HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
About Ed's Birthdate..., It's been irking me forever!
Random Person
post Aug 23 2005, 08:48 PM
Post #31

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,269

Yeah. I think The animaters (is that even a word? lol) Did this to laugh at us when we hopelessly try to figure it out. And its working.

Im confused. When Elyisia was born (on Ed's 12 bday) it was snowing. But then 4 years later the grass was green and everything was nice and sunny like summer or spring or something...wth?

--------------------
The best smart@$$ quote in the world: "I'd rather be pissed off then pissed on"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Frozen Ice Alche...
post Aug 24 2005, 08:01 AM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 17,311

before someone mentioned about Chinese-Zodiac signs... I'm a Leo and my chinese-zodiac sign, quite unfortunately, is a DOG....

It depends on what year Ed is born in...

--------------------
IPB Image
Siggy made by me~
-----{M Y | F O R U M | F A M I L Y}-----
[B I G | S I S T E R S] shingmei, SsleepyAlly, Jelly_Belly
[C O U S I N S] eliss_music, Hikusa Rockgirl X

+Quote Post
Kanki
post Aug 24 2005, 12:01 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 20,592

Well, according to the Serpent's Cross website, from looking at Ed's pocket watch, you can figure out what year they were born in. Edward is supposedly born in 1899 and Al is supposedly born in 1900, which makes Ed a boar and Al a rat.

Boars are supposedly like this:

People of this sign are honest and tolerant and make good friends. Boars however tend to expect the same from everyone else, they often end up disappointed when they learn otherwise of people. Viewed often as naÔve, a boar is very trusting. Boars are often associated with honour and valour, caring deeply and behaving chivalrous. They will attempt to make peace over fighting and will make excessive concessions if it means peace. A boar serves companions well and will often do the dirty work for the good of those around them.

Boars thrive in the arts as entertainers.

o__OU To me, that doesn't sound so much like Ed. It sounds more like Al. So, taking to account that if his birthday was in Janurary or early February, he'd be a dog, since the Chinese New Year ends on Feb. 18, or somewhere around that time.

Dogs are supposedly like this:

People born in the Year of the Dog possess the best traits of human nature. They have a deep sense of loyalty, are honest, and inspire other people's confidence because they know how to keep secrets. But Dog People are somewhat selfish, terribly stubborn, and eccentric. They care little for wealth, yet somehow always seem to have money. They can be cold emotionally and sometimes distant at parties. They can find fault with many things and are noted for their sharp tongues. Dog people make good leaders.

Yeah...that's Ed alright.

And Al's sign is the rat, and a rat is supposedly like this:

Clever, intelligent and quick-witted. This Sign is ambitious and strong-willed, and is motivated by its own interests, which often include money and power. They are energetic and versatile and can usually find their way around obstacles, and adapt to various environments easily. Its natural charm and sharp, funny demeanor make it an appealing friend for almost anyone. The Rat likes to know who is on its side and will treat its most loyal friends with an extra measure of protection and generosity. Although they are often hoarders, Rats are very generous to their family and friends. The Rats have a great capabilty of accruing and holding on to items of value.

Now that sounds a bit like Edward too and definitely not like Al xD So, supposing that Alphonse is also born in early 1900, he'd be the boar, which sounds more like him. But, then again, these are all guesses. You decide which sounds more like who.

--------------------
Mayou hitsuyou mo nai kurai
Chanto watashi wa itsumo soba de
Anata no omoi mo hidoi itami mo
Isshou ni kanjiteita deshou?
Nani wo kono kyori de
Damaru koto ga aru no?†

You donít have to feel so lost
Because naturally, youíre always by my side.
We both used to feel all your emotions
And even your worst pain together, you know?
So why is it that within this interval
You have fallen silent?

----
Please do not steal my avatar. Even though it's crappy, I made it myself. Thank you.

+Quote Post
Nicholas_Flamel
post Aug 24 2005, 12:56 PM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 20,788

QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 30 2005, 01:43 PM)
What we know is he's 150cm (about 4'11-5'0) naturally, or 165cm if you count boots and antena. He seems to have grown in the manga, though.

Ha ha. I knew he was short, but I didn't think he was THAT short. tongue.gif

*snicker*

Oh, poor Edo...

--------------------
I'm not your type. I'm not inflateable.

+Quote Post
~*~Exotic Latina...
post Aug 25 2005, 04:13 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 20,994

I think its somewhere in january or early febuary.I hope he was born in febuary tho tongue.gif But I think he was born in january because of his personality

--------------------
user posted image
Rose is awesome!

