HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Why Did You Pick Up Manga?, what made you interested in manga??
mei_tenshi
post Oct 7 2005, 06:22 PM
Post #46

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,343

I started reading manga off the Internet about a year ago...winter break, I think it was. I had a lot of time then. I came across a scanlation site for short manga stories, and I started reading those. I liked the artwork, and I was amazed at how easily the story was conveyed through dialogue, short explanations, and the actual images. At first I was a little wary of the ongoing series--would I have time to read them? But I couldn't say no to Naruto and Bleach.

Nowadays, I use manga to supplement anime. There's so much more detail in the manga sometimes. And as others have mentioned, the stories, in some cases, are different.

--------------------

CoF #11
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ed's numbuh ...
post Oct 9 2005, 03:32 PM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 19,705

i forget how i learned about it i think i might have played Fullmetal Alchemist:and the broken angel and their might have had a advertisment and when i became an Edo/Fullmetal Alchemist otaku i wanted everything todo with FMA and so thus i looked into it at my fave bookstore i.e Border!!!!!!!!! man i love that store smile.gif

--------------------

I made my signature, tell me what you think! (Avatar wasn't by me.)
COF banner coming soon.
I Make Signatures!! Go to my sig shop if ya want one ; )
- ~:.:My Lovely Forum Familly:.:~
~Is a proud Risembool Ranger~

+Quote Post
Sheska
post Oct 9 2005, 03:38 PM
Post #48

Citizen

Member No.: 21,583

Actually, I never heard of manga until I saw it with my own two eyes. Saturday morning/ extremely dubbed kid anime, yes, I mean who HASN'T heard of either DBZ, Sailor Moon, Card Captor Sakura, Pokemon, or Yu-Gi-Oh? But with manga, a few years ago, I was lookin' through the young adult book section and I see it. Well, I see Sailor Moon. And I used to LOVE Sailor Moon so I'm like "I KNOW THAT!!!" Sadly it was the 2nd edition but I got it anyway, despite my worried-ness about the price. And after my SM craze, I got into all these other titles and authors and that brings me to where I am today, I guess. Yeah Manga!!!

--------------------
::pounds fist on chest:: X'hal!

FNA will rule!!!

And a shout-out to ChibiOtakuElric: Hey shorty sister dearest!!!

::runs away and dodges the random items chucked by her::

::weakly:: You know I was just kidding...right?

Family:
ChibiOtakuElric (sister)

+Quote Post
The Black Blood ...
post Oct 11 2005, 07:05 AM
Post #49

Citizen

Member No.: 23,545

The artwork/characters first, then I looked at the storyline. Whenever I see an anime I like, I try to read the manga. And whenever I read a manga I like, I try to see the anime.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
quills
post Oct 11 2005, 08:25 PM
Post #50

Citizen

Member No.: 23,435

i believe picking up a manga and read it- is simply my most natural action... the first manga i read was Daremo~^^~
that was about 13 years ago, from then, i never stopped reading manga smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_kittygirl_*
post Oct 23 2005, 09:20 AM
Post #51

Guests

It's a looooong story.

it all started with Inuysha. For my tenth birthday, I got Inuyasha manga volume 1 and 2. Then, since I L-O-V-E cats, my mom thought I would like Tokyo Mew Mew. And now I'm up to forty-something in manga with 8 collections.

+Quote Post
Ed#1Fan2.0
post Oct 30 2005, 10:56 PM
Post #52

Alchemists

Member No.: 15,439

I first started watching the anime.But I wanted to read the manga so I went to the store and got some.But then I saw all the other kinds they have.So now I am reading stuff I have never seen on tv befor.

+Quote Post
DustStorm
post Oct 30 2005, 10:58 PM
Post #53

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 21,999

I was at Target and I happened to stumble into a Yuyu Hakusho manga. I remember watching YuyuHakusho on T.V. so I decided to buy it.

--------------------

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous… everyone hasn't met me yet.

+Quote Post
The Ramen Alchem...
post Oct 31 2005, 12:32 AM
Post #54

Citizen

Member No.: 25,207

I just started watching Naruto and I got to the part where he thought Haku killed Sasuke and then that was all of the anime that was out at the time not wanting to wait I looked for the manga and I've been into Manga since

+Quote Post
InsaneFangirl
post Nov 7 2005, 06:07 PM
Post #55

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,530

I saw a friend reading it, and being naturally nosy and curious, I asked to read it. It was volume one of Fruits Basket. I loved it right away, and started to buy my own. Now I have 10 volumes, soon to be 11.

--------------------

Edo-kun lover! ^_^;;

Fanfic!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2628866/5/

+Quote Post
beyondredemption
post Apr 24 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #56

Citizen

Member No.: 35,001

I started watching Sailor moon and Pokemon when I was a kid, and then I moved to a new school district where I met a bunch of girls who also liked anime and manga, and they introduced me to some of the manga I like. I also go to the bookstore to see what types of manga I can try out next.

--------------------

My Family! PM Me to Join!
My Crazy Older brother: Jato
Click here or you will be zapped into an alternate universe...

+Quote Post
Chibka
post Apr 24 2006, 10:46 AM
Post #57

Alchemists

From: Safe in my room and online... BOO! J/k, I'm behind you!
Member No.: 32,480

Well... I've always watched anime about as long as I can remember... I just didn't know that it was anime. What got me into manga were my friends. I saw them reading it and noticed that it looked a lot like anime (by this time in my life, I knew what it was) so they let me borrow it and I've been hooked since happy.gif

+Quote Post
Kitty Alchemist
post Apr 24 2006, 10:57 AM
Post #58

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 32,978

What go me in to manga was shonen jump. I never heard of manga until my friend older sister so me and let me borrow her book. Now everytime we get a new manga we switch off books to read every week.

--------------------

Kitty's Family:Older Brother: Starsword Little Sisters: Sin of Envy, Kal Rommel
Innocent Naive Cousin: Greeneyes Demon Cousin: Steel Heart Alchemist Ninja: Silver Wolf Wulven Guardian: Shadow Wulfe
PM with you want to join my family

+Quote Post
shinjikun
post Apr 26 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #59

Citizen

Member No.: 34,820

My first manga was Gundam Wing: Episode Zero. I never knew what manga was until even after I bought some more GW graphic novels. They were translated from their original Japanese and given a Western Left to Right format. You must understand this was years ago. One day, I picked up an art book by an American cartoonist by the name of Christopher Hart, who had an entire series of How-To-Draw Japanese Manga books. It was then that I discovered the world of Manga. The first time I encountered the Right to Left Eastern Format was a few years ago when I picked up a copy of Shonen Jump #2. I became obsessed with Manga from that point on, collecting every issue of the Magazine, picking and choosing favorites to follow, and going out of my way to search every bookstore within reach for Manga that catches my interest.

To me, I am very much attracted by the superior art found in Manga and Anime, compared to American Cartoons and Comics. As I grew up, I began to admire these Mediums more for their content. I find that the best Anime and Manga out there can be found through extensive research.

Enjoy!

Shinji
Attached File(s)
Attached File  saibook_22.jpg ( 185.25K ) Number of downloads: 36

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
major_ed_pride
post May 3 2006, 09:48 AM
Post #60

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 32,549

I'll be honest...Shonen Jump and Yu-Gi-Oh! vol. 1 were my first manga and the reason I picked them up was because they had Yugi on the front ^.^;;. Now, my horizons are much wider and I like to read whatever sounds interesting!

--------------------
RED DAAAAAWWWWWNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 03:15 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css