HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Those Who Have Seen The Movie, Rate It!, Might as well...
If you have seen it, how do you rate the FMA movie?
If you have seen it, how do you rate the FMA movie?
Good [ 124 ] ** [47.69%]
OK [ 74 ] ** [28.46%]
Bad :( [ 44 ] ** [16.92%]
Confusing, just like the TV ending! [ 18 ] ** [6.92%]
Total Votes: 319

Sapphire Alchemi...
post Dec 29 2005, 12:21 PM
Post #61

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,262

Hi, new to the FMA forums and posting for the first time, please forgive me for any of my poor grammar and comments that may affend some people. After I finished watching the FMA subs (I can't stand the Thais crappy translations of the series ><) i straight away downloaded the movie. The movie left me EXTREMELY disappointed. Sure, I'm a FMA freak and I loved the 51 anime series, but the movie got my love for FMA down in the dumps. Like what other posters said, there are too many unanswered questions. The Gluttony being a freakish monster thing I quess was the result for eating Dante. But what I don't get is the alchemy is our world part? Why did Mustang get demoted? How the Nazi know about the FMA world? Who was that villain?

Besides from the unanswered questions the ending was terrible to me. So Ed and Al are stuck in our world forever? And Winry is left alone is the Hargaren world with only childhood pictures left? The feeling of hopelessness of the characters left a bad taste on my tongue. The anime series left me with a good feeling, peace to restored to Ametris, everybody having their own place, and the sense of hope for all characters. Ed is stuck in our world and is finding a way to return to his world while Al is doing the same thing. So that gave me a feeling of gladdness that the characters will be reunited someday (and Ed and winry will be together yay!) But the movie!? Ed and Al stuck in our world? No alchemy? And the that Winry is left alone in the dark? I feel so bad for her... And the worse part that knowing its the true ending? No hope of the brothers returning to the Hargaren world? And Winry is separated from Ed FOREVER?

I gave the movie a 5/10.....the movie has too many unanswered questions and very unhappy ending for me. The action scenes are great, but it lacks the magic thats in the anime series....well thats my opinion.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nega FMA
post Dec 29 2005, 12:21 PM
Post #62

Citizen

Member No.: 27,380

It would be interesting if they continued it in a series and it turns out that Alter-Hughes is Hitlers right hand man.

--------------------
Ed Vs. Envy-breakdancing goodness!!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ed-o Elrich
post Dec 29 2005, 02:30 PM
Post #63

Citizen

Member No.: 22,774

I thought it was ok...I mean it was good because it was FMA, but at the same time some of it didn't seem to make much sense

[spoiler]For instance, when the Armors attack Lior: first of all, they said that they were probably 'already dead' from passing through the gate...then how the hell could they be attacking the city then?

How did Eckhart become so insanely powerful? Why were those transmutation circles all of a sudden engraned in her hands?

How was Winry able to connect Ed's automail in 20 minutes or maybe even less when we you have to do the surgery and connect it to each nerve--something that would take time, and is extremely painful--but Winry only has the automail and a screwdriver + some screws to do it?

Also, why was there an Al armor in our world? Granted, I know they are parallel universes but by that same token that seems too much to just be a coincidence...did it travel through the gate after Al transmutated Ed? I understand they wanted to use it for the initial Ed/Al reunion, but still..also how did the Uranium bomb get into our world? Did that man not die from passing through the gate?

I don't know, anyone else feel this way when watching the movie? Overall I liked it, but there were some things that I couldn't just overlook.

The initial Ed/Al reunion scene was the best in the movie...it was so well done...just wow. The movie was too rushed though and we barely got to see Winry, Mustang, and other characters. [/spoiler]

I loved the series, and I like the movie, but at the same time some of this stuff is hard to overlook...

I just wish they would have maybe made it into 2 four-episode OVA's or something like that, so then they could have the time and be able to work with the character developement to end it the right way. I mean follow the same basic story, but tell it differently...if that makes sense.

+Quote Post
Automne
post Dec 29 2005, 03:01 PM
Post #64

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 13,171

I can't answer you because I didn't see the movie but you should have asked this in the numerous movie threads already existing.

