Reply to this topicStart new topic
Speed Grapher, Girls on Film XD
Slashrose1010
post Jul 13 2005, 10:42 AM
Post #1

Master Alchemist

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,609

Speed Grapher (スピードグラファー Supīdo Gurafā?) is a 2005 anime series created by Gonzo. The series ran for 24 episodes from April to October 2005 on TV Asahi. In 2006.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: Ten years after the Bubble War, the dichotomy between the rich and the poor in the world becomes more prominent and Japan is no exception. The rich seeks to satisfy their desires and derive pleasure for themselves, and Tokyo has materialise into such a city as a result. Saiga, once a war photographer, works for Hibara Ginza in the capitalist state of Tokyo. He infiltrates into Roppongi Club, a secretive base located in the red district area of the city, to collect information about them. However, he was caught in the process and brought forward to a girl called Kagura who was in the midst of a ritual. His contact with Kagura awakens his special ability: the power to make things explode once photographed. In order to unravel the mystery behind the Roppongi Club and Kagura, Saiga begins his solitary battle.

Genres: drama, mystery, psychological, romance, supernatural
Themes: corruption, crime, crime organizations, photography, superhumans, superpowers
Episodes: 24
Age Rating: Mature
(Source - ANN)

-------

Aherm, yes, well, this is obviously a thread dedicated to Speed Grapher. Has anyone else seen it? I have said this a million times in like the past 2 days, but Suitengu's power is just cool tongue.gif If you haven't watched it yet, when you get to ep 11 you shall see for yourself. I kind of don't like that his look is so darn generic though.. basically, he looks exactly like the one-winged angel.

I think Saiga's ability is pretty cool too. I like the fight bewteen and the Doctor. And you just gotta love his green eyes wink.gif

One last thought, they changed the OP visuals (but not the song). I am not sure which one I like more yet. I think I like the new one more, but the old one was cool how they showed like a 2 second clip from the ep you are about to watch and the last frame is better IMO.

Edit: gah, I mispelled Speed XD I always do that! Gomen, can a mod fix that since the spelling will blind everyone? Thanks smile.gif

This post has been edited by A Pierrot's Aria: Feb 8 2011, 08:23 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Jul 13 2005, 03:39 PM
Post #2

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

Suitengu does remind me too much of Sephiroth, and I think, if my sources are correct, Suitengu's voice actor actually plays Sephiroth in FFVII: AC.

The fight between Saiga and the Doctor was a little disturbing. Well, perhaps I should just say that the Doctor is disturbing.

I like the new OP footage more than the first one. smile.gif

So many things they have yet to answer, and with the recent turn of events, I'm actually slightly anxious to see what will happen, and whether Kagura will last through all of it.

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Jul 13 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #3

Master Alchemist

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jul 13 2005, 06:39 PM)
Suitengu does remind me too much of Sephiroth, and I think, if my sources are correct, Suitengu's voice actor actually plays Sephiroth in FFVII: AC.

So many things they have yet to answer, and with the recent turn of events, I'm actually slightly anxious to see what will happen, and whether Kagura will last through all of it.

laugh.gif Really now? That is a bit much. When I saw his outfit half torn off and was standing behind the flames, the first thing that went through my mind was: Nibelheim. Then, when he made the wings I I just couldn't help but think Sephiroth laugh.gif Give him a black trench coat, a 7ft long sword and Mako green contacts and he is Sephiroth. Unfortunately, I hate their blood graphics... The color is far too light and just looks so flat.

Yes, I found a few things confusing... or maybe because they are unanswered? Like, Suitengu obviously has the same mark on his hand... He said it was a gift or whatever, also he said he had died once... I am not too sure what all that means, but hopefully they can clear it up in future eps. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Jul 13 2005, 05:43 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jul 13 2005, 06:04 PM)
Unfortunately, I hate their blood graphics... The color is far too light and just looks so flat.

I agree. The injuries look all right, but the blood really throws things off. They need darker colors.

Yes, I found a few things confusing... or maybe because they are unanswered?

[spoiler]Like how the lab, for some reason, had to keep Kagura from her first menstruation, which I assume may be linked to the "goddess" ability.[/spoiler]
Like, Suitengu obviously has the same mark on his hand... He said it was a gift or whatever, also he said he had died once...

