HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4228 Pages V  « < 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Penny for your thoughts? (don't expect "real" money here... XD), Please share what's happening on your life/your current thoughts
Rating 5 V
A Pierrot's Aria
post Sep 26 2011, 05:59 AM
Post #63301

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

@TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail I hope the past few weeks have been going better. hug.gif

@Razzy I'm glad you're feeling better and well done for the good grades!

@jacksparrow589 I'm glad you and your room mate are getting on well! And I hope your shoulder feels better soon!

CTs:

-I've been in the new house with one of my flatmates for one week now, and I think we've settled in quite nicely. (Our third flatmate arrived this morning.) Although, throughout the week we ran into some mishaps and problems. laugh.gif

My friend has an awful habit of leaving appliances on; the hot water tap in the bathroom was left running for a few hours until I woke up during the night and heard it (then turned it off.) Then the day before yesterday, after using the oven in the evening, she thought she had turned the oven off (I thought so, too, since according to the dial it was set to "off".) But, again, I woke up at about 2am and smelled burning --and I knew it was kind of worrying that I could smell burning and I'm in the attic bedroom. laugh.gif I went downstairs and it turned out that the oven was still on, even though the dial said it was off! I grabbed the dial and realised it was loose and could come straight off, and when it was turned, it wasn't turning the actual switch. So I took off the dial and tried turning the switch, but it was stuck. So after about half an hour of stomping around, opening windows and doors, huffing and puffing and muttering "oh, bloody hell", wondering what to do, I looked in the cutlery drawer, hoping to find something that could help me turn the switch. And I found....the almighty potato masher! I hooked the switch into one of the gaps and managed to turn the switch to the off position. laugh.gif I wasn't making any effort to be quiet throughout that little saga, but my friend didn't even wake up --and she has the ground floor bedroom which is right next door to the kitchen. xP

We also found out our carbon monoxide alarm doesn't work. :S

- Having no internet in the house is annoying and boring. xP

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 3 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #63302

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Wow, not having new posts for several days on "Penny" thread?!! That's unusual. XD

Anyway... ^^

Happy "Oct. 3" FMA Day!!

We're having "Don't Forget FMA" events for this year's FMA Day! Hope you can check them out! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Oct 3 2011, 08:53 PM
Post #63303

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Happy Oct. 3, all! Don't Forget! smile.gif

CTs:

--Must be a busy time of year, with so few people posting! (Can't say I'm much of an exception, though. *feels a little guilty*)

--Well, ASL is a lot of fun, even if we don't have interpreters anymore. We're now learning how to use gestures to communicate. It's funny-looking and fun, but also challenging.

--I really do need to talk with my high school friends more. A couple things I said made one of them go "Wait, what's been going on?!"

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
TheDrummerWithTh...
post Oct 8 2011, 12:20 AM
Post #63304

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 82,285

I think it's just a real busy time for everyone. School has set in for everyone, and those who aren't in school have jobs, or internet issues, or etc. I'm sure it's no cause for alarm, since we're all still here alive and breathing.

CTs

-Tomorrow I DJ at a party for one of my step mom's co-workers. I'm getting paid to do it so hey, I'm at least making some money.

-School has kept me busy, but I am still here to stay, just letting you all know.

-Happy late FMA Day/Happy FMA Week.

-My family issues haven't gotten any better sadly. I'm not home much because I'm either at school or hanging out at people's houses (especially my friend Mei, who's a new friend of mine who's an amazing person who's let me come over to her house whenever I don't wanna go home right away) so we play video games, nerd out about anime, crack jokes, etc.

-I hope everyone else is doing well on here in their lives. Not a day goes by where I don't think about you all!

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Oct 10 2011, 08:59 AM
Post #63305

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 74,542

CTs:

- Wow, I haven't been here for a while, huh?

- ...Annnnnd not a lot has been happening in my absence either. I hope everyone is doing well! Personally, I've been a bit depressed lately, but I'm starting to feel better now.

