HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

42 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Fma-1 Conqueror Of Shamballa Movie Summary, FMA-1 and FMA CoS SPOILERS inside!!
dzioo
post Jul 23 2005, 01:28 PM
Post #46

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,679

QUOTE(Keos @ Jul 23 2005, 04:34 PM)
....when Ed's like "I got to go back and destroy the transmutation circle so the war will stop..."
[snapback]224095[/snapback]

and that's where my main question is born - do they gestroy the GATE itself or only the transmutation circles?? it's out of curiosity, i won't be able to see the movie until the dvd is out anyways so i wanted to ask someone who has already seen it. thanks for helping
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_nick_*_*
post Jul 23 2005, 02:10 PM
Post #47

Guests

Its about Ed and Al, and the ending is perfect! They're with their memories, and in a brand new world that they have to save. Isn't that good enough>? TOo many people needed a love saga, the movie wasnt meant to start that, it was meant to finish.

LOVED it, it was perfect, minus at least a Roy Riza kiss to signal theyre together for good, not just a salute saying "ill serve u".

I would totally oppose a sequel. Why ruin a good thing, especially since the manga is still going?>

+Quote Post
Fox Chimera of S...
post Jul 23 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #48

Citizen

Member No.: 17,163

What a bad ending! There's so many questions unanswered! *writing angry letters to BONES demanding a sequel with a good ending to the series*. And I want to know what happened to Envy! sad.gif

By the way; Thanks for the summary, Sycia!

--------------------
The one who is deceived is a fool..

+Quote Post
NightMistress
post Jul 23 2005, 02:32 PM
Post #49

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,212

QUOTE(Guest_nick_* @ Jul 23 2005, 05:10 PM)
Its about Ed and Al, and the ending is perfect! They're with their memories, and in a brand new world that they have to save. Isn't that good enough>? TOo many people needed a love saga, the movie wasnt meant to start that, it was meant to finish.

LOVED it, it was perfect, minus at least a Roy Riza kiss to signal theyre together for good, not just a salute saying "ill serve u".

I would totally oppose a sequel. Why ruin a good thing, especially since the manga is still going?>
[snapback]224395[/snapback]

I surely didn't want a love saga. I am totally aware that that isn't what it's about. However, when there are articles released that say we'll see what happens between Roy and Riza during the two years post ep 51, we're expecting to see it since a lot of people were pushing for them. While a kiss would have made me float to the rooftop, they didn't even need that for me to be okay. Just an actual ENDING to see what they were doing would have been sufficient (along with something remotely affectionate like a hug or holding a hand). I know that whatever it was they'd be together anyway. But my point is that we didn't even get that! Maybe it's because Roy is my favourite character which is why I'm so upset about this. You can't give Pinako and Armstrong an ending, yet completely shaft Roy and Riza. Ep 51 seems like it had more closure than this movie. mad.gif

--------------------
Forum siblings: zarpia (my not so big sis) Fullmetal Fangirl (my very much so lil sis) ~FMAgurl~ (another very much so lil sis) MustEd4ever (another very lil sis) Drina (lil sis)

+Quote Post
_alchemist
post Jul 23 2005, 03:02 PM
Post #50

Citizen

Member No.: 3,154

QUOTE(NightMistress @ Jul 23 2005, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE(Guest_nick_* @ Jul 23 2005, 05:10 PM)

[snapback]224395[/snapback]

Ep 51 seems like it had more closure than this movie. mad.gif
[snapback]224402[/snapback]

^ i second that. i mean, even though episode 51 left a huge plot hole [which was SUPPOSED to be filled up by the movie], the movie itself gives leeway for another sequel.

--------------------
In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jul 23 2005, 03:07 PM
Post #51

Guests

Ah yes, before he leaves, Ed tells Al to 'take care of Winry'...

awwww, well at least there is some closure on the edxwinry part.

+Quote Post
lonewolf100
post Jul 23 2005, 04:43 PM
Post #52

Citizen

Member No.: 14,043

i want to see this movie. thanks for the summary. when i watched the trailer they had a little toy ad i think you could get them when you see the film.