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Taskinst
post Dec 30 2005, 03:14 PM
Post #65

Alchemists

Member No.: 28,427

I SO argee with u they rushed through that movie to fast. They should taking things a little slower. When my friend had given me the movie to look at i was so exited, i could'nt wait to see it.
When it ended all i could say was "Your kidding right, that's it". I watched it over and over but it still didn't make sense. Am glad there's at least one person who thinks it didn't make sense

I went to biggrin.gif .................... to dry.gif in 98min and 78seconds

--------------------

+Quote Post
sumflip
post Dec 30 2005, 06:51 PM
Post #66

Citizen

Member No.: 6,633

I feel the same way. It seems that they rushed through the movie without explaining much. I think that it would have been a lot better if they set it up in some OVA type. Having it split up into maybe like 10 30 min episodes. I only liked the movie because it had to do with FMA, but didn't really even feel like it belonged in the FMA genre. Watching the series again after seeing the movie makes me feel that the movie is way different, and even seems that it was created out of the blue.

--------------------
user posted image
Life is but a dream...

+Quote Post
Ed-o Elrich
post Dec 30 2005, 08:59 PM
Post #67

Citizen

Member No.: 22,774

I would also like to say though that I did enjoy the movie....if they would offer an explanation to at least SOME of the things I mentioned, I would be satisfied. I mean, I don't think that I can say that these things are really 'plot holes'; we simply lack an explanation for what's going on....if that makes any sense.

I did feel like there was a lot of emotion in the movie, and I teared up a few times...it was still solid.

My favorite aspect of the movie though, IMO, was definately the musical score. It was simply amazing. One of the greatest scores I have heard, and I am a real music-score buff/nut...

QUOTE(sumflip @ Dec 30 2005, 08:36 PM) [snapback]335314[/snapback]

I feel the same way. It seems that they rushed through the movie without explaining much. I think that it would have been a lot better if they set it up in some OVA type. Having it split up into maybe like 10 30 min episodes. I only liked the movie because it had to do with FMA, but didn't really even feel like it belonged in the FMA genre. Watching the series again after seeing the movie makes me feel that the movie is way different, and even seems that it was created out of the blue.

Yeah I agree. I mean I understand that it would feel 'different' than the series, so that's not really my problem....but they rushed it and lacked to explain pretty much anything. Somethings we can deduct for ourselves, like when [spoiler]Al transmutates apart of his soul into the armors[/spoiler]; other things you simply cannot deduct.

I think another reason it may feel so radically different than the series is simply the fact that it is a feature film. Films don't leave much space for character developement and you can't have too much exposition because then it would get 'boring' (not by me, but by many casual movie goers); I myself actually prefer Television as a medium for telling stories because it is more like a novel and it leaves so much more room for plot developement and character developement; the FMA movie simply didn't have that luxury like the series did.

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Dec 30 2005, 10:08 PM
Post #68

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

For instance, when the Armors attack Lior: first of all, they said that they were probably 'already dead' from passing through the gate...then how the hell could they be attacking the city then?

The little black baby-looking things inside the gate took over the armors and is controlling them

How did Eckhart become so insanely powerful? Why were those transmutation circles all of a sudden engraned in her hands?

Because she went through the gate and she can now use alchemy since she is in Ed's world

How was Winry able to connect Ed's automail in 20 minutes or maybe even less when we you have to do the surgery and connect it to each nerve--something that would take time, and is extremely painful--but Winry only has the automail and a screwdriver + some screws to do it?

You only have to do the automail surgery when first getting an automail. The purpose of surgery is only to attach this thingy.

(if you are a fan, you should at least know this) And if you watch the episode 16, you can see that attaching automail can take less then a second. All it needs is just one twist with a driver and then attacing the cover to the automail. This would take about 20 min.

Also, why was there an Al armor in our world? Granted, I know they are parallel universes but by that same token that seems too much to just be a coincidence...did it travel through the gate after Al transmutated Ed? I understand they wanted to use it for the initial Ed/Al reunion, but still..also how did the Uranium bomb get into our world? Did that man not die from passing through the gate?

For the armor one, blame it on BONES. When the man went into the gate, he was holding the uranium bomb. The man died, but the bomb crossed the gate to 'our' world.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  dvd01_04_1_.jpg ( 60.85K ) Number of downloads: 67

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
Guest_Envious..._*
post Dec 31 2005, 01:12 AM
Post #69

Guests

As for Gluttony's mutation, here's my best explanation (TV spoilers, duh)

Remember at the end of the eps, Dante removed Gluttony's mind and left nothing but the sin he represents, i.e. pure gluttony? Well we all know he lived on in that state. With his already limited mind no longer there to provide limitations, the body used the incredible regenerative powers of all the PS inside him and formed a creature that best represents his sin...

Hmm I wonder, who will win in a fight? Mega-Gluttony (movie) vs. True Envy (manga) vs. Dragon Envy (movie)...

