HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4228 Pages V  « < 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Penny for your thoughts? (don't expect "real" money here... XD), Please share what's happening on your life/your current thoughts
Rating 5 V
jacksparrow589
post Sep 1 2011, 07:48 AM
Post #63286

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Mhacy--The Percy Jackson series is pretty awesome!

BBG--Whew! I'm glad you're doing okay! smile.gif

CTs:

--Despite today being the day where I have to go get my driver's license renewed and have dinner and cake with my family, it does not feel like today is any more special of a day for me than most other days of the year. *shrugs* (And you'd think it'd be even more special to me that I'm of legal drinking age in the US, but I just don't feel the urge to drink often enough or in high enough volumes that this is anything special, either. It's just kind of an "Oh, well, whatever" day. tongue.gif )

--We'd thought that my neighbor's cat got into a fatal fight with another animal, but it turns out he's okay. So now, we're left to wonder just whose fur is under one of our trees. sad.gif

--Blah... I really hope this fog clears up soon!

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheDrummerWithTh...
post Sep 1 2011, 10:39 PM
Post #63287

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 82,285

Mhacy: I'm pretty sure you'll eventually come up with an idea. but I hate not having ideas.

BBG: Well I'm glad that things weren't that bad where you were at. but it's real sad about the 15 who didn't make it.

jacksparrow589: Happy Birthday! I know it's late, but still better late than never. And That's how my last birthday felt.

CTs

-I think I have a new anime that I'm growing to like... Mushi-Shi. I just love the atmosphere and the mood it has.

-My best friend is going to be DJing at a rave in front of about 800 people tomorrow night. I'm going with him and I'm super happy for him. He's come a long way and I'm so happy for him.

-Got a parking ticket Tuesday. Wasn't that bad of a fine. heck, trying to find where on my school campus to pay for it was harder than actually paying for it.

+Quote Post
sweety_pie
post Sep 2 2011, 10:24 AM
Post #63288

Major General

Member No.: 35,070

Thoughts

-Day 67 of triple digit temps.
-Hungry but there's only chicken flavor Ramen here.
-I like the page number of this thread! haha
-I just heard Kevin Smith is going to quit directing! I'm so crushed by this news!!

--------------------

Thank you so much Milky for the Siggie. You are the awesomest!

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Sep 3 2011, 03:56 AM
Post #63289

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

@Razzy I don't drink alcohol, either (I detest the stuff)! It gets better when you meet like minded people, like you did. With my friends who don't drink either (and even the few friends that I have that do drink, but respect the fact that I don't) have a good time by going out for meals/cinema trips etc. biggrin.gif

@Pyroclasm I hope your sister is feeling well. That procedure sounds scary!

@jacksparrow589 Aaaw, I don't really feel very special on my birthday either (I usually forget that it actually is!) but I hope you had a nice day nonetheless. happy.gif

@Mhacy Hey, I'm glad you could drop by!

@Blinded Beauty Gal I'm so glad to hear you're fine! hug.gif

@TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail Good luck to your friend! I hope everything goes well!

@sweety_pie I'd probably just eat the chicken flavoured ramen, even if I didn't like it, if I was really hungry. laugh.gif

CTs:

-I've been having problems with my chest and breathing for the past two days...I started to feel better yesterday, but it flared up again last night and it felt so uncomfortable that I was unable to fall asleep until about 4 or 5am. (It always seems to worsen at night.) Even then, it felt even worse when I was lying in my bed, so I slept on the living room chair. It was slightly more comfortable than lying down --I just watched crime dramas on TV until I eventually fell asleep. xD I feel a little better this morning, but I still have that tightness in my chest. The surgery is closed today, so I'll have to make a doctors appointment on Monday. I'm sort of hoping it'll get better by then...whatever's wrong. wacko.gif

- I can't wait until my dad comes back from the supermarket...he's bringing me back some chocolate --I need comforting. tongue.gif

- Thank you for all the concern for Koyo! hug.gif Thankfully the surgery was a success; he's back home and lively as ever!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Sep 4 2011, 07:23 AM
Post #63290

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 74,542

@TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail, jacksparrow589, & A Pierrot's Aria: Thanks guys, my sister is doing much better now. smile.gif

@Mhacy: I'm sure you'll come up with an idea. Good luck!

