HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Discussions On "story" On Fma-1, Comparing To Manga Storyline., Your opinions?
Kirara
post Oct 8 2005, 12:54 PM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,267

Although I do think the manga is much better than the anime I did enjoy the anime right up to the end (though I do have some problems with the movie). I am also glad that the anime didn't follow the manga exactly because then the series would have been overrun by filler and I have no tolerance for filler.

I also missed any indication that Dante was responsible for Trisha's death. Can someone let me know where this occured in the series?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Singhay
post Oct 9 2005, 06:09 PM
Post #32

Apprentice

Member No.: 15,464

I thought the 2nd half was okay, same with the movie. I still think after finishing the anime and movie that they centered on the "humans are cruel" topic way to much. The gradual change in characters was too much to handle with 25 episodes before hand building the characters up.
I also saw it this way

Anime = bad things happened to everyone
Movie = good things shoulda happened to everyone

Equivalent Exchange. sad.gif too bad it didnt turn out like that, thats okay.

+Quote Post
Kynikos
post Oct 10 2005, 04:54 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 23,578

I have to admit near the ending episodes were rather unexpected but hopefully the manga can clear up things more. Personally much as I like the more "emotional" focus of the Elric Brothers I can't help but find it boring at times.

--------------------
Like they say: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, what makes your stronger makes you a killer"

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Oct 17 2005, 07:38 AM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

I like FMA up until the end. I thought it had a good ending, but I have yet to actually finish the Manga (getting there wink.gif).

The end of it satisfied me....and now I move onto the Manga!! smile.gif

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Guest_Ladymercury (unable to login)_*
post Oct 17 2005, 03:29 PM
Post #35

Guests

http://www.therossman.com/rrr/anime/fullmetalalchemist.html

Whoever posted that on page one, thanks, because that was some funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyy stuff.

Anyway, I basically said what I had to say in the " Did you hate what BONES did to FMA " thread.

Anyone care to take a trip to EMO FEST! 2005 in which the headline showing is FMA while the headliner band is My Chemical Romance?

I kid, I kid.

God I fail at sarcasm.

+Quote Post
blackrider76
post Oct 17 2005, 05:17 PM
Post #36

Apprentice

Member No.: 20,078

QUOTE(Ladymercury (unable to login) @ Oct 17 2005, 03:29 PM) [snapback]300942[/snapback]

http://www.therossman.com/rrr/anime/fullmetalalchemist.html

Whoever posted that on page one, thanks, because that was some funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyy stuff.

Anyway, I basically said what I had to say in the " Did you hate what BONES did to FMA " thread.

Anyone care to take a trip to EMO FEST! 2005 in which the headline showing is FMA while the headliner band is My Chemical Romance?

I kid, I kid.

God I fail at sarcasm.

whoever wrote that (the article) in my opinion is half-delusional or crazy. Anyone who curses THAT much, even if we are arguing on the same side, is crazy and immature

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 17 2005, 08:37 PM
Post #37

Guests

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 16 2005, 09:48 PM) [snapback]300784[/snapback]

QUOTE(Kirara @ Oct 15 2005, 04:15 AM) [snapback]300527[/snapback]

Even though the manga itself has plot holes you can drive a truck through

Really? That's funny because compared to the anime I would say the manga is pretty plot hole free. I mean there might be some minor mistakes but overall the manga has perfect continiuity. So I am curious to know what these major plot holes are that you see.

Envy turned his limbs into blades recently in the manga. He also turned into a monstrous creature which he could never do before tongue.gif .

How are those plot holes? Arakawa never said Envy can never do that.
Either you have no idea of what a discontinuity is, or you are biased up to your neck in anime bullshit.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 18 2005, 02:26 AM
Post #38

Guests

There's no plothole that can be said it is when the manga's not finished yet.

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Oct 18 2005, 05:44 PM
Post #39

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

I can't help but laugh at 'critiques' which eschew critical thinking in favor of carping over plot points that simply don't sit well with the writer[s].

