HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

43 Pages V  « < 39 40 41 42 43 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do You Hate What Bones Did To Fma(manga) By Making Fma Anime (first Series)? Spoiler Warning For All Fma Series!, Did BONES ruin FMA by making FMA Anime (first series) the way it is??
Do you hate what BONES did to FMA?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 280
Guests cannot vote 
IVl yasha lVI
post Feb 10 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #601

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,213

QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 15 2005, 05:28 PM)
Ok, this is a discussion going on in the topic "Do you hate what BONES did to FMA?", but since it involves this topic here it is:

I think that the second half of the anime was terrible too because of this:
http://www.ahboba.com/otros/bonesmistakes.pdf
Wow...I never actually thought BONES made THAT many mistakes. o_O Scary...there's mistakes for almost every episode!
I know. At first I thought there were some and that I was stupid for not understanding the end quite well XDD when I saw it I was like "I think I didn't get it all" XDDD and then I saw it again and I said "nono, here's something wrong, yeah, that's not possible, nor that, nor that, nor that etc." XD and when I started writing them all seriously I was really puzzled.

Thanks for reading it all!!! It must have been quite a hard time XDDD

I will say that I noticed a lot of boo-boo's in that list of.. Boo-boo's. o.o;

A lot of them were kind of wrong, though I can see where a lot of them would come from.. For instance:

When Envy said, "We were not made, we were born".. He's cocky. That's his personality. Of course he was going to say that they were 'born'...

And Wrath does have Ed's limbs, but if you haven't noticed, he can also stretch them, so says Wikipedia.

When Lust blew up the library, who says that she couldn't have made some sort of explosive? ...I should probably watch that episode again just to see exactly what happened.

And Wrath probably ages because he was transmuted with the leftover Human body. If you haven't noticed, in the movie even when Ed's limbs are gone, he still looks older than he was in the anime. He is also the only Homunculus to have been made with a Human's dead body.

There was way too much more to even go into... I started getting a little fed up with typos and grammatical errors.. Headaches. :/

--------------------
<Your sig was too big (tall) for this board. The Max sig space for our board,
including all texts and pics, is 500 pix wide x 300 pix high, which is this much space.
Please contain all your sig stuff within this size. Thank you!! :) ~ Board Staff>

http://www.geocities.com/silencedchylde/sp...lcandysiggy.jpg

I'm terminally ill. I'm allowed to have Candy sigs and avvies, but absoloutely do not condone the use of medication recreationally. I have to take this stuff, so for me it's been a running joke. There are people that need it more than you. Remember that.
(the sig is, by the way, to me)
S i l e n c e d C h y l d e . c j b . n e t
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wolfgang Olin
post Feb 10 2007, 05:06 PM
Post #602

Citizen

Member No.: 44,607

QUOTE (deadbeat @ Aug 12 2005, 01:07 AM) *
I just finished watching all 51 episodes, and I have to say what an awful, awful series that was. Love the manga, but the anime is steaming pile of dog poop. For those of you who haven't watched all of it and don't want any spoilers, you should stop reading this now.

***SPOILERS BELOW***

***SPOILER WARNING***

First of all, the basic premise doesn't make any sense. The great secret behind The Gate is that it links to Europe during World War I and II? What a bunch of mindless pedagogy. "Oh gee, war is bad!" Thanks for the memo, what a shocker. The show never missed an opportunity to grandstand on the obvious, like how killing innocent people is wrong, people should not be greedy or ruthless, children should honor their parents, blah blah blah. Who needs the petty moralizing? What a giant waste of my time. When it's not spitting out some incomprehensible nonsense about the cosmic order of the universe, it's delivering some grade school lesson about war. On a sidenote, I also find it ironic that a Japanese television should would select Germany to deliver the lecture on countries who wage war on innocent people--where's the rape of Nanking? I guess it's easier to stuff generalizations down the throats of your audience when you're pointing the finger at someone else.

That show is 17 hours of buildup for no psychological payoff. If Dante was controlling all of the homunculi, how about a little mroe background information on her? Or Hohenheim? Instead there's a lot of weepy, maudlin scenes where Ed and Al have to Do the Right Thing, Even If It Hurts. Snooze. It's a boring, one-dimensional show with little or no character depth. Like, could Al be any more of a whiner? I kept hoping he would die so I wouldn't have to listent to him complain and whine constantly. In fact, the most interesting character is actually Scar, but he is poorly used as a foil to Edward.

