Suggestions For This Board/Forum
Anything
post Mar 1 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #241

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,417

~ Save The Roleplays! Saving an endagered creature. ~

Hello, um... sorry to be a bother (Not much of a protester am I? *sigh*), but the roleplay community is near empty, is there a way to convince people to have a go, you know an advert or something like that. I know this is probably a waste of internet space, but I really am quite fond of it and it would be a shame for the roleplay community to die out.

--------------------
Remember, if you ever create a popular anime, and you see loads of wierd people in wierd costumes charging you... they are NERDS!! RUN AWAY!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
asunder
post Mar 6 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #242

Special Ops (Intelligence Officer)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 30,877

The forum is getting a slight revitalization at the moment. Once the new series actually airs, we should get a fresh influx of people. That should help with the core problem.

I guess one thing you could try to do is make a special RP'er signature image. (within forum size rules of course). This'll attract other people (assuming you post in areas outside of the RP forum)

Another idea would be to make something similar to Popo's Day of the Homunculus Game thread ( http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...showtopic=10906 ) and adapt it to your liking.

--------------------
Everytime you post something mind numbingly retarded, this forum crashes.

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post May 2 2009, 07:49 AM
Post #243

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

I'd suggest having less sections. From what I can see of the activity here I'm fairly certain that 7 sections just for the manga/animes is far from necessary.

I'd probably suggest having a section for FMA as a whole (merged with the characters and games sections) and then just have maybe one for the manga and one for both anime. (or two anime, but definitely merge the movie with the original series)

I dunno. The place just seems cavernous and needlessly annoying to navigate. Plus I have no idea where to make threads about certain things. >_<

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post May 5 2009, 02:04 PM
Post #244

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

QUOTE (Vagrant @ May 2 2009, 08:49 AM) *
I'd suggest having less sections. From what I can see of the activity here I'm fairly certain that 7 sections just for the manga/animes is far from necessary.

I'd probably suggest having a section for FMA as a whole (merged with the characters and games sections) and then just have maybe one for the manga and one for both anime. (or two anime, but definitely merge the movie with the original series)

I dunno. The place just seems cavernous and needlessly annoying to navigate. Plus I have no idea where to make threads about certain things. >_<

The board is, initially, for FMA, so it makes sense that there will be a lot of different sections. If they were to do what you say, it would be chaotic.

Also, knowing where and where not to make a topic, that's just common sense.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post May 5 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #245

Apprentice

There's seems to be about two active topics in the four or so active sections. If merged I wouldn't call that chaotic.

And if someone wants to talk about both anime or the franchise as a whole or ask a question about, say the novels or the voice actors or something about the fan community (such as the origins of that 'dream on' fan music video >_<), where's that supposed to go?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 5 2009, 06:19 PM
Post #246

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Vagrant @ May 5 2009, 09:13 PM) *
There's seems to be about two active topics in the four or so active sections.....

And if someone wants to talk about both anime or the franchise as a whole or ask a question about, say the novels or the voice actors or something about the fan community (such as the origins of that 'dream on' fan music video >_<), where's that supposed to go?

@Vagrant - FMA novels are discussed in FMA manga section, and VAs are discussed in FMA anime setion. And, fan-made video is discussed in FMA Fanworks section. ^^

Oh, and since fanworks forum is for fanworks done by our members, so if the vids are not made by our members but just some vids found on the Web, then we have different thread made to catch those also. And, BTW, as far as I know, we don't make threads and discuss about other boards or other fan communities on our board. smile.gif

Anyway, to me, this seems similar to other occasional confusions expressed by new posters who are not yet knowing the contents of each of our forums very well, and hence I don't quite get the connection between this to the suggested supposed "solution" of smashing all the FMA forums into one forum. mellow.gif

Could you, kindly explain to us in little more details, how combining all the existing FMA forums into one big forum will make things less confusing for our posters?

Suppose we'll have one giant FMA forum, as you suggested, and then all FMA related threads will go into one forum, and then what will be the next?

The way I see it, if this suggestion gets implemented, then once posters go inside that one forum, all the threads from all different categories are mixed in, and it will be one giant chaos inside that forum, just as Little Washu has posted.

BTW, we don't just have two active threads for each of FMA forum categories. >.<

I think there seems to be some big difference in the definition of "active" threads, but anyway, according to what I consider to be active, as in the threads that are still open and hence the members are welcomed to post on, and many posters do... I think we have roughly 1,200 or so of these threads that are open and "postable" among FMA forums, and among them are 100 ~ 200 of considerably more active threads.

