HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

43 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do You Hate What Bones Did To Fma(manga) By Making Fma Anime (first Series)? Spoiler Warning For All Fma Series!, Did BONES ruin FMA by making FMA Anime (first series) the way it is??
Do you hate what BONES did to FMA?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 280
Guests cannot vote 
Keos
post Jul 29 2005, 02:46 AM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,621

Mm... I thought you could seeing as you're the creator - maybe if you really insist, one of the Administrators (or at least someone with that privilege) would do it..... hope it's not too bothersome for them sad.gif

Btw: do you know how I can stop the board sending me emails everytime there's a reply? I've unchecked all the board email options but that doesn't seem to do it...

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

EdWin is canon! Thankyou Arakawa-sensei~~ ^ ^

Cloud & Tifa - The official FF7 couple.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Jul 29 2005, 03:10 AM
Post #17

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

QUOTE(Keos @ Jul 29 2005, 01:46 AM)
Mm... I thought you could seeing as you're the creator - maybe if you really insist, one of the Administrators (or at least someone with that privilege) would do it..... hope it's not too bothersome for them sad.gif
[snapback]231376[/snapback]

edited, hope i got it right. smile.gif (and for the record, no, i'm not too pleased with what BONES did to FMA. and "not too pleased" is an understatement.)

QUOTE(Keos @ Jul 29 2005, 01:46 AM)
Btw: do you know how I can stop the board sending me emails everytime there's a reply?  I've unchecked all the board email options but that doesn't seem to do it...

hopefully this'll take care of it (it may not, i still get e-mails from one thread):
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jan 20 2005, 08:52 PM)
Email Notification
You are automatically subscribed to a thread when you make a post in it, and keep receiving troublesome e-mails that take up space in your inbox?  To remedy this problem, go to My Controls, then click on Email Settings (under Options).  Check off the box beside Enable 'Email Notification' by default? and ensure that the default type is No Email Notification.  For a pictoral example, see this picture.

For further assistance with problems not listed here, please visit our Technical Support section.
[snapback]93019[/snapback]

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jul 29 2005, 03:11 AM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 11,740

QUOTE(Keos @ Jul 29 2005, 10:46 AM)

Btw: do you know how I can stop the board sending me emails everytime there's a reply?  I've unchecked all the board email options but that doesn't seem to do it...

I don't know what happened but someone just did it! THANKS!!! XDDD

I don't know :S I didn't check that option so...

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jul 29 2005, 03:44 AM
Post #19

Apprentice

Oh thankyou xrninja! ^ ^ Yeah, mine's on no default emails... so I guess that might just be the board.

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

+Quote Post
deekay
post Jul 29 2005, 06:53 PM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 11,070

Well many people don't haven't read the manga so they dont know just how much bones messed up in some respects the source material. I could live with some minor inconsistencies in the story, even the alternate world crap and the ending of anime if they hadn't screwed up the movie with such a lame ending. If they had gotten the movie right then i think most fans would be alot more forgiving overall why did they not consult the manga writer or at least the fans. You know who should be asked this question of the poll the writer of manga, i'd love to hear her opinion of what Bones did to the anime (ending especially) and this movie.

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jul 30 2005, 02:37 AM
Post #21

I would love to hear it too. Isn't there a way to interview her and publish it?? Because I think BONES wouldn't do that

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jul 30 2005, 04:23 AM
Post #22

Guests

Most Japanese mangaka would never say outright they hate the adaptations since it is bad form in their society to be "rude or insulting" and go against their own company's decisions (after all Square Enix is the one who licensed the franchise to Bones for the anime).

The only mangaka I've ever heard of that rose a stink about the adaptations was Hellsing's mangaka, but he was pretty well known to be a rebel at work (the editors suffer his irregular releases).

So Arakawa might never say her thoughts outright, but if she has never said "I love the adaptation", then you can take a hint that she might not like it at all.

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jul 30 2005, 05:39 AM
Post #23

I think that happened with the mangaka of sailor moon too. And someone told me that Arakawa was angry with BONES :s

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jul 30 2005, 06:31 PM
Post #24

Guests

If you read the little comics she draw at the end of one of the manga volumes - depicting the day she heard FMA was being animated - it seems she was more like ticked off, decided to wash her hands off of it, simply sit back, and see what happens.

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jul 31 2005, 12:44 AM
Post #25

QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 31 2005, 02:31 AM)
If you read the little comics she draw at the end of one of the manga volumes - depicting the day she heard FMA was being animated - it seems she was more like ticked off, decided to wash her hands off of it, simply sit back, and see what happens.
[snapback]233274[/snapback]

O.o really? what little comics?

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Saturn Stars
post Jul 31 2005, 01:00 AM
Post #26

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,102

yes could you please link to that so we can see whats hidden between the lines in her writing?

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>LOL!</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>~*~Lialiakicks' evil parter in crime~*~</span>
*Yukina_Raven's lil sis* *Chiyo's lil sis* My big sisters rock!
Taken Away EdxWinxRozexWin? Lost in Your Heaven EdxWin... er... WinxMunichAl? (It's up to your imagination lol) EdxWinry 100 Themes Uh yeah that's EdxWin Someone Who Cares For Me EdxWin... again... Manga Related? Stand Up and Walk Forward Umm yes... EdxWin His Gift *Cough* Edxwin *Cough* Manga related? First Kiss [Edxwin] Nah really saturn Stars? Let me tell you... if fluff could kill... *Manga, Chapter 48 related*
Above is my army of Edxwin fics... lol enjoy!

+Quote Post
adamclark
post Jul 31 2005, 01:20 AM
Post #27

Alchemists

Member No.: 16,467

i had already talked about this on another thread, but it is obvious that the anime outran the manga and so the second half was an original packwork of stories from the story editor, not hiromu.

which explained a lot for me after watching season two and seeing how the story takes such a strange direction from the first.

so that got me upset, because the series was great, but got strange in the end. and although i'd prefer that they never introduced that damn alternate world thing, i still think it's an awesome story and hope they clean up the end in the movie (which wont come out in america for another year i guess.)

but i am also awaiting the releases of the manga in america, i do like it as well.

--------------------
"Everybody's a jerk. You, me, this jerk." -Bender

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jul 31 2005, 01:38 AM
Post #28

Apprentice

I, too, would like to see Arakawa-sensei's opinion...... so er.. if anyone can post that omake? ^ ^

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Jul 31 2005, 02:08 AM
Post #29

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

i'm not sure, but is this the omake? it's the only one i've seen concerning Arakawa and the anime.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  arakawaanimethoughts.jpg ( 253.3K ) Number of downloads: 226

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
Saturn Stars
post Jul 31 2005, 02:19 AM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,102

I see... she seems okay with it i guess

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>LOL!</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>~*~Lialiakicks' evil parter in crime~*~</span>
*Yukina_Raven's lil sis* *Chiyo's lil sis* My big sisters rock!
Taken Away EdxWinxRozexWin? Lost in Your Heaven EdxWin... er... WinxMunichAl? (It's up to your imagination lol) EdxWinry 100 Themes Uh yeah that's EdxWin Someone Who Cares For Me EdxWin... again... Manga Related? Stand Up and Walk Forward Umm yes... EdxWin His Gift *Cough* Edxwin *Cough* Manga related? First Kiss [Edxwin] Nah really saturn Stars? Let me tell you... if fluff could kill... *Manga, Chapter 48 related*
Above is my army of Edxwin fics... lol enjoy!

+Quote Post

43 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 10:01 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css