[spoiler]Perhaps he's like a Frankenstein's monster, but died and pieced together afterwards, including the left hand of Shinsen's love.[/spoiler]
I'm beginning to think that you and I are the only ones here who watch Speed Grapher. laugh.gif

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Jul 13 2005, 06:17 PM
Post #5

Master Alchemist

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jul 13 2005, 08:43 PM)
[spoiler]Like how the lab, for some reason, had to keep Kagura from her first menstruation, which I assume may be linked to the "goddess" ability.[/spoiler]

Hehe, I assumed the same. It was kind of how the old guys would play with the fluids and touch her and all >_<;;
QUOTE(Quistis88)
[spoiler]Perhaps he's like a Frankenstein's monster, but died and pieced together afterwards, including the left hand of Shinsen's love.[/spoiler]
I'm beginning to think that you and I are the only ones here who watch Speed Grapherlaugh.gif

That is also what I assumed. That would explain all the wounds that open up when he uses his power.

Random, but I wonder why that guy keeps that nose piece on. It may just be for the look, but who knows, maybe he can smell even better with it off blink.gif

Also, Rubberbandman died fairly early. he wasn't a very important character, but I kind of wish he lived... unless some how he survived Saiga's attack.

btw, am I the only one who thinks Saiga is a lil attractive? laugh.gif He is the best looking guy in the show :3 Though, this show isn't especially well drawn anyway XP

And yes, I believe we are the only ones who watch SG laugh.gif Though, I did get my friend to DL some eps. But unfortunately she isn't a member here, nor does she watch too much anime. She is the one who got me into Visual Kei wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Jul 13 2005, 09:18 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jul 13 2005, 07:17 PM)
Hehe, I assumed the same. It was kind of how the old guys would play with the fluids and touch her and all >_<;;

Those parts are quite creepy. I wonder if Kagura knows that it's not exactly . . . right. Especially since she seems so sheltered and all.

That is also what I assumed. That would explain all the wounds that open up when he uses his power.

But the wounds just look like deep cuts, not pieces sewn together or anything. Oh, well, I'm sure that will be explained. But I am pretty confident that the marked hand was taken from Shinsen's fiancé.

Random, but I wonder why that guy keeps that nose piece on. It may just be for the look, but who knows, maybe he can smell even better with it off blink.gif

I think it's because his sense of smell is too sensitive, and therefore, he needs to protect his nose most of the time to keep all the other scents from damaging it. Who knows.

btw, am I the only one who thinks Saiga is a lil attractive? laugh.gif He is the best looking guy in the show :3 Though, this show isn't especially well drawn anyway XP

Best looking guy in the show? You're somehow selectively forgetting Suitengu? ph34r.gif

And yes, I believe we are the only ones who watch SG laugh.gif Though, I did get my friend to DL some eps. But unfortunately she isn't a member here, nor does she watch too much anime. She is the one who got me into Visual Kei wink.gif

That's all right. Two people are enough to carry on a discussion. biggrin.gif

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Jul 13 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #7

Master Alchemist

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jul 14 2005, 12:18 AM)
Those parts are quite creepy.  I wonder if Kagura knows that it's not exactly . . . right.  Especially since she seems so sheltered and all.

lol, that is a good point. She is kind of used to abuse and stuff so I am not sure if she would find such things strange...
QUOTE(Quistis88)
But the wounds just look like deep cuts, not pieces sewn together or anything.  Oh, well, I'm sure that will be explained.  But I am pretty confident that the marked hand was taken from Shinsen's fiancé.

Yes... did you notice that he said something like 'No, I am an original.'? I wonder what he meant by that. That was the response to Shinsen after she said that he was just a replacement.

QUOTE(Quistis88)
Best looking guy in the show?  You're somehow selectively forgetting Suitengu?  ph34r.gif

lol, Indeed. I prefer Sephiroth over him anyways. I just love green eyes tongue.gif

All's fair in Love and War. I thought it was kind of childish and b*tchy of Ginza to trick Kagura and sell her out like that. I wonder what Saiga will do when/if he finds out. I am not too fond of her character anyways. dry.gif She is so darn possessive of Saiga... I mean if he wants to do things with a highschool student while running away from Euphoria, Suitengu and his crew then I don't see what is wrong with that huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Jul 13 2005, 09:59 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jul 13 2005, 10:33 PM)
lol, that is a good point. She is kind of used to abuse and stuff so I am not sure if she would find such things strange...

That would be even creepier.

Yes... did you notice that he said something like 'No, I am an original.'? I wonder what he meant by that. That was the response to Shinsen after she said that he was just a replacement.

He did mention something about Shinsen's lover creating her body. Perhaps he also created him? In that sense, then maybe the hand isn't the lover's after all, but just a replica.