+Quote Post
Frozen Ice Alche...
post Aug 26 2005, 03:47 AM
Post #36

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 17,311

guess what... I'm the tallest in my class, and EDWARDS TALLER THAN ME!!!!!!!!!!! But i don't care...

EDIT: I take that back... I'm way taller than him, although we have a big age difference.

This post has been edited by Frozen Ice Alchemist: Feb 8 2006, 02:51 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Siggy made by me~
-----{M Y | F O R U M | F A M I L Y}-----
[B I G | S I S T E R S] shingmei, SsleepyAlly, Jelly_Belly
[C O U S I N S] eliss_music, Hikusa Rockgirl X

+Quote Post
Mikage_Elric
post Oct 23 2005, 02:51 PM
Post #37

Alchemists

Member No.: 19,249

in my story With a hopeful heart, i put down January 31. I could be wrong.

and al i think is.... Sept. 18 I'm just guessing

--------------------
IPB Image
siggy made by Hana-san
Fullmetal Heart

+Quote Post
RocketJess
post Oct 24 2005, 04:53 AM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 16,184

Ed's birthday (at least in the anime) has to be between Ocotober and February. The only two definite dates are February 1910 (when they attempted to resurrect their mother) and 3 October 1910; Ed is eleven at both these points in time.

Following on from that, Al's birthday has to be between Ed's birthday and February. His age is given as ten in February 1910, and Ed is eleven. But later in the series, after Ed's 16th birthday, he's asked how old he is, and he says he's 14. So his birthday is after Ed's.

(Manga-wise, I don't remember there being any such definite dates to work off/be restricted by. Or maybe I just haven't noticed. I've only read the manga once through.)

I'd personally put Ed's birthday between November 30 to December 17, making his astronomical zodiac sign Ophiuchus, the Serpent Bearer. Ophiuchus represents the mythical Greek healer Asclepius, who was killed by Zeus as "punishment for violating the natural order of the world by bringing the dead back to life". Asclepius' rod is also resembles (and is often confused with) the Caduceus, from which the Flamel symbol originates.

+Quote Post
RocketJess
post Oct 24 2005, 04:56 AM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 16,184

Crossposting from here: http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...76&#entry303776

Ed's birthday (at least in the anime) has to be between October and February. The only two definite dates are February 1910 (when they attempted to resurrect their mother) and 3 October 1910; Ed is eleven at both these points in time.

Following on from that, Al's birthday has to be between Ed's birthday and February. His age is given as ten in February 1910, and Ed is eleven. But later in the series, after Ed's 16th birthday, he's asked how old he is, and he says he's 14. So his birthday is after Ed's.

(Manga-wise, I don't remember there being any such definite dates to work off/be restricted by. Or maybe I just haven't noticed. I've only read the manga once through.)

I'd personally put Ed's birthday between November 30 to December 17, making his astronomical zodiac sign Ophiuchus, the Serpent Bearer. Ophiuchus represents the mythical Greek healer Asclepius, who was killed by Zeus as "punishment for violating the natural order of the world by bringing the dead back to life". Asclepius' rod is also resembles (and is often confused with) the Caduceus, from which the Flamel symbol originates.

+Quote Post
Mikage_Elric
post Oct 24 2005, 02:52 PM
Post #40

Alchemists

Member No.: 19,249

ok.....

like i put down January 31

--------------------
IPB Image
siggy made by Hana-san
Fullmetal Heart

+Quote Post
k-k-kayleigh
post Dec 2 2005, 03:51 PM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 27,185

I heart astrology, and judging from zodiac personalities, I'd say Ed is an Aries. No doubt. That's March-April.

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Dec 2 2005, 03:59 PM
Post #42

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

In vol 12, Arakawa-sensei metioned that Ed's birthday is somewhere in the winter. Personally, I think Ed would be somewhere in December (1898 mostly I like to think). Also, Al would be January - February b/c if you see the anime, when they performed human transmution, Al was 10 and the date said, February, 1910.

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
k-k-kayleigh
post Dec 2 2005, 04:33 PM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 27,185

QUOTE(Kanki @ Aug 22 2005, 07:30 PM) [snapback]258541[/snapback]

QUOTE(Yukina_Raven @ Aug 3 2005, 07:43 PM)
QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 30 2005, 12:43 PM)
There's a lot of speculation on his birthday here: http://www.livejournal.com/community/fm_al...ist/962134.html
[snapback]232837[/snapback]

...DUDE! Did anyone READ that!? O_O I mean... Wow. That's just downright freakish. I really hope they did that on purpose or else... blink.gif
[snapback]240122[/snapback]

I hope that it's right! Because, if it is, my birthday is on January 16! Haha! -does a freaky dance- I could possibly be a day older than him!

