HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Are They Going To/ Should They Produce Another F M A-1 Movie?, Sequel, Prequel, Midquel, Sidequel, or whole new FMA movie???
do you think they will produce some sequel to FMA the movie???
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 316
Guests cannot vote 
revl89
post Jan 4 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #76

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,900

Intrestingly enough look at what I found. o.o
http://www.livejournal.com/community/fm_al...329.html#cutid1
I know people keep saying there won't be a new FMA anime after the movie but I just found this. OAV's are somewhat comfrimed.
If anyone can translate this it'd be lovely.
Eh it's a bit off topic but I'd just like to share it with you all.

--------------------
Edo-kun got a makeover.
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Jan 4 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #77

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

Huh? That was posted in the Hawkeye thread. Isn't that the game?? If it is the OVA, COOLZ!

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 10 2006, 12:50 PM
Post #78

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 250

That OAV they are releasing is obviously not a sequel. Its just a comedy thing they are doing and it also obviously doesn't take place after the movie. So its not a sequel at all.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Dusha
post Jan 12 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #79

Citizen

Member No.: 21,089

I have to say, I disagree with the idea that all of the loose ends have been 'tied up' in a nice little bow. So far as I'm concerned Al (bless his little heart) is still a failure when it comes down to getting his brother's limbs back. 15 minutes that he did not witness do not count in my book (and I don't think they would in Al's either). Ed seems to have come through on his promise from the series, but Al has not.

I also can't figure out why the writers would even introduce the Uranium bomb unless something would come of it. Taking out all mention of it from the movie does not detract from it at all. The question begs to be asked: why put it there in the first place? Ed's vow to track it down makes me suspicious as well. Since FMA is dilligent about historical accuracy (so much as they can be) I can't imagine them introducing such a large historical abberation without taking care of it.

Someone also made the argument that the gates were closed forever, thus there wouldn't be much alchemy or Amestris floating around at all. Again, I have to disagree. Ed, Al, and Mustang destroyed what I considered a 'man-made' gate constructed by Eckhart (on one side) and Al (on the other). The original gate (through which the crazy U-bomb guy went and to which Ed and Al lost their bodies) still exists. I don't believe that any human would have the power to close it forever. What makes people believe that Ed, Al, Mustang, or whoever has the power to do such a thing? What evidence do they have? The Gate, to me, appeared to be something fundamental in the construction of the universe(s). Getting rid of it is not a task I believe puny alchemists can accomplish.

Whether or not a sequel or whatnot SHOULD be made is still open to debate. Is there a logical opening (and a good reason) for creating such a movie--I say yes.

+Quote Post
Luna Alchemist
post Jan 12 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #80

Citizen

Member No.: 28,622

QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Jan 4 2006, 10:29 AM) [snapback]336837[/snapback]

A prequel about Dante and Hoenheim's past or about the homunculi's human lives, how and by who they were created (for some), etc, would be awesome...

I'm guessing you haven't seen 'Fullmetal Alchemist: Relfections', within that it's explained about the Homunculus' lives, not alot about Envy but he is briefly mentioned. So really the homunculus have been covered. And i think that really we know as much about Dante and Hoenheim as we need to, everything about them has been told, even if you need to look into it alittle more.

--------------------
IPB Image
You can lead fools to wisdom but you cannot make them think.
The one who will watch over and protect us...just like a shadow
We were born original. Dont' die a copy!
It takes both sunshine and rain to make a rainbow.

+Quote Post
Roi Moustang
post Jan 19 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #81

Citizen

Member No.: 28,532

As cool as it would be to think that more FMA is upcoming in the future, a sequel would just be not only pointless but also dumb... What is the sequal going to be about?

[spoiler] Ed and Al living in the our world? [/spoiler]

Come on now if you actually think another movie could do ne good? The only think it would do is give people hope, while ending up disappointing all the FMA faithful!!!

[spoiler] But it would have been cool in the first movie if the our world Alphonse didnt die, because then there would be 2 Al's!!! That would have been pretty funny [/spoiler]

But on the other hand i do agree with some of the things dusha said... It could happen, who knows!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jan 19 2006, 11:25 PM
Post #82

Apprentice

Member No.: 17,621

I agree with Dusha's comments with the introduction of the whole Uranium thing etc - but probably the producers just wanted to make an open road for them if they ever want to change their mind about doing a sequel. However, if BONES is anything like Square-Enix (well, it's backed by them, isn't it?), they would change their mind about what they say every 3 seconds and we would have a FMA sequel coming out Spring this year smile.gif

I do note that because the actual "gate" wasn't destroyed, it's for Ed/Al or some other person to once again open the way to "Shambala". I am probably one of the only people around who don't care much about a prequel - what I liked most about FMA were the characters, namely Ed/Al/Win (and of course, Roy & crew as teh support). Without them, the show just isn't FMA (literally).

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

EdWin is canon! Thankyou Arakawa-sensei~~ ^ ^

Cloud & Tifa - The official FF7 couple.