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jul 23 2005, 04:49 PM
Post #53

Apprentice

Member No.: 17,621

Depends on what you mean by closure, I guess. For me, I wouldn't quite use the word closure - I'd say with regards to Edwin and Royai, it's like seeing the Kare Kano ending, once more .... maybe not as abrupt, but inconclusive, nonetheless.

QUOTE(Sycia @ Jul 24 2005, 12:39 AM)
Watch the movie yourself first before passing judgement. : )

Meer words just don't translate the complete feel anyway. I'm only listing down the events.
[snapback]224099[/snapback]

Yes, I know. Just the shock of the ending really has me going. I'm calmer now by day 2, but still ganged up on it. The movie is probably great and riveting and the ending would have been noble/sacrificial in a way. I still think the ending is inconclusive and did not necessarily need to be written in that way to make it logical. *sigh* sad.gif dry.gif mad.gif

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

EdWin is canon! Thankyou Arakawa-sensei~~ ^ ^

Cloud & Tifa - The official FF7 couple.

+Quote Post
deekay
post Jul 23 2005, 05:06 PM
Post #54

Citizen

Member No.: 11,070

Nuts...
I really loved the anime until the 'alternate world' plot thread, which even though intriguing is not really original. I mean i love the FMA universe, characters and alchemy not the damn real world, thule society, nazis or alternate versions of characters (though this could be interesting if it was done well enough) which it looks like too much time has been spent on at the expense of hagaren character development/interaction.

What does sound nice is the battle scenes, Ed & Al and Ed & Winry reunion, Roy's re-entrance. Anyway there looks to be a lot more good than bad overall, thanks for the summary.

Btw, can you mention anything about the movie's musical score and animation (which im sure were probably good)

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jul 23 2005, 05:09 PM
Post #55

Guests

QUOTE(Keos @ Jul 23 2005, 04:49 PM)
Depends on what you mean by closure, I guess.  For me, I wouldn't quite use the word closure - I'd say with regards to Edwin and Royai, it's like seeing the Kare Kano ending, once more .... maybe not as abrupt, but inconclusive, nonetheless.

QUOTE(Sycia @ Jul 24 2005, 12:39 AM)
Watch the movie yourself first before passing judgement. : )

Meer words just don't translate the complete feel anyway. I'm only listing down the events.
[snapback]224099[/snapback]

Yes, I know. Just the shock of the ending really has me going. I'm calmer now by day 2, but still ganged up on it. The movie is probably great and riveting and the ending would have been noble/sacrificial in a way. I still think the ending is inconclusive and did not necessarily need to be written in that way to make it logical. *sigh* sad.gif dry.gif mad.gif
[snapback]224466[/snapback]

BONES should just announce a damn sequel. IMO, when Ed and Al returned to our world, all the sacrifices of everyone [i.e. Hohenheim's death to send Ed back to HIS WORLD DAMNIT], was basically gone to waste. I think it was selfish of Ed and Al to detach themselves from THEIR OWN WORLD WHICH THEY GREW UP IN! damn their impulsiveness! I mean, there's something called PEOPLE WHO CARE FOR YOU that still exists in Amestris, dumb-butts!

i doubt that a sequel will foil the overall feel of the movie. it will just enable BONES to make more money and hopefully create an ending that is satisfying to their die-hard fans.

also, is there seriously NO ROY/RIZA CLOSURE??!! wahhhh!! *bombs BONES studio*

+Quote Post
Jellybean
post Jul 23 2005, 05:32 PM
Post #56

Alchemists

Member No.: 11,397

Thank you, Sycia! Once again, you are my hero. Damnit though! I still can't wait to see it. Reading it just isn't the same. It is nice to know that Ed doesn't die in the end. I was almost certain they would do something cruel like that.

Quick question: What was Ed doing when he started his arm like a lawnmower in the trailer? huh.gif

Oh yeah, another question. Maybe it's my old Rose-hating habit acting up again, but I don't quite see why Noah is with them at the end. It sounds like she made a royal ass of herself and then never expressed any remorse or redeemed herself. I think she's going to annoy even more in the movie than she did in the series.