QUOTE(Mikage_Elric @ Aug 22 2005, 02:29 PM)
I doubt he was a capicorn. I think Ed's a leo by personality
[snapback]258501[/snapback]

Surprisingly, not too many Leos I know are like what they are supposed to be. The two Leos I know are like Alphonse: kind and gentle xD Gentle lions, hah! 'Sides, Ed's smart enough to be a capricorn. One of the replies on there says: "He's just very... Capricorn-ish. Steady climing towards goals, stubborness, likes to ram his head against things, figuratively and literally (GOAT!)" xD That's Edward alright! There's a possiblity of him being a Sagittarius, because of the whole volitile personality thing, but, then again, that little trait could be part of something else, such as blood type or Chinese zodiac sign xD Do they even go by the Chinese Zodiac over there?

Leos come from the house of hospitality. They may be a fire sign, but they really want their loved ones happy. They aren't very firey until someone tries to hurt the ones they love.

I think Ed's an Aries. You said the Capricorn goat-ramming thing was Ed, but ramming into things is a trait of Aries. The Aries ram.

Capricorn and Aries are both cardinal signs(active do-ers), but the difference is allll in the elements.

Earth- Practical. Reliable.

Fire-Creative pioneers.

Capricorns aren't much for risktakers. They find a goal, and move forward to accomplish it. They don't try to achieve things that they don't know cannot be achieved, so they mainly go for social status. Power. Hmmm....determined, not too risky, status-oriented...sounds like ROY!

Aries achieve their goals differently. They are pioneers, and are willing to go for anything, even something that has never been thought of before. They don't climb the ladder to success, they build their own!

Ed's goal to get his and Al's body back is completely intangible. and before that, ressurecting his mother was supposed to be forbidden. A Capricorn wouldn't really be interested in getting his body back, but using his new body to achieve new and better things. An Aries is more willing to adventure into the unknown.

Also, Ed's hate of being a 'dog of the military' is an Aries trait too. Aries want to lead their own lives, and following someone elses orders is annoying to them, if not offensive.

Sagittarius? Eh. He's too focused. Sagittariuns are mutable(flexible). They don't care much for achieving goals in life, they focus more on life itself. Philosophy. They consider just about everything to be a success because they can just chalk it up to life experience. They generally don't move forward with new ideas, they just play around with it in their heads.

Gosh, I'm such a freak.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Dec 2 2005, 05:33 PM
Post #44

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Ed's birthday : Feb 13, Riza's feb: 5, Winry: April 1st...

One of the theories made in that other topic...and I would like to point out that I know an Ed who's birthday is Feb 15th and he is quite like Edward Elric so perhaps he could be Aquarius. Then again that would put my birthday the day after Winrys too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Molecular Alchem...
post Dec 3 2005, 11:20 AM
Post #45

Brigadier General

Member No.: 24,926

QUOTE(k-k-kayleigh @ Dec 2 2005, 04:18 PM) [snapback]323178[/snapback]

Sagittarius? Eh. He's too focused. Sagittariuns are mutable(flexible). They don't care much for achieving goals in life, they focus more on life itself. Philosophy. They consider just about everything to be a success because they can just chalk it up to life experience. They generally don't move forward with new ideas, they just play around with it in their heads.

Eh? That's not true...I'm a Sag and I'm extremely focused on my goals(hehe...my lack of a decent social life is testament to that).......and I always move towads and am open to new ideas laugh.gif (astrology isn't always black and white). I think that Ed's birthday is somewhere in Novmeber...because the snow was melting outside of the house...and if the weather is anything like it is up here in the east, you can get freak snowstorms and have them melt soon after in the fall.

But (highlight only if you have seen the whole anime series)...
[spoiler]if they live on the other side of the gate, are their seasons and months and whatnot the same as ours...so are we really going to accomplish anything my trying to figure this out? blink.gif [/spoiler]

--------------------

Proud Member of the Anti-Shou Movement
Honorable Vice-Captain of the Anti-Inoue Squad
BLEACH FANS UNITE!!!--new manga-based arc starts at epi 109!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 02:52 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css