+Quote Post
jaeyn
post Dec 31 2005, 07:39 PM
Post #70

Citizen

Member No.: 27,509

I just watched the movie, and I liked it, but it really wasn't what I was expecting. The only thing that really irked me was Ed's willingness to just leave Al behind at the end, after being separated for so long. I kinda wanted a more emotional reunion for them...ah, well. They were together in the end, so I guess that's what matters.

+Quote Post
revl89
post Jan 6 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #71

Citizen

Member No.: 5,900

QUOTE(jaeyn @ Dec 31 2005, 07:24 PM) [snapback]335722[/snapback]

I just watched the movie, and I liked it, but it really wasn't what I was expecting. The only thing that really irked me was Ed's willingness to just leave Al behind at the end, after being separated for so long. I kinda wanted a more emotional reunion for them...ah, well. They were together in the end, so I guess that's what matters.

It was probably because Ed felt guilty that he opened the gate to the two worlds and cause alot of chaos. I think he felt that even though he wanted to stay he needed to destroy the gate on the other side. o.o

--------------------
Edo-kun got a makeover.
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Automne
post Jan 7 2006, 07:19 AM
Post #72

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 13,171

QUOTE(Envious... Posted Dec 31 2005 @ 12:57 AM)
As for Gluttony's mutation, here's my best explanation (TV spoilers, duh)

Remember at the end of the eps, Dante removed Gluttony's mind and left nothing but the sin he represents, i.e. pure gluttony? Well we all know he lived on in that state. With his already limited mind no longer there to provide limitations, the body used the incredible regenerative powers of all the PS inside him and formed a creature that best represents his sin...

Actually...

[spoiler]Gluttony's mutation is due to the mix of the philosopher's stone and Dante's rotting body. It has been stated in the Scenario Book(And so, yes, Dante is dead...)[/spoiler]

QUOTE(Envious... Posted Dec 31 2005 @ 12:57 AM)
Hmm I wonder, who will win in a fight? Mega-Gluttony (movie) vs. True Envy (manga) vs. Dragon Envy (movie)...

Dragon!Envy would so pwn them all! XD

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Dumpling
post Jan 8 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #73

Citizen

Member No.: 25,915

*SIGH* i just finnished watching the movie.
LOVED IT!

hehe ok, i might be overstating just a bit. but ah, the movie was soo bittersweet.
Gives off a nostalgic feeling. Ed&AL, Huges, Roy, Mustang, ENVY....Winry. etc. etc. etc.
the original characters and the alternate characters. it's just sooo good to see them all.
the action is still there, short-jokes about Ed never fails to crack me up--humor, wit, compassion, hate, anger,
ah.. the whole shabang is there.
I"m happy that FMA is 'wrapped' up. AT LEAST the movie continued from where the anime left off,
though i must admit, I'd love to see a "happily-ever-after" ending more.

I knew before watching that Edwin's scenes were sparse, so i wasn't putting too much expecation on it.
so when i DID see their lil part together, ahhhh..........i've never felt more touched.
Winry's eyes were glistening even when she hugged Ed and at the same time admonished him
on being away. and Ed? the foollish cutie-pie blushed! hahaha. it was such a touching and sweet
moment. not so cheesy and mushy---just perfect for characters as Ed and Winry.
I was pleased (albeit the reunion was short lived lol). wat makes me even more happy was that
while Ed slept, he calls out Winry's and Al's name. WINRY. the two most important people to him.

Again, the movie was great IMO. ..................................................
.....I"m only sad that Winry didn't get to be included
in the reunion. it's even more sad that she seems to accept that-- the girl's lost too many people
whom she loves already, couldn't they have given a 'happier' ending?!

FINNISHED.DONE.THE END.--man, if that doesn't make u wanna weep, i don't know wat then.
(haha maybe who knows, they might get carried away and make a second FAM movie
Just look at Innuyasha... it's on its 4th movie already lol)

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 10 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #74

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 250

Ed and Al aren't dead though. I think Winry is happy to know that they are back together and still alive somewhere and that they won't stop fighting.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Jan 18 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #75

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

Ok...I finally saw the movie..with subs. The first time I saw it..I liked it..but had to think it over. After watching it the second time i LOVED it!

[spoiler] I was sad by how it ended too. BUT...after thinking about it, I understood why it ended that way. I'm sure it's already been brought up, but I saw it as the only way they could both be together, and Al having his body is that they had to give-up Alchemy and the life they knew as their equivilant Exchange. Sucks...but...it also makes sense. I'm just happy they're together. Though I feel sad for Winry...T_T[/spoiler]

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 09:05 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css