The only thing I can hope for is that the manga doesn't turn out as bad.

But somehow I doubt it.

Well, it's a good thing you understood the series, otherwise you wouldn't bash it.
By the way, that was sarcasm.
I know this is my first post, but I might as well set this idiot straight.

If you did pay attention, you'd figure out that the gate was in fact a door way between both worlds. Beyond the gate from Ed's world, is OUR World, where church rules instead of science. Religion, as you should have noticed, in Ed's world is almost non-existant, except for the very first episode, where Ed and Al find a town with a fake prophet. Plus the fact that the Ishbalin people worshiped gods and banished Alchemy.
In our world it's different like polar-opposites.

Plus, if this guy was smart he would have done what everyone already said, numerous times. If you didn't like the anime, than go watch some other crap.

Your just wasting more of your time writing a useless rant.

<*cough* You wasted your time by replying to 2 year old post. And, you should stop bashing of other posters. Else we need to set you straight for the better posting decorum. ~ Board staff>

--------------------

+Quote Post
PUKE
post Sep 10 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #603

Alchemists

Member No.: 29,713

lol. the anime wasn't as bad as i thought before. obviously, the manga owns. the only thing i like that BONES did to the fma anime is Dante. oh yeah, she's my type of woman. <3 <3

--------------------
[:.Links.:]

DeviantART
[visit and critique my gallery! :D]
Encyclopedia Dramatica
[an awesome site that you should visit for the lulz. Warning: not for pansies.]

Believe it!!!

"Ich durfte keine Nippel lecken
und keine Falte zum Verstecken
niemand gab mir einen Namen
gezeugt in Hast und ohne Samen

Der Mutter die mich nie geboren
hab ich heute Nacht geschworen
ich werd ihr eine Krankheit schenken
und sie danach im Fluss versenken"
- Rammstein (Mutter)

+Quote Post
natsu-hime
post Nov 24 2007, 01:30 AM
Post #604

Apprentice

Member No.: 49,217

maybe someone already thought or this or posted this but i think, about the fact that they decided to cut off the roiai moments...first time i read it and i was screaming like "WTF! KILL BONEZ AND MITSUSHIMA SEIJI!" but what if it is actually hiromu arakawa who requested it? i mean, if in the 'deleted' parts contained scenes that actually stated that the feelings between them is true (or false) and some major lovey-dovey scenes that'll make us go nuts and squee and kyaa and blah blah blah or roy confessed his love or riza confessed his love then some problems happened that makes roy got demoted and they separate. but maybe there is a reason why arakawa wants it to be cut off. maybe she is planning something similar for her manga and manga readers (and roiai fans), we are still eagerly waiting for them whether they confess their love or how their relationship will end or something like that. arakawa is actually taking advantage of the popular couple to add more drama and plot twist in her manga - so maybe it is like that LOL

random theory based on chibi party:
neya michiko is pissed off to voice romantic lovey-dovey scenes with a jii-jii (gomen, ookawa-san)

+Quote Post
Saving_Grace
post Jun 19 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #605

Alchemists

Member No.: 33,782

Spoiler warning...

Hmm, character-wise, I think Bones did ok, the only things that annoyed me were angsty-Roy in the film, and the lack of development with the Ed-Winry stuff. I can deal with the lack of Royai.

In general, the manga is FAR better than the anime.

The things that REALLY annoyed me were the FMA movie (what the hell?) and the last two episodes of the anime. I just loathed the WWII idea in the film, and their thinly-veiled attempt to bring back dead characters (Hughes, Lust, Scar) was a nice idea, but it fell a little flat for me. The ultimate climax in the anime was stupid- just a clumsy attempt to make ends meet.

And killing off Izumi inbetween the anime and movie was just horrible, did not do her justice at all.

I think BONES are just... just...

A bunch of naughty, bad men!

dry.gif

+Quote Post
chikolu
post May 4 2009, 01:15 PM
Post #606

Citizen

Member No.: 68,072

you are so right! I loved the first anime version but when Bones changed the story it was like i was seeing another series! i was so mad that i didnt watch the last 10 episodes!

