Reply to this topicStart new topic
Speed Grapher, Girls on Film XD
Slashrose1010
post Jul 17 2005, 03:15 PM
Post #31

Master Alchemist

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,609

gah gah gah~! >_< Hold on, I shall be back after I watch it tonight guys ;__; and Cafe and I started a cult =D *points to sig XD*

Aherm, new ending? I wanna see, also I see Ginza has something to do with this ep mellow.gif I shall watch late at night probably (damn parental censorship)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mongooseboi
post Jul 17 2005, 04:46 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 10,556

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jul 17 2005, 02:03 PM)
Thanks, mongooseboi (may I call you boi?).  biggrin.gif
[snapback]216539[/snapback]

sure whatever makes you happy biggrin.gif
Just watched episode 13.  I really hate Ginza now.  Sure, she cares about Saiga and all, but she's too possessive and way too abusive.  No wonder Saiga denies their "relationship".

aw man i thought ginza showed her soft side for a moment when she was like, lets be together again, ill try my best too.
Spider Tattoo Man is really freaky.

very >.< what was his profession? touching women?? i didn't get that part >.<
As well, as Kagura gone mute due to trauma or something?
I really like the artwork they used in the new ending.  smile.gif

i think shes under that little spell when she becomes the goddess because suitenga whispered those words into her ear.

--------------------

my onee-chan: xrninja :]

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Jul 17 2005, 09:42 PM
Post #33

Master Alchemist

He was an estheticist... if that is a real career XD I think he would evaluate your beauty by fondling you then make you pay him a boat load of yen tongue.gif

Also, yeah... I really don't like Ginza laugh.gif Even if you knew he could heal instantanuously, you don't shoot the poor guy mellow.gif

Mongoose's theory of the spell may be it, or he could have told her something that could cuase her to go mute from trauma @.@ We will have to wait till next Sunday to find out.. or longer. Hehe, what was with the Aztecan pyramid thing? The rest of the hall didn't look very Aztec to me =/

Why are there no long term villains besides Suitengu and... Nose Guy etc? I mean, I thought Rubberbandman would have been a pretty cool foe. It would be cool if Nose Guy had the virus too and kissed Kagura... I wonder what his power would be. A fight with him and Saiga would be cool.

...Personally, I didn't bother watching either ED all the way through. I didn't like the music, and from what I have seen, I didn't like the pictures as well. I don't see why they decided to change the OP in 12... then the ED in 13. Why not simultaneously...

--------------------

+Quote Post
mongooseboi
post Jul 17 2005, 10:48 PM
Post #34

^ the music in speed grapher isn't that great. OP and ED were both decent.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Jul 17 2005, 11:06 PM
Post #35

Master Alchemist

mellow.gif I like Girls On Film (is a lil addicted to Duran Duran now...)

I would have to agree. The overall music isn't great. There hasn't really been any sad parts, but if there are I am looking forward to see what kind of music they use... half the time I started tearing up in Chobits and GetBackers was because the music.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Jul 17 2005, 11:34 PM
Post #36

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

I must agree that one thing I definitely do not like about Speed Grapher is the music (other than the opening). Half the time, I don't even hear it. I don't even remember hearing it, which proves that it's not memorable at all.

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
mongooseboi
post Jul 18 2005, 09:48 PM
Post #37

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jul 17 2005, 09:42 PM)
He was an estheticist... if that is a real career XD I think he would evaluate your beauty by fondling you then make you pay him a boat load of yen tongue.gif
[snapback]216898[/snapback]

gg, i think ill study that field of..*cough* medicine *cough* biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Jul 18 2005, 09:59 PM
Post #38

Master Alchemist

^You say that now, but what happens when Joan Rivers comes to see you? Do you really want evaluate that 'beauty'? laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mongooseboi
post Jul 18 2005, 10:04 PM
Post #39

^thanks slash for runing my future profession tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Sep 6 2005, 03:07 PM
Post #40

Master Alchemist

I haven't posted here and I felt the latest ep deserved to be talked about. Wow, Suitenguu just got more interesting. I actually felt kind of bad for him after seeing his past childhood. Wow, after all that talk in the early episodes, he actually kind of hates people who will do anything for money. He seeemed like he was a money mongering person, but I suppose he just wanted the power. He says final battle at the end of the ep ._. Woo, something big should happen in the next ep or two.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Sep 6 2005, 03:15 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

Didn't I ask you to watch it a long time ago? And you only watched it just recently? biggrin.gif For shame, Slash. Tsk, tsk.

I'm curious to see whether Saiga and Suitengu will find out about each other regarding that incident, what with the music box melody and all. Concerning the music box thing, I thought that link (the music box) was a little cliché and reminds me of that one episode in Cowboy Bebop.

