HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Character Height Chart: Complete chart on the first post!, Chart for Xingese characters added! :)
Chiyo
post Mar 22 2007, 03:06 AM
Post #91

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,466

Ha, I always thought I was so short, but I'm actually about Winry's height. No more standing on tip-toe for me.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Mar 22 2007, 05:24 AM
Post #92

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

It rather amuses me how Edward would be considered a certifiable 'midget' in the United States. (Sorry, I am currently reading an article for my anthropology class that dicusses how it is a stigma for men to be short in the work force.) Tombow, thank you for the online metric convereter, because I despise doing math. Has Arakawa ever mentioned the heights of any of the Xingese or the Ishbalans in any of the character profile books? I have a feeling that the Xingese would be somewhat shorter than the Amestrians.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Jun 9 2010, 05:49 PM
Post #93

Apprentice

Member No.: 73,733

Okay, so exactly how tall is Envy?

I'm pretty sure that I'm actually taller than him though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Royai plz :3
post Jun 17 2010, 04:13 AM
Post #94

Citizen

Member No.: 74,500

Wow Scar is so freaking tall it's scary XD He;s not even an Armstrong!

And OMFG I'm taller than Ed-- *punched* BUT I'M 12 DAMMIT!

Also I noticed that Roy's head is in FRONT of the line, while everyone is behind the line. XD Funneh.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 18 2010, 01:27 PM
Post #95

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Yeah, Scar is tall! And, Alex Armstrong is HUGE! ohmy.gif

I wonder how toll Sloth (manga) is. tongue.gif

BTW, added additional height charts to the first post. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Oct 20 2010, 08:28 PM
Post #96

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

Ahahaha~ I'm taller than Ed! By a whole 5 centimeters. ;D
Except that I'm 15, and he's probably about 13 in that picture. v_v
Does anyone know if there's a chart for how tall they are (or at least Ed and Winry and Al) at the end of the series? Because I know that at least Ed grows a bit, and I want to know how tall he ends up being?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Luxuria-Cat
post Oct 27 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #97

Citizen

Member No.: 75,340

@Tombow- Sloth was picking up Olivier, who seems to be maybe 6 feet,and from what I remember of their contrast...I imagine Sloth is maybe....15 feet. ohmy.gif

I seem to be about Envy's height o_o

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Nov 2 2010, 09:20 AM
Post #98

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Wow, now I feel reaally bad. I mean, we always knew Ed was short, but we never knew that he was below 5ft!!! Poor guy!!

If Winry's 5'5", and Ed's taller than her at the end of the manga, it means he had QUITE a growth spurt between ages 15-16, which I guess is normal for a guy. Winry probably didn't grow much because I've been just under 5'5" since middle school as well. So, Ed's probably 5'6" or 5'7" by the end? I don't know, he looked a lot taller than her towards the end, but he still seemed shorter than Roy, who's only 5'8" (I was kind of surprised he wasn't taller than that!)

I wonder how tall Hohenheim was when he was Ed's age? I mean, Al was never so short, he grew at a pretty good pace, so I'm wondering where Ed got his really-short-then-sudden-growth-spurt genes from?

Armstrong is a monster. Makes me wonder how tall Sloth would be!!! I wish there was an updated one with the manga characters as well.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Nov 2 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #99

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan)
wonder how tall Hohenheim was when he was Ed's age? I mean, Al was never so short, he grew at a pretty good pace, so I'm wondering where Ed got his really-short-then-sudden-growth-spurt genes from?

There's a couple possibilities I know of: In the manga there was some speculation in the manga about (Warning! tagged for chapter 108 spoilers) how Ed was providing nutrition for Al's body and his own, though he started his growth spurt before Al regained his body... Meh. It could also be that the gene just skipped a generation or something from Trisha's side. It's been known to happen.

I'm surprised that Roy's only 5'8", too. I didn't think he was more than 6', but his being 5'8" makes me an inch and a half shorter than him at most. (He's shorter than most of his subordinates, too--I feel like someone would tease him about a Napoleon complex, or suggest that he would tease Ed only because Ed's actually shorter than him.)

Lust is a little shorter than I thought she'd be; I'm taller without shoes than she is in heels!

Scar was probably the most pleasant surprise. I didn't know how tall he was, but he's not a willowy kind of tall, so he was deceptively short to me. I'd guessed about 6', but with the way he's built, there were times when he seemed shorter.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
ilikeoctopus
post Nov 13 2010, 06:56 PM
Post #100

Citizen

Member No.: 74,104

huhh. this is nice happy.gif
...Are there any manga/Brotherhood height charts floating around out there that anyone knows of?

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Dec 5 2010, 12:33 AM
Post #101

Apprentice

Member No.: 73,733

QUOTE (What, no bacon? @ Jun 12 2005, 12:49 PM) *
Strange... I always thought Envy was taller than that...

I used to think he was a bit taller than that too. I thought he was like 5'6" or 5'7".

It's hard to tell exactly how tall he is on that chart though. 5'5"?

I'm 5'8" and I cosplay him...I know I must be a bit taller than him....but not by a ton I don't think.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 5 2011, 08:11 AM
Post #102

Group Icon

<Program Note>

QUOTE (Not A Bean! @ Feb 5 2011, 10:52 AM) *
I'm 4'11" and FULLY grown ...

@Not A Bean! - Welcome to our board! ^^ I moved your post to Thread for short people to talk about being short! (a.k.a. "FMA board chibi club" thread ^^) where you can meet other short people on our board, and talk about being short. biggrin.gif
BTW, we have many more interesting threads where we can talk about ourselves in Open Talk forum, and hope to see your posts on many of these threads also! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Not A Bean!
post Feb 5 2011, 08:47 AM
Post #103

Citizen

Member No.: 77,472

uhmm...okaaayy...though I was referring to myself in explanation of how Ed's height could have occurred, which seemed to be the general discussion of this thread.

A repost without that then...physical/mental trauma can have an effect on one's growth if it occurs during vital growing years. Ed's loss of limbs/automail and possible nourishment of Al's real body during years he was growing could've had a serious impact on his growth. Genetics may also have a play in it.

Regardless, while Ed voices his sensitivity to height, he overcomes it in his combat skills and intelligence whether he does it willingly or subconsciously.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 5 2011, 09:01 AM
Post #104

Group Icon

QUOTE (Not A Bean! @ Feb 5 2011, 11:47 AM) *
uhmm...okaaayy...though I was referring to myself in explanation of how Ed's height could have occurred, which seemed to be the general discussion of this thread.

A repost without that then...physical/mental trauma can have an effect on one's growth if it occurs during vital growing years. Ed's loss of limbs/automail and possible nourishment of Al's real body during years he was growing could've had a serious impact on his growth. Genetics may also have a play in it.....

@Not A Bean!- Aha, that's a good point, and I think that could be quite possible. Others have mentioned that "Ed was eating for two" (based on FMA manga story-line) as another possible reason for Ed's stunted growth. smile.gif
But... this thread is information on all FMA characters' heights, and Ed's growth, has own discussion thread so that "Ed's growth" discussion would not overtake this thread. Hence, I hope you don't mind continuing this discussion on Ed's growth discussion thread.
We'd love to hear more of your valuable inputs on Ed's growth, so, please continue rest on this on Ed's growth discussion thread. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
iAmjelly
post Feb 25 2011, 06:32 PM
Post #105

Citizen

Member No.: 68,655

Ah. I'm shorter than Ed. A whole 1cm shorter. I'm... 18...

*headdesk*

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 03:26 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css