HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

43 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do You Hate What Bones Did To Fma(manga) By Making Fma Anime (first Series)? Spoiler Warning For All Fma Series!, Did BONES ruin FMA by making FMA Anime (first series) the way it is??
Do you hate what BONES did to FMA?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 280
Guests cannot vote 
Reika
post Jul 27 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,740

This poll is for those that have seen at least all the episodes of the anime.

I just wanted to know how many of you hate or don't hate this... studio ¬¬

I personally hate it to death for many reasons. Which are stated bellow.

1)The unaswered questions they left when they separated from the manga (Don't get me wrong. I like when the anime and the manga are different, 'cause that makes as if we had more. But I think that they tried to end it so quickly that left too many unanswered questions that, for me, made the second half of the anime shameful and pitiful)

UNANSWERED QUESTIONS AND AFTERTHOUGHTS THAT MAKE ME HATE WHAT BONES DID TO FMA, AS WELL AS TO SAY THAT WHAT THEY DID WAS CRAPPY, PATHETIC, PITIFUL AND SHAMEFUL:

http://www.ahboba.com/otros/bonesmistakes.pdf

2) they said there would be royai, they SOLD us royai on magazines, they KNOW that there are more royai lovers than even Ed/winry!!! And there's NOTHING of royai!!!

They gave more protagonism to secondary characters!!! (how typical of BONES)

They CHANGED personalities!!! "I don't want to use alchemy because that reminds me the crimes I did with it" <--- after a happy ending killing the bad guy with alchemy????????!!!! after all of this years???!!! And why the hell did he got demoted, did they even explain that?

etc.

So yeah, I hate what they did.

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jul 27 2005, 06:51 PM
Post #2

Guests

I don't hate BONES. They had some other products which I consider good(e.g. Wolf's Rain, Scrapped Princess, Kurau, etc). But their adaptation of FMA did disappoint me. They turned an excellent, exciting, dramatic manga into a illogical, angtsy, soap-opera anime.

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jul 27 2005, 07:19 PM
Post #3

Apprentice

Member No.: 17,621

I can't say I hate them... hate's a very strong word. I think they did quite a good job with the anime considering that they didn't have the benefit of having the entire manga to write the script from. Animation was brilliant and the music was too, so not much complaint there. What they COULD have done better though was flesh out some of the major characters, add more humour to them, (make them seem more realistic... one can't possibly be miserable ALL the time as was the case with Anime Ed during the latter half of the anime, it seemed). Instead of spending entire episodes on side stories with uninteresting characters (ie. Russel and his brother), they could have take the time to do side stories fleshing out already existing main characters (ie. Winry & Aunt Pinako, Roy, Riza, subordinates). Scar was deeper than his manga counterpart, but was still as uninteresting and just as dull.

What I found rather disappointing was the fact that even though the Elric brothers were childhood friends (great friends) with Winry and "family" with Aunt Pinako, it seemed that after the first "incident", affection and love seemed to have been one-sided coming from the Rockbell family. Al was better at accepting the love, I think, but Ed just seemed eternally depressed . I understand why he would be and I sympathise with that.... but I found his constant depression and pushing people away similar to Shinji's whining in Neon Genesis - he needed to have an epithany and stand up abit more. My criticism of the Ed character is that he was too focused on his past guilt, being a teenager and lonely child, that is also natural... what wasn't natural was the CONSTANT and Never-changing pushing away of people and refusing to accept them.

Wow, it seems that my criticism of BONES has turned into a criticism of Ed tongue.gif .... of course, Ed being their character (their version of manga Ed anyway), it is also a criticism of BONES. My other criticism of BONEs is that they could have made a better movie ending which would have satisfied fans on most levels, not only on some levels. Overall, BONES did a good job, considering their position. Nothing beats Arakawa-sensei's work, though.

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

EdWin is canon! Thankyou Arakawa-sensei~~ ^ ^

Cloud & Tifa - The official FF7 couple.

