Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

S-cry-ed, Who watches it?
Jen_Elric
post May 29 2005, 05:45 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,551

s-CRY-ed (スクライド Sukuraido?), also known as s.CRY.ed or Scryed, is a 26-episode Japanese anime TV series, produced by Sunrise, directed by Gorō Taniguchi and written by Yōsuke Kuroda, which first aired in Japan on TV Tokyo and Animax.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: A strange environmental phenomenon 22 years ago in the Kanazawa prefecture caused the land to split and protrude upwards reaching unprecedented heights, creating the secluded area known as The Lost Ground. Kazuma is a young mercenary who lives in the Lost Ground, looking for any work he can find to sustain his livelihood within the harsh environment. He is one of the few people that are gifted with the Alter ability, which allows him to plaster his right arm and torso with a metallic alloy. When this mercenary encounters HOLY, an order whose purpose is to suppress and capture what they call Native Alter Users, and one of the elite members of HOLY, Ryuho, an epic rivalry begins.

Genres: action, drama, science fiction
Themes: developing powers, fighting, superpowers
Episodes: 26
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

-------

Ok. I searched the forum, and didn't see a topic about this.
Anyways, Adult Swim started to show this anime last night, at 12:30pm. i wanted to know if anyone saw it.
I thought it was pretty good. I was a bit confused, but I'm looking forward to seeing the next episode.

Let's discuss s-CRY-ed! smile.gif

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Fresh_Coffee
post May 29 2005, 06:02 PM
Post #2

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

:3 I watched the fan-sub last year.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
mei_tenshi
post May 29 2005, 06:10 PM
Post #3

Major General

Member No.: 3,343

What is it about? I saw maybe two minutes of it, but couldn't stay up. =_=

--------------------

CoF #11

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post May 31 2005, 07:54 AM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Major)

Ummm..*sweatdrop*...it's hard for me to explain. I only saw the 1st episode, so I was hoping someone who saw more of it, would expain it for those who never saw it.
But maybe not many saw it. Gah...I feel kinda stupid for putting this thread up. Oh well... sleep.gif

--------------------

My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
lialiakicks
post May 31 2005, 08:17 AM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 228

Oh, I saw the whole series fansubbed...

The only problem is I saw it waaayyy back in 2001, when it first came out. And I only saw each episode once, which is unusal for me. So my memory will be quite hazy. Sorry. =_=;

--------------------
[DECEMBER 2006 UPDATE!!!]

Elvish Vamp's Hagaren Manga Music Video can be found HERE!!!Please leave comments and suggestions in her "Manga AMV" forum!

Sky_Dark made the avatar. Worship Sky-sama's awesomeness! XD

+Quote Post
Zarpia
post May 31 2005, 09:25 AM
Post #6

Rasta Maldita

Member No.: 4,384

My brother told me that it was a good show, but i haven't seen it yet

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dustydevil8809
post May 31 2005, 02:31 PM
Post #7

Citizen

Member No.: 14,594

i watched about ten seconds. it looked boring so i changed it biggrin.gif cool.gif

--------------------
Winners never quit, quitters never win, but those who never quit or win, are stupid!
user posted image
Senior League Hockey! JOIN NOW!
user posted image ALL HAIL THE BUNNY!

+Quote Post
~Pride~
post May 31 2005, 02:43 PM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 13,940

What is this S-cry-ed and what is it about?Looks kinda dumb dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Hagane no Renzy
post May 31 2005, 03:15 PM
Post #9

Apprentice

Member No.: 8,256

I saw the entire first episode. In my opinion, it sucked...baad. ANYONE notice *it's hard to notice, mind you