HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Those Who Have Seen The Movie, Rate It!, Might as well...
If you have seen it, how do you rate the FMA movie?
If you have seen it, how do you rate the FMA movie?
Good [ 124 ] ** [47.69%]
OK [ 74 ] ** [28.46%]
Bad :( [ 44 ] ** [16.92%]
Confusing, just like the TV ending! [ 18 ] ** [6.92%]
Total Votes: 319

Vinyl Zen
post Mar 21 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #196

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 56,764

I'm not one who sympathizes with the fantasy of fangirls but I have to say Winry deserved a lot better. From her perspective, she lugged around Ed's automail hoping for him to come back as Al insisted upon, fixed him up, and he left.

It made me disappointed because I remember in "Mother," after Winry's parents die, Ed says to Al, "Winry has lost more than we ever will." It was Ed's pain and past experiences that were exchanged for his life, albeit on the other side of the gate. If there was an equivalent exchange for that, shouldn't Winry deserve better than what she was given?

But from another perspective, that in itself was the sacrifice that Ed and Al paid to be with eachother again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FmaRulz111
post Aug 6 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #197

Citizen

Member No.: 54,322

It was ok but i think it should have been a bit better

--------------------

EDXAL SHIPPER!

I"M AN EDXAL FAN. DEAL WITH IT.

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Aug 28 2008, 02:26 AM
Post #198

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

I liked it, but felt the end could've been a bit better. sleep.gif

+Quote Post
daggertrepe
post Aug 29 2008, 07:07 PM
Post #199

Citizen

Member No.: 62,161

I thought it was pretty suck-y overall.

First off, what the heck? Izumi just dies. NO scene, hardly any explanation, and I can understand that she was ill and all, but come ON. They pretty much threw her out the window without a second thought, disregarding all that was her. Horrible. Hopefully she won't die in the manga, and if they make a manga based anime, at least I know she won't die because of her lost organs, if at all. *Is excited that there is hope*

No Royai fluff. BOO.

The villain sucked.

The ending-WTH?? NO. Nononononooooooooooo!!! It upset me in a way because they were stuck in a completely different world, leaving everything that was their family and alchemy and memories behind. I mean, they devoted their lives to alchemy and that world, and what are they supposed to do, forget it?? I mean, I'm usually fine with sad endings, but this one was unbearable.

Good points:

-Izumi at the gate nekked. AWESOME.
-Alphonse!
-The part where that [All hail lord Xenu] in the beginning gets GATED.

That's pretty much it, though. *Prays that the next anime and ending will be better.*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Aug 30 2008, 01:54 AM
Post #200

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE(daggertrepe @ Aug 29 2008, 07:07 PM) *

First off, what the heck? Izumi just dies. NO scene, hardly any explanation, and I can understand that she was ill and all, but come ON. They pretty much threw her out the window without a second thought, disregarding all that was her. Horrible. Hopefully she won't die in the manga, and if they make a manga based anime, at least I know she won't die because of her lost organs, if at all. *Is excited that there is hope*
So if Izumi appeared in the entire film, singlehandedly brought the brothers together and defeated the Nazis, you would like the film? And if the manga kills her off (it's a good chance; FMA is not a nice series), you'll hate it?
Anyway, her death was inevitable. She was mortally ill and missing some of her organs for pity's sake! To have her survive that long would have rendered her plight pointless.

The villain sucked.
I'll accept that.

The ending-WTH?? NO. Nononononooooooooooo!!! It upset me in a way because they were stuck in a completely different world, leaving everything that was their family and alchemy and memories behind. I mean, they devoted their lives to alchemy and that world, and what are they supposed to do, forget it??
Ed and Al gave up everything to be together again. Equivalent Exchange. Ain't it a witch?
Anyway, the boys were probably going to give Alchemy up anyway, seeing how it's empowered by the souls from the alternate world.

I mean, I'm usually fine with sad endings, but this one was unbearable.
So now you're going to scream at the TV and throw stuff? That's what some viewers have done.