- I finished reading the Harry Potter series as well. I own all the books now. And my inner fangirl has re-ignited! XD I've been looking forward to the day that I can finally sign up to Pottermore.

- Speaking of fangirling, Skyward Sword is being released next month!~ I have the limited edition preordered. I can't wait to get my hands on that lovely gold Wiimote.

--------------------

"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies?
Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden

LiveJournal | | Formspring

+Quote Post
AlchemyUser15
post Oct 11 2011, 03:50 PM
Post #63306

Apprentice

Member No.: 79,643

Hola! I haven't been online in awhile now huh? School, homework, and chores around the house have got a hold on me and Im so busy I don't have any time to get online anymore! Things are doing good in ol' VA. I have an 93% A in my Algebra1 class which is the highest grade I've got in math in my entire life! laugh.gif I understand what the teacher says to me. Maybe it is the teacher that is helping me understand... but anyways I reallly missed being on here and I thought about all of my friends on here everyday like, 'I wonder what TDWTAM is doing right now?' or 'A Pierrots Aria, what is she doing?', or 'I wonder howJacksparrow589 is doing right now?' etc.

-Pierrots Aria- Im glad the house didn't burn up or something like that! ohmy.gif

-TDWTAM- I really sorry about the family business stuff, I have a friend who is going through something similar. It makes me sad whenever she tells me about it.. sleep.gif

-Jacksparrow- yup! things sure are busy now that school has set in for me.(I miss summer!)

-Pyroclasm- Yes!! go Harry Potter fan! ( Im a fan too! I still haven't seen the final movie! ohmy.gif )

--------------------

Is this siggy too big??? If it is plz contact me and I will gladly fix it. ;D

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Oct 14 2011, 09:02 AM
Post #63307

TDWTAM--I'm sorry things haven't improved, but I'm glad you have a friend you can definitely count on! smile.gif

Pyroclasm--Depressed? Not good at all! I'm glad you're starting to feel better! hug.gif

BlindedBeautyGal--Great job on the math! biggrin.gif

CTs:

--Well, as soon as classes are over for the day, I'm headed down to Portland for an expo put on by DeafNation for my ASL class! Wheee!

--I've got less homework that I thought I would, but it's definitely still 17 credits' worth. (About 51 hours total of class and studying per week.)

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Oct 16 2011, 03:54 PM
Post #63308

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

@TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail I hope your DJ party goes well. happy.gif

@Pyroclasm Yep, I have my copy of Skyward Sword with the golden Wiimote preordered. I'm looking forward to it!

@Blinded Beauty Gal Well done in your algebra class!

@jacksparrow589 Good luck with all your homework! hug.gif

CTs:

- I haven't been well this week because of the cold that I had. Any free time that I had I was just sleeping for feeling so drained. ohmy.gif And I also kept getting nosebleeds which was kind of inconvenient, since I also had one during one of my lectures. xD; Today is the first day where I've actually felt 100% better. biggrin.gif

- I've had a great weekend --I got to spend Friday and Saturday with my brother. He bought me Hero Tales vol 5 which seemed to have come out earlier than I thought; I was surprised to see it in the shop we went to. ohmy.gif And he also got me a game for the Wii and a new Xbox controller. I have such an awesome, kind brother. And today, I got to spend time with my sister and my dad. We went to see The Lion King in 3D, but none of us really care for 3D, we just wanted to see that awesome film on the big screen! Watching it made me remember how epic Mufasa sounds...and it was also pretty hilarious when we heard someone at the back of the theatre imitate the hyena's laughter. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Oct 17 2011, 08:47 AM
Post #63309

State Alchemist (Major)

@BlindedBeautyGal: Oh wow, nice work in your Algebra class! ohmy.gif And yes, Harry Potter fan! ~

@jacksparrow589: Thanks. hug.gif Good luck with that homework!

@A Pierrot's Aria: Yessss, preorder! It's going to be a great game, I think. ~ And I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! I remember a time a few years back when I kept getting nosebleeds. It really is a pain when they randomly hit you like that!

