HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Have You Heard Anybody Pronounce Anime Title, Character Names, Etc. Wrong?
Heard it wrong?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 39
Guests cannot vote 
mongooseboi
post Jun 2 2005, 01:05 AM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,556

hhaha not to seem mean but i thought you said amino (like amino acids) at first. only quest i have is whether to stress the first a or second a in manga. not really sure which one is right.

--------------------

my onee-chan: xrninja :]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NightMistress
post Jun 2 2005, 01:14 AM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,212

I pronounce it like my friend does who studied in Japan a couple years. The stress when we say it is on the first a.

--------------------
Forum siblings: zarpia (my not so big sis) Fullmetal Fangirl (my very much so lil sis) ~FMAgurl~ (another very much so lil sis) MustEd4ever (another very lil sis) Drina (lil sis)

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Jun 2 2005, 05:33 AM
Post #18

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

QUOTE(Prinz_Zoisit @ Jun 2 2005, 01:16 AM)
yes.... i always use the "wrong pronounciation" until now.... since i'm 8 years old!^^

this is how i pronounce it, although i know it's wrong^^;;

it's emphasis sounds very german(on the second sillable)....
[snapback]183991[/snapback]

smile.gif we need to hear the proper pronounciation so I can fix myself :3 and hear Prinz voice which is soothing.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Jun 2 2005, 02:55 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 6,124

My mom pronounces anime "Anie May". Like it's someone's name or something.

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post
BellatrixAngelof...
post Jun 2 2005, 05:17 PM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 12,213

LOL I have to correct peoples pronounciation of both anime and Manga very frequently, especially certain friends of mine who seem to delight in creating new and more odd-ball ways to pronounce it. It's rather amusing how people can come up with so many varient ways of pronouncing one word though, if you think about it! But then again, it is pretty easy to mispronounce! laugh.gif

--------------------

Thank You to Riza Babe & Celestial Fangirl for the siggie! ^_^ ~My Forum Family~

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jun 2 2005, 06:20 PM
Post #21

Guests

QUOTE(Prinz_Zoisit @ Jun 2 2005, 12:16 AM)
yes.... i always use the "wrong pronounciation" until now.... since i'm 8 years old!^^

wow,you must be so little to only be 8,you are too young to be watching fullmetal alchemist and to be seeing blood or violence,someone should teach you a lesson.
you must be such an unproper child and should be watching something more
like toonami rather than seeing anything unapropriate for children.i think you
should not be watching anything tv pg and up.everybody here is probably older than you so go to another forum or something.though it's really your choice
don't take this too seriously little kid,it's just a reccomendation or something dry.gif

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Jun 2 2005, 07:04 PM
Post #22

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 2 2005, 06:20 PM)
wow,you must be so little to only be 8,you are too young to be watching fullmetal alchemist and to be seeing blood or violence,someone should teach you a lesson.
should not be watching anything tv pg and up.everybody here is probably older than you so go to another forum or something.though it's really your choice
don't take this too seriously little kid,it's just a reccomendation or something dry.gif
[snapback]184354[/snapback]

Dear Guest,

Shut up! You are not funny and from they way you type you are the one who is probably eight years old.

Love,
Me

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Jun 2 2005, 10:16 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 6,124

QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 2 2005, 09:20 PM)

What are you the kids mom or something? Who says Prinz even watches any violent anime anyway? Just cause he is on this sight does not mean he watches FMA. You should mind your own business and let the kid do what he wants. It's not like this is some Adult site or anything.

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Jun 2 2005, 11:48 PM
Post #24

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

I'm almost positive that Prinz is way over the age of eight. If he's not than he's the smartest 8yo I've ever seen. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Elderberry
post Jun 3 2005, 01:50 AM
Post #25

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 726

*Looks at Prinz-san*

...You are so not eight years old...You've been older than me for as long as I can remember. biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -
Currently designated as Marvelous Mechanic of the P!MP Mobile for the GP.
I've taken Foolmetal-kun under my wing as my GP Deshi-in training.

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Jun 3 2005, 07:15 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 30

*looks at Elderberry*
*sigh* -________________-

--------------------
IPB Image

"Two things fulfill my mind with always new and increasing admiration and reverence the more frequently and continuously i think about it busily:
the sky full of stars above me and the moral law inside of me..." (Immanuel Kant)

+Quote Post
BellatrixAngelof...
post Jun 3 2005, 02:33 PM
Post #27

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 12,213

I know I really shouldn't be interjecting here, since I'm hardly ever on this thread, but that was such a rude thing to say! I'm a newb, and even I thought that was rediculous! Don't you have any thing better to do then to give unwanted advice? I really don't think Prinz Zoisit needs a lecture in the first place, plus it's absolutely not your buisness! Please restrain your self from making such unproductive and inappropriate coments that are completely uncalled for.

To Prinz_Zoisit: I totally agree with Envy's lil' miniskirt. You don't seem 8 at all. laugh.gif

--------------------

Thank You to Riza Babe & Celestial Fangirl for the siggie! ^_^ ~My Forum Family~

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jun 3 2005, 04:04 PM
Post #28

Guests

QUOTE(BellatrixAngelofKyo @ Jun 3 2005, 02:33 PM)

I know I really shouldn't be interjecting here, since I'm hardly ever on this thread, but that was such a rude thing to say! I'm a newb, and even I thought that was rediculous! Don't you have any thing better to do then to give unwanted advice? I really don't think Prinz Zoisit needs a lecture in the first place, plus it's absolutely not your buisness! Please restrain your self from making such unproductive and inappropriate coments that are completely uncalled for.

To Prinz_Zoisit: I totally agree with Envy's lil' miniskirt. You don't seem 8 at all. laugh.gif
[snapback]184770[/snapback]

chill down,you don't need to fuss so much,i got a bit out of hand but i wasn't trying to be rude or anything,sorry prince zoist,i wasn't trying to act syupid or anything,
i was just shocked to learn you were only eight and i thiught that of a very odd idea that you were only eight, sad.gif look,i am just very immature and have bad judgement,that was off topic,i hope i don't blurt out something stupid again,
you all know i wasn't trying to be mean or anything,i let myself go here, but it looks like my response to prince zoist was a bit rude and stupid. sad.gif don't get too stubborn to my responce,i was never angry at you,i will leave this forum because i do not want to but in into your conversation,sorry laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jun 3 2005, 04:13 PM
Post #29

Guests

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jun 2 2005, 07:04 PM)

Dear Guest,

Shut up! You are not funny and from they way you type you are the one who is probably eight years old.

Love,
Me
[snapback]184389[/snapback]

you do not need to answer me, i get the point here already,
it's not like i wanted the kid to to it,i got too out of hand,sorry for the troubles
i have caused you all, sad.gif my advise is stupid,as i told you all,i was shocked to
learn that prinz zoist was eight,if he is he must be a genius eight year old
kid and should pass college by the age of like ten or something

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jun 3 2005, 04:14 PM
Post #30

Guests

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jun 2 2005, 07:04 PM)

Dear Guest,

Love,
Me
[snapback]184389[/snapback]

i am not eight, i am fourteen

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 11:19 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css