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Oct 18 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 250

QUOTE(Kirara @ Oct 17 2005, 11:59 AM) [snapback]300841[/snapback]

How is that a plot hole? Was it ever said that Envy couldn't do these things? Envy can manipulate its body to take any form that has been consistent this whole time. Just because something has never been done or seen before doesn't make it a plot hole just as long as you can back it up which Arakawa did do. See below!

Its not a plot hole, as you guys completely and utterly missed the sarcasm noted by the tongue.gif .

The reason I said it because it was people like Reika who were complaining when Envy did the EXACT SAME THING in the anime and said it wasn't possible for Envy to do this or some BS.

I can't help but laugh at 'critiques' which eschew critical thinking in favor of carping over plot points that simply don't sit well with the writer[s].

Exactly.

Most of these plotholes and essays are not legitimate. Its just complaints and opinions really.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
harmony_kh_kairi
post Oct 18 2005, 11:49 PM
Post #41

Citizen

From: Why do you want to know? *cough* West Coast of *cough* Florida *cough*
Member No.: 11,459

Jeeze why can't anyone ever debate a topic without putting someone or something down?

Anyway even though there was some discontinuity in the way BONES completed the anime I still enjoyed it immensely. Like other people have said here before sometimes an anime that's based on a manga is made before the manga is finished so you have to make an ending up that will most likely be different from the manga author's. Examples of this of course if Trigun which ultimately was a good anime and then you have animes like DNAngel which if compared to the anime version of FMA is the biggest load of rubbish ever the whole way through the only things that are the same there is the fact that the Niwa family male genes carry Dark. However I digress.

I actually have a hard time liking anime that is completely the same as the manga its derived from except for a few special circumstances (Bleach for instance since it stays really close to its manga form). This is because you're just watching the same story unfold in a different medium. Boring! The fact that we've seen the FMA anime unfold in one way and then we'll get to see manga unfold in a completely different way is both exciting and interesting and keeps the love for the series as a whole going long after the anime has ended. Think about this in Japan the anime has ended and they now have the movie you'd think there'd be nothing left for FMA there except for video games and the digression of the fan community over time. But wait there's manga to look forward to there as well and so the FMA love and fan community continues to grow and flourish.

For me I say as long as the following statement can hold true then I'm happy no matter how the series ends in any one of its mediums.

Long Live Fullmetal Alchemist!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first and the lesson after"
Please read my fic Someone Like You What happens when someone who isn't you looks just like you?

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Oct 18 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 250

EXACTLY harmony. That's what I'm constantly saying about the manga. I love that they are divergent since it gives me more incentive to buy and keep reading the manga since I haven't seen how it ends yet!

I don't understand why no one else sees this.

I also think Madhouse did a much better job turning Trigun into one complete anime series than Nigthow's manga. Nightow's manga is good and it fleshes certain things out more...but its a lot slower and he NEVER finished it. At least with the anime we got a complete story.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Reika
post Oct 19 2005, 07:43 AM
Post #43

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 11,740

1)TheVileOne: stop saying things that didn't happen, or at least learn your language, which ever is your problem. "Complain" because it is a mistake it's not the same as "they said they were plotholes". And you know that complain was just for you, my love.
2)Of course noone can discuss anything without putting something/one down. Try saying "I don't like the anime", let's see how much you last.

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Oct 19 2005, 11:00 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 3,267

Its not a plot hole, as you guys completely and utterly missed the sarcasm noted by the .

The reason I said it because it was people like Reika who were complaining when Envy did the EXACT SAME THING in the anime and said it wasn't possible for Envy to do this or some BS.

Thank you for pointing out that you were being sarcastic. However I wasn't asking you for a sarcastic reply, I was looking for a genuine one. In another post you said that the manga has plot holes that you can drive a truck through so I was just interested to know what these plot holes are that you see in the manga. Perhaps you were also being sarcastic with this comment as well?

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 20 2005, 11:46 AM
Post #45

Guests

Yeah, I agree, I want to know too.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 02:01 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css