HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Are They Going To/ Should They Produce Another F M A-1 Movie?, Sequel, Prequel, Midquel, Sidequel, or whole new FMA movie???
do you think they will produce some sequel to FMA the movie???
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 316
Guests cannot vote 
Kenji
post Mar 19 2007, 06:22 AM
Post #271

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,341

QUOTE(Ratzenheich FMA Super fan @ Mar 19 2007, 08:33 PM) [snapback]519480[/snapback]
Yes, there is are still plots left open. BUT. THERE'S A BIG BUT. There's a missing point. Edward Elric is NOT the Fullmetal Alchemist anymore. Fullmetal Alchemist cannot be Fullmetal Alchemist without Edward Elric using alchemy.

No alchemy by our beloved Ed...but maybe more detailed information[s] about the door? The Door is also another important element in the series/movie...not only transmutations done by Ed... laugh.gif

and GOOD LUCK!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
silentstarinside
post May 6 2007, 03:09 AM
Post #272

Citizen

Member No.: 46,519

hmmm...hate to be wrong but ive read sevaral soources stating that they might make a sequel to fma but if so it was gonna be done by another dircter....but i also read an interview with the fma director(a very current interview) that if anyone made more it would be him so that way he could do it justice...and yeah they could go of the movie we all just need to open our minds...like what if alchemy starts appering in the new world? there has to be some sort of homuncli that was seald away as some sort of evil god

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post May 6 2007, 03:42 AM
Post #273

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 38,435

There are so many loose ends left dangling around after the movie...it's just so tempting to tie them all up either all at once, or one by one. But then again, that's probably also the point - leaving everything to guesswork, theories and even conspiracies by undying fans.

And about the Gate thing...in a fanfic of mine, I put there that Roy Mustang really did try to destroy the Gate, and on the other side, Ed and Al do the same thing, like what Dietlinde Eckart did to summon a portal to Amestris/Shamballa. They do it simultaneously, everything backfires, and Ed and Al are thrown back into Amestris, memories wiped of any experience in our world, and Roy and the Elrics all have their memories modified so they don't remember ever trying to destroy the Gate.

I know, I know, there are a lot of loose ends there too, but yeah. ^^;

Anyhow, I'm rather torn here. Part of me wants another FMA movie, or at least, an OVA. But wouldn't they milk the situation for all its worth...too much? After all, there is such thing as too much of a good thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Plasmajosh
post Jul 31 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #274

Citizen

Member No.: 48,498

MILD SPOILERS THROUGHOUT

Not that i know of and i don't think that they should, they have pretty much cleared up everything that needed to be. I guess that if they did they would make it so that ED and AL can end-up back in their world with all their friends, but for now it seems to have done a job(not particullary a good one) of tieing up all the loose ends.

I have a bit of a conflict of interests going on - i don't want to have the series end(at least not like this) and yet i don't want it to become one of the studios corporate cash cows where they string another group of non-sensical series together in an attempt to maximise profit.

I don't think that they should because of what it would do to what they created in the first 51 episodes(+ movie). if you have seen it you can understand what i mean when i say that they couldn't make it without some really stupid - "insert plot device here" moment. I just don't think that they can create the same feeling of the show without replicating it exactly, meaning they just do the same thing but with grown up characters, but then the actions in the first series would be pointless and lose it's meaning.

All laws of Equivalent Exchange will have to be nullified, the state military will have to repeat its actions and some Religious believer will have to take matters into his/her own hands. The only thing that they can do is add a few episodes that allow the brothers Elric to be together in Amestris with all the others seen throughout the series.

Sure part of me wants the stories of these characters to continue being told, but the other part wants it to be left alone as not to destroy what has been created.

P.S. sorry about the double post, this was posted somewhere else but they moved it here.

This Post was moved here from another topic, so i cut and paste on the one above. Sorry

<No problem. Merged the post. ^^ 09/12/07 ~Tombow>

--------------------

+Quote Post
adriel
post Aug 18 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #275

Citizen

Member No.: 49,694

hm how about this for another movie : the gate is only one of the gates, and anyone who has seen a gate and lives are given different extraordinary abilities (like transmutation w/o circles) on every world, allowing them to travel to worlds other than ametris and earth. They just have to figure out how to utilize it. Then something went wrong with the gate connecting ed's world and earth because of the excessive use from the movie, like it began merging the two worlds, causing disruptions in the natural laws in science. Both parties now has to come up with how to keep gate from merging the worlds. Well, eventually i'd like to see them come back home with winry. Hehe sori if its a noob idea.

Besides i think its unfair for Ed's world to have the ability to travel through the gate while the other side can't. Hohenheim said that earth merely took on a different course, and i think since they are parallel worlds, they should be "equal". If ed can transmute without circles, can't he be given a special ability on earth, like manipulate laws of physics while staying within the natural laws? or like the one from Sky High movie (disney boy, ehehe), the girl who can manipulate technology with ease.

+Quote Post
Symphony
post Sep 12 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #276

Citizen

Member No.: 47,974

a sequel would be cool. i've been wondering how the hell ed and al closed the gate without alchemy.

+Quote Post
natsu-hime
post Sep 13 2007, 11:03 PM
Post #277

Apprentice

Member No.: 49,217

i don't think it'll be necessary, alhtough i really really want a sequel but yeah, the elric brothers had resolved their problems whatsoever, but how about our poor old mustang? i think Flame Alchemist The Movie will be a good idea LOL he still needs to resolve his own romance story with riza (no offence to all non-roiai lovers) and i'm still curious whether if he did destroy the gate or not and i wanna see an alter roy and riza too biggrin.gif but yeah i know roy isn't the main character but hey, he is the 2nd most popular character so a movie for him is okay, right?