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Jan 19 2006, 11:54 PM
Post #83

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

I think a sequal could work. It didn't end in such a way that it's totally over. I actually want a sequal....but it better be good...if not better than this movie...happy.gif

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
harmony_kh_kairi
post Jan 20 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #84

Citizen

From: Why do you want to know? *cough* West Coast of *cough* Florida *cough*
Member No.: 11,459

For me its not a matter of ther being an opening or not (though of course I agree completely with the whole Uranium bomb thing that Dusha explained) I just want them to make a sequel so they can fix all the shit they messed up in this one. God the movie sucked! All the character were about as OOC as you can get, they dropped all manner of pairings (Winry a sisterly figure only, no Royai to be seen!), the plot really just flatlined altogether and there was so much crap that wasn't even necessary that you can't even sort out if they managed or even tried to sort out the questions they left open at the end of the series. Just terrible BONES needs to at least attempt to fix thier mistakes with this movie with something (anything) else. I mean its the least they can do and what have they got to loose? Nothing because in my opinion they've hit rock bottom but do you think anyone really cares and will stop being a fan because of it? No way! So BONES will still make money off it and fans like us can finally be satisfied at least a little bit.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first and the lesson after"
Please read my fic Someone Like You What happens when someone who isn't you looks just like you?

+Quote Post
NeoKakashi
post Jan 20 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #85

Apprentice

Member No.: 4,239

Perhaps if there were a sequal, they could discover a way to do alchemy in our world (though not with transmutation circles and clapping, since that requires energy from the Gate). Maybe they could use more realistic alchemy?

+Quote Post
harmony_kh_kairi
post Jan 20 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #86

Citizen

From: Why do you want to know? *cough* West Coast of *cough* Florida *cough*
Member No.: 11,459

Yeah but if the remain historically acurate like they have tried to be then that would one fail and two couldn't really happen since alchemy in our world was proved useless back in the medieval ages before the Reneissance. So history would throw that idea out the door if they remained true.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first and the lesson after"
Please read my fic Someone Like You What happens when someone who isn't you looks just like you?

+Quote Post
Lost Mercenary
post Jan 21 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #87

Citizen

Member No.: 26,480

QUOTE(harmony_kh_kairi @ Jan 20 2006, 11:45 PM) [snapback]340702[/snapback]

Yeah but if the remain historically acurate like they have tried to be then that would one fail and two couldn't really happen since alchemy in our world was proved useless back in the medieval ages before the Reneissance. So history would throw that idea out the door if they remained true.

It could be said that Alchemy does exist in our world but to a far smaller degree.With all the stuff they do in labs nowadays (recombining molecules, etc) its probably close to Alchemy's equivilant.

[spoiler] A sequel I do want to see. I wasn't satisfied with ending. I don't want Al and Ed to be stuck here in our world. I'd rather find a way back to theirs and reunite with everyone. Winry would no doubt jump on Ed and Al would have a massive cold sweat on his forehead. lol.

A sequel could be done. Think about it. We never actually saw Mustang destroy the gate on their side did we. Who knows maybe he left it in order for the two brothers to return one day. [/spoiler]

--------------------
IPB Image

"But we still believe that one cannot gain something without paying the price."

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jan 21 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #88

Apprentice

Agreed - the show was rather opened-ended in that we were only told what Ed/Al assumed the colonel was doing (ie. destroying the gates). I also have agree with some of what Harmony said about characterisation in the movie - Roy's character is completely off the charts in expectancy and just realism. One moment he seems to be all looking forward to the future, being fed apples by Riza, and the next moment, he's demoted to Corporal and lamenting his past (which we were never given a sign of seeing in the series). Fluctuation was too drastic.

I definitely want a sequel, but a good one which will have Ed/Al back where they belong with the understanding that they have more than just each other (ie. Rockbells) and that they will seek to reunite as strongly as they sought to reunite themselves before.

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

+Quote Post
Automne
post Jan 22 2006, 03:29 AM
Post #89

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 13,171

QUOTE(Keos Posted Yesterday @ 09:24 PM)
I definitely want a sequel, but a good one which will have Ed/Al back where they belong with the understanding that they have more than just each other (ie. Rockbells)

...Which they already understood. And if they only need each other, then why would they come back? Al wouldn't have followed his brother and would have stayed with the Rockbells and Ed wouldn't have returned in our world. It did not happen, huh? Then, a sequel with that happening would only lead to OOCness but this time for Ed and Al and Bones would really create some crap called a sequel to what some consider as crap (I'm not concerned).

And it's pretty obvious that Bones doesn't care about EdWin (Nor Win for that matter) so why would they all of a sudden? I ask.

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jan 22 2006, 04:57 AM
Post #90

Apprentice

...Which they already understood.

You mean that they acknowledge but don't really feel.

And if they only need each other, then why would they come back? Al wouldn't have followed his brother and would have stayed with the Rockbells and Ed wouldn't have returned in our world.

You're just affirming my beliefs that they don't think they need the Rockbells or think as strongly of the Rockbells as a family unit.

It did not happen, huh? Then, a sequel with that happening would only lead to OOCness but this time for Ed and Al and Bones would really create some crap called a sequel to what some consider as crap (I'm not concerned).

I guess from your perspective, BONEs aren't good enough to come up with a plausible narrative where the brothers returning to their world makes sense. Well, it's not like I think they would output an actual sequel anyway, but rather I would want one where the results would be good.

And it's pretty obvious that Bones doesn't care about EdWin (Nor Win for that matter) so why would they all of a sudden?

I blame BONE's lack of character development in that where Winry is good material gone to waste.

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 03:38 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css