Maybe I am not reading your post correctly, but so far what I fail to understand is how cramming these 1200 plus threads into one giant forum will make our board a less confusing place for posters, and it seems to me that that crucial part of the explanation is completely missing form your suggestion. unsure.gif

Actually, it does not really matter whether I or Little Washu would understand your suggestion, but if you would like to present your suggestion to be a persuasive one, it might be helpful to try to explain in more details how making one giant inclusive forum for all FMA categories will, in your opinion, make our board a less confusing place for our posters. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post May 5 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #247

Apprentice

QUOTE (Tombow @ May 6 2009, 02:19 AM) *
QUOTE (Vagrant @ May 5 2009, 09:13 PM) *
And if someone wants to talk about both anime or the franchise as a whole or ask a question about, say the novels or the voice actors

@Vagrant - FMA novels are discussed in FMA manga section, and VAs are discussed in FMA anime setion. And, fan-made video is discussed in FMA Fanworks section. ^^
Ah, I missed the part about the manga section then.
But there's two animes. What if people want to talk about both?
And in the fanworks section you yourself closed a topic about other people's videos saying"this forum is for posting fanworks including FMA videos made by YOURSELF" and that these are supposed to be put in some other thread. :\

The characters section is pretty much fine, it's active enough to merit it's own section. Although I still think it should maybe be broadened to the franchise in general (for anything else that overlaps)...

The Brotherhood section only has about four always active topics and a weekly episode discussion thread.
The manga section has about the same amount of activity.

The old anime - I just don't see the point of its subforums at all. And the tenth thread down of the main section dates back to the 25th February. Not to mention the pinned topics that go back to march.

The film is pretty much a part of the original anime and definitely should be merged. "Those Who Have Seen The Movie, Rate It!" is the only regularly active thread thar.

The game discussion is sort of all over the place. I dunno. I'm probably biased against that because I don't like the FMA games. >_<

Fanworks' activity doesn't really need the two subforums either, does it?

And the tenth topic of the music section goes back to the 18th of December 2008.

I just think it could be improved and it would help streamline the forums more. Considering how tightly discussion is reined in to general threads for everything, all the space seems wasted. Right now it seems to discourage activity to me. :\

ETA: May 6

Little confused about the editing of your original post and I could've sworn you replied to this thread earlier. So I'm replying to your edit, I guess. Which is why I'm technically double posting here.

QUOTE (Tombow @ May 6 2009, 02:19 AM) *
Oh, and since fanworks forum is for fanworks done by our members, so if the vids are not made by our members but just some vids found on the Web, then we have different thread made to catch those also. And, BTW, as far as I know, we don't make threads and discuss about other boards or other fan communities on our board. smile.gif
Could you point me in the direction of these threads?
And I didn't mean discussing other websites, I meant discussing FMA fandom in general. When it isn't specific to characters or one type of media.

I'm also not saying there should be one single forum that everything FMA should be moved into, I'm just saying I think you should cut down on the overabundance of sections and subsections.
For one example; I don't see the point of splitting up the Japanese and American FMA watchers OR having a mother forum for both of these. It would be simpler and more encouraging of activity to have it as just one forum for the original series. And since the movie is part of that, I'd suggest merging that one in there too.

However, I was suggesting is that the characters section should be expanded to FMA as a whole. So that if anyone wishes to talk about things that cross over into the different media, instead of JUST one thing, they can do so.
Any topics pertaining to say just the manga, can still go in the respective section.

I think there seems to be some big difference in the definition of "active" threads, but anyway, according to what I consider to be active, as in the threads that are still open and hence the members are welcomed to post on, and many posters do... I think we have roughly 1,200 or so of these threads that are open and "postable" among FMA forums, and among them are 100 ~ 200 of considerably more active threads.
I class 'active' as regularly posted in.

If you take the manga section, the first pinned topics, the latest chapter discussion topic, and two other topics seem to be the only ones that have been regularly active and posted in just almost every day.

Basically, if the sections were laid out something like this:
  • Fullmetal Alchemist franchise (for anything that overlaps)
  • Original anime (one section for all of it, including Conqueror of Shamballa)
  • Brotherhood
  • Manga
  • Games

And topics about music could go in the section related to what they originate from. (like music from the original series in the original series section) Fanworks could go in respective sections as well, or maybe a subforum in the Franchise section, if that would be better.

Now I'm not saying that's exact or perfect, but just something along those lines.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jubily
post Oct 1 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #248

Citizen

Member No.: 71,263

Hi there!
Why isn't there any section dedicated to the OAVs?

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 1 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #249

Group Icon

QUOTE (jubily @ Oct 1 2009, 03:17 PM) *
Hi there!
Why isn't there any section dedicated to the OAVs?