+Quote Post
GREEDisGOOD
post Sep 14 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #278

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,729

No, No, No, No, No, No, No, NO!

Do you know why serieses, or even movies for that matter, are ruined. It's when companies are greedy enough over the success of the first movie that they just have to make another sequel. This is how good stories are ruined. Fullmetal Alchemist ended perfectly. To start the story up again would completely destroy it.

+Quote Post
Tidusu
post Sep 14 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #279

Citizen

Member No.: 50,958

For the most part, they should just leave it alone. It's a great serie and a very good movie ending. It does look like they can pick it right up and write it about that world, which is more of "our" world. But that's too much and there won't be alchemy. I think that's part of the good thing that's in the storyline.

--------------------
I'm scared of people. *hides*

+Quote Post
Guest_TheMetalAlchemist_*
post Sep 17 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #280

Guests

I hope they are after the movie i'll take anything,why couldn't they go the naruto route have a part 2.

+Quote Post
Cataline
post Sep 21 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #281

Citizen

Member No.: 50,528

Personally, I thought the overall movie was so-so, but I agree it did tie up the series well.

But I REALLY want a sequel.

I think the only was they could possibly do a sequel is if they introduced a new character (possibly someone Ed falls in love with? ooo that DRAMA!) Who convinces them that the only way to stop the war in the real world was to return to Amestris. So, Ed and Al return to Amestris (somehow. OOO HUMAN SACRIFICE WITH ED'S NEW LOVE???!!!)
When they get there they realize that a horrible war has also begun in Amestris (caused by the Homunculi again??? which would mean Dante escaped Gluttony. even better, SHE became a homunculus) Anyway, they learn (perhaps through Dante) that if the real world is destroyed, Amestris will be destroyed with it (because of the gate and the special energy link between the worlds. OR since the gate was so often used in the last movie, the link between the two worlds becomes wider, merging them and making them more vulnerable to dual destruction)
So they adventure begins again as Ed and Al try to track down the Evil-doers to stop the world-shattering war. (perhaps Ed meets up again with his real-world love? OOO she's half Homunculus and the other Homunculi are trying to convert her! then in the end during the HUGE battle with Dante and the other Homunculi, Ed's love sacrifices herself to kill Dante. When Ed visits her grave later, he finds a piece of the philosopher's stone which she left for him which he destroys afterward because he realizes he no longer needs it. Then he realizes he loves Winry and everything is all happy again. O ya, and the worlds don't end.)

there's my idea. crazy right? either way, another movie wouldn't really introduce anything we don't all ready know. the story would just repeat itself. (see my above idea for another movie)

anyway, LOVE fma, too bad it ended so soon...

+Quote Post
Innocent-malice
post Sep 22 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #282

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,225

QUOTE(Tidusu @ Sep 14 2007, 10:42 AM) *
For the most part, they should just leave it alone. It's a great serie and a very good movie ending. It does look like they can pick it right up and write it about that world, which is more of "our" world. But that's too much and there won't be alchemy. I think that's part of the good thing that's in the storyline.

I have to agree with you there, If they where to continue it chances are the story would just begin to go in circles. Besides that, without being able to use alchemy the sequel would kind of kill the name. The only way I would be interested in a sequel is if they go off another characters story(Flame Alchemist laugh.gif ).

--------------------
Gone. if you should want to contact me Ill be at My deviantart

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Sep 23 2007, 10:47 AM
Post #283

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

Personally, I don't think they will make another. I would love to see loose ends tied up, and they did leave it a bit open ended, but I don't think they can squeeze much more out of it without killing it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
natsu-hime
post Sep 24 2007, 05:00 AM
Post #284

Apprentice

Member No.: 49,217

all i could think of a FMA sequel without killing it probably life in amestris after ed and al is gone, how's roy's subordinates doing, etc...or some slight stuffs about ed and al's life in our earth until their death...something like that probably?

a little bit offtopic: anybody heard about this stupid gossip that spread in early this year about FMA's gonna make another sequel in 08? yeah i think it's someone who messed up with the jyushin enbu plan news or some spoiled brat trying to be popular by spreading a hoax...heard that they even use US voice actors' names to spread that. like "vic's the one who said it in one of his cons!" or "colleen's the one who said it in this magazine interview!" hey, if there IS another sequel, the mass media of manga/anime'll be having a quite shock and news and second-by-second updates, right? this is FMA that we're talking about!

+Quote Post
EdluvsWinry4ever
post Sep 24 2007, 06:44 AM
Post #285

Citizen

From: Sorry, not here right now, out on a date with Edward Elric, (lol jk)
Member No.: 51,460

Yes, I really think there should be a sequel, but you guys, there already is a season two, episodes 26-51. But how the movie ends, there HAS to be another, cause it ended so...oddly. But I do not think there will be another, because if you would get the DVD Conqueror of Shambala, and watch the special features, you will see, that there is not going to be another. They show them saying that it was the last one, and that they were sad, and they were packing up there art and everything, (well not EVERYTHING) and he turned the lights off and walked out. ohmy.gif Well, there is this website, I'm not sure about it, but I checked it out and I couldnt find out how to watch it, but check it out->> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fullmetal_Alc...ror_of_Shambala

I really am a big fan of Fullmetal Alchemist, but it's sad thinking that they won't make a sequel. sad.gif

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 05:13 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css