HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Winry Or Rose? Who do you like better?, (This is NOT "which one do you like for Ed" poll!!)
Who's your favourite?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 405
Guests cannot vote 
Luxuria-Cat
post Sep 8 2010, 02:03 PM
Post #346

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,340

I like both of them. In the manga, Roze gets less time and is a different and smaller character. I like her in both, and I like Winry in both. I don't really think Winry is a crybaby though, I would be emotional in her circumstances too...just maybe not as open about it. I think they're both interesting and likable. Although I find more common ground with Roze's personality. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Sep 11 2010, 09:42 AM
Post #347

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,416

Now this is a tough one. I really don' like either but I must say Roze is the better one.

For Winry, she is an okay character. She is independent (to some extent) and practical woman who continues the family business of making automails. She is an orphan whose parents died in a war. She is loved and admired by everyone who meet her (Mary-Sue?) and has her eyes set on the main character.

It's not that Winry isn't interesting. To me, she is repeating the basic main female characters traits. A pretty girl who does ungirly things and fights with her best friend/ love interest. Sure her character develops and she grows through hardships.

Roze... we don't know much about her. She is older than Winry and was in love but her lover died. The impact of hte dead sent her into depression and suidical thoughts but she overcame it all through religion. She and her town were used as puppets. Then Edward came and made her snap back into her senses.

In anime Roze is very underrated. This was because manga was more focused on the Edwin relationship so there could not be another female; fans might have started thinking Edward was cheating on Winry. In anime 1, Roze becomes a very strong woman who keeps her moral even in war. Then after she is raped by a soldier, the trauma leaves her mute but she keeps the child and loves him with all her heart. That really shows there is something in the character. Rape is never easy and I've read some people can barely look at their children because they remind them of the horrible things they had to come through. Yet, Rose keeps caring for the baby, always thinking of his safety before anything else.

Winry and Rose are both okay characters but Rose is a stronger one. She gets depressed but lifts her head again. She acts more like a real human whereas Winry, when facing a trauma, shakes the depression away and acts strong. I like Rose because she is more human, with all her faults and merits.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Sep 16 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #348

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

Lol winry 100% hands down XD I think I'd choose any fma character over Rose, in fma anime1 she was an absoloute torment, I couldn't stand her, in the manga shes much improved but no where near to the awesome of winry's character, also she's barely in it...maybe that's why I prefer her manga version XD I was quite indifferent to Winry in the begining, but as the manga story progressed I really got to like her as she developed as a character

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Dec 29 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #349

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

Winry for sure.

I like Rose too though. (Specifically manga Rose. I didn't care much for her in the first anime.)

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
Fullmetal666
post Dec 29 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #350

Citizen

Member No.: 71,879

Rose gets my vote. I just think that she's a more interesting character.
She has her whole belief system challenged.
Winry is mean at times(like when she throws her wrench at Ed.)

--------------------
Lust: Maybe you are right. Where did I come from, and where will I go when I die? Maybe all this time, that is what I wanted... the freedom to find out.

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post Dec 29 2010, 09:54 PM
Post #351

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,845

Definetely Winry.

I like Rose and all (manga/Brotherhood Rose, first anime Rose is just terrible >.>) but she just can't compare.

--------------------

Roy x Riza ~ Ling x Lan Fan ~ Ed x Winry ~ Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Dec 30 2010, 04:29 PM
Post #352

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

Winry, for sure! She's strong, independent, developed, and doesn't take crap from anyone. Plus, she's got her soft and feminine side as well. What would the Elric brothers do without her, I have no idea. XD She's basically my role model.

Rose...she only appears in what? 2 scenes? She's cute, yes, but...not as much as Winry is! :3 Plus, no offense, but Winry has a more interesting personality than Rose...but that's probably due to the fact that she doesn't have very many scenes. I like how she was in the second time she appeared though. biggrin.gif

And anime!Rose? Let's not go there. I don't hate her, but I hate what the anime makers did to her. They made her have a pathetic sob-story...>.< Rather than learning a lesson and moving on, she was put into pits of despair yet again. I dunno, I'm just not a fan of overly angsty stories, I guess.

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Jan 1 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #353

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,416

QUOTE (rosieechan @ Dec 31 2010, 01:29 AM) *
And anime!Rose? Let's not go there. I don't hate her, but I hate what the anime makers did to her. They made her have a pathetic sob-story...>.< Rather than learning a lesson and moving on, she was put into pits of despair yet again. I dunno, I'm just not a fan of overly angsty stories, I guess.