@Blinded Beauty Gal: Good to hear that you're all right!

@jacksparrow589: Hope you had a really nice birthday!

@A Pierrot's Aria: Oh wow, that sounds horrible! D: I hope you feel better soon! hug.gif

CTs:

- It's funny... I was in town a few days ago and bought Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and they had every Harry Potter book in stock. I go in there today hoping to get Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and they didn't have it. They only had the second one and the last three. Damnit people, stop buying the books that I want to buy! *shakes fist*

- None of my local stores seem to be stocking Xenoblade Chronicles. :< I think I may have to order from EB Games it if I want to get my hands on it.

- So, today I discovered that there is a new song by Evanescence... That was released early last month. I am ashamed of myself for not noticing sooner. ;-;

- It was Father's Day here today. Dates like this make me miss my father even more than usual...

--------------------

"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies?
Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden

LiveJournal | | Formspring

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Sep 4 2011, 10:46 AM
Post #63291

TDWTAM, A Pierrot's Aria, and Pyroclasm--Thank you! I had a wonderful birthday! smile.gif

A Pierrot's Aria--Oh my goodness! I hope you're feeling better! hug.gif

CTs:

--So... a bit too much party yesterday. It wasn't that I didn't have fun (I had an absolute blast!), but I went straight from a family brunch starting at 9 AM to a birthday party with friends from 1 PM to 9 PM, after which I got into just a little tiff with my mom (not even a real argument--she just did something I didn't appreciate and I was tired) and promptly melted down. Complete extrovert, I am not; I need time to recharge.

--Still... the party part of yesterday was incredible. biggrin.gif

--Thankfully, today will be a day of rest and relaxation and starting in on some of the books my friends gave me.

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
TheDrummerWithTh...
post Sep 5 2011, 12:54 AM
Post #63292

Citizen

A Pierrot's Aria: My dad was having issues and he had to go to Urgent Care in order to have a breathing treatment. He's still struggling and it's been a week. Hopefully you get to feeling better.

Pyroclasm: If you want I can share my dad with you for a day so you have someone. mellow.gif

jacksparrow589: I'm really happy that you had an amazing time!!! happy.gif

CTs

-So this weekend was pretty amazing. Friday my best friend did AMAZING at the event he DJ'ed at. Saturday we went with some friends to the movies then over to their house to play video games, then today we all chilled at my grandparents house which was tons of fun.

-I have a job interview tomorrow. The thing is... it's for this marketing company and I just... I don't know why I feel that there's something wrong with this company. I can't place my finger on it. It just seems too good to be true and the company sounds shady... oh well I'll find out tomorrow.

-I made a video for the Project Don't Forget that's on here. And, although this might just be me being my own worst critic, but I don't think mine will make it into the final product. I just don't think it was good enough, but none the less I did it. and here it is if you really want to take a look... but you don't have to if you don't want to.

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Sep 5 2011, 11:49 PM
Post #63293

Group Icon

@Pyroclasm Ack, it's so irritating when there's always loads of what you want in a shop when you can't get it, and when you decide to buy it, they're all gone!

@jacksparrow589 I'm glad you had such a great party!

@TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail Good luck with your job interview! I hope it goes well. And I hope that your dad's breathing improves!

CTs:

- My breathing and chest problems got really bad on Saturday night/Sunday morning, not only that, but I started to get pains along my back and chest. :S At about 3:30am the logical part of me that knew that I was breathing well despite the difficulty just totally shut down and I went into a panic attack (which just made everything worse!) So that lead to being in the hospital from 4am-8am. wacko.gif I had all the normal tests and an ECG, chest X-Ray and had some blood work done and they managed to rule out the more serious things like lung clots and such. Although they couldn't figure out what was wrong, they recommended that I take anti-inflammatory tablets and painkillers which seem to be helping. Since I didn't sleep a wink, Saturday and Sunday just seemed like one looooong day. xD; I just took time out yesterday and rested up --Although I'm not feeling exactly 100%, I'm feeling a lot better than I did on the weekend and it's nice to be able to lay down without thinking I'm going to choke to death/stop breathing. So I've been sleeping better, too!