CTs:

- The pipe that feeds the water trough has a crack in it, and has been leaking. I thought the tank had been emptying suspiciously quickly the past few times I'd filled it... It's going to be fixed tomorrow, thankfully. I'm glad I discovered it now, instead of figuring it out later; we'd have lost a lost more water.

- So, I'm going to enter NaNo this year! I had an idea hit me, and I've been unable to stop myself from planning it out. XD Not an original idea, unfortunately, but a fanfic. I need to write this. It's been a while since I've been this enthused about writing something, so I'm just going to go with it and get it down while I have the drive for it. smile.gif

--------------------

"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies?
Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden

+Quote Post
Dark_Fishie
post Oct 18 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #63310

Citizen

Member No.: 11,490

@Pyroclasm - Good luck on NaNo!

@A Pierrot's Aria - I hope you get better soon!

CTs:

- This board used to be so active! I hope the fandom stays alive for a while longer since FMA is such a wonderful work. I can't promise to be around often, but I'll definitely drop by every once in a while/couple of months.

- I think my bro's cough is spreading.

@ Everyone else - I hope y'all are doing well, and best wishes to y'all!

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Oct 19 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #63311

A Pierrot's Aria--Sorry you were sick, but I'm glad you're feeling better!

Pyroclasm--Good luck with NaNo! smile.gif

CTs:

--I've been feeling exhausted for almost 2 days now, and no reason why. I don't like this one bit.

--At least the homework load isn't too bad right now. Classical Mythology midterm on Friday, but I hardly need to study for that. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
sweety_pie
post Oct 19 2011, 08:52 PM
Post #63312

Major General

Member No.: 35,070

jacksparrow happy Oct 3!

Mct
I left Texas and now it's cold there. What crap.
Family Guy is such a great show!
I need a new fwb and a gay bff.
Reading yay!
Watched an episode of Fma last weekend! It was great!

--------------------

Thank you so much Milky for the Siggie. You are the awesomest!

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Oct 22 2011, 09:34 AM
Post #63313

CTs:

--I had to have 3 moles biopsied yesterday, 2 of them right over my shoulder blades. Things were okay until the anesthetic wore off, but now... Owwwww... >_< (Fortunately, I was able to sleep.)

--Bleh. I don't want to do homework today, but I need to.

--Right now, though, I'm hanging out and filling out my ballot for the upcoming election. Yay, mail-in ballots!

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Oct 23 2011, 05:51 AM
Post #63314

State Alchemist (Major)

@ Dark_Fishie & jacksparrow589: Thanks guys. =D I'll do my best!

@Dark_Fishie: Be around as often as you can! =D It's nice to hear from people.

@jacksparrow589: Ouch, that sounds painful... D:

CTs:

- I went to the show yesterday with my mum. Going on rides with her is something that never gets old. tongue.gif

- And I got a Snivy plushie while I was there! It's the cutest thing!~ *hugs it*

- Ooh, and I got Streetpassed on my 3DS while I was there as well! It was a fun day. smile.gif

- Urk, this weather keeps getting hotter. I can't stand it! >_< ...Okay, it's only been just over 20 degrees Celsius, but I still can't stand it. >_<

- I was in a cleaning mood today, so I did several jobs that needed doing. But I should really be planning for NaNo right now... I'd better do some of that right now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Oct 29 2011, 11:52 AM
Post #63315

CTs:

--My long, stressful week (complete with a Windows update screwing up my computer completely--thank goodness I had most of my files backed up!) culminated last night with me in tears at a rather inopportune moment. I'm just glad that's over.

--I thought my computer science homework would take WAY longer than it looks like it's going to. I'll actually have a little relaxation time this weekend! biggrin.gif

--I do have to do a video project for ASL, though. Hopefully, I'll be good enough at signing that I'll get good marks. *crosses fingers*

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post

4228 Pages V  « < 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 08:09 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css