As for the comments about Hughes, I don't think his position necessarily makes him a bad guy. After all, back in Amestris he was a soldier in a hostile military dictatorship that performed hideous secret experiments and commited acts of genocide, and now he's...pretty much doing the same thing. I'll be glad to see him again, and his little thing with Gracia sounds cute.

+Quote Post
anime_manga_fan
post Jul 23 2005, 05:59 PM
Post #57

Apprentice

Member No.: 4,989

Thanks Sycia-sama XD

I really liked reading the summary for the movie... It makes me cry now... sad.gif

Was it a really good movie all in all?

And I saw the picture for the tickets, they look so cool biggrin.gif

--------------------

FORUM FAMILY (Always looking for more! :D)

Older Bro - GreedEnvyWrath
Older Sis - ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, Drina, BellatrixAngelofKyo, Copycat-Heather-Elric, Molecular Alchemist,Shippo'sChick
Younger Sis - animejunkie429800, ~*(Jaded)*~

このわたしもしかたなく、錬金術を学んだことがある。この天才をもってすれば、錬金術の会得など簡単なことだったよ。

+Quote Post
Saturn Stars
post Jul 23 2005, 06:00 PM
Post #58

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,102

I think he was fighting some soliders around that time... not sure though.

Anyway sycia everything was PERFECT! Love your summary, loved the edxwin, loved the movie. Hated the ending because it was slightly sad, but it was good, it leaves you with an impression and feel!

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>LOL!</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>~*~Lialiakicks' evil parter in crime~*~</span>
*Yukina_Raven's lil sis* *Chiyo's lil sis* My big sisters rock!
Taken Away EdxWinxRozexWin? Lost in Your Heaven EdxWin... er... WinxMunichAl? (It's up to your imagination lol) EdxWinry 100 Themes Uh yeah that's EdxWin Someone Who Cares For Me EdxWin... again... Manga Related? Stand Up and Walk Forward Umm yes... EdxWin His Gift *Cough* Edxwin *Cough* Manga related? First Kiss [Edxwin] Nah really saturn Stars? Let me tell you... if fluff could kill... *Manga, Chapter 48 related*
Above is my army of Edxwin fics... lol enjoy!

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jul 23 2005, 06:58 PM
Post #59

Apprentice

Member No.: 17,621

Ok, well, just finished reading the complete summary ( I didn't want to be spoiled completely before) and now I have a few questions, but firstly let me just say that this is truly a great and detailed summary, Sycia, so thankyou very much for this.

Ok, my questions:

1) When you said that the Thule society were constructing a transmutation circle, how did Ed end up performing the conditions to opening the gate by transmutation? I thought you couldn't perform alchemy in this world? So does that mean that only the transmutation circles were destroyed when he came back to this world and not the "Gate" (in the manga, it was a Gate with the tree of life on it)

2) Was there a conclusion for what happened to Envy? Did he die or something? I was assuming all the homunculi died. What about Dante? Her end was not confirmed exactly in the anime, though she probably died.

3) Sorry, this might have been answered in the anime, but I'm not so sure: but what was the overall goal of the homunculi in the anime? I knew that Lust wanted to become human, but the rest? They despised humans, esp. Envy and I don't know what the Fuhrer's goal was even though he seemed to have been plotting something sinister.

Thanks to anyone who would answer these questions smile.gif

I think I prefer the manga story-line - there's much more involvement of the Homunculi and they are the drive of the story. I was expecting the anime to do something about the homunculi, though that can't have happened since they were nothing but accidents (mellow.gif) and not part of the larger story (involving the "Father").

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

EdWin is canon! Thankyou Arakawa-sensei~~ ^ ^

Cloud & Tifa - The official FF7 couple.

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jul 23 2005, 08:08 PM
Post #60

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 250

I think a lot of people here are clearly overreacting and taking this way too seriously. And maybe you should...y'know...see the movie first?

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 06:07 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css