HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Why Did You Pick Up Manga?, what made you interested in manga??
rowan71
post Aug 15 2007, 06:34 AM
Post #121

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,523

i was up late one nite and caught FMA and Bleach on adult swim...since i can't stay up that late all the time i decided to go to the library and pick up the manga...now i am addicted...in three days i devoured 13 volumes of FMA...waiting to get my hands on the next volume...now i'm reading Death Note and Bleach
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Amalthea
post Aug 15 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #122

Alchemists

Member No.: 44,604

Two of my friends got me interested by lending me some of their manga about three years ago when I was fourteen years old.

Who knew graphic novels were so interesting? I've never been an American comic book geek (what with all of the jaded superhero issues), but now I LOVE Japanese manga. happy.gif

--------------------

Thank you, Ms. Arakawa, for sharing this wonderful, enriching story that has affected so many of us!

+Quote Post
piggy
post Aug 15 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #123

Citizen

Member No.: 48,997

my crazy sister who all of a sudden got into manga O_O;;

lol then i got into it :]

it seemed really interesting!

--------------------

credits:&_haengbok

+Quote Post
Hanozo
post Sep 2 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #124

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,469

When I started reading them when I was a little boy (They were in korean though).
I guess my mom introduced me to manga by buying me one when I was little XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
natsu-hime
post Sep 12 2007, 02:42 AM
Post #125

Apprentice

Member No.: 49,217

me...hmm...i think it was back when i was in kindergarten i just learned how to read and i read anything that i can read from 123 sesame street books to newspapers. i was so bored with the storybooks until one day i sneak into my big sis's room and i found lots of manga (indonesian) so yeah i steal some of them and one day i was caught and my big sis was soo cross we fight over manga (stupid, isn't it?) until my mom bought me complete collection of doraemon manga (no. 1-50) and then i started to collect on my own and hell yeah it exceeds 500 now (my big sis still beats me. she got like 2000)

+Quote Post
Tidusu
post Sep 13 2007, 09:37 AM
Post #126

Citizen

Member No.: 50,958

Never really cared much for mangas since it's on the tube. But Since Host club was appearantly diffeferent, I decided to read it. I may venture on to others in the future.

--------------------
I'm scared of people. *hides*

+Quote Post
Kari_Neko
post Sep 25 2007, 05:17 AM
Post #127

Brigadier General

Member No.: 47,799

I tried manga because somebody told me the Death Note manga was better (which it is!) so I continued reading manga ^^

--------------------
I'd much rather to be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not:Andre Gide
I do not own the avvy or siggy!

[My DeviantART]

+Quote Post
Hikari_Hawkeye
post Sep 26 2007, 07:25 AM
Post #128

Citizen

Member No.: 51,512

Well, Everything began with the .hack video game. I loved the game so much that I decided to buy the manga. Then in the manga I saw the Sgt. Frog ad inside. I was curious and I decided to buy it... and then, I began to love the anime and manga world. People thought I was crazy because I was old for comics. But, I never cared for what people say, so I keep buying them.

That's it.

--------------------
Jessica
Have a Nice Day!

+Quote Post
WeiS Blitz
post Mar 2 2008, 06:24 AM
Post #129

Citizen

Member No.: 27,884

Well, my dad is a long-standing comic book geek, and I grew up reading the likes of Spiderman and Ghost Rider, as well as playing hand-me-down figure and tabletop RPGs. My friend had a collection of Card Captor Sakura gn which we read, but we didn't know it as manga. Then in 6th grade a friend formally introduced me and I was hooked for life.

In short, my dad trying to raise me as a boy made me an otaku! Hooray!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Satori
post Mar 2 2008, 11:24 PM
Post #130

Brigadier General

Member No.: 36,799

I went to the library looking for the Nausicaa film. They only had the manga so I came home with that instead. Can't say I was all that impressed with it, but the style intrigued me enough to compel me to try something else.

+Quote Post
swirlees
post Mar 24 2008, 11:14 AM
Post #131

Citizen

Member No.: 56,852

my older brother was a total manga geek.(if he reads that, he'll totally kill me laugh.gif ) anyway, i always borrow books from him, and i ran out of interesting books, so i started to look through naruto. i got totally addicted XD so i kept on reading...and reading...and reading until i got to fma! ask any of my friends, they'll totally say that they're annoyed of my being addicted to fma biggrin.gif

--------------------

you little liar you are God :]
by the way, i am a girl no matter what the profile thing on the side says

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Mar 24 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #132

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

I asked my mom to buy the 16th volume of InuYasha, the first time he got all demon-like, and then I just bought InuYasha ones at r@ndom (i.e. 1, 9, 17-21 and 30), then got FLCL, and then .hack//DUSK. After that came FMA and many more(I.e. Naruto, Blood+ and Death Note).

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Mat-Mat
post May 16 2008, 08:42 PM
Post #133

Brigadier General

Member No.: 54,690

My brother and I were total Yu-Gi-Oh! geeks, playing and watching the anime all day. One day, we were at Books-A-Million, and he was trying to finally get out of it, but I wanted to stay in it. I found the first novel, read all of it, and that day where my brother left anime and manga, I began my journey of loving manga!!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 28 2008, 08:11 AM
Post #134

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

In 7th grade, Tokyo Mew Mew was on TV as the HORRIBLE American dub, and I looked it up, and found the manga. I was hooked. (I had loved Sailor Moon as a little kid, but I never knew there was such a thing as manga.)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Saving_Grace
post Jun 29 2008, 02:20 AM
Post #135

Alchemists

Member No.: 33,782

I'm still not entirely sold on manga. I started reading Fullmetal Alchemist a few months (or maybe a year) after I finished watching all the anime, and I found myself hooked on, so that's what pretty much sparked it.. Since then I've read a bit of the Death Note manga, but stopped reading it because I found it repetitive. Occasionally I'll read Black Lagoon, but I have to be in the mood. I've also read some of the manga that they based on Samurai Champloo, and Cowboy Bebop but disliked them because the illustrations were too different from the shows, and didn't have the same vibe or tone. I keep meaning to start reading the Inuyasha series, but it's a little daunting because of the amount out (like 300?). Can someone tell me if it's worth the read? Better or worse than the anime? Anything?

As for friends who read it? I have two sort of casual friends (acquaintances?) who started reading them last year or this year. They'll read pretty much anything, whereas I'm completely fussy and refuse to stray away from FMA (which I'm trying to talk one of them into reading). My best friend knows I read it, but that's about it. I'm slowly turning her into an anime geek, I'm so proud!!

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 08:19 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css