- I'm hoping my step dad can take me to the new house next Monday because that's the only time the engineer can go and activate the phone line. No one else can make it. If not, we'll probably be there a week or so without the net when we move in. Although I'm sure we can live without it for that long. tongue.gif

- It's pouring it down with rain outside, but I'm going to go and see my mum soon. I'll just have to go out armed with a warm coat and an umbrella. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Sep 7 2011, 08:15 PM
Post #63294

TDWTAM--I took a look at your video, and I must say that your story is touching and inspiring. I'm glad you found FMA and that you're able to share yourself with others as a result. smile.gif

A Pierrot's Aria--I'm glad you're feeling better! hug.gif

CTs:

--Well, my dad just kicked my butt in cribbage... *sigh*

--Having absolutely owned at Mario Party 8 yesterday, though... I might've had it coming.

--8 PM and already dark? Whaaaa? wacko.gif

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Sep 9 2011, 09:53 PM
Post #63295

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Member No.: 39,817

CTs:

- I haven't been on in a while. I feel awful. sad.gif College is crazy.

- My parents said Irene wasn't bad at all near them. They said it was really windy, but there weren't even trees knocked over. I was relieved to hear they were safe! But there were other parts of the coast that got hit really bad. sad.gif

- College is a lot of work. At first I was worried most about my Art History class, but I got a 100% on my first quiz. *feels awesome* But the other art classes are really difficult. I'm getting less than stellar grades in Drawing and Design. I'm really trying to work hard, because if I don't get a B or above in every art class, I can't apply for my BFA in my Junior year. >_______< Basically, without a BFA, getting a job later on in the art field is 1000x more difficult.

- My roommate + other people are getting drunk in my room. They're so loud. We are going to get in trouble if they don't shut up. (Yes, we. I'd get in trouble just for being in the same room... even though I'm just sitting on my bed, watching Venture Bros. on my laptop like the antisocial, innocent thing I am. sleep.gif)

- I wanted to get a new DVD player today (my old one broke after its first use), but the problem with going to Walmart/anywhere is that I can't go without someone else. (Scary town is scary.) And... nobody ever wants to go with me.

- Socializing was going well for a while (I joined like 10 clubs/groups and I've made friends), but I've just had a bad week. I had a near panic attack earlier this week, and have just had overall anxiety for the rest of the week. It's not even schoolwork that's getting to me; it's miscellaneous personal issues. I just feel depressed and alone. I know I shouldn't expect anybody to care, but I still get upset when my friends (close friends, I mean) from home don't bother to answer my texts or my messages on facebook. I rarely ever get like this (I'm normally a very calm person around my friends), so it's not like I'm always like: "omg you guys, I'm sad, console me!" But I still feel guilty for bothering them, because they're all probably busy partying or hanging out with their college friends. Which makes me feel even worse. It makes me feel clingy, and everyone probably thinks I'm negative and boring. Like something is wrong with me because it's so difficult for me to socialize.

- I have a headache. I just feel unwell in general.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Sep 10 2011, 04:45 AM
Post #63296

Group Icon

@jacksparrow589 I never win on Mario Party games...laugh.gif

@Razzy I'm sorry that you've had a bad week. That's how I felt in my first month or so at uni. On the first week I cried every day. Just because you're not a drunken, noisy git, don't think for a minute that you're anti-social or boring. I used to think the same thing, because I don't drink alcohol and spent most days in my room alone. I admit that you can sometimes feel left out when everyone else is going partying, and seem to make friends so easily. Going out drinking/being noisy is just not who I am, and I refuse to change just because everyone else sees it as boring: So I don't think that you should feel bad just because you're not the type who is loud/drinks etc and you're sure to meet like-minded people at some point. I also understand how you feel about your close friends. I feel the same way. Don't feel bad about trying to keep in touch with them --there's nothing wrong with that --I hope they get back to you soon. It seems that you, like I was, might be feeling as though you're completely out of your comfort zone (socially) right now. You definitely won't be the only one feeling like this --going to uni is such a huge change. I hope things will start getting better for you soon. hug.gif

CTs:

- It's amazing what you find when you're not even looking for it. I was turning the house upside down the other day trying to find the Gamecube controller (I felt like playing some Gamecube games xD) and I found the mother load of water colours. I was thinking of buying some more, but I'm glad I didn't! They were everywhere!

