HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Why Did You Pick Up Manga?, what made you interested in manga??
Juozas
post Aug 31 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #151

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,852

I started reading manga when i got bored of anime and wanted to find something new or more detailed. I started reading it when i finished waching latest anime episodes. That's the good way to get forth on some animes.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Illuminating-Dar...
post Sep 24 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #152

Citizen

Member No.: 71,163

I used to HATE manga for some really curious reason, then I had ntohing to read and picked up and manga and thought that it was pretty good =)

--------------------
Aww, I feel like a loner on here XD
~You said that time is the best teacher of all,
but somehow, all its students seem to die...

~ Extremely pissed off at the end of Hana Yori Dango

Huge Chapter 100 Spoiler!!! Click me only if you don't mind being spoiled
[My DeviantART], [My FanFiction.net]

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Sep 24 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #153

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

I picked it up when I first got into manga/anime and my friend convinced me to watch Inuyasha...I got impatient with the anime and decided to just read it instead because I could go through the series faster XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Sep 24 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #154

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

mm long story XD i was allways attracted to the art style from been little without havin any idea about what it was or where it was from, i allways watched the kids anime when i was little cause i just loved the style, as i got older i grew out of the kids anime mostly, but that didnt change the fact id allways been a rabid gamer from been like 4, and that obssesion simply continued. During the lead up to the release of legend of zelda twilight princess, i found a girl on the net who also loved zelda and anime and manga, and she recomended some anime to me and i found a new love for it again, and understood it wasnt just for children at all, i finally got around to readin manga about half a year later after i finished watching the fruits basket anime to be greeted with a crappy ending

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Sep 24 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #155

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

Hm, I think I started reading manga after I finished watching Tokyo Mew Mew (don't laugh). I wanted to see the manga counterpart, and naturally I liked it better. Then I started reading more and more series until I found FMA, and it will eternally be my favorite biggrin.gif

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Oct 15 2009, 12:45 AM
Post #156

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

I started reading manga because there is anime on TV ever since I have access to a TV (read: age 1). 8D
Parents back then usually buy us manga such as Doraemon, which is quite educational, and then we start to expand our manga interest to other genres.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Reffer Lift
post Oct 15 2009, 04:17 AM
Post #157

Citizen

Member No.: 71,304

I got into reading Manga from Dragonball (Z, specifically). I knew there was a comic (didn't know what the word "Manga" was, I was seven. XD) so I went to the book store and bought volume 1 of the DBZ arc of Dragonball. After that, I bought a Shonen Jump one day and just took off. Oh, and then I found OneManga. XD

--------------------
The Owner of the Sexy Kitchen

"Ours is such a small graceful love. Yes, it's a small, graceful love."
Sig by me, Avatar found on LJ. 'Cause that place is THE best for avatars.

+Quote Post
Akira Mikk
post Nov 18 2009, 01:16 AM
Post #158

Citizen

Member No.: 71,921

I started reading manga because of the anime Death Note, I'd seen the anime and my friend had read the manga and she told me it was good so I went on the internet and looked it up and after one chapter I couldn't stop reading manga, and it also made me want to watch more anime.

--------------------
Life is too important to be taken seriously

+Quote Post
EniviD EiraM
post Nov 27 2009, 08:07 AM
Post #159

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,525

If I'm not mistaken, the first manga I read before was 'Cherry Juice' and its story made me hunger for more stories ... and that's how it all started.... tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
KwiatekAlchemist
post Dec 2 2009, 08:04 PM
Post #160

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 70,538

It was all through a few friends of mine.
They introduced some manga books to me, and that's how I began to like them.

+Quote Post
kazare
post Dec 15 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #161

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,582

Manga is a great book portraying lives . . .
Sounds quite shallow but twas true .. ..
Besides my friend pushed it to my face before I liked it .. . .

--------------------

Love what you need to love. Avoid Hatred or loathing as much as possible.
Add: Facebook Tumblr Twitter

+Quote Post
EniviD EiraM
post Feb 2 2010, 04:08 AM
Post #162

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,525

@ Miyokochan : I envy you ! >.< .. atleast you're surrounded with anime stuffs while me ... nah .. I can't even go out in Manila to buy some anime stuff !

Generally, I pick up manga to ease my boredom but the main purpose of it is to learn new things and look up to mangaka who were often great in their art works !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amalthea
post Jun 7 2010, 03:04 PM
Post #163

Alchemists

Member No.: 44,604

I got into it when I was fourteen years old, near the end of freshman year of high school. I had always loved animation, and I watched cartoons so much when I was a kid. However, I found myself getting a bit tired of American cartoons (especially since at that point a lot of the good ones were getting canceled/going off air and lots of crap came about on CN, Nick, etc.).

When my friends introduced me to manga, it was an entirely new medium than what I had seen before. The art was gorgeous and much more realistic than most American cartoons (excluding things like Batman & the comic genre) and the stories were so much more mature and substantial. Also, in a lot of cartoons, characters are very black and white. Good or bad, sweet or nasty, brave or cowardly, funny or dull, etc. Manga had such fleshed out characters with endless depth. Like real humans, they usually can't be placed in just one category. By the time I had been introduced to manga, I had been at the age and point in my life when I wanted something more serious and of thicker material than the cartoons and anime like Hamtaro and Pokemon being shown on TV.

So, to make it short, manga combines wonderful art and visuals with fantastic stories. They are truly deserving of the title "graphic novel."

--------------------

Thank you, Ms. Arakawa, for sharing this wonderful, enriching story that has affected so many of us!

+Quote Post
heartwing713
post Jun 7 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #164

Citizen

Member No.: 71,431

I liked anime way back before I knew it was anime (my favorite childhood movie was Kiki's Delivery Service back when I was about 6 or 7), and then in 3rd grade I saw Spirited Away and fell in love with it too. What got me into manga though happened later, in about 4th grade, because my best friend's brothers were really into it and so their house was like a manga library. She introduced me to Rurouni Kenshin and the Nausicaa manga, and I've been an otaku ever since smile.gif

FMA was the first anime/manga to turn me into a crazed fangirl, though XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaiko
post Jun 8 2010, 06:29 AM
Post #165

Citizen

Member No.: 5,257

When I was young, I started watching anime first, but then when I noticed that there was manga, I was instantly hooked because lot of the series that I loved were just so much more detailed in manga. Nowadays I read manga when I have no school work and I'm not out with friends. It's a good "alone time" activity I guess? tongue.gif

--------------------

Made by _joha @ fukikomu (LiveJournal)

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 09:24 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css