+Quote Post
Drethai
post Jul 27 2005, 10:12 PM
Post #4

Citizen

Member No.: 18,053

I hate them a little just because they ended this awesome anime in the most harsh way possible. Although they both got their bodies back (Ed still has his Auto-Mail, but it's still better than death!), the price was that they could not be with each other. They were worlds apart, and the fact that Edward couldn't use Alchemy anymore just made things worse on the imagination portion of what would happen after the series... >.<! I sincerely hope that the movie ties whatever loose ends were left behind in the anime. But more importantly, I hope the movie gets subbed soon! xD

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jul 28 2005, 07:53 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Keos @ Jul 28 2005, 03:19 AM)
I can't say I hate them... hate's a very strong word.  I think they did quite a good job with the anime considering that they didn't have the benefit of having the entire manga to write the script from.  Animation was brilliant and the music was too, so not much complaint there.  What they COULD have done better though was flesh out some of the major characters, add more humour to them, (make them seem more realistic... one can't possibly be miserable ALL the time as was the case with Anime Ed during the latter half of the anime, it seemed).  Instead of spending entire episodes on side stories with uninteresting characters (ie. Russel and his brother), they could have take the time to do side stories fleshing out already existing main characters (ie. Winry & Aunt Pinako, Roy, Riza, subordinates).  Scar was deeper than his manga counterpart, but was still as uninteresting and just as dull.

What I found rather disappointing was the fact that even though the Elric brothers were childhood friends (great friends) with Winry and "family" with Aunt Pinako, it seemed that after the first "incident", affection and love seemed to have been one-sided coming from the Rockbell family.  Al was better at accepting the love, I think, but Ed just seemed eternally depressed .  I understand why he would be and I sympathise with that.... but I found his constant depression and pushing people away similar to Shinji's whining in Neon Genesis - he needed to have an epithany and stand up abit more.  My criticism of the Ed character is that he was too focused on his past guilt, being a teenager and lonely child, that is also natural... what wasn't natural was the CONSTANT and Never-changing pushing away of people and refusing to accept them.

Wow, it seems that my criticism of BONES has turned into a criticism of Ed tongue.gif .... of course, Ed being their character (their version of manga Ed anyway), it is also a criticism of BONES.  My other criticism of BONEs is that they could have made a better movie ending which would have satisfied fans on most levels, not only on some levels.  Overall, BONES did a good job, considering their position.  Nothing beats Arakawa-sensei's work, though.
[snapback]229387[/snapback]

Nice critic!

They wouldn't be the first ones that wait a year so the manga goes on, or talk with the creator about his/her ideas, so they can continue without needing to spoil the story.

Personally, I find quite disconforting to see how envy suddenly remembers his original form when he clearly said, both in manga and anime, that he's changed so much times that he couldn't remember his original shape. So that gives no space to the possiblity of him being Hohenheims first son's transmutation and hate him for what he did because he wouldn't be able to forget that.
And this kind of errors and worse are all over the anime since chapter 27, specially from chap 38 to chap 51, and that really bothered me untill now, and I started to think that BONES deserved to be hated XD but after reading the movie spoilers... well, I just wanted to kill them. Wait, no, I want them to suffer XDDDDDD. What's worse, is that I know they've made similar mistakes in the movie, even without seeing it.

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jul 28 2005, 08:48 AM
Post #6

Apprentice

Thankyou smile.gif

I can't really remember that much about what Envy has said with regards to his original form... but I thought the whole sudden pulling emergence of his "true" face in the last few episodes was very random and didn't seem to serve much purpose other than show us that no, he doesnt' actually look like that. I do remember other parts of the anime though, where BONES obviously made mistakes... notably Al falling into water during training after Ed first got his automail (the first few episodes) but Ed did not seem concerned that. That obviously contradicted the later episode where Ed raised so much more concern. I didn't notice on the first time through of course, so in general, their mistakes are not blatantly obvious and are due to them doing a second-hand narration (albeit a not so faithful one) to what Arakawa-sensei had.

And yes, I felt the movie ending was rather unfinished as well. It's great that Al and Ed got together. It was definitely not great they ended up in a different world with where terror and destruction was nigh. I don't think people would feel great about seeing their favourite characters escaping from the holocaust. Or worse, get captured and sent to concentration camps with no prospect of escape like some of those good Germans in the past.