+Quote Post
luluseason
post Jun 4 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #607

Citizen

Member No.: 69,073

No, because I think the story the way the set it out in the anime is well thought out and well made, even though it doesnt follow the manga, I respect the story that they came up with. It turned out to be a Big Sucess anyway. biggrin.gif
I like both though, its like different sides to the same story, which makes it more interesting than reading and watching the same thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Full_Metal_Clinc...
post Jul 5 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #608

Citizen

Member No.: 69,900

To Be Honest the whole of the first series felt like it was rushed

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 5 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #609

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

I watched the anime first, but after reading the manga I find it very difficult to like the first series anymore because the manga is just supieror in every way to me XD all though i throughly enjoyed it before i read the manga, so even though i voted a absoloute YES, i can't hate it as i probably wouldn't have got into fma otherwise and without the manga to compare it to (bar the ending that sucks) it was very good

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cinnamae
post Jul 5 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #610

Citizen

Member No.: 69,206

I've used the word "despise" to describe my opinion of the first anime in the past. Now I've grown to dislike it. Though, I still despise the ending and the movie. The anime was the first FMA experience I had, but I still didn't like it. Something felt so wrong, to me. While I liked the basic idea, the story seemed to get more and more convoluted and melodramatic. After I finished the anime, it took me almost a year to give the manga a shot.

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jul 5 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #611

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

I kind of view the first anime and the manga as two separate entities, so it didn't really bother me when I found out how drastically different the first anime was from the manga. I wasn't even planning to watch the anime until a friend of mine convinced me, and while I didn't like it nearly as much as I like the manga I wasn't put off by it in any way. They're so different that it's hard for me to even think of them as the same franchise lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jul 5 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #612

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

I don't think they ruined it...after all Arakawa asked them to make it different. I'm just glad they're "redoing" a second season biggrin.gif

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Oct 30 2009, 06:01 PM
Post #613

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

QUOTE (Wolfgang Olin @ Feb 10 2007, 07:06 PM) *
Beyond the gate from Ed's world, is OUR World, where church rules instead of science. Religion, as you should have noticed, in Ed's world is almost non-existant, except for the very first episode, where Ed and Al find a town with a fake prophet.

I remember someone pointed out that Clara became a nun at one point in episode 10, but Christianity was unheard of later on. Huh?

I wouldn't say that religion overtook science or vice-versa in either world. It's more like both worlds had different kinds of religions and sciences. And if Hohenheim was right, then the physics in one world work because it's in a parasitic relationship with the other world... So why is that never brought up again? Shouldn't Ed or someone have explored the ramifications of all alchemy being powered by death in a parallel universe? Like, does a transmutation actively kill someone, or does it just take the opportunity to use the soul energy from someone who's already dying? Eh, I guess they wanted to pack a lot of revelations into the TV ending, but they didn't want the movie to be full of Ed running around screaming "ALCHEMY IS PEOPLE!!!"

But now whenever I watch the brothers' cute little alchemy duel in episode 38, I imagine every transmutation flash accompanied by "DIE." "DIE." "DIE." "DIE." "DIE."

+Quote Post
Fullmetal666
post Dec 14 2009, 03:07 AM
Post #614

Citizen

Member No.: 71,879

I don't hate what Bones did. In fact I prefer there take on the FMA series over the original manga. I feel that they added depth to the characters. I feel that they give the characters more heart and soul to them then the manga ever did.
Every character had a reason for what they were doing.
Take Lust for example, in the manga she's a boring character, but in the anime, she had a reason for everything she did. And in the end she died helping Ed.
Another reason why I like the anime over the manga is cause it has a kind of dark feel to it at times(especially at the end of the series). Where at times the manga has silly moments in it that took me out of the story for a moment.
So all in all I love what Bones did to FMA.

--------------------
Lust: Maybe you are right. Where did I come from, and where will I go when I die? Maybe all this time, that is what I wanted... the freedom to find out.

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Dec 14 2009, 06:21 AM
Post #615

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

i think it was fine both ways. i think it had its high and low points. to be honest i don't know what i could point out to show what ai mean but i do have reasons.

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post

43 Pages V  « < 39 40 41 42 43 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 01:25 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css