HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Are They Going To/ Should They Produce Another F M A-1 Movie?, Sequel, Prequel, Midquel, Sidequel, or whole new FMA movie???
do you think they will produce some sequel to FMA the movie???
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 316
Guests cannot vote 
Automne
post Jan 22 2006, 05:50 AM
Post #91

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,171

They love the Rockbells. I'm sure of that. And that's true they certainly don't really think of them as a true family. They aren't and never will be. Ed and Al are everything for each other and grew up together through the hardest time of their lives. So, yes, I think Ed is enough for Al and vice versa.

They never needed the Rockbells to make the right choice and the movie only proved Winry don't need the brothers either. She'll also be fine.

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jan 22 2006, 06:12 AM
Post #92

Apprentice

Member No.: 17,621

Yes, I think they love the Rockbells, but from everything that I've seen of the brothers, it's just disappointing to me that while the Rockbells seem to think of them as fondly as if they were the real family - esp. with Winry who is constantly trying her best to show that affection/care, the brothers just don't return the same type of trust/affection. It's just sad but understandable in a realistic world.

They never needed the Rockbells to make the right choice and the movie only proved Winry don't need the brothers either. She'll also be fine.

Yep, I never said they needed her or she needed them, but the brothers "needs" each other it seems. It's not a matter of "needing" anyone, it's just a matter of wanting to be with them. After all, I see that Edward didn't exactly "need" Al for his very existence.

In the real world, it's very likely that the Rockbells would be no more than family-friend status to the brothers given the amount of time they spent together and the events that the brothers go through (which draws a wider gap between brothers and even the closest relations). But the portrayal of the Rockbells by both the FMA manga and anime, makes me think that if the brothers do not treat the Rockbells as their real family, then it's about as cold as running away from on their real biological family.

In the end, I'm not satisfied with the Movie ending.... (let's hope the manga does better smile.gif )

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

EdWin is canon! Thankyou Arakawa-sensei~~ ^ ^

Cloud & Tifa - The official FF7 couple.

+Quote Post
Automne
post Jan 22 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #93

^^^ Hum, and let's not forget Ed does not admit his feelings or lets himself care for others so easily. It's his personality but you certainly already know that.

(let's hope the manga does better smile.gif )

It'll certainly will for you! smile.gif (For me, I'll stick to the anime. I kind of lost faith in the manga. Just reading it by curiosity)

--------------------

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

+Quote Post
Lost Mercenary
post Jan 22 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #94

Citizen

Member No.: 26,480

Ed may not be the type to express his feelings but they do show quite often but very subtley. The same goes with Winry when it comes to Ed.

Man... all this unrequited love could leave you screaming at the screen. lol. If a sequel is done then the whole unrequited thing should be addressed more.

The love storys in COS were severly underused.

--------------------
IPB Image

"But we still believe that one cannot gain something without paying the price."

+Quote Post
Automne
post Jan 22 2006, 03:25 PM
Post #95

Love stories? Underused? FMA is not a shôjo. And I didn't see any true love between Ed and Winry. Of course, some would say 'But Winry hugged him and he blushed'...Duh! If that is love for you, I wonder what 'making out' stands for...

Oh, anyway, why is it always leading to EdXWinry or MustangXHawkeye? Like I already said, FMA is not a shôjo so them not admitting their love (If they feel love) to each other is not at all surprising. So, I think Bones did right on this.

--------------------

-NOT MINE

+Quote Post
Ed-Elric
post Jan 22 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #96

Apprentice

Member No.: 22,638

there might be if any one has seen the movie gthey will know that (spoiler) at the end ed and al are talking about a uraniume bomb and that if there was another movie it would be them looking for it they are in the world war 2

--------------------
" I am no genius, I just saw the truth "

+Quote Post
Lost Mercenary
post Jan 22 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #97

Citizen

Unless America got a hold of it then you know they'll succed.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
AliCat
post Jan 23 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #98

Apprentice

Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE(AlConstant217 @ Oct 17 2005, 02:33 PM) [snapback]300920[/snapback]

Ed:Throw another bomb at those Nazi bastards Al!
Al: Okay brother!

I haven't been around for a while but I just had to give an applause for that. It made me giggle laugh.gif

As much as I'd LIKE to see one (obsessed-OBSESSED I tell you) I doubt it will happen, at least in the foreseeable future. I would like to see Ed and Al ....

[spoiler]back home in Armestis. *shrug* I felt them being stuck here was a cheesy cop out. "Um...we have to have some dramatic ending....I KNOW! Lets leave them stranded in the other world!"[/spoiler]

But I'm not optimistic a sequel will ever happen.

And I know that the director has said it will never happen, but you can never trust a director, they change their minds all the time.