Loved that scene too, though probably not in the suggestive way you enjoyed it.
Anyway, so much for your 'threw her out the window, disregarding all that was her' criticism.

Claudius: Self-appointed defender of FMA: Conqueror of Shamballa

+Quote Post
daggertrepe
post Aug 30 2008, 06:14 AM
Post #201

Citizen

QUOTE(Claudius @ Aug 30 2008, 01:54 AM) *
QUOTE(daggertrepe @ Aug 29 2008, 07:07 PM) *

So if Izumi appeared in the entire film, singlehandedly brought the brothers together and defeated the Nazis, you would like the film? And if the manga kills her off (it's a good chance; FMA is not a nice series), you'll hate it?
Anyway, her death was inevitable. She was mortally ill and missing some of her organs for pity's sake! To have her survive that long would have rendered her plight pointless.

The villain sucked.
I'll accept that.

The ending-WTH?? NO. Nononononooooooooooo!!! It upset me in a way because they were stuck in a completely different world, leaving everything that was their family and alchemy and memories behind. I mean, they devoted their lives to alchemy and that world, and what are they supposed to do, forget it??
Ed and Al gave up everything to be together again. Equivalent Exchange. Ain't it a witch?
Anyway, the boys were probably going to give Alchemy up anyway, seeing how it's empowered by the souls from the alternate world.

I mean, I'm usually fine with sad endings, but this one was unbearable.
So now you're going to scream at the TV and throw stuff? That's what some viewers have done.

Loved that scene too, though probably not in the suggestive way you enjoyed it.
Anyway, so much for your 'threw her out the window, disregarding all that was her' criticism.

Well, I was disappointed that she died, however, I felt that her cameo was awesome. Yeah, and I hated it that she died, yeah I knew it was inevitable, but I just hated the way the killed her off. She could have had a scene of some sort, you know?

There's a possibility she will live in the manga. There is a possibility she will not. I am hoping that she will. Even if she doesn't, my life will go on just the same.

And no, I did not scream at the TV.

And thanks for being so incredibly nice to a n00b like me... dry.gif You don't have to be insanely rude to make a point.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Aug 30 2008, 04:12 PM
Post #202

Apprentice

QUOTE(daggertrepe @ Aug 30 2008, 06:14 AM) *
Well, I was disappointed that she died, however, I felt that her cameo was awesome. Yeah, and I hated it that she died, yeah I knew it was inevitable, but I just hated the way the killed her off. She could have had a scene of some sort, you know?
Perhaps, but the plot called for Alphonse to reach Lior, and a death scene might have dragged the pace (Maybe Al could have flashbacks of Izumi's death in the desert?). Still, it's not like Izumi was completely absent. Her death motivated Wrath.

There's a possibility she will live in the manga. There is a possibility she will not. I am hoping that she will. Even if she doesn't, my life will go on just the same.

Good. You behaved a lot better than some viewers.

And thanks for being so incredibly nice to a n00b like me... dry.gif You don't have to be insanely rude to make a point.
I apologize. It's just that CoS has been badly treated by this discussion board. Since no one seems willing to defend it, it's up to me. Yes, the movie has flaws, but it's not the turkey the majority thinks it is, and undeserving of unfair criticism.
And you seemed to treat the film unfairly. By your words, Izumi is the real star of the series. Therefore, I hypothesized that your major dislike of CoS stems on the absence of her. Never mind that she isn't the star, never mind that she was on borrowed time, No Izumi = CoS sucks. Judging the film on that basis makes no sense. It's like me hating the series for killing Maes Hughes.
And once again I really cannot understand why everyone see the ending as depressing or unbearable. Ed and Al are together again, and have accepted their new environment. And every good guy who didn't have a terminal ailment survived. This isn't End of Evangelion!
Of course, I could be misinterpreting your criticism. If so, I apologize for that.