I also found the Sumi-e sets I never got around to using. They just look way too nice to use! laugh.gif

- Argh, I should get out there and do some of the shopping I need to do! It doesn't look like a very nice day outside at all --so windy and rainy. DX

-It's getting closer and closer to the date on which I move into the new house! I'm getting excited. I want to start packing already but it's still a bit early. tongue.gif

- I'm hungry for chocolate. xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Sep 10 2011, 08:30 AM
Post #63297

Razzy--I'd talk to your RA or whoever's in charge of your dorm about switching rooms. Having such roommates can't be helping. Also, like you and A Pierrot's Aria, I had a really tough go of it socially my first quarter. I pretty much didn't have classes with people I knew (and I didn't join clubs, unlike you, so that made it worse), and all my high school friends were also busy settling into their new lives at other colleges. It's not unreasonable to feel sad or left out because your friends aren't responding. It wasn't unusual for me to feel how you've described after a bad week. It's good to get it out and tell people, though. I hope things settle down for you soon! hug.gif

A Pierrot's Aria--I'd actually almost appreciate windy and rainy; it's been nearly 85 Fahrenheit where I am for the past week. Some people enjoy it. I don't. Shall we switch weather? tongue.gif

CTs:

--My dad made this amazing blackberry crumble. It's almost gone now, but It's so delicious. Just the right balance between sweet and tart.

--My mom and I are going shopping today! biggrin.gif

--Doctor Who tonight--two new episodes since I didn't get to see last week's! I'm so excited!

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
TheDrummerWithTh...
post Sep 11 2011, 12:25 AM
Post #63298

Citizen

It's been a long week, and I'll get to everyone soon

CTs

-This week, world war 3 has started at my house. some major things happened (due to it being personal I cannot say what) and there has been a huge divide in my family once more. It's practically like the start of the divorce all over again.

-And to make things worse, this friend (well ex-friend I should say) sent me and a couple of my friends messages on facebook basically calling us out, saying we're not the people we say we are, that we lied to them, etc. And these two were people who I had known for some time, and the stab of betrayal really hurts. That, and they called my friend an "effing whore" which really angered me. It's strange though, just the other day we were talking like there was nothing wrong, then this all happened. and I basically, without any sort of argument, told them that I wish it didn't end this way, I'm sorry they think that and that I still wish them the best of luck in the future.

-This week has just been a crap week. I'm ready for it to be over, so the new week starts.

EDIT (September 16th):

-I just realized it's been about a week since someone posted here. Everyone must be just as busy because I didn't realize this until just now.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Sep 17 2011, 06:42 PM
Post #63299

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Member No.: 39,817

Thanks, A Pierrot's Aria and jacksparrow. <3 I am feeling better now... but before now, I was in a funk for a week. I realized I just miss my friends and bf. And stuff. I'm trying to stay distracted so I don't get to that low point again... but I've still been spending every night in my room by myself. laugh.gif

TheDrummer - That sounds tough... I hope things get better for you soon. sad.gif

CTs:

- I have done nothing all day.

- My (half of the) room is a mess. I can't see the surface of my desk anymore... there's so much junk on it. The other day, I couldn't see the floor either; I had to finish a Design project, and there was paper... everywhere.

- I spent one day watching Venture Bros. season 2... all day.

- I've been getting good grades in all of my classes so far... so I'm happy about that.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Sep 25 2011, 04:07 PM
Post #63300

TDWTAM--I'm sorry things are (hopefully now "were") so rough around your house and with your friends. sad.gif

Razzy--Keep up the grades! smile.gif

CTs:

--I totally wrenched something in my shoulder moving myself into my dorm on Tuesday. Thank goodness when I was helping with the general move-in Thursday and Friday, most people did a lot of their own lifting.

--My roommate this year seems really nice, even though she's 2 years younger than me. I get the feeling we're going to get along just fine. smile.gif

--Already starting to think about housing for next year since I want to be off-campus. Oy. >_<

--Weather, y u no make up your mind?! (Oh right, Seattle in fall... chaotic weather FOREVER.)

--My new slippers are warm 'n' fuzzy... :3

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post

4228 Pages V  « < 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 01:06 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css