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

+Quote Post
ALFA TSUME
post Jul 28 2005, 09:01 AM
Post #7

Citizen

Member No.: 18,038

I think he had good ideas for the first shows he made ,like Wolf's Rain and a few others but he is truely going in circles with FMA its like watching FLCL in the middle of the season.

but no bones is alright. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jul 28 2005, 09:05 AM
Post #8

Actually, I'm so disappointed with their, as you said, "second-hand narration" that I'm going to find every and each mistake they made XD specially obvious ones and I'll state them later on this topic, because those are the main reasons that makes me hate BONES.

FMA is the only anime I've seen from this studio and I'm reading that it made a good job with other series, but Ď hate what he did with FMA. Maybe I should change the question of the poll to "Do you hate what BONES did to FMA?"

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Dai
post Jul 28 2005, 09:14 AM
Post #9

Apprentice

Member No.: 16,004

you know I agree with you Reika XD stupid bones! ¬¬

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jul 28 2005, 09:28 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(Dai @ Jul 28 2005, 05:14 PM)
[snapback]230075[/snapback]

XDD I love you, you always agree with me XDD it's scary to know there's someone that thinks like you in 95% of the cases! :s

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Dai
post Jul 28 2005, 09:41 AM
Post #11

Apprentice

QUOTE(Reika @ Jul 28 2005, 05:28 PM)

XDD I love you, you always agree with me XDD it's scary to know there's someone that thinks like you in 95% of the cases! :s
[snapback]230086[/snapback]

too much time "together" ? XD

but yes, it's scary XD, you know what they say "two people wich sleep in the same matress, became of the same opinion" XDDDDDDDDD it is the same, but without mattress, only talking and you being 1000 km from me XDDDDDDDDD

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jul 28 2005, 09:42 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(Dai @ Jul 28 2005, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE(Reika @ Jul 28 2005, 05:28 PM)

[snapback]230086[/snapback]

too much time "together" ? XD

but yes, it's scary XD, you know what they say "two people wich sleep in the same matress, became of the same opinion" XDDDDDDDDD it is the same, but without mattress, only talking and you being 1000 km from me XDDDDDDDDD
[snapback]230099[/snapback]

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD that must be it. But this is off-topic XD

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Dai
post Jul 28 2005, 09:47 AM
Post #13

Apprentice

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD that must be it. But this is off-topic XD

jous >_< (yeah, jous XD) but you are right (BUT... you started ¬¬ XDDDDD)

well, Bones is almost as bad as Toei ¬¬. FMA anime is worse than manga version, it's full of fails and nonsense characters (Dante, god how I hate her XD) and stories ¬¬

(do you see? it is on-topic again laugh.gif XDDDDDDD)

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jul 29 2005, 12:04 AM
Post #14

Apprentice

QUOTE("Reika")
Actually, I'm so disappointed with their, as you said, "second-hand narration" that I'm going to find every and each mistake they made XD specially obvious ones and I'll state them later on this topic, because those are the main reasons that makes me hate BONES.

Yeah, why not? smile.gif Enlighten me on their errors. I can't help but think that they have done a pretty good job overall with the anime.. it's only fair to give them that rating, but it won't change the fact that I, like you am rather disappointed with the results in some ways.

QUOTE("Reika")
FMA is the only anime I've seen from this studio and I'm reading that it made a good job with other series, but Ď hate what he did with FMA. Maybe I should change the question of the poll to "Do you hate what BONES did to FMA?"

I endorse that thinking and is definitely more specific smile.gif

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jul 29 2005, 02:27 AM
Post #15

Yeah, why not? smile.gif  Enlighten me on their errors.  I can't help but think  that they have done a pretty good job overall with the anime.. it's only fair to give them that rating, but it won't change the fact that I, like you am rather disappointed with the results in some ways.

I reached episode 19 XD and I'm more dissapointed, from episode 1 to episde 12 or so are almost at least one mistake per episode :s, and I haven't reached episode 27 yet ^^U I'll continue later on, let's see if I finish it today.

I endorse that thinking and is definitely more specific smile.gif

Problem, I don't know how to do that.

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post

43 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 10:10 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css