+Quote Post
daggertrepe
post Aug 30 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #203

Citizen

QUOTE(Claudius @ Aug 30 2008, 04:12 PM) *
QUOTE(daggertrepe @ Aug 30 2008, 06:14 AM) *
Perhaps, but the plot called for Alphonse to reach Lior, and a death scene might have dragged the pace (Maybe Al could have flashbacks of Izumi's death in the desert?). Still, it's not like Izumi was completely absent. Her death motivated Wrath.

Good. You behaved a lot better than some viewers.

I apologize. It's just that CoS has been badly treated by this discussion board. Since no one seems willing to defend it, it's up to me. Yes, the movie has flaws, but it's not the turkey the majority thinks it is, and undeserving of unfair criticism.
And you seemed to treat the film unfairly. By your words, Izumi is the real star of the series. Therefore, I hypothesized that your major dislike of CoS stems on the absence of her. Never mind that she isn't the star, never mind that she was on borrowed time, No Izumi = CoS sucks. Judging the film on that basis makes no sense. It's like me hating the series for killing Maes Hughes.
And once again I really cannot understand why everyone see the ending as depressing or unbearable. Ed and Al are together again, and have accepted their new environment. And every good guy who didn't have a terminal ailment survived. This isn't End of Evangelion!
Of course, I could be misinterpreting your criticism. If so, I apologize for that.

Well, I appreciate your consideration. It wasn't just because of her that that the movie was kinda bad in my opinion. The whole entire movie I actually wasn't thinking about Izumi--I was focusing on the plot. I simply didn't like it, and for many reasons, her being one of them. That's all.

And yes, no one can sway my opinion that she is the star of the series, cause she is in my eyes, even if she's really not. Just...don't mind that lol. rolleyes.gif

Oh and just a question I've always wondered, and I'll ask you since you seem to know a lot about the movie. How do we know that when Wrath says "I want to see mommy" or whatever when he's being eaten that he's talking about Izumi? Do you think he could be talking about Sloth? The reason I ask this is because Wrath seems to hate Izumi during the series, and it doesn't make a lot of sense for him to just start wanting her again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Aug 31 2008, 03:42 AM
Post #204

Apprentice

QUOTE(daggertrepe @ Aug 30 2008, 06:12 PM) *
Oh and just a question I've always wondered, and I'll ask you since you seem to know a lot about the movie. How do we know that when Wrath says "I want to see mommy" or whatever when he's being eaten that he's talking about Izumi? Do you think he could be talking about Sloth? The reason I ask this is because Wrath seems to hate Izumi during the series, and it doesn't make a lot of sense for him to just start wanting her again.
Well, the two big clues that Izumi is in Wrath's thoughts is (1) His presence at Izumi's grave, and (2) His joy to see Izumi at the Gate.
Wrath does have feelings for Izumi. In ep. 47, Wrath remembers himself in the Gate being coddled by a woman who switches from Sloth to Izumi and so on. However, he denies Izumi. By remembering and accepting Izumi, Wrath remembers his human death and the Gate, which he fears. So he rejects the Gate by rejecting his human past (just like Sloth denied her human past by trying to kill the Brothers Elric) and his human mother.
Two years pass. Sloth is dead. The Master has betrayed him. Ed and Al's self-sacrifices leave a big effect. Wrath is alone now, a broken shadow of his former self. I think his experiences has caused him to accept Izumi's love. She is all he has left now (It seems no one seems to care about what Daddy Curtiz thinks of all this!). But she's dead, and Wrath probably feels very sorry about hurting her. It gives him a death wish; he doesn't care about the Gate as long as he can be with Mommy again. So he has Al kill him (an act that will haunt Alphonse for the rest of his life).

