards57.com/index.cgi

+Quote Post
Fayt
post Aug 15 2005, 12:12 AM
Post #26

Alchemists

Member No.: 1,989

I don't like it when the manga is better and they ruin the manga with the anime.

+Quote Post
Luckyalchemy27
post Aug 15 2005, 12:35 AM
Post #27

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 10,100

I hear "Because it's Japanese and Japanese stuff is stupid", etc., quite a lot. So what if it's Japanese? At least the Japanese crap is better than the American crap. And, of course, most people that don't like anime that I've talked to have never seen a decent one. At least watch a few before you go bashing it.

Heh heh. This doesn't have much to do with the subject, but I'm allowed to make fun of rednecks because I come from a family full of 'em. biggrin.gif

--------------------
I support the PAA, the Paco Association of America!
IPB Image
Thanks to Phyco Girl for the kickass sig! :3
Kindly visit my my sig shop.
Need an avatar, or got a request? Mosy on over to The 100 Avatar Challenge.
Take a visit to Emberflare Academy.

+Quote Post
the_lightning_al...
post Aug 15 2005, 12:51 AM
Post #28

Alchemists

From: in a my own little world *starts humming random song*
Member No.: 19,617

everyday I go to school I just gotta hear from someone "why do you like that Japanese crap?" or "Why do you read mangos?"It so pisses me off!!!! Then I start raising my voice saying "it's MANGA!" It's true about the whole Pokemon thing too. These ppl wouldn't know a good anime if it walked up and offered one million dollars!!! The worst part is though almost my entire family hate manga! So I hear that every time I see them!!! Also, my only family that does like it, live in a different country!!! GRRR!!! I'm done, for now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hidden__happines...
post Aug 15 2005, 01:28 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 16,077

My mom knows what anime is. ^^
She's not interested in it but she knows Fullmetal Alchemist and InuYasha(mostly because we ask her to buy it for us in China when she goes there..)

Some of my friends think I'm wierd because I like international songs and like reading manga and watching anime.
And one of my friends say...
I don't want anime because they sound funny, and it's not even interesting.

..... god I wanted to strangle her, but I resisted... somehow....

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Aug 16 2005, 09:18 AM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

My mother says she doesn't understand why I like anime or manga. I won't force her to watch or read. But it's hard to get her to understand WHY I like it so much! She also told me I can't keep "collecting those books" or "buying those movies" (AKA Manga and anime). Well, I'm 23. I think I can.
I have never heard from anyone that they didn't like anime cuz, "it was from Japan". That's so racist! Plus, I don't care what other people think. It's my life, and I'll like what I want to like. tongue.gif

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 03:15 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css