HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

59 Pages V  « < 55 56 57 58 59 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Anime (the First Series) Q & A Thread, Warning!! Spoilers inside!!
Popogeejo
post Jul 19 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #841

Master Alchemist

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,420

- Why is it forbidden to transmute gold? And what would stop some alchemist from doing it anyway? State Alchemists have to abide by the rules, but someone can do it in secret...

Why is it forbidden is simple: Gold is only valuable because there is a limited amount, making it hard to get a lot of. The more there is that people know about the less value it has.

What is to stop some Alchemist doing it? Nothing but the police. Making Gold is illegal. It's just like counterfeiting.

Also, why was Red Stone necessary to create gold in Xenotime? Was it so hard to transmute a bunch of rock?

Transmutations take a lot of energy. Making Gold presumable takes even more energy than normal. The red water would make this far easier by giving extra energy.

And what is so awful about the Red Stone anyway? The Red Water is toxic - so what... You don't have to sacrifice people to make it (though the process is slower of course). And the Red Water isn't terribly rare it seems since there was a fountain of it in Xenotime and a ton of it stored in the 5th Laboratory. Why didn't the Military just mass-produce the Red Stone for its State Alchemists?

Red Stones amplify an Alchemists power. If it gets into the wrong hands that'd be very bad. It's also unstable. You saw what it did to Cornello.
As for it not being rare, you saw one fountain. That would make it extremely rare indeed. The amount Stored in Lab 5 looks a lot but on a large scale it really isn't.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lykanwitch
post Oct 14 2009, 02:24 AM
Post #842

Citizen

Member No.: 71,424

QUOTE (Quistis88 @ Mar 7 2005, 04:22 PM) *
QUOTE (Stained_Wings @ Mar 7 2005, 01:58 PM)
i thought it was a shadow too, but why make the shadow completely black instead of the darker skin color, like they normally do for shadows on the skin. it would look lots better and would just make more sense.

They may have made it completely black to show the contrast between those shadows and the more "visibly obvious" shadows elsewhere.

And a little logic lesson for the littl'uns:

(1) Humans are sometimes lazy beings.
(2) Animators are human.
So, (3) Animators are sometimes lazy beings.

biggrin.gif Hope that solves the problem.

haha.. yeah right.. nice logic uh!!!! im on the shadow side also..

laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SaMaster14
post Oct 19 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #843

Citizen

Member No.: 56,855

~ Is The Fma Movie The Contiunation Of Fma-1 Series? I'm A Little Confused About The End Of The Fma-1 Series.. ~

Well, I just saw the end of the US verizon of FMA, where it ends with Ed and Al in separate parts of the world...

BUT... is the movie: conqueror of Shamballa a continuation/end of the anime?

and is FMA2: brotherhood just a new spin on the anime that makes it more like the manga, but starts again from the beginning?

Thanks for any answers wink.gif

--------------------
My dads car, Mercedes SL 550 roadster loaded with everything:

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Oct 19 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #844

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

QUOTE (SaMaster14 @ Oct 19 2009, 09:35 PM) *
Well, I just saw the end of the US verizon of FMA, where it ends with Ed and Al in separate parts of the world...

and is FMA2: brotherhood just a new spin on the anime that makes it more like the manga, but starts again from the beginning?

Yes Shamballa is continuation of the anime,it takes place 2 years later to be exact.

Fma Brotherhood is just really a spin off I guess,and yes it does follow the manga (almost exactly). Yeah it starts from the beginning,but not really with the first episode.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 19 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #845

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (SaMaster14 @ Oct 19 2009, 09:35 PM) *

Hi SaMaster14, long time no see! So, you watched the episode 51 of the first FMA anime series? Then the next step is to watch "Conqueror of Shambala" FMA movie, because that one is the de facto conclusion of the first FMA anime series.

As for the new FMA: Brotherhood, you are correct. It is an FMA anime series based on FMA manga storyline, and hence it has a completely different FMA universe. You can find out more about the new FMA: Brotherhood series on FMA: Brotherhood anime FAQ on FMA: Brotherhood Q&A thread, and if you get more question about FMA: Brotherhood anime, please post that on FMA: Brotherhood Q&A thread, and we'll try to answer your question there.

You can find out more about FMA "Conqueror of Shambala" movie, including spoiler summary storyline, in our FMA Movie forum.

If you got more questions on the first series of FMA anime, or FMA movie, then post that on FMA anime Q&A thread, and we'll try to help you with your question there. smile.gif

----------------------

QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Oct 19 2009, 09:49 PM) *
Fma Brotherhood is just really a spin off I guess,and yes it does follow the manga (almost exactly). Yeah it starts from the beginning,but not really with the first episode.

Thanks for answering SaMaster14's question. ^^ Although... I wouldn't call FMA:Brotherhood anime as a "spin off" of the first FMA anime series, as it is IMO more closer to "remake" (so to speak) based off on the original FMA story this time around, than a "spin off" of the first FMA anime series. biggrin.gif And yes, it starts from the beginning of manga FMA story line, and in the begening it starts off with the very similar looking/sounding story to the first FMA anime series, but even in the early episodes, there are smaller yet key story differences between the FMA:Brotherhood anime and the first FMA anime, such as who killed Winry's parents, etc., and also the underlying reasons for some of the things and happenings we see in the early episodes are also vastly different. Hence, IMO, the stories look similar but these are not quite the same story at all, even in the earlier episodes. smile.gif

---------------------

Thread closed. The posts will be moved to FMA anime Q&A thread shortly.