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Sep 6 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #42

Master Alchemist

Ahh, remember the episode of BeBop with teh music box as well (Jupiter Jazz Pts 1&2). And no, I watched it the day after you told me to, but I have been lazy and didn't post about it till now tongue.gif

I liek Suitenguu now a little bit more now though. he actually seems to have motives other than the power/money crazed freak he started out as tongue.gif They didn't even show Saiga the whole ep. I forget where he was headed actually. I can only recall that stupid fish episode that had absolutely no substance to it u_u

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Sep 6 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Sep 6 2005, 04:40 PM)
Ahh, remember the episode of BeBop with teh music box as well (Jupiter Jazz Pts 1&2). And no, I watched it the day after you told me to, but I have been lazy and didn't post about it till now tongue.gif

Good boy. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Sep 6 2005, 04:40 PM)
I liek Suitenguu now a little bit more now though. he actually seems to have motives other than the power/money crazed freak he started out as tongue.gif They didn't even show Saiga the whole ep. I forget where he was headed actually. I can only recall that stupid fish episode that had absolutely no substance to it u_u

Yes, it seems both of our initial impressions of Suitengu has changed with that episode. Quite sad, really, his story. I hated that fish episode. Total filler, really. Maybe they just liked the idea of her ability and stuck it in there.

I have also forgotten where Saiga is going. tongue.gif

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Oct 14 2005, 05:51 PM
Post #44

Master Alchemist

Well~

I have justed watched the series finale, and I have to say, I actually had lower expectations than what did happen mellow.gif Not that the ending was especially great. I liked how the ending was kind of sappy, but not as happy as it could be. I didn't hate Ginza as much at the end of the series as I did before. Suitengu is still a crazy SOB, but his past was pretty sad. It was sad and strange how he killed his sister with a drop of his blood O.o

Err... what happened to Shinsen again? She didn't die did she? They just... didn't show her since like episode 17 or so... ever.

The Prime Minister of Japan's power was so stupid. It was like a poorly drawn, mutated form of Gluttony's power. The show in general is kind of poorly drawn though. The sound guy was kind of oddly drawn too. I didn't like his character design much, and the whole speakers on the body has been done so many times. What happened to all their good power ideas like the TatooMan?

Speaking of powers, I guess that answered our question of why Tsujidou always has the nose-bit on... His power was kind of cool I guess, and I was actually sad when it looked like he died when Ginza shot him.

The fight wasn't as dramatic and the whole Sephiroth saving Saiga thing at the end wasn't exactly what I wanted. I wanted them to kill each other, darnit! Nonetheless, the ending was still pretty good. GinzaxDoctor Dude, haha, that was a pretty strange pairing that they made at the end. I don't know why they did that. It seemed highly unprobable and very random.

Oh well, I had many frustrations over waiting for new subs each week, but now it is over. It was a fairly good show with some freaky, eccentric ,disgusting characters and many strange sexual allusions, and that is why we loved it. isn't it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Goldfish
post Oct 14 2005, 09:18 PM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 4,843

*covers eyes* must . . . not . . . look!

I actually have been keeping up with this and I downloaded the last episodes, all ready to be watched tomorrow morning. I am actually quite surprised it is to end so quickly, but I guess that was inevitable when Kagura found out she's walking dead. Guess I'll read over these last posts more cafefully after I'm done.

Edit:
I have justed watched the series finale, and I have to say, I actually had lower expectations than what did happen mellow.gif Not that the ending was especially great. I liked how the ending was kind of sappy, but not as happy as it could be. I didn't hate Ginza as much at the end of the series as I did before. Suitengu is still a crazy SOB, but his past was pretty sad. It was sad and strange how he killed his sister with a drop of his blood O.o

I did have lower expectations as well. As anti-climactic as the final fight actually was, it could have been worse. I think I liked Suitengu in the end. He had the intentions, but just went about them in the wrong way/s (obviously). Yeah, I didn't quite get that whole sister dying thing. Was that an accident, or could he just not stand to see her like that?

Err... what happened to Shinsen again? She didn't die did she? They just... didn't show her since like episode 17 or so... ever.

Yeah, she died in Kagura's arms.

The fight wasn't as dramatic and the whole Sephiroth saving Saiga thing at the end wasn't exactly what I wanted. I wanted them to kill each other, darnit! Nonetheless, the ending was still pretty good. GinzaxDoctor Dude, haha, that was a pretty strange pairing that they made at the end. I don't know why they did that. It seemed highly unprobable and very random.

They had enough cool powers to make up for the bad ones, but really, they could have had really interesting matchups with a bit more creativity. Like the whole fire vs water type of idea.

That wasn't necessarily an official pairing, but hey, she's got to be with someone or she'd just be complaining the whole time.

Oh well, I had many frustrations over waiting for new subs each week, but now it is over. It was a fairly good show with some freaky, eccentric ,disgusting characters and many strange sexual allusions, and that is why we loved it. isn't it?

Don't kid yourself, you know you just liked the drag queen dancers. I think overall it was a really interesting story, and the strange, disgusting and sexual things do give it that original atmosphere and paint the corrupted society picture. Would have rather they been able to do the same thing without it, though.

You may say it's stupid that Saiga was saved in the end so as to have the fairly happy ending with Kagura, but give the guy a break. He became blind and has to live with the horribly funny irony of being able to take pictures he can't see.

--------------------
user posted image

I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2016 - 07:47 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css