+Quote Post
daggertrepe
post Aug 31 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #205

Citizen

QUOTE(Claudius @ Aug 31 2008, 03:42 AM) *
QUOTE(daggertrepe @ Aug 30 2008, 06:12 PM) *
Well, the two big clues that Izumi is in Wrath's thoughts is (1) His presence at Izumi's grave, and (2) His joy to see Izumi at the Gate.
Wrath does have feelings for Izumi. In ep. 47, Wrath remembers himself in the Gate being coddled by a woman who switches from Sloth to Izumi and so on. However, he denies Izumi. By remembering and accepting Izumi, Wrath remembers his human death and the Gate, which he fears. So he rejects the Gate by rejecting his human past (just like Sloth denied her human past by trying to kill the Brothers Elric) and his human mother.
Two years pass. Sloth is dead. The Master has betrayed him. Ed and Al's self-sacrifices leave a big effect. Wrath is alone now, a broken shadow of his former self. I think his experiences has caused him to accept Izumi's love. She is all he has left now (It seems no one seems to care about what Daddy Curtiz thinks of all this!). But she's dead, and Wrath probably feels very sorry about hurting her. It gives him a death wish; he doesn't care about the Gate as long as he can be with Mommy again. So he has Al kill him (an act that will haunt Alphonse for the rest of his life).

Ahhh. The grave part is what made me think he wanted Izumi, who is his real 'mommy'. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, and poor Sig. lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Aug 31 2008, 11:55 AM
Post #206

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

@Claudius: I enjoyed the film and will also do my bit to defend it but I just can't decide how I feel about it! tongue.gif

Yes, the brothers are in the 'wrong' world so to speak (but that's just the way things go, nothing is perfect), but in the end they're together so that makes me really happy. I suppose, for many other reasons also, I do really like the film because I'm not sure what else I should have expected from it. So yes, ignore my first post up there^. happy.gif

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Oct 13 2008, 03:15 PM
Post #207

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

It was good!! I really liked it!! ^-^
FMA 4ver!

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Yuki-snow
post Nov 4 2008, 03:22 PM
Post #208

Citizen

Member No.: 64,260

Well, even though it wasn't exactly how I expected it too be,
I'd have to say I liked it biggrin.gif

--------------------

fly, fly αs fαr αωαy from it αll αs you cαn..
..but not αωαy from me

---------------------
~Graphics by me~

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Dec 4 2008, 06:20 AM
Post #209

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

QUOTE (The Great Asparagus @ Dec 4 2005, 11:19 PM) *
the movie was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTICLY WONDERFULLY SPECTACULARLY MAGNIFICENTLY FABULOUSLY MARVELOUSLY AWESOME!!!!!

well, ppl do say that i'm easily pleased, but yeah. happy.gif the movie was cool. that's all i have to say lol

ya that is what i have to say also. but i like them both. (japnesse and english dub) ( both on dvd) happy.gif

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
FullTylerStarke
post Dec 22 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #210

Citizen

Member No.: 65,453

I liked the movie at first because it was the first thing I saw in the fullmetal alchemist universe. it was an accident and of course I ruined the anime for myself but that didn't stop me from watching it. So now that I've seen all the anime and read all the manga up to date, I really really dislike this movie. It does not make sense and is full of holes, and by the way the official explanation as to why gluttony turned into a giant weird monster as said in the handbook that comes with the dvd " It's because he ate dirt ". That that is actually funny but, come on really dirt is the reason. anyways oh yeah and why would mustang wait in the middle of nowhere in the show for ed? doesn't make any sense. why not wait for him in central where he disappeared in the first place, but I guess snow is a better place to wait right. I guess since the movie exposed me to all this originally it deserves some thanks. but the boss fight was lame, and the boss was all like, " I want to destroy your world" enter devious plot device " JUST CAUSE" : ( really you want to destroy it because it tickles your fancy COME ON!. anyways thats about it. I doubt anyone will read this because the last person to post here was nearly a year ago.

--------------------
Carpe Metallum
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/..._1398_12896.jpg
Hello FullTylerStarke.. The max sig size limit for our board is 300 pix high. And, if you have the combination of pics and text then the combined total should stay within 300 pix high.
Your current sig pic is 345 pix, and a bit too tall for our board.
You can shrink it a bit, right? Thanks!! ~ Board staff :)

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 02:31 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css