Anyone with more questions on the first series of FMA anime, please post that on FMA anime Q&A thread instead of opening a new thread, and we'll try to help you with your question there. smile.gif

ETA: Merged the thread to url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5993&st=855&start=855"]FMA anime Q&A[/url] thread.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fullmetal666
post Dec 3 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #846

Citizen

Member No.: 71,879

Back when he was Hohenhim and Dante's son, how did Envy get Mercury Poisoning?

--------------------
Lust: Maybe you are right. Where did I come from, and where will I go when I die? Maybe all this time, that is what I wanted... the freedom to find out.

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Dec 4 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #847

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Ironically on a day trip to Venus.

Mercury poisoning is actually kind of an odd way to have a character die. It causes madness usually before finally doing the person in. My understanding is that people who worked with felt came down with it most often (they use the Mercury to treat the felt when making Hats (see; Mad Hatter.).)

I can't imagine how he'd have been exposed unless he got into their alchemy lab and took a swig of the pretty silver water.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Dec 6 2009, 06:47 AM
Post #848

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

What did majahal (spelling?) loose when he tried to bring that woman back, in the town with Klaus?

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Dec 6 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #849

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Dec 6 2009, 05:47 AM) *
What did majahal (spelling?) loose when he tried to bring that woman back, in the town with Klaus?
Well, I don't think he created anything in the first place, save for those weird puppets of his. And those puppets' creation are not in the same level that the Brothers Elric, Izumi, and Scar's Brother did in their transmutation, meaning Majahal really didn't suffer the major consequences. The only loss for him was the possible consequence of performing too much Alchemy: insanity. A point that both Anime1 and Manga strongly reinforce (Both versions of Shou Tucker, Dante, Papa Hawkeye).

Here's my question: Is Rose's baby really hers? The time period between the Brothers' two trips to Lior (Episode 1-2 to Episode 39, minus the 'Four Years Ago' Origin flashbacks) amounts to probably five months or less, hardly enough to get a baby (As Riza Hawkeye exclaimed to Hughes: "Babies aren't born in five months!"). Rather than scream PLOT HOLE! like most of you, I'd rather conclude that Rose adopted the baby.

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Dec 6 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #850

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

QUOTE (Claudius @ Dec 6 2009, 01:53 PM) *
Here's my question: Is Rose's baby really hers? The time period between the Brothers' two trips to Lior (Episode 1-2 to Episode 39, minus the 'Four Years Ago' Origin flashbacks) amounts to probably five months or less, hardly enough to get a baby (As Riza Hawkeye exclaimed to Hughes: "Babies aren't born in five months!"). Rather than scream PLOT HOLE! like most of you, I'd rather conclude that Rose adopted the baby.

huh.gif

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 6 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #851

Group Icon

QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Dec 6 2009, 09:47 AM) *

As Claudius has explained above, simply put, he did NOT perform human transmutations, like Ed did. He transfered souls, but no human transmutations.. Hence, suffered no loss, like Ed did

QUOTE (Claudius @ Dec 6 2009, 04:53 PM) *

@Claudius - Hmmm, that's an interesting twist. ^^ Off-hand I can't recall the details of the time-line, and I have to think about that one for a bit, but meantime just letting you know that I really appreciate your continuous contributions to our board and keep presenting to us all these interesting ways of looking at the FMA story that are, sometimes, not necessarily going along with how the rest of FMA fandome might view. ^^ I enjoy reading your posts and discovering different ways of looking at the FMA story, regardless of whether I share the same view with you or not. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Dec 6 2009, 08:04 PM) *
huh.gif

@Disasterpiece - Umm... that post may be interpreted in different ways, and to avoid the possible misinterpretation of your post, (and to avoid being a SPAM post by having only an emoticon) would you care to expand your post a little further? I would love to read your opinion. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
thedespised2166
post Dec 7 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #852

Citizen

Member No.: 71,836

In every intro at FMA1(other than AFTER he's combined with the philosifer's stone), he recited the first law of alchemy...or was it equivilent exchange? Ah don't matter. But at the end of Ep. 51 he recites it fully.
What does he say fully? huh.gif

--------------------
The brothers of despisition shall not seace to exist.
Our power shall consume your soul.
Evil shall rule once again.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 7 2009, 03:49 PM
Post #853

Group Icon

@thedespised2166 - Are these what you're looking for? unsure.gif

The usual opening quote for FMA-1 anime (up to ep 41?)
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth.

FMA-1 opening quote: Ep 42 (?) - Ep 51
The Philosopher's Stone: those who possess it, no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy, can gain without sacrifice... create without equal exchange. We searched for it... and we found it.

(I know these have been posted before, and I'm still checking the forums, and meantime, if someone can check for the accuracy, that'd be appreciated. ^^)

--------------------

+Quote Post
thedespised2166
post Dec 8 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #854

Citizen

Member No.: 71,836

@Tombow - Close. But from Ep. 42 - 51, Edward speaks instead of Alphonse. In the end of FMA-1 Ep. 51, Al recites it fully.

--------------------
The brothers of despisition shall not seace to exist.
Our power shall consume your soul.
Evil shall rule once again.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 8 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #855

Group Icon

Yeah, I didn't mention as I thought that may not be the important detail.. sorry for the omission ^^... in original Japanese episodes, Al speaks these "intro" words (in the episodes where we hear Ed speaking these words in English version,) but when these episodes got dubbed in English, they changed to Ed speaking those. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

59 Pages V  « < 55 56 57 58 59 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 08:35 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css