Reply to this topicStart new topic
Theory On Dante And Gluttony In Episode 51
Daveman!
post Jan 25 2005, 10:22 PM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,321

Anyone else notice what looks like a hole in the top of the elevator?

So Basically.. Bones wins.

--------------------
Rawr.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kitsune911
post Feb 21 2005, 12:13 AM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 6,750

nope i didnt see one and i just watched it five times to be sure and i now have a strong suspicion that she is alive.

--------------------
Gotta Keep It Together

+Quote Post
Sin1588
post Feb 22 2005, 02:21 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 8,119

The only thing I saw was a puddle in the lift, the kind of puddle that Homonculus leave after they died. So I assume Gluttony was killed at least.

If Dante does no appear in the movie, then I will think she was killed as well.

--------------------
If you're strong you live, if you're weak you die. The weak are meant to become food for the strong so die and let me feast!

Ha ha, owned

+Quote Post
Full Flame Alche...
post Feb 23 2005, 12:33 PM
Post #34

Apprentice

Member No.: 5,327

puddle

blink.gif That was the hole that Gluttony made.

--------------------

Homonculus Rule(except Wrath)

+Quote Post
Ackman
post Mar 24 2005, 06:23 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 10,358

i have a theory that seems kinda freaky.... but hey its anime! i think that dante transfered her soul into gluttony as a crazy last act seein as she was going to be devoured and was going to die soon cuz her body was decaying, she had noting to lose but her breasts and some hair laugh.gif
to add to that she had all the philosophers stone she needed....in gluttony seing as he just came from eating a whole bunch from alphonse and had some all on his own also.

+Quote Post
Kaskas
post Mar 25 2005, 05:57 PM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 10,116

QUOTE(Ackman @ Mar 24 2005, 06:23 PM)
i have a theory that seems kinda freaky.... but hey its anime! i think that dante transfered her soul into gluttony as a crazy last act seein as she was going to be devoured and was going to die soon cuz her body was decaying, she had noting to lose but her breasts and some hair  laugh.gif
to add to that she had all the philosophers stone she needed....in gluttony seing as he just came from eating a whole bunch from alphonse and had some all on his own also.
[snapback]138574[/snapback]

It may not be as freaky as you think, it's true that Gluttony has some philosofers stone, so dante could have preformed something with it, but ¿what?

+Quote Post
vazel
post Mar 27 2005, 03:43 AM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 8,043

i believe that the alchemy dante used when she realized gluttony was going to attack her destroyed both her and gluttony.

--------------------
"Only The Shadow Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"

+Quote Post
xyzknight
post Mar 27 2005, 12:47 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 8,906

I, personally, think Dante IS dead, dosen't have to be because of Gluttony though- maybe they both fell from the elevator down,and i'll doubt she could alchemise something in the short time she was in the air (falling)

+Quote Post
clothalchemist
post Mar 28 2005, 12:53 AM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 10,450

I just finished watching the series and now I may have to rewatch that episode. I would like to think that Dante is dead of her own stupidy for taking away everything but Gluttony's gluttony cause I also don't like her. And the look on her face was priceless when she realized her predicament. But their ending was definitely left hanging and up for debate. Guess we can hope that someone will address it in some form.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 20 2005, 10:59 PM
Post #40

Guests

Fate of Gluttony?

[spoiler]Just watched FMA: Reflections. It implies Gluttony is dead. ohmy.gif Whereas the show leaves it open as to his fate. blink.gif

The line is:
"Lust, Gluttony, and Pride are gone."
while showing a few seconds before their last scene.
[/spoiler]

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 28 2005, 03:37 PM
Post #41

Guests

on a related note, Sloth apparently is alive somewhere according to Reflections.

Gluttony dead ... Sloth alive ... i'm confused.

+Quote Post
«°~Gluttony™~°»
post Apr 30 2005, 10:01 AM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 12,822

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 28 2005, 02:37 PM)
on a related note, Sloth apparently is alive somewhere according to Reflections.

Gluttony dead ... Sloth alive ... i'm confused.
[snapback]162525[/snapback]

no Gluttony isn't dead from what i seen,

I think Dante is dead, even thou it wasn't much of a fall, i don't think there was a way for her to be able to fix Gluttony's hunger, even thou there may be a slim chance she survived you never know

now as far as Sloth yeah I don't think she's dead either she was just turned into vapor

that can eventully be turned back into water given time

Gluttony - alive but think he's basically stuck down there

Envy - torn apart in the door

Greed - Killed in battle with ed

Sloth - Vaporised but not dead

Wrath/Loath* - Ed's arms taken away now has metal limbs like ed *= some strange reason i could never figure out what his name was cause i seen him being called both huh.gif

Lust - Sealed away by Wrath/Loath

President* - killed by The Flame Alchemist *= never got his Homunculus name for him huh.gif

ofcourse if i'm wrong in any of this do tell, i'm just an american viewer that seen all the japanese episodes

--------------------
Daughter(s) Winry Rockbell Elric
LiL SiS(s) ~FMAgurl~, Full Blade Alchemist, Fullmetal Fangirl, ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, Kit, MustEd4ever, Drina, Jen_Elric
LiL Bro(s) foolmetal alchemist, GreedEnvyWrath
If you want to be my lil or big bro or sis or even my daughter or son pm me I'm 26

user posted image
^yes this pic is one of my own creations ^

+Quote Post
Edo-mame
post May 31 2005, 11:40 PM
Post #43

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,481

All those who have not finished the anime series do not read any further, there will be no more warnings.(you shouldn't be in the movie's section if you didn't anyway tongue.gif)

We saw Gluttony lunge at Dante and Dante clap her hands, then we see an empty elavator with a hole that Gluttony made and what appears to be an exit on the roof of the elavator. Some of the possiblilitiess I've read about and considered are:

-Dante escaped by herself
-Gluttony ate Dante
-Dante killed Gluttony
-They both died, somehow
-They both got out of the elavator and disappeared somewhere

This is my own theory that I have come up with upon watching the ending again. Since Gluttony ate part of the Philospher's stone, he technically is/has a smaller fragment of the stone. Before he got turned into a mindless emobiment of gluttony he was ordered to eat Al because inside him the stone would be perfect (I assume that Dante meant that the stone would then be easier to use/better for carrying around?). So, what if Dante used him as part of the stone to transfer her soul into someone else? Now, unless rotten bodies can be fixed using the stone or she managed to "tame" Gluttony (which is higgly unlikely) so she could use him to transfer somewhere else,

Dante could have transfered her soul into Gluttony.

This is serious discussion so don't laugh(at my theory anyway happy.gif )! When alchemists touch Al as the Philospher's stone there is a chance of an unknown reaction, while Dante may not have intentionally transfered into Gluttony, it is a possiblility that she was trying to kill him but triggered an reaction that would cause that. So then Dante, to her horror, realized what had happened and melted the roof (or broke it or just plain opened it) with her newfound Gluttony powers and ran away to plot revenge and hide her new face. (Now you can laugh)

Now, how likely/possible is this or a should I cut back on crack?

--------------------
[center]
user posted image
[/center]

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jun 1 2005, 01:00 AM
Post #44

Guests

The reflections tv special implies Gluttony is dead so, it could mean Dante killed him or the body swap version.

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Jun 2 2005, 10:29 AM
Post #45

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 330

laugh.gif The mental image sure cracked me up. Seriously, it isn't an unlikely theory... Personally, I went with the "Gluttony ate Dante" one, but considering Guest's reply...

Moving topic to Character Discussion, by the way. smile.gif

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 02:37 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css