Reply to this topicStart new topic
Suggestions For This Board/Forum
thedespised2166
post Dec 19 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #256

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,836

Just an idea. Make 2 separate quizes (1 is FMA1, the other is FMA2: Brotherhood) just to see how smart some people are of the FMA series. biggrin.gif

--------------------
The brothers of despisition shall not seace to exist.
Our power shall consume your soul.
Evil shall rule once again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Dec 19 2009, 02:11 PM
Post #257

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Go ahead and make threads for 'em.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 19 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #258

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (thedespised2166 @ Dec 19 2009, 01:05 PM) *
Just an idea. Make 2 separate quizes (1 is FMA1, the other is FMA2: Brotherhood) just to see how smart some people are of the FMA series. biggrin.gif

@thedespised2166 - That sounds fun! ^^ Or, if the quizzes are trivia based (as I assume?? ^^) then please feel free to add your posts on, and revive our two existing "FMA Trivia quiz" threads: FMA-1 anime trivia game and FMA manga trivia game threads. biggrin.gif

ETA: I saw the quiz thread, and glanced at questions... wow these are hard questions! tongue.gif
Good luck with your thread! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
EniviD EiraM
post Feb 2 2010, 04:31 AM
Post #259

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,525

I like to suggest these things :

-- topics that are already closed must be removed from the whole forum
-- comments to board members should be considered as a post smile.gif
-- ranking requirements should decrease .. think about the beginners, they might be bothered by their rank and decide to quit the forum 'cause it takes hundreds of post before stepping on the new rank smile.gif
-- make some more updates about general FMA stuffs ..
-- have fun games for the visitors and the members to play ti kill their boredom at posting smile.gif

just suggesting ... smile.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Feb 2 2010, 11:17 AM
Post #260

Master Alchemist

Once more Popo takes up the mantle of back seat mod, much to everyone's disdain.

QUOTE (Naomi Kumikoh(cutiedivine) @ Feb 2 2010, 11:31 AM) *
-- comments to board members should be considered as a post smile.gif
-- ranking requirements should decrease .. think about the beginners, they might be bothered by their rank and decide to quit the forum 'cause it takes hundreds of post before stepping on the new rank smile.gif

If people take post counts that seriously then I think it would be preferable if they left. The numbers are pointless. If anything they should be wholly removed as they just encourage spam as people try to get their numbers up.

-- make some more updates about general FMA stuffs ..

The forums move pretty quickly. We're getting new episodes of Bortherhood weekly and manga chapters monthly all of which the forum is covering really enthusiastically. There's not much more we can do that we aren't already doing.

-- have fun games for the visitors and the members to play ti kill their boredom at posting smile.gif

Hit up Spam Central. There are more games there than you can shake a stick at and you're welcome to make more as long as they meet these easy conditions:
1: We don't have a thread like that already,
2: The game you make up isn't horribly bad.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Feb 2 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #261

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Only ever disdain Popo when you are being personal, frankly I thnk you like taking back-seat Moderator role sometimes.

Just to add to what has been said, in reference to deleting closed topics, generally they are left open when (like you yourself Naomi) they have been directed to another link.

So...for example...you opened a topic on anime pets. As a similar thread also existed I closed it and left a link to the place where you can find the original. It wasn't deleted so 1. You know what has happened and 2. Other members of the forum don't make the same mistake.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Feb 2 2010, 02:22 PM
Post #262

Master Alchemist

frankly I think you like taking back-seat Moderator role sometimes.

Oh I do like it, but if you or Tombow want me to knock it off then by all means tell me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Feb 2 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #263

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

Suggestion:

I'm a forum admin on a prominent Avatar:The Last Airbender forum and about two years ago we embedded a chat box on the bottom of the forum page, making it easier for members to chit chat!

My suggestion was that we have a chatbox (Chataango, for the most part, seems a lot of anime sites have that) for better forum flow and member socialization biggrin.gif

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 2 2010, 02:50 PM
Post #264

Group Icon

QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Feb 2 2010, 05:37 PM) *
Suggestion:

I'm a forum admin on a prominent Avatar:The Last Airbender forum and about two years ago we embedded a chat box on the bottom of the forum page, making it easier for members to chit chat!

My suggestion was that we have a chatbox (Chataango, for the most part, seems a lot of anime sites have that) for better forum flow and member socialization biggrin.gif

@Disasterpiece - Thanks for the suggestion! ^^ Actually, we get that suggestion periodically here, and as far as embedding a "chat box" on our board, our Web-Master/Site owner said "no," but I think members who'd like to do real-time chat can use our designated chat channel, assuming it's still actively accepting chat by our members. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_kikuchan xx_*
post Feb 23 2010, 03:43 AM
Post #265

Guests

My suggestion:

Please count the posts posted in Spam Central. All topics there is good and many people enjoy to post there but even they post most there, the number of there post wont increase.

( too many "post" and "there" XD )

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Feb 23 2010, 04:57 AM
Post #266

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Post count doesn't mean anything, that is not the point of being in a forum, it doesn't make you better than anyone else hence we don't encourage you trying tp up your post count by spamming.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 23 2010, 08:28 AM
Post #267

Group Icon

QUOTE (kikuchan xx @ Feb 23 2010, 06:43 AM) *
...Please count the posts posted in Spam Central. All topics there is good and many people enjoy to post there but even they post most there, the number of there post wont increase....

Sorry, but... "posts there to be NOT counted toward members' total post counts" was one of the basic premise of the creation of the Spam Central forum by our Web-Master, and I agree with the basic principle behind it. smile.gif Please post in Spam Central forum for the joy of posting. ^^

And, I agree with Chiyo, that on our board, members don't get any "extra" benefits for having larger post counts, and post counts really don't matter on our board, as we put more emphasis on "quality" of posts, over "quantity." Therefore, we highly discourage members to get caught up on increasing one's post counts, especially by the way of posting tons of mindless junk posts, and instead, we recommend our members to take time on each post, and make them "count" by the way of "quality of the posts." smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Apr 17 2010, 05:03 AM
Post #268

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

I hope it's okay to make this suggestion, but I was wondering if there was a way to make the "Newcomers" thread more visible if at all possible? Of course, there are people who find it, but I know that when I came here I didn't even know there was such a thread and that's why I never introduced myself; So it's just lead me to think that perhaps some new members don't get to introduce themselves because they don't know where to do it. (I'm probably wrong, but it's just a thought!)

Perhaps a subforum named "Welcome/Introduction" (or whatever is best) under the "Open Chat" forum so it appears next to "Debate District" so that everyone can see it? And then in the "Welcome/Introduction" subforum you could have the "Newcomers", "Welcome back" and "Goodbye" threads? (If that makes any sense!)

I apologise if this is a stupid or impossible idea, but it's just a thought that came to mind. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 19 2010, 01:54 AM
Post #269

Group Icon

@A Pierrot's Aria - Ha, funny you mention... this has been in the working and already on the way. XD The new sub-forum will be more or less similar to what you're describing, and some more... probably including some "forum rules & guidelines" threads, and hopefully adding a series of "posting tutorials" threads in this 'newbie welcome center" (tentative title) sub-forum, and I'm hoping it'll be up sometime soon, or we may go ahead and put up the sub-forum, and then keep working on it. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Apr 19 2010, 08:49 AM
Post #270

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

^Ah! Wow! That's great. =P Thank you for taking the time to take a read anyway. =P

--------------------

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 03:48 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css