HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

36 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tell Us About Your Beliefs/religions
So, what do you believe in? (or, what is your religion?)
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 157
Guests cannot vote 
wolfi1412
post Aug 26 2004, 10:57 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 369

<Edited to add "Islam" and "Other Christian Religion (please specify)" to the poll choices. And, changed thread title from "your beliefs" to "Tell us about your Beliefs/religions" and corrcted poll title and question from "or what's ur religion" to "or, what is your religion?" And, corrected Atheist poll choice from "dont' believe in any kind of religion" to "don't believe in existence of god/gods" 03/19/07 ~Tombow>

just curious... so, do u believe in any?

--------------------
Vine Alchemist
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thievesvinegar
post Aug 26 2004, 11:32 PM
Post #2

Brigadier General

Member No.: 354

Well if you're curious, i do not have a religion nor am i an atheist. I'm the type who goes around and takes what she likes.

--------------------

Member of G.O.O.P.

10,000 roman lions can't be wrong! Bring back the Circus Maximus!

+Quote Post
Fullmetal Alchem...
post Aug 27 2004, 02:57 AM
Post #3

Apprentice

Member No.: 80

well im the same as Thievesvinegar i don't go to church or anything

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Aug 27 2004, 03:33 AM
Post #4

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 330

I got home-schooled by 'Jehova's Witnesses' some time ago. I believe in God, Jesus and Paradise. ^__^

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
chloe
post Aug 27 2004, 03:33 AM
Post #5

Apprentice

Member No.: 19

hmm... almost my entire life from kindergarten up to now i have been in catholic school and christen school (or school's belief that base of christen, i've changed from school to school, y'know) so i am still deeply attached to catholic
I am not officially a Christen/Catholic, and i don't believe the entire bible, but i do believe in almost all of their way of ethics

--------------------
user posted image
thanks rsf ^^

+Quote Post
RolfKaese
post Aug 27 2004, 04:32 AM
Post #6

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 43

Atheist, in germany we say "Heide".
i dont believe in anything but myself (if we talk about religion, not social believeness).

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
WarzoneCommand
post Aug 27 2004, 06:31 AM
Post #7

Citizen

Member No.: 317

QUOTE(RolfKaese @ Aug 27 2004, 01:32 PM)
Atheist, in germany we say "Heide".
i dont believe in anything but myself (if we talk about religion, not social believeness).

Hhehe here in Holland it is too ( only you write it like this "heiden" ) But anyway, on topic then:

My mom and dad are catholic so I sould be too, but I don't realy beleve in anything so I'm a logical atheist

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chibi Viki
post Aug 27 2004, 08:24 AM
Post #8

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 32

question: what's the difference between being a christian and a catholic?

(MJHERMI) Hehehehe... am interrupting Viki's message right now because she's using MY computer... anyway, yeah, what *is* the difference...?

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
WarzoneCommand
post Aug 27 2004, 09:12 AM
Post #9

Citizen

Member No.: 317

QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Aug 27 2004, 05:23 PM)

(MJHERMI) Hehehehe... am interrupting Viki's message right now because she's using MY computer...  anyway, yeah, what *is* the difference...?

The religian is "Christianity" it is split in 2 "Cahtolics" and "Protestants" ( don't know if I translated it right ) Catholic is the original christianity, protestantism split off in the 16'th century, the protestants were against the statues in churches etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RolfKaese
post Aug 27 2004, 10:43 AM
Post #10

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 43

so its like a protestant believes in god and has sex, a catholic believe in god and does'nt has sex.

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Aug 27 2004, 02:30 PM
Post #11

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 30

i am christian... and i hope to be a born-again... some time^^^^^^^^

QUOTE(WarzoneCommand @ Aug 27 2004, 05:11 PM)
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Aug 27 2004, 05:23 PM)

(MJHERMI) Hehehehe... am interrupting Viki's message right now because she's using MY computer...  anyway, yeah, what *is* the difference...?

The religian is "Christianity" it is split in 2 "Cahtolics" and "Protestants" ( don't know if I translated it right ) Catholic is the original christianity, protestantism split off in the 16'th century, the protestants were against the statues in churches etc.

the protestants were against mary as a holy one!..... and they were against Paul, and Petrus, and martin, and all the others as holy ones.......