Hi jubily, welcome to our board! I'm guessing the reason we don't have a sub-forum dedicated solely for OVA discussions is.... because the total volume of OVA discussions on our board probably does not warrant creating a forum solely for OVA discussions? ^^ Hence, OVA discussions share the forum with FMA movie discussions, and you can see the pinned "FMA OVA" discussion thread here. Please add you OVA discussions there. smile.gif

I see you posted the same question on Website collaboration thread also. It is answered here, so I took out that post. And, I will be moving this one here to Site Question thread later. If you get more questions about posting on our board, please post those on Site Question thread, and we'll try to help you with your questions there. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jubily
post Oct 1 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #250

Citizen

Member No.: 71,263

Thank you very muck Tombow! You were a great help!
I'll check that section right away!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 1 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #251

Group Icon

^ You're welcome! Hope to see you around the board! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
EniviD EiraM
post Oct 24 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #252

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,525

~ Suggestions For The Site And Some Questions ~

can wa add some backgrounds on the site...
I mean, add some graphics and some arts to the site because for me...
the white color background seems to be boring...peace!

also, I wanna ask if are the members different from the board?
Can the members become board members too?
Will the site update about the latest on FMA?

[pls. post a reply or back comment to my profile. THANKS!!]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 25 2009, 03:04 AM
Post #253

Group Icon

@Naomi Kumikoh(cutiedivine) - Welcome to our board! Once you register and becoming a member of fullmetal-alchemist.com board, that goes for all part of our board, the forums, Gallery, etc. Although, some members use only our Gallery and haven't posted in the forum part of our board, while some other members post only in the forums and have not used other part of our board, and so on. But, as far as I know, on our board, <site member> = <board member> = <forum member> and every member is welcome to use all parts of our board. biggrin.gif

As for the next question, the updating of the FMA info on the site is... I think, "on-going," but it seems to be going quite slow. ^^ If anyone would like to help out, and submit the stuff for updating of the FMA info for the site, here is the submission guideline posted by our Web-master Admin:

QUOTE (bryantq @ Sep 6 2007, 01:55 PM) *
...If you think something belongs on the website, make a post in this forum with the written data and images you would like to submit. If i approve it, i will add it to the main site and credit you for your hard work!

Rules:
  • Content must pertain to the Fullmetal Alchemist brand (anime, manga, movie, games, merchandise, etc)
  • Information must be cited if pulled from another source. Please include the origination url and author if applicable.
  • Images used cannot be fanart.
  • Please proofread for grammar and punctuation.
  • You may use BBCODE in your article and i will publish it as you design it smile.gif
How to submit:
To submit an article, use the following guidelines:

In the Topic Title, first prefix the title with the category in which the article falls (pick one from the left menu), followed by the topic.

For example, if i am submitting a character description for the anime series, which belongs in the Anime section of this website, my topic would be:

"Anime: Character Bio - Roy Mustang"

In the topic description, mention if this is a completely new article, or if it is an update to an existing one.

Please make sure your submissions are all proof-read and error free, then please post your submissions on this thread. ^^

Aside from that, there are numerous threads with FMA info in the forum part of the site that are updated periodically, although I'm guilty of falling behind on updating some of the threads with the latest info. ^^ If anyone would like to help out with translations or cataloging of FMA info for the info threads in the forums, please PM me and let me know. smile.gif

And, thank you for your suggestion! The admins will come here and read members' suggestions periodically (though they may not leave the reply posts.) ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
EniviD EiraM
post Nov 21 2009, 06:51 AM
Post #254

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,525

I suggest if the board will arrange some cosplay party with the reunion of all the members of this site ...

well, good luck to the board with that request !

haha !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Nov 21 2009, 07:25 AM
Post #255

Group Icon

QUOTE (Naomi Kumikoh(cutiedivine) @ Nov 21 2009, 09:51 AM) *
I suggest if the board will arrange some cosplay party with the reunion of all the members of this site ...

@Naomi Kumikoh(cutiedivine) - You mean, actual real-life cosplay-reunion party? unsure.gif
If so, I guess that might be kind of hard to organize, as our members are scattered around the world, from Boston to Bosnia, Peoria to Paris, Chinatown in NY to Chinese towns in, uh.. China.. you get the idea. XD But, if anyone is planning to attend some anime con, with or without doing cosplay, then you can post on our Anime cons thread to see if some people from our board might be attending the same con, and if you guys like, you can get together at the con. .. that's the closest I can come up with for now. XD And, if any of our members do get together at some Anime con, please take pics and post them on our board later!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 01:53 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css