About Bradley.., SPOILERS
Kodachrome
post Aug 29 2004, 09:18 PM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 146

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 29 2004, 04:25 PM)
Well... in episode 47, Dante says that she created Bradley to age at the same rate as humans...

Since Greed knows Pride, Bradley is the image of a 130+ year old human?  blink.gif

God that's lame. She "made" him to do that? That is absolutely retarded for multiple reasons: How the hell do humans have control over wtf they want their Homunculi to be like? -____- A homunculus is an accident...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Aug 30 2004, 08:18 AM
Post #17

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

QUOTE(Kodachrome @ Aug 30 2004, 04:18 AM)
QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 29 2004, 04:25 PM)
Well... in episode 47, Dante says that she created Bradley to age at the same rate as humans...

Since Greed knows Pride, Bradley is the image of a 130+ year old human?  blink.gif

God that's lame. She "made" him to do that? That is absolutely retarded for multiple reasons: How the hell do humans have control over wtf they want their Homunculi to be like? -____- A homunculus is an accident...

Ep. 44; 12:31

Hohenheim: "Homunculi do not naturally take the form of humans, or of anything when they are born. When presented with red stones as a source of nutrients, they gain a specific power and shape."

Mustang: "They use human lives as food?!"

Hohenheim: "Little by little, they are able to change their appearance, as if they are aging... and they could adopt children. But ultimately, they are homunculi."

...sometimes, you just have to suspend your disbelief and remember that it's anime...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 30 2004, 05:15 PM
Post #18

Guests

Bradley's "specific power" is not aging but the Ultimate Eye.

Bacon, there are rules that an anime sets for itself, and the breaking of those rules creates plot holes.

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Aug 30 2004, 05:52 PM
Post #19

Gallery Mod Emeritus

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 31 2004, 12:15 AM)

Bacon, there are rules that an anime sets for itself, and the breaking of those rules creates plot holes.

Who says there can't be two powers?
Who says Dante didn't use some sort of special alchemy on Pride that allows him to 'age'?

You're really nitpicking.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 30 2004, 07:00 PM
Post #20

Guests

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 31 2004, 12:51 AM)
Who says Dante didn't use some sort of special alchemy on Pride that allows him to 'age'?

Hohenheim says that homunkulus can alter their appearance slightly(ep44), he knows nothing of the specifics of Pride or Greed or other homunkulus that he did not make, he's making a guess or based on knowledge of the homunkulus that he created, in this case, Envy which is the only homunkulus that was actually shown to be a shapechanger, in which case his knowledge is biased on Envy's abilities.

However Dante (Pride's creator) said she made Pride to age at a human rate (ep46).

Therefore Dante being the creator of Pride is supposed to be the correct explanation for Pride.

+Quote Post
Kodachrome
post Aug 30 2004, 09:32 PM
Post #21

Apprentice

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 31 2004, 12:51 AM)
QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 31 2004, 12:15 AM)

If Pride has two powers, why can't everyone else have two powers?

+Quote Post
ZetaStriker
post Aug 30 2004, 11:03 PM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 14

If Pride has two powers, why can't everyone else have two powers?

Dante: Did Pride bring enough powers for the rest of the class? [/bad joke]

+Quote Post
Kodachrome
post Aug 31 2004, 12:13 AM
Post #23

Apprentice

Pride: Yes. D: I brought Envy the power of Gender Disconfusion, Greed the power of the Gambling, Lust the power of Birth Control, Gluttony ate his new power on the way to class, Wrath was pissed off and didn't accept the power I tried to give him, and Sloth was too lazy to look at the power I brought for her. =,(

+Quote Post
MaesHughes33
post Aug 31 2004, 06:13 AM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 525

Okay.... So now I'm curious, what exactly DOES the Ultimate Eye do???? He can see through things??? That doesnt make any sense, it doesnt have anything to do with alchemy.

--------------------
Your sig pic is too wide. Please shrink it to less than 500 pix wide. Thank you!! :)

Forgive Me. I have a wife and child waiting at home.
-Maes' Last Words

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Aug 31 2004, 07:47 AM
Post #25

Gallery Mod Emeritus

QUOTE(Kodachrome @ Aug 31 2004, 07:13 AM)
Pride: Yes. D: I brought Envy the power of Gender Disconfusion, Greed the power of the Gambling, Lust the power of Birth Control, Gluttony ate his new power on the way to class, Wrath was pissed off and didn't accept the power I tried to give him, and Sloth was too lazy to look at the power I brought for her. =,(

laugh.gif Good show.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ScaR
post Aug 31 2004, 08:58 AM
Post #26

Apprentice

Member No.: 137

(Kodachrome @ Aug 31 2004, 07:13 AM)

Good show.

yea it really was biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Okay.... So now I'm curious, what exactly DOES the Ultimate Eye do???? He can see through things??? That doesnt make any sense, it doesnt have anything to do with alchemy

dunno how to explain... he can see what everyone does.... :S or none can really hurt him.. cuz he can sorta anticipate what your gonna do... :S
i can't find a word to explain... it will probably come one soon happy.gif

+Quote Post
Kodachrome
post Aug 31 2004, 07:27 PM
Post #27

Apprentice

If I ever get the opportunity to put lines like that in the future parody episodes, I will. ;D

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Aug 31 2004, 08:33 PM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 511

I think Envy has 2 powers, I mean, who else can knock someone else's head in a single blow???

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
Hym
post Sep 3 2004, 02:11 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 599

Yeah apparently the ultimate eye helps pride to anticipate things, just like in cowboy bebop , the drug called " red eye ". He also seems to be very fast .
But actually it seems like envy hided a lot of his powers^^ he looks to have an incredible strengh , after all he was supposed to kill a whole army , barely hard to handle with only a shapeshifting power^^.
But i have many questions about envy. Dante said envy was supposed to be the " dear son " of hohenheim , but hohenheim said that trisha was the only woman he loved , so hohenheim when he created envy didn't trie to recreate a lost son like izumi did... So Who did he trie to recreate ?
Another point : envy said that he cant remember his former appearence , that means that it will be pretty hard to know who he was supposed to be , So i think that hohenheim when he created envy , tried to make a son from nothing , he just wanted to create a song or somethin...

+Quote Post
Vael
post Sep 3 2004, 03:15 PM
Post #30

Alchemists

Member No.: 198

Just because you love someone doesn't mean you were disillusioned 300 years prior and had a child by someone else. I'm thinking that the pre-homunculus Envy was the son by Hohenheim and Dante, who died in a freak accident and was resurrected, or he is the creation of Hohenheim purely, like was said above. I'm more thinking the former, though, because it goes better with the storyline.

--------------------
"May be innocent, may be sweet, but not half as nice as rotting meat..." -Blix, Legend

"Alles, was ich glaubte
was mir meine Hoffnung gab
ging mit Dir an diesem Tage
Als - für mich - die Liebe starb

Mein Glaube an die Liebe
das es Sie jemals gab
Ging mit Dir an diesem Tage
Als für mich die Liebe starb..."
-L'Ame Immortelle, Tiefster Winter

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 02:39 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css