Jesus is the only holy one!!

--------------------
IPB Image

"Two things fulfill my mind with always new and increasing admiration and reverence the more frequently and continuously i think about it busily:
the sky full of stars above me and the moral law inside of me..." (Immanuel Kant)

+Quote Post
Thievesvinegar
post Aug 27 2004, 06:33 PM
Post #12

Brigadier General

Member No.: 354

Satanism doesn't sound too bad, it's a very individulaistic religion. the thing is, most people think it's so bad becasue of the misconceptions, but once you try to find evidence for most of the negative things, there are none.

--------------------

Member of G.O.O.P.

10,000 roman lions can't be wrong! Bring back the Circus Maximus!

+Quote Post
wolfi1412
post Aug 27 2004, 09:45 PM
Post #13

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 369

well, actually Catholic comes from Rome, and in "Jesus" times, there are no such thing as "protestants" and "catholics", I think until some Roman ruler order the whole nation to believe in God, and so.. there u go.. Catholics are currently more to be called Roman Catholic.. and I don't think Protestants didn't deny Paul, Peter, etc, etc, I think the one who started 'Protestants' was Martin Luther. He PROTESTED the Roman Catholic church because of a problem thing.. so they called it "Protestants"
Mary is to be called the "Holy Mother" (I think) in the Catholics, but protestants only believe that Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit is the Holy One, well obviously because they're not humans! Mary is a human, so there's a BIG difference.. Jesus was human, but he didnt' sin at all, so he's holy.
Roman Catholic have more rules (I knw, coz my school used to be a Catholic school)
and, if I'm not wrong, they deny the statues in the churches, because those statues might be wrong... No one ever knows what does Peter, John, Luke, (and the rest of 12 disciples), Jesus, and Mary looks like. Even the picture "The Last Supper" by Da Vinci was by Da Vinci's own imagination.
phew.. so does that sort of explain?

--------------------
Vine Alchemist
user posted image

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Aug 28 2004, 09:09 AM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 30

did you all know how the religion of the catholics with Mary as their Mother was created?!?!
in the Bible, Mary is never mentioned as often as Jesus, so it's more sure that Jesus is the really and only God..

The Romans in the early years(around<100) searched a religion which was christian and would persuade most of the Roman people... The Romans thought that the Christians weren't as bad as they thought, cause you could rely on them and they are peaceful.
But the Roman reigners wanted that all the Romans believed in Christianity to be good in their doings.

And because at that time, most of the Roman people were believing in nature Gods or stones or in fertile Gods like Artemis who had 1000 breasts in order to give milk to many children..
That's why the Romans said -> "Mary is the new God" she is Christian and she is a woman(sign of fertility), so that many will be convinced of this religion in future...

That's how it was... the Bible was "reinterpreted" from the Roman rulers, what is not right only in order to "christianize" many people...
On the one hand, it's good that more people got christian, but they believed in the wrong things^^;;;

--------------------
IPB Image

"Two things fulfill my mind with always new and increasing admiration and reverence the more frequently and continuously i think about it busily:
the sky full of stars above me and the moral law inside of me..." (Immanuel Kant)

+Quote Post
Hope
post Aug 28 2004, 06:44 PM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 441

Artemis/Diana wasn't the goddess of fertility. She was a virgin, and basically the patron goddess of women who eschewed the company of men. She was also the goddess of the moon and the hunt. She certainly didn't have 1,000 breasts, and as she had never had sexual intercourse, let alone had a child, even if she did, they wouldn't give any milk.

Also, I think that the question wasn't "What's the difference between Protestant and Catholic?" but rather "What's the difference between Christian and Catholic?". It was a mistake in the poll up there - the options are "christian" and "catholic," rather than "protestant" and "catholic."

Personally, I'm atheist. It works out well; I sleep in on Sundays, and can blaspheme to my heart's content. Whee.

--------------------
"You're older than you've ever been - and now you're even older; and now you're even older; and now you're even older; you're older than you've ever been, and now you're even older, and now you're older still." -They Might Be Giants

+Quote Post

36 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 09:08 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css