I seriously don't understand the hate towards the Anime 1 being sob story. Don't take any offence but I think in an emotional level Fma 1 was more realistic. Sure, it was angsty as hell but in a good way. It was sort of a darker take on the world. I mean, you can't get everything. While Manga was all like "Let's not memorize the past!" Anime 1 was more realistic. The characters really felt the pain they went through. Roze went through a lot of pain and was traumatized and I think that was a very risque move but it worked. I have nothing against head-strong characters but I don't find them interesting.
Maybe my preferance for the other types, the more emotional ones attributes to my Psychology studies. In Anime 1 Roze, you see a person. Winry is more stereotyped but Roze feels human, someone who really went through a lot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Jan 1 2011, 07:36 PM
Post #354

Apprentice

QUOTE (Misty- Nala @ Jan 1 2011, 04:48 PM) *
QUOTE (rosieechan @ Dec 31 2010, 01:29 AM) *

I seriously don't understand the hate towards the Anime 1 being sob story. Don't take any offence but I think in an emotional level Fma 1 was more realistic. Sure, it was angsty as hell but in a good way. It was sort of a darker take on the world. I mean, you can't get everything. While Manga was all like "Let's not memorize the past!" Anime 1 was more realistic. The characters really felt the pain they went through. Roze went through a lot of pain and was traumatized and I think that was a very risque move but it worked. I have nothing against head-strong characters but I don't find them interesting.
Maybe my preferance for the other types, the more emotional ones attributes to my Psychology studies. In Anime 1 Roze, you see a person. Winry is more stereotyped but Roze feels human, someone who really went through a lot.

Nah, it's just my personal preference. In any fandom, I like girls (or really, characters) who have motivation and development rather than those of angst-filled and traumatized backgrounds. Sorry if you don't agree.

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Jan 2 2011, 12:57 AM
Post #355

Apprentice

Member No.: 73,733

Winry.

Rose is a nice girl but we really don't see much of her. Of course I do sometimes like characters we see less of than main ones but it does help to know more about a character and see them do more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Jan 2 2011, 09:27 AM
Post #356

Apprentice

QUOTE (Misty- Nala @ Jan 1 2011, 04:48 PM) *

I was in a rush last time, so I'm going to reply again.

Winry, to me, is developed much better than Rose. Why? Because she has realistic traits. I can list her likes, dislikes, fears, goals, hobbies, strengths, weaknesses, personality traits/quirks, and so on. She is a true character, and is developed beautifully. With Rose, all I have is story and character.

Winry is funny, cute, and lovable. She has her good as well as bad moments. I can see her being one of my best friends in real life because of her traits. With Rose, she is more of a symbolic character only as a beneficial part to the plot than an actual character; I can't relate to her at all. I mean, you only know so much about her.

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

+Quote Post
Luxuria-Cat
post Jan 2 2011, 01:29 PM
Post #357

Citizen

Member No.: 75,340

^ I kind of see where you come from on Roze, since I think the studio in the first anime focused more on what had happened to rather than who she was and to an extent that happened in the manga too. However I feel like I can relate more with Roze becuase her personality traits are closer to mine and I see myself in some of the ways she deals with things.
By the way, cool avatar. smile.gif

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Jan 2 2011, 02:59 PM
Post #358

Apprentice

QUOTE (Luxuria-Cat @ Jan 2 2011, 03:29 PM) *
^ I kind of see where you come from on Roze, since I think the studio in the first anime focused more on what had happened to rather than who she was and to an extent that happened in the manga too. However I feel like I can relate more with Roze becuase her personality traits are closer to mine and I see myself in some of the ways she deals with things.

Exactly. smile.gif

By the way, cool avatar. smile.gif

Thank you! It's Ron and Hermione from Harry Potter, my other love besides FMA.

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

+Quote Post
ElricsLongLostSi...
post Jan 3 2011, 06:49 PM
Post #359

Citizen

Member No.: 76,157

I totally see what you mean about winry having more character. In the original maga, you only meet rose in chapter one, and then ages later in volume 19, so she doesn't have much space for development, whereas winry you see a lot more of and has time to become a 'real person' in a way.

--------------------
--------------------
I do as the Signature commands:

FMA
If you have attempted alchemy by clapping your
hands, snapping, or drawing an array, copy and
paste this into your signature

+Quote Post
ElricAbuse
post Feb 27 2011, 07:37 AM
Post #360

Citizen

Member No.: 78,098

Whoa, this is a tough question since I pretty much hate both of them (let's not get into that). I vote Rose!

--------------------
Abusing the Elrics is punishable by law (not really, but it should be!)

If you have attempted alchemy by clapping your
hands, snapping, or drawing an array, copy and
paste this into your signature

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 07:42 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css