HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dvd Volume Iv: The Fall Of Ishbal, Out now!
adamclark
post Jul 27 2005, 02:23 PM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,467

<Adding "DVD" to the thread title to better describe the content of the thread, and moving from FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum to FMA Anime Japanese Audience sub-forum where all FMA DVD related threads are being collected currently 02/21/07 ~Tombow>

Hey everybody! The next installment of the American version of FMA is out on DVD! Volume four contains episodes 13-16.

I got it yesterday and am pretty excited about it (although it is frustrating collecting each volume as it comes out). I especially like the accompanying art booklet they include with the DVDs. It contains great production and character artwork, as well as interesting intros written by the original anime creators.

if you haven't started collecting the dvds, what are you waiting for?

--------------------
"Everybody's a jerk. You, me, this jerk." -Bender
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glam
post Jul 27 2005, 02:31 PM
Post #2

Apprentice

Member No.: 7,205

Does anybody else have problems playing their dvds? Cause I got mine at suncoast, and episode 13 and 14 won't play for me it just stops, and I returned it and got another dvd and it still does the same thing for me. =.=;;

+Quote Post
adamclark
post Jul 27 2005, 02:38 PM
Post #3

Alchemists

well that sounds like it could be a dvd player issue. try using it on another player.

dvd is a great technology, but has problems VHS never did. If you have a cheap dvd player (or one prone to being flakey) then the slightest problem with a dvd will cause it to skip and such.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Glam
post Jul 27 2005, 03:15 PM
Post #4

Apprentice

yeah, but all my other 3 fullmetal alchemist dvds had no problem in the past and don't have any problems now, just the 4th volume...

+Quote Post
Ed_Elric_Fan
post Jul 27 2005, 04:04 PM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 6,935

Good DVD, especially love the little bloopers they do! And I finally get to see the Scar episodes, tho my brother didn't get why I was laughing when the Brigadier General died, heh.

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Jul 28 2005, 10:33 AM
Post #6

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

I went to Best Buy on the day it came out and it wasn't there! So I went to Suncoast, to just look around. I didn't expect to get it there, cuz usually DVD's there are about 30 bucks. >_<
But when I got to Suncoast, I saw vol. 4 there, for 19.99!! O_O So of course, I picked it up. And I just watched it today! It was great! I even liked the part when Scar kills Gran...it was like slow motion. Very bloody!
I never have any problems with any of my DVD's (FMA and others). It could very well be your player, Glam. Wish I could help you out better, though. sad.gif

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
adamclark
post Jul 28 2005, 10:51 AM
Post #7

Alchemists

yeah its wasn't at my local best buy either (i was not surprised though). I even went to target and no luck. finally i stooped down to going to walmart, and what do ya know? it was there!

this are some of volume has some of my favorite episodes. i was surprised to see grand killed when i first saw that episode, but i was glad. (in the manga he is dead before the reader ever sees him!).

my most favorite episodes, though are coming up in the next dvd, when ed and al are in laboratory 5. those are some of the most exciting scenes.

oh, and maybe glam you should exchanged you dvd AGAIN. it may sound ridiculous, but you might have had two bad dvds in a row.

--------------------

+Quote Post
musicgeek7
post Jul 28 2005, 11:18 AM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 18,185

QUOTE(Glam @ Jul 27 2005, 03:31 PM)
Does anybody else have problems playing their dvds?  Cause I got mine at suncoast, and episode  13 and 14 won't play for me it just stops, and I returned it and got another dvd and it still does the same thing for me. =.=;;
[snapback]229026[/snapback]

Mine did exactly the same thing but i bought mine at Walmart. I tried all the special features and they worked but none of the episodes would play. The disk looked like it had little lines on the back of it and it acted like it was covered in scratches when i tried to play it. I tried it on three different dvd players and it happened every time. I'm taking mine back today. Maybe buying online will ensure a better quality.

+Quote Post
Glam
post Jul 28 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #9

Apprentice

hm, I think all the ones at my local suncoast are bad =S i might just go to the other mall and try there tomorrow >.<

+Quote Post
Scars of love
post Jul 28 2005, 03:11 PM
Post #10

Citizen

Member No.: 16,792

LMAO Funi is ass raping fans by releasing defects. wait to go Funi you stupid assclowns! wow! testers should be fired for shit like this. I'm gettin mine tommorow from Best Buys. They wont be the best to buy from if the little asses don't have it there tommorow.

+Quote Post
adamclark
post Jul 29 2005, 12:43 PM
Post #11

Alchemists

well like i said before, my local best buy didn't have them the day of release, but probably do now. best is,though, the only place near me that has all the volumes in stock, for only 20 bucks. Movie stop has em, but for 30.

woa, scar, every dvd manufacturer will occasionally produce defects. it's not the company's fault, but the machinery. it is unfortunate, but you can return them as many times as it takes to get a good one.

i'm sorry for those who have to go through with it though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
deathscythe9595
post Jul 29 2005, 12:52 PM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 18,330

I bought the DVD the day it came out at my local FYE, episodes 13-16 are really good, I thought the music video for "Ready, Steady, Go" was interesting. Volume 5 comes out September 20th, can't wait, and apparently volume 6 is going to come out as second box set as well, wonder what it will come with.

+Quote Post
Ed_Elric_Fan
post Jul 29 2005, 07:22 PM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 6,935

Woah, thats wierd, every other time I play the Ready Steady Go music video, it starts to freeze, wierd. Anyway, I loved the little bloopers too, poor Ed.

+Quote Post
Scars of love
post Jul 29 2005, 09:09 PM
Post #14

Citizen

Member No.: 16,792

I finally got it. but i had to spend 30 bucks on it since the crappy best buy by me only had vol2 in stock which just makes them look stupid. Vol4 has alot more extras then the other 3 Vols. Probably because of the music video with the full Ready Steady Go and the full episode of Spiral which i couldn't get into. I finally got to see the full second ending too which is my favorite now. Too bad craptoon network won't show the full endings. we wouldn't had to wait so long for the dvd to see the full verison in the US. well. if you have downloads please PM them to me.

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Jul 29 2005, 10:54 PM
Post #15

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 6,124

Ahh! I hadn't even realized that it was out. I'll have to go buy it tomorrow, Best Buy better have it. dry.gif I can't wait to see Gran blow up. laugh.gif

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 01:46 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css