--------------------
user posted image
*murfles about the crappy screencaps and wonders how everyone else got such good ones...*

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jan 23 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #99

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

I guess they won't produce a sequel. I'd like to see one. They could continue their journeys and find a way back to Winry and the others. But, hey I'm American so I have the tendency to want to see happy endings. Anything is possible here! laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Lost Mercenary
post Jan 23 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #100

Citizen

Directors don't really have control on whether or not a sequel is done unless they pitch the idea. In the final analysis its down to the film board.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jan 23 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #101

Apprentice

Member No.: 17,621

QUOTE("Lost Mercenary")

Directors don't really have control on whether or not a sequel is done unless they pitch the idea. In the final analysis its down to the film board.

Unless the directors are the producers too ... in this case no. But hey, since FMA is not exactly like Gundam where heaps and heaps of model kits are sold by the minute, then a sequel is probably not likely even to make money. Plus it seems, BONES seems to value art more than money (unfortunate for some of us maybe.... ). sleep.gif I wish they can find a way to compromise between art and money.

QUOTE("SinLuxuria")

^^^ Hum, and let's not forget Ed does not admit his feelings or lets himself care for others so easily. It's his personality but you certainly already know that.

Yeah, but the thing is he's been like that for the whole anime and he never really developed in that area as a character. Of course, we're not going into realism since I don't think it's easy to change any person realistically, but I guess I'm just stuck with wanting anime characters to change for the better after some long arduous and life-changing experience - makes for better viewing pleasure smile.gif

It'll certainly will for you! (For me, I'll stick to the anime. I kind of lost faith in the manga. Just reading it by curiosity)

How come you lost faith in the manga? For me, it's sort of the opposite way with me losing faith in the anime. tongue.gif

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

EdWin is canon! Thankyou Arakawa-sensei~~ ^ ^

Cloud & Tifa - The official FF7 couple.

+Quote Post
Automne
post Jan 25 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #102

QUOTE(Keos)
How come you lost faith in the manga? For me, it's sort of the opposite way with me losing faith in the anime.

I don't like the way it goes on and changes. That's as simple as that. I just liked the beggining since it is kind of similar to the anime's. And there are characters in the anime who have got much more charisma than the manga's where Arakawa always tries to bring them down and to make us hate/dislike them IMO. And I think she keeps involving clichés that could have been easily avoided. And I doubt Arakawa's self esteem is good for the future of the manga but I maybe wrong...

--------------------

-NOT MINE

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 25 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #103

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 250

You guys are still whining about Bones and the movie.

rolleyes.gif

The anime story has ended guys. Deal with it.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Feb 14 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #104

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,040

QUOTE(AliCat @ Jan 23 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]341822[/snapback]

QUOTE(AlConstant217 @ Oct 17 2005, 02:33 PM) [snapback]300920[/snapback]

Ed:Throw another bomb at those Nazi bastards Al!
Al: Okay brother!

I haven't been around for a while but I just had to give an applause for that. It made me giggle laugh.gif

As much as I'd LIKE to see one (obsessed-OBSESSED I tell you) I doubt it will happen, at least in the foreseeable future. I would like to see Ed and Al ....

[spoiler]back home in Armestis. *shrug* I felt them being stuck here was a cheesy cop out. "Um...we have to have some dramatic ending....I KNOW! Lets leave them stranded in the other world!"[/spoiler]

But I'm not optimistic a sequel will ever happen.

And I know that the director has said it will never happen, but you can never trust a director, they change their minds all the time.

The director never said it would NEVER happen. He said there was the possibility of a sequel because the manga was still going (whatever that means) but that HE would not be involved in it. Look here:

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/fullmetal/i...transcript.html

See? Never say never! smile.gif

Also, if you think about it from a purely economical standpoint it makes sense for them to make another sequel. FMA has been over in Japan for several years and it's still HUGELY popular all over the place. If another movie were made it's guaranteed to make a lot of money and also to make even more money in DVD sales and merchandise sales. I don't know that anyone is going to want to let that money get away. It'd be different if the series were no longer popular or if it was getting overused (like Inuyasha which FAR outlived its prime and the people making it just couldn't let it go). FMA is still "fresh" and it doesn't make sense that that wouldn't be capitalized on. Now I agree that it is POSSIBLE that they'll just let it go but if you think about it it's like having a gold mine that once you get half the gold out you just say, "well, guess that's enough, we'll just leave the rest of the gold there now." Again, possible, but I don't forsee them leaving the rest of the FMA "gold" untouched. Mercenary viewpoint yes but ya know it's valid. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Winkle
post Feb 15 2006, 11:33 AM
Post #105

Apprentice

Member No.: 27,948

I said no. Despite the fact that the ending to the movie was one of the worst I've seen for any show, anime, movie or whatever I say no.

Why? Because Bones has been destroying FMA since episode 27 of the anime, and they ran it further into the ground with the film. If the trend continues, then any future FMA movies will just be as bad if not worst. So no, absolutely not. If it's another studio, then sure, but not Bones, I hate them and I hope they never touch the FMA license again... after the OVAs.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 05:17 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css