HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pity Party!, Who's the most pitiable? (Warning!! Major Spoiler!)
Who do you pity the most?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 265
Guests cannot vote 
Dark-Winds
post Jan 21 2011, 08:17 PM
Post #91

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,903

I've gotta say Havoc. Poor guy not being able to walk.

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KimbleeWorshippe...
post Jan 24 2011, 02:45 PM
Post #92

Citizen

Member No.: 75,852

I've also got to say Havoc. Poor guy only wanted a hot girlfriend. Instead, he gets paralyzed. Now that's hardly fair.

QUOTE (xUltimate_Shieldx @ Jan 18 2011, 07:16 PM) *
As for the other characters, even though I feel sad or a lot of other things for them, I don't know if "pity" would be the right word.

I totally agree with you. I feel like "pity" just isn't the right word for the others.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Feb 1 2011, 09:35 PM
Post #93

Apprentice

Member No.: 73,733

I don't pity Envy. It's kind of offensive to pity someone. I feel empathy for him. That's more of "Putting yourself in the same shoes." I do know how he feels, since I did go through a lot of the same feelings at points in my life. If anyone's read my posts in the Envy discussion topic, you'd understand.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElricAbuse
post Feb 26 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #94

Citizen

Member No.: 78,098

I voted Nina for many obvious reasons which I won't bother mentioning because someone else probably has already sad.gif

--------------------
Abusing the Elrics is punishable by law (not really, but it should be!)

If you have attempted alchemy by clapping your
hands, snapping, or drawing an array, copy and
paste this into your signature

+Quote Post
Luxuria-Cat
post Mar 10 2011, 06:38 PM
Post #95

Citizen

Member No.: 75,340

I see a lot of people saying how they don't think "pity" is the right word for this and I've got to agree, since pitying someone implies a sort of contempt and I don't really feel that way about anyone in FMA (since I either feel their struggles or genuine or I just don't feel bad for them.) However, there are a few characters I don't like but I have been in their shoes, so I understand them, but I can't really have much empathy.)

+Quote Post
Icefrosty
post Nov 12 2011, 06:03 AM
Post #96

Citizen

Member No.: 86,465

I think Manga Envy should be on this poll too. I emphasised with him like crazy, especially when he died [sorry, spoilers]. His self-loathing was so great, and short-comings so glaringly and painfully obvious, he denied it for all he was worth and turned his hatred on humanity [this part doesn't apply to me btw], whom, in his subconcious, represented everything he was not and would never have, and in the end it ended up destroying him. Very ironic, since envy is a self-destroying sin.

I felt so badly for Nina as well--reduced and demeaned as a 'sacrifice at the altar' for her twisted father's sick amibition of 'greatness' which he did not possess. And worse, she didn't seem aware of this fact at all, and cried at her father's death, and was doomed to die--no less at the hands of a man who was nearly as corrupt as her father at the time, even if he killed her in all good intention. .

Scar, I did not feel for at all at first. When I did, it was only pity at what he had become. He was, and kind of continued to be, the biggest hypocrite on the face of the earth--using the alchemy that destroyed his people to destroy state alchemists and anyone else. Alchemists who had not harmed either him or his countrymen (Ed and Al). He was even willing to kill innocent people to achieve his goals. Then the flashbacks of his past came around, and I pitied him. Kind of. He was still a murderer comsumed by revenge. And a hypocrite. I did pity him that he had to endure such unimaginable suffering--but that did not excuse any of his adominable actions, as with Envy.

Alphonse. Poor, poor Alphonse, never being able to express his true feelings--even to his own brother, concerning his existence in that metal body of his. No wonder he snapped. And what did he get for expressing his deepest feelings? A beat-up by Winry and yelling. Wow. How understanding. I know where Winry was coming from, but still. Nobody could truly understand Al's suffering, and he knew it. Nobody could identify with him. He was, in that sense, all alone. He was so desperate to be understood and appreciated that he trusted and befriended everyone--even the father whom he knew full well had left them all alone after their mother died, and having been around Ed and his felings of hatred for the man.

I felt for 1st Anime Wrath too. All he had was Izumi to love him, but when this was taken away, he had no one, and thus attached himself to Sloth. It was sheer desperation and loneliness on his part, and he did not know what to do with himself but mourn and beg for her revival after her death. Sloth never really cared for him either. He was just a tool for her mothering urges. And in the end, realising that his true mother, who genuinely cared for him, was Izumi...SHE died on him!! And he was left with nothing. He couldn't bear to live without her, and killed himself to be with her and make amends for his misdeeds. He could only be happy in death...T_T

Havoc--manipulated and robbed of his ability to physically help his comrades and country. That was awful. But not as pitiable as the above, in my opinion. The empaty, however, left me when Havoc began training to recover--mostly because this, to me. was a sign that he would indeed recover and be back for more. He became too important to be discarded from the plot, and thus was given the means to overcome his supposed irreversable handicap. And, lo and behold, HE DID. So much for the tragedy. .

There are just so many characters to pity and emphasise with in turns...

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 11:36 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css