Reply to this topicStart new topic
Theory On Dante And Gluttony In Episode 51
Full Flame Alche...
post Jan 9 2005, 04:03 AM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,327

This will only make sense if you have seen episode 51. Dante is not dead.
She is in the lift. Gluttony comes eats the floor and appears.She notices he is hungry as he comes towards her,she claps her hands to do Alchemy.
Then we see the lift open, it's empty.
Normally the screen goes black and we hear munching. This doesn't happen. They must have fallen down the hole where Dante killed Gluttony. If she died, there would have been proof. I bet she's in the movie.

<Because a large part of discussions on this thread are about FMA Anime episode 51, I'm moving this thread from FMA Character Discussion forum to FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum. And, editing the title of the thread from "Theory On Dante And Gluttony, It makes sense... really" to "Theory On Dante And Gluttony In episode 51" to be more specific. ^^ 02/19/07 ~Tombow>

--------------------

Homonculus Rule(except Wrath)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Flame Alchemist ...
post Jan 9 2005, 06:51 AM
Post #2

Citizen

Member No.: 3,091

There is no proof that Gluttony is even dead. To kill a Homunculus, you need something from thier old body to paralyze them and then you need to kill them repeatedly untill the red stone in their body is gone unless uyou have the right transmutation circle which will begin to seal them and make them throw up the red stone, and since Dante did not have something from Gluttonys body or the transmutation circle, chances are that both Dante and Gluttony are alive. That is my theory.

+Quote Post
Full Flame Alche...
post Jan 9 2005, 07:13 AM
Post #3

Apprentice

Yes, I bet you're right. But why did Dante try to use Alchemy?(When she clapped her hands)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Jan 9 2005, 10:01 AM
Post #4

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

To probably protect herself from the attack. I like to believe Dante is dead because I dislike like her. She wasn't even a cool villian. Well to me anyway. If Dante was alive though wouldn't she had another scheme to obtain "immortal life" it seems she hasn't done anything for 2 years.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
Full Flame Alche...
post Jan 9 2005, 10:05 AM
Post #5

Apprentice

I hate her too but if there's no proof of her death she's probably alive.
Plus,how do you know she hasn't done anything for 2 years?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Jan 9 2005, 12:28 PM
Post #6

Brigadier General

When Ed was on the train 2 years had past. If their world our world have the same time spam. That would mean that it has been 2 years passing in their world, judging from the glimpses of how everyone is doing I doubt Dante has done anything. Dante will eventually perish like Ed's dad because she dosen't has the stone and is decaying... chances are she's dead. Her body was decaying quickly she was only in Lyra's body for a short time when we saw her. She may be alive but I think she's dead.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
Full Flame Alche...
post Jan 9 2005, 01:38 PM
Post #7

Apprentice

Okay.Okay. Maybe she's too weak to do anything or biding her time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flame Alchemist ...
post Jan 9 2005, 01:44 PM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 3,091

QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Jan 9 2005, 12:28 PM)
When Ed was on the train 2 years had past. If their world our world have the same time spam. That would mean that it has been 2 years passing in their world, judging from the glimpses of how everyone is doing I doubt Dante has done anything. Dante will eventually perish like Ed's dad because she dosen't has the stone and is decaying... chances are she's dead. Her body was decaying quickly she was only in Lyra's body for a short time when we saw her. She may be alive but I think she's dead.

Hmmm you could be right there but just because no one has heard anything about her doesnt mean that she is dead. Likethe full Flame Alchemist said maybe she is just biding her time which is probably alot more likely. Chances are she is alive and shes keeping herself unknown but to kill off the person that can control the homunculus that easily without even showing what happened to her is very unlikly. Wrath is deffiently alive and Gluttny maybe alive so Dante probably will be aswell and they will somehow be in the movie possibly.

+Quote Post
Full Flame Alche...
post Jan 9 2005, 01:48 PM
Post #9

Apprentice

My point exactly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Growler
post Jan 9 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #10

Citizen

Member No.: 3,579

ODnt forget that Dante has been controlling all the Homunculi for years

She knows what there weaknesses are and how to control them

I have to admit i was confused when the door opened but i reckon that the potential for a continuation is there BUT where did they go

Dont forget Dante can control Gluttony with alchemy on his tongue

Also she is to all inents and purposes immortal even tho her body is rotting and if she could could she take over Gluttony's body to save herself?

Think people think

What else could happen?

+Quote Post
AliCat
post Jan 9 2005, 04:08 PM
Post #11

Apprentice

Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE(Growler @ Jan 9 2005, 03:40 PM)
Dont forget Dante can control Gluttony with alchemy on his tongue

Also she is to all inents and purposes immortal even tho her body is rotting and if she could could she take over Gluttony's body to save herself?

While she can control Gluttony by the symbol on his tongue, she can't transfer her soul to his body without the Philosopher's Stone...can she? I don't think she can anyway blink.gif.

I, personally, think she's alive and biding her time. Of course, she doesn't have much time to bide, but she's probably laying low and trying to find how to make another stone with the remaining Homunculi. After the hell that broke lose before, it'd be stupid of her to allow herself to be seen causing trouble just from the sake that someone might stop her if they knew who she was.

Ok...who would stop her or even know who she really was is the new question. I might be stretching there but I think it'd be kind of dumb of her to be so brass to be seen out and about and making a new stone. My guess is she's working on it but laying low.

Now I've just cooked up another question though and maybe I missed something, but wasn't Dante's soul in that old lady before and sometime between when Ed and Al were there the first time and when they battled Greed Dante's soul was in Lyra's body? Or was that Dante the whole time? I...just confused myself...must go back and watch it again *snort* laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
*murfles about the crappy screencaps and wonders how everyone else got such good ones...*

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jan 9 2005, 05:10 PM
Post #12

Guests

I don't think she's alive but she could be alive though maybe the next time we see her , her face will be half rotting since she dosen't have the stone. 0_0 I would like to see that! Just because I hate her.

Now I've just cooked up another question though and maybe I missed something, but wasn't Dante's soul in that old lady before and sometime between when Ed and Al were there the first time and when they battled Greed Dante's soul was in Lyra's body? Or was that Dante the whole time? I...just confused myself...must go back and watch it again *snort* 

She first was in the old lady's body. As seen when Sloth had that flashback she was in that form. Then she used her last fragment of the stone to another body which happened to be Lyra. Did that help?

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Jan 9 2005, 05:12 PM
Post #13

Brigadier General

Sorry, for the double post but that was me above as guest I thought I was logged in.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
AliCat
post Jan 9 2005, 05:31 PM
Post #14

Apprentice

Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 9 2005, 05:10 PM)
She first was in the old lady's body. As seen when Sloth had that flashback she was in that form. Then she used her last fragment of the stone to another body which happened to be Lyra. Did that help?

Ah, yep, thanks Coffee wink.gif I must have missed that.

--------------------
user posted image
*murfles about the crappy screencaps and wonders how everyone else got such good ones...*

+Quote Post
Full Flame Alche...
post Jan 10 2005, 09:59 AM
Post #15

Apprentice

I've just thought of something. What did Dante do to Gluttony when she grabbed his tounge? And how? I can't remember if that's explained.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 02:57 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css