post Nov 4 2006, 08:46 PM
Post #91

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,591

is a good serie, the last battle of Kazuma and Ryoho is the best

--------------------

THANKS NIL-CHAN FOR THE SIG :)

I control the Time Flux, with my Chrono Heart and my high speed you will be defeated in 08:32 minutes

See you next time
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Turquese_alchemi...
post Nov 5 2006, 11:49 AM
Post #92

Citizen

Member No.: 42,644

I think it was very cool, but my TV explodes sad.gif

--------------------
I will defeat you with a turquese tornado! :D

+Quote Post
Hanozo
post Nov 8 2006, 08:48 AM
Post #93

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,469

The anime is cool and fine but the ending just kills it. Well my opinion since I don't get the ending at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Linken
post Nov 9 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #94

Citizen

Member No.: 42,720

It had its moments...but they definitely couldve done without the last episode

+Quote Post
Synth Alchemist
post Nov 12 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #95

Alchemists

Member No.: 42,768

I like it, the final battle with kasuma and ryoho was the best, and the of ryoho and his master, or kasuma with her ghosts, and kasuma and ryoho vs kyoji muyo, or when ryoho kills kimishima... i like it...

--------------------
Live by honour, kill by stealth

Tnx nil-chan for the sig!!!! :D

Happy New Year!

Oh my god i'm an State alchemist!!!!

+Quote Post
MustangSally
post May 24 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #96

Citizen

Member No.: 73,730

I realize this is a super old thread but I was bored and looking through this board tonight(I didn't actually realize this part of the board existed::not very observant:smile.gif but I have to say that S-Cry-Ed sort of was what slowly started me on my interest in anime. I mean I'd watched a few things when I was a kid(Star Blazers anyone:)) and I actually had seen a few episodes of the original Fullmetal Alchemist(it was strange, on the one hand I liked parts of it enough go check out the manga, and even to decide Roy Mustang was my favorite character, but on the other it didn't really grab me enough to make it "must see TV") but during the summer of 2006, when it was being shown on Adult Swim I somehow got totally hooked on S-Cry-ed. Don't know how or why but there you go. smile.gif

It might have been that Japanese Ricky Martin theme song(seriously listen to the opening theme and then listen to "She Bangs", they are practically the same song), who knows. LOL

I have mixed feelings about the quality of the show, despite it being the first anime I watched all the way through and the first one I bought on DVD. On the one hand, I am unsure if some of it was "bad on purpose" or if it was just well, not so good. I mean "Big Magnum"--"it's big, hard and coming right at you"? Sometimes it almost seemed like it was doing a bit of meta on some anime cliches(the characters constantly yelling each other names while fighting, the absolute obsession Kazuma and Ryouhou have with each other, even the "romantic" interests). Then again, it could just be that the writing wasn't very good. LOL Either way I got a kick out of it.

I rather liked the basic story and thought the characters were mostly interesting. My fave being Ryouhou(oh you know the tortured pretty boy, I couldn't resist smile.gif ), Straight Cougar was a likeable and interesting character too. I couldn't stand Mimori - one place I visited at the time used to joke about her turning into the crazy cat lady by the time she was 30. smile.gif Frankly I cracked up when Ryouhou basically was like "yeah I like you but...I'm leaving, got more important things to do, besides some other chick died for me" and then she starts talking like she's well on her way 40 cats when she's convinced she'll wait for him and he'll come back to her. Oddly I liked Sherice, sure she had the unrequited love thing and she could be petty and jealous, but at least she had a little more life than Little Miss Perfect--her imperfections made her more interesting.

I also liked the idea of "the other world" where the Alter power came from and I liked the way some of the powers were manifested - like it was kind of cool when the second form of Zetsuie showed up using what basically looked like a waterspout. I also rather liked that the changes Kazuma and Ryuhou went through had some various effects on their physical bodies. It wasn't just "hey let's power up", it also in some ways changed them(the markings they started developing). I also thought it was interesting, in theory, the different ways their powers came about.

As for the ending, I did think it went on a bit too long but I think I get the idea of the actual finale episode. Kazuma and Ryuhou are basically like forces of nature by this point, both necessary yet both opposites, so both drawn to and repelled by each other. Even the way their powers came about showed that. Kazuma while born with alter power, basically made himself powerful, he went looking for it. His will made him strong, but the reason he got that huge power up was because he went in search of it. Ryuhou was born with it, that power was in him all along, and he was basically fighting against it, he was afraid of it and couldn't power up until he accepted it.

And basically they just didn't really like each other(or maybe they liked each other too much...hmmm...it was all about fighting that lovin' feeling j/k) so I thought it was kind of brilliant in an "OMG! I can't believe this" way - the two protagonists spend 20 minutes just beating the freakin' heck out of each other while considering how their lives would have been different if they'd never met and what they kind of wish their lives could have been but never would have been.

Roughly I'd say by the end, Ryuhou was kind of personifying "order" and Kazuma was sort of personifying "chaos", you need both for balance but on their own they were lacking and could be downright dangerous--Ryuhou could be overly controlling and judgmental and Kazuma could be overly cynical and laissez faire.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 09:57 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css