Quistis88
post Oct 17 2005, 12:51 AM
Post #46

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Oct 14 2005, 06:51 PM) [snapback]300399[/snapback]
I have justed watched the series finale, and I have to say, I actually had lower expectations than what did happen mellow.gif Not that the ending was especially great. I liked how the ending was kind of sappy, but not as happy as it could be. I didn't hate Ginza as much at the end of the series as I did before. Suitengu is still a crazy SOB, but his past was pretty sad. It was sad and strange how he killed his sister with a drop of his blood O.o

I was also not expecting too much for the ending. Still a somewhat satisfactory ending though. I like how Ginza ended up. That sort of role seemed to suit her as well.

Err... what happened to Shinsen again? She didn't die did she? They just... didn't show her since like episode 17 or so... ever.

In case you didn't see, [spoiler]Suitengu killed her while Kagura was talking to her, I believe. That has got to be pretty traumatic.[/spoiler]
The Prime Minister of Japan's power was so stupid. It was like a poorly drawn, mutated form of Gluttony's power. The show in general is kind of poorly drawn though. The sound guy was kind of oddly drawn too. I didn't like his character design much, and the whole speakers on the body has been done so many times. What happened to all their good power ideas like the TatooMan?

It's only a matter of time before someone comes up with a stupid power and thinks that it's a good one. It's all relative.

The fight wasn't as dramatic and the whole Sephiroth saving Saiga thing at the end wasn't exactly what I wanted. I wanted them to kill each other, darnit! Nonetheless, the ending was still pretty good. GinzaxDoctor Dude, haha, that was a pretty strange pairing that they made at the end. I don't know why they did that. It seemed highly unprobable and very random.

I like that pairing. It's random, but it works. And I did expect either Saiga or Suitengu to die at the end.

QUOTE(Goldfish @ Oct 14 2005, 10:18 PM) [snapback]300530[/snapback]
I did have lower expectations as well. As anti-climactic as the final fight actually was, it could have been worse. I think I liked Suitengu in the end. He had the intentions, but just went about them in the wrong way/s (obviously). Yeah, I didn't quite get that whole sister dying thing. Was that an accident, or could he just not stand to see her like that?

I think he killed her intentionally. He's killed many others before, and killing his sister to put her out of her misery probably sounds even more merciful (to Suitengu) than his usual reasons for killing. I also agree that the final battle could have been much worse.

That wasn't necessarily an official pairing, but hey, she's got to be with someone or she'd just be complaining the whole time.

How is that not an official pairing if it appeared in the anime? tongue.gif

I think overall it was a really interesting story, and the strange, disgusting and sexual things do give it that original atmosphere and paint the corrupted society picture. Would have rather they been able to do the same thing without it, though.

Same here.

You may say it's stupid that Saiga was saved in the end so as to have the fairly happy ending with Kagura, but give the guy a break. He became blind and has to live with the horribly funny irony of being able to take pictures he can't see.

I found that irony quite beautiful. And it's hilarious how a blind photographer still takes better pictures than that wannbe-cameraman kid.

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Goldfish
post Oct 17 2005, 02:56 AM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,843

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Oct 16 2005, 11:51 PM) [snapback]300819[/snapback]

That wasn't necessarily an official pairing, but hey, she's got to be with someone or she'd just be complaining the whole time.

How is that not an official pairing if it appeared in the anime? tongue.gif

They didn't show anything definitive! They just happened to be working together. That's all. It's not like they 'd be living together... or doing things... well probably not... I mean I guess they could, but it's not like they're a full blown official couple.... Well maybe they are, but it probably doesn't mean much and it's really shallow! They hardly know each other!

QUOTE(Goldfish)
You may say it's stupid that Saiga was saved in the end so as to have the fairly happy ending with Kagura, but give the guy a break. He became blind and has to live with the horribly funny irony of being able to take pictures he can't see.

I found that irony quite beautiful. And it's hilarious how a blind photographer still takes better pictures than that wannbe-cameraman kid.

Funny, beautiful, whatever. It's all relative.tongue.gif Yes that is quite hilarious. Although, he technically needs a good bit of help setting pictures up.

--------------------
user posted image

I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 11:34 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css