HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

53 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Abortion, I'm serious...
Are you for or against abortion?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 240
Guests cannot vote 
Le Monkey
post Jun 29 2005, 07:05 AM
Post #46

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,167

Depends really..

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JudasPriest1
post Jun 29 2005, 02:27 PM
Post #47

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,573

I support abortion what a woman does with her body is her own decision so scrue you christian bastards and go your non existant hell.I've said my opinion so I'm gonna go eat something cause I'm starved.

--------------------
My family
Sister to Waterose
\m/>_<\m/ "rock on" I would like to warn all of you that I tend to go insane at times please excuse me. Thank you. I SUPPORT PACO!!!! JOIN THE SQUIRREL ARMY!!! THE WORLD ASSOCIATION OF NOOBS join in the fight for noob rights and parties

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Jun 29 2005, 03:11 PM
Post #48

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

@NightMistress:

Thanks! I'm glad you like the article.

QUOTE(Lord Odenetheus @ Jun 29 2005, 12:29 AM)
You mention that not all those who wih abortion have comitted a sinful act. Well, those who are christian (which I am not, by the way) are supposed to be practising chastity. The marriage was created in the old jew religion, since their "task" was to fill the earth. The christians have marriage for those who cannot control their lusts.

Anyone know what Augustinus said? "Grant me chastity, but not yet". He had one of the worst sexual drives recorded in history, yet he managed later on. Shouldn't that mean that everyone can manage?
[snapback]201929[/snapback]

You're pretty gung ho about the whole abstance thing for someone who is not a christian. And marriage is not for people who can't control their lust marriage is suppose to be between two people who love each other and want to spend the rest of thier lives together.

Oh yes, Saint Augustine yes he did manage to live a chaste life after his debaucherous livestyle but remember you have to perform a miracle to become a saint maybe that was his. laugh.gif

But I've never cared much for him anyway he was the one that come up with the whole "all women are evil" thing when he was the one with the out of control sexual appetite.

+Quote Post
the sellout
post Jun 29 2005, 03:25 PM
Post #49

Citizen

Member No.: 15,294

See, although it goes against my religion, I believe that it should be a woman's choice to do what she wants with her body; therefore, I believe abortion should be legal, period.

I see sometimes a lot of people blaming the couple (especially young ones) for not using any birth control methods, and most of the time I agree, it's their fault; however, you ought to keep in mind most of the young people in America are completely clueless when it comes to birth control, and I don't even hestitate when I say that it's completely the government's fault. I firmly believe that if young kids were given a proper sexual education class in school, it would reduce abortion rate considerably. But with the current government's extremely conservative, I don't see that happening anytime soon. That's why I pray daily (I do a great deal more than praying, believe me, I'm a very politically active child) that next year we get these right-wing nuts out of power.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Hughes_ImissYou
post Jun 29 2005, 05:00 PM
Post #50

Citizen

Member No.: 15,936

Hm, I am aginest it, they had unsafe sex to get pregnated, Just because the babie is inside you doesnt mean it should have to suffer death before birth...

--------------------
user posted image .....

+Quote Post
Tamago
post Jun 29 2005, 05:37 PM
Post #51

Citizen

Member No.: 7,364

I say that if I got knocked up, I wouldent a want that lil ****er! GO FREE WILL!!!! blink.gif

--------------------
WEEEEEE!!!!!! Tama was HERE!!

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Jun 29 2005, 06:08 PM
Post #52

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

QUOTE(Hughes_ImissYou @ Jun 30 2005, 12:00 AM)
Hm, I am aginest it,  they had unsafe sex to get pregnated, Just because the babie is inside you doesnt mean it should have to suffer death before  birth...
[snapback]202324[/snapback]

Mississippi, or Alabama?

--------------------

+Quote Post
WhiteMike
post Jun 29 2005, 07:49 PM
Post #53

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,953

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Jun 29 2005, 08:08 PM)
QUOTE(Hughes_ImissYou @ Jun 30 2005, 12:00 AM)
Hm, I am aginest it, they had unsafe sex to get pregnated, Just because the babie is inside you doesnt mean it should have to suffer death before birth...
[snapback]202324[/snapback]

Mississippi, or Alabama?
[snapback]202387[/snapback]

wow, oh god, my head...

--------------------
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug...
user posted image
...Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.

+Quote Post
Ed#1Fan2.0
post Jun 29 2005, 09:30 PM
Post #54

Alchemists

Member No.: 15,439

hhmmm well i think it depends on the situation.if she was having careless sex she should have never done that in the 1st place,if she was raped she should be able to not keep the baby,and if she would be unable to support the baby then she should also have the wright to decide what she wants.Any woman has that wright.it is the womens body and she should be able 2 do what she wants with it.so with me it depends on the situation and stuff like that.this was an interesting question.

+Quote Post
DameGreyWulf
post Jul 29 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #55

Alchemists

Member No.: 18,345

I voted depends
Quotes from smart people I know:

QUOTE(dollsoldier @ Duelist Underground)
It's better for the children if they are born into homes when both parents (or at very least, the mother) are financially, emotionally, and mentally able to take care of them, and fully willing to do so as well. If that means aborting the child because they feel they're not ready to do all of that, more power to them. For the sake of child, it's imprtant to have abortions available to pregnant women.

And I hate when people who say "But they can just put them up for adoption" as if it's the magical cure to all their problems. As if parents can just put unwanted children into orphanages, never think about us anymore, and still feel morally superior. A lot of kids don't get adopted, don't get taken care of by the orphanage, oftentimes they're even put into abusive situations by the people who adopt them. And a lot of orphans end up on the street anyway. Sure, maybe people living in that situation grow up and make something of themselves. Most of us become murderers, gang members, thieves, rapists, and whores. Sometimes because we can't survive any other way. When I got arrested a few years back I had an interesting conversation with someone working at the juvenille court, who said that the vast majority of all criminals, young and old, had problems with their parents. If everyone who was forced into having a child before they were ready because they didn't believe in abortion had actually aborted their kid, I am damn sure there would be less criminals walking the streets. Abortions are, in general, beneficial to the general good of society.

Anyone who says quantity of life is better than quality has never spent entire years of their childhood wondering as they went to sleep if they would wake up in the morning.

--------------------
~Right From The Sky, We Are Born Crazy; Right From The Sky We Are Born To Be Wild~

user posted image
-----------------------------------------------------
.::Forum Family::.
Sisters: Chibi Reina, darkangelslayer, StrawberryShampoo
----------------------------------------------
.::CREDITS::.
Signature made by Dark Andy @ Duelist-Underground

+Quote Post
Shizuka85
post Aug 21 2005, 10:38 AM
Post #56

Citizen

Member No.: 18,896

I am against abortion. I believe it is murder.

+Quote Post
MiyokoChan
post Aug 22 2005, 11:10 AM
Post #57

Citizen

Member No.: 18,931

Argh, did someone really start this topic? *Has had many an arguement over it* I suppose it had to come sometime...and I can't just not post...

Pro-Choice. All the way. The woman has a right to choose, because yes, the fetus is a part of her body. There are lots of different situations dealing with abortion, so a person cannot lump everyone who wants an abortion in the category of "careless". I say if you don't want an abortion, don't get one. Don't make other people suffer, and possibly die. (Because there are the instances where if the woman does not get an abortion, she will die.) "Morality" should not be a part of this, because it is only one set of "morals"- as if the "morals" of one religion should govern all people. Sex

I really think this could go on an on, but I've said enough for now...

+Quote Post
fullmetal_4eva
post Aug 22 2005, 01:05 PM
Post #58

Alchemists

Member No.: 20,157

depend on situation im like 99.9% against it

Situation when im ok w/it
-if the baby is going to be born on the streets or something
-if baby will be brain dead

--------------------
user posted image
I'm a
Little sister to DarkBlade_Alchemist, Fayt, ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, Meg08, full flame, Willow, Ed#1Fan2.0,
Mrs. Edward Elric, anime_manga_fan, The_Fma's_Girl, alchemydude90, Satsuka, Laffe, and
elalquimistafilosofal (I'm almost always the youngest!) T_T
Older sister to ed's numbuh 1 fan, and Kakashi's#1 girlfriend
Younger cousin to Winry Rockbell Elric and Velious178
Ex-fiance to Kimimaru :'(
You wanna be part of my forum family too? Send me a personal message ;)

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Aug 22 2005, 01:09 PM
Post #59

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

I'm willing to bet a good 25% of the kids in this world would've been better off if they'd been aborted.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Aug 22 2005, 01:26 PM
Post #60

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

Sadly, that's true. sad.gif

Too many people having kids based solely on the fact that their plumbing works and nothing else.

+Quote Post

53 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2016 - 05:29 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css