HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

53 Pages V  « < 51 52 53  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Abortion, I'm serious...
Are you for or against abortion?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 240
Guests cannot vote 
Little Washu
post May 13 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #781

Lt. General

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,492

I have to say I'm more for than against it.

Cruel as it is, if I were to get pregnant, I would get an abortion just to not have to go through the pregnancy (well, the giving birth part more so)...

Regardless of whether the pregnancy was caused by irresponsibility (unprotected sex) or an unfortunate happening (rape), it's still the mother who should ultimately be deciding. Either way, I doubt at 2 months or at 7 months the "child" will have the slightest inkling of what's going on.

And to those of you questioning the child's happiness if he/she were born, knowing the circumstances of why, I have a friend who (seemingly) wasn't born out of love. Her mother and father conceived her when her mother was but 16 or 17, and wanted a child only for the child support tax reduction (or something like that). This friend of mine is incredibly hurt by this knowledge, moreso than she let's on I'll bet. Now, if the child was born out of rape or by 'mistake', it may still feel ashamed or worthless, among other feelings.

But not thinking only for the child, but for the parent too. Some women can't go through the process of child birth, and would be hurting themselves by trying. Would it be okay then for her to have the baby but leave it (possibly) without a parent or guardian?

Personally, I think it should be up to the mother, regardless of the situation. If she wants to abort her child, so be it. It's her burden to bare either way.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post May 13 2010, 11:36 AM
Post #782

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

I respect life. If a baby was born from a rapist, does that make the baby any less of value than a baby born to a married couple?

Besides, if someone was pregnant at a young age, there are people and charities more than willing to help and assist the mother, even religious groups. I know one in my community that takes care of pregnant teens in ways I never thought possible.

To be blunt, I don't consider abortion a right when it's used as a tool of mass murder to regulate the population in countries like China. Over there, the woman has no choice. One child policy. And for years, there was a preferance for males where females would be aborted. A horrible irony where the mother has no choice for abortion.

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post May 13 2010, 03:48 PM
Post #783

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

^Again, cruel as it is, I would have an abortion just to spare myself from the pain of child birth. I don't know from experience, but apparently it hurts like hell... I wouldn't go through that for some kid I wouldn't even want :/

Regardless of how the thing was conceived, I wouldn't go through all that just to have it then throw it away, rather than just kill it, not go through the pain and annoyance, and be done with it. It's nasty, I know, but I would.

It wouldn't know either way. I doubt it's really capable of comprehension anyway. Just a lump of cells in a alien-human like shape. I'd get rid of the thing and donate it for that stem cell research thing. That's a topic for another time, but I'd much rather help someone who's already alive and has a family than some kid I don't even want in my body :/

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post May 13 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #784

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

To be blunt, I don't consider abortion a right when it's used as a tool of mass murder to regulate the population in countries like China. Over there, the woman has no choice. One child policy. And for years, there was a preferance for males where females would be aborted. A horrible irony where the mother has no choice for abortion.

Sorry, but this is just a stupid argument and you should be ashamed for using it.

You may as well say having a national army is terrible and wrong because of the Nazi's. In America you gave a bunch of black people Gonorrhoea to see what would happen. Let's ban all medical research them! Hey, members of the Catholic church used their position to rape young boys. Let's ban religion!
Just because someone abuses something doesn't mean what they're abusing should be banned.

If a baby was born from a rapist, does that make the baby any less of value than a baby born to a married couple?

Nope. That's why you can abort both. It would be nice if the married couple took as much precaution as possible but if the wife accidentally gets knocked up and doesn't want to keep the baby then she should be allowed to terminate it. Same goes for the rape victim. If she wants to keep it for whatever reason then by all means, but if she wants rid of it then let her.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Night Watcher Al...
post Jun 30 2010, 07:13 PM
Post #785

Citizen

Member No.: 74,009

just wrong! I could never want to get rid of an unborn baby; it would go against every moral I have! I can't even believe that some people actually consider it...

--------------------
The ways of death can be as mysterious as the night-best watch your back for the shadows may hold a secret...

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jul 3 2010, 03:42 AM
Post #786

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Can we be careful how we word things Night Watcher? If you don't believe in it that is your opinion, but "I can't even believe that some people actually consider it" is insinuating people who do agree with it are wrong, or even cruel. We want to avoid this as much as possible.

Thank-you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jul 12 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #787

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

Personally, although I am not a religious person, I am a little uncomfortable to say the least at the idea of abortion. I, in my own morals, like to think of an unborn child as a child whether it's developed or not.

That said.... I don't really think it should be make illegal. The fact is, I don't see how this law could be carried out or enforced. I think it would be hard to prove that someone gave themselves an abortion, so I don't think that anything would be there to stop a desperate woman. I think that abortion is one of those things that if a woman decides to do it, she is going to do it. So the fact of the matter is, people will get abortions, whether it's in a hospital as a safe medical procedure, or by other means that may end up harming the mother as well. (As in things like coat hangers, purposefully falling down the stairs, etc.)

So although, I personally, would never get an abortion, I think that the well-being of the mother is an important factor in the decision to illegalize abortion. Because I do believe that it's one of those things that are going to happen whether the law forbids it or not.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
mura_no_baka
post Jul 31 2010, 09:01 AM
Post #788

Citizen

Member No.: 75,029

I don't know much what to say because it's a topic nobody really knows all about and it's something that mixes elements of morality with other topics of ethics and reason. I am for abortion in general though I've learned in some pseudo psychological studies that the fetus in it's growth after 3 moths if I'm not mistaken develops the nervous system ergo his psyche. Don't know how relevant will it be for him to question himself about living or dying but that won't be the point. Most countries don't have the necessary support to provide all the care for a child and enough experience to raise him in social services' care. If someone wants to abort erases from the future all the aspects of his decisions and thoughts, though it's a bit foolish to think this way if you are a rape victim or a person who can't raise a child (either crazy or life sentenced or other extreme cases). Even so I still think that's the mother's decision and power to either end his life or not, if she can live with or without the child or the consequences of her decision. I think it's as fair for someone to have the circumstances of abortion as it is to have the circumstances of theft, murder, fraud and so on. Who judges us? We are free to do whatever the hell we want as long as we're able to suffer the consequences.

--------------------
Life is full of crap and we are full of life.

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Feb 20 2011, 01:09 AM
Post #789

Apprentice

Member No.: 73,733

I've never really known how to feel about abortion.

I think it's better to let the baby live and if you can't look after it, put it up for adoption....but I do know that it's a woman's own body. I guess I'm just glad that as a female myself, no one will ever be able to kill my baby. No one can make me abort it.

Of course I don't currently want to be pregnant(which is one reason why I'm still a virgin) but if I did get pregnant I wouldn't want to do away with it unless it was bad for my health. I know I'm really thin(naturally) but even though I'm naturally very thin I wonder if that will give me issues when giving birth that could be dangerous to me. It's not like my hips are that wide.

--------------------

+Quote Post

53 Pages V  « < 51 52 53
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 11:47 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css