All's fair in Love and War. I thought it was kind of childish and b*tchy of Ginza to trick Kagura and sell her out like that. I wonder what Saiga will do when/if he finds out. I am not too fond of her character anyways. dry.gif

Other than the fact that she's good at kicking butt, I don't like anything about her.

She is so darn possessive of Saiga... I mean if he wants to do things with a highschool student while running away from Euphoria, Suitengu and his crew then I don't see what is wrong with that huh.gif

Saiga has too much honor to become a pedophile, therefore, no matter what his feelings may be(come), he will try his best to avoid such a situation.

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis

+Quote Post
mongooseboi
post Jul 13 2005, 10:00 PM
Post #9

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 10,556

what genre does speed grapher fall into, i've heard some weird stories from my friends who watch it.

--------------------

my onee-chan: xrninja :]

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Jul 13 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Jul 13 2005, 11:00 PM)
what genre does speed grapher fall into, i've heard some weird stories from my friends who watch it.

The genre that it falls into? Not sure. Thriller? Help me, Slash. biggrin.gif

What sort of weird stories?

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Jul 13 2005, 10:07 PM
Post #11

Master Alchemist

@Quis: yes, I know Saiga isn't like that laugh.gif I was just playing :3 btw, I like that thought on Suitengu's hand. It makes pretty good sense and could very well be plausible blink.gif

The New Tattoo guy kind of is interesting.. his power at least.

@Mongoose: It is erm... Action/Ecchi? It has some near nudity and some asses and such and a good deal of sexual content but doesn't really show much. It has people with freaky powers, but what anime doesn't tongue.gif It isn't that great in the beginning, but it gets better as Saiga gains his power etc. I would say it is wortha look.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mongooseboi
post Jul 14 2005, 01:08 AM
Post #12

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 10,556

haha what a strange anime. is there any pairings at all? action/ecchi without romance is like..girls bravo season 2 all over again haha.

--------------------

my onee-chan: xrninja :]

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Jul 14 2005, 08:02 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jul 13 2005, 11:07 PM)
The New Tattoo guy kind of is interesting.. his power at least.

I never did like spiders, so he is creepy, too. Heck, the whole anime is creepy in a sense.

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jul 13 2005, 11:07 PM)
@Mongoose: It is erm... Action/Ecchi? It has some near nudity and some asses and such and a good deal of sexual content but doesn't really show much. It has people with freaky powers, but what anime doesn't tongue.gif It isn't that great in the beginning, but it gets better as Saiga gains his power etc. I would say it is wortha look.

I think for an action/ecchi anime like this one, the plot moves rather fast.

QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Jul 14 2005, 02:08 AM)
haha what a strange anime. is there any pairings at all? action/ecchi without romance is like..girls bravo season 2 all over again haha.

There is the pairing of Ginza/Saiga, but I am inclined to believe that their relationship is primarily physical, whereas there seems to be something a lot concrete going on with the potential of Kagura/Saiga. There's also the Suitengu/Shinsen bit, but that's not going to happen, what with the recent turn of events. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Jul 14 2005, 12:55 PM
Post #14

Master Alchemist

laugh.gif Yes, the whole anime is pretty creepy in general...

Yes, SaigaxGinza is pretty much just physical :3 too bad Kagura is a minor, they would make a good couple I guess... I thought it moved pretty fast too. In the beginning it didn't have too much substance, but once it got to around episode 8 it had all these events that triggered one another.

[spoiler]ohmy.gif but in ep.12 wasn't it implied that Suitengu was going to marry Kagura huh.gif or am I confused on something? Maybe I should watch that scene again...[/spoiler]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Jul 14 2005, 05:58 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jul 14 2005, 01:55 PM)
Yes, SaigaxGinza is pretty much just physical :3 too bad Kagura is a minor, they would make a good couple I guess...

I also support Kagura/Saiga, even if there is that age gap.

I thought it moved pretty fast too. In the beginning it didn't have too much substance, but once it got to around episode 8 it had all these events that triggered one another.

I thought it moved pretty quickly for your average anime in the first episode. I am grateful that they did not drag out the part where Saiga finds out about the secret society. He could've taken ages gathering clues.

[spoiler]ohmy.gif but in ep.12 wasn't it implied that Suitengu was going to marry Kagura huh.gif or am I confused on something? Maybe I should watch that scene again...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yes, that is more than implied, I believe. But just because he's going to marry her doesn't mean he actually will. laugh.gif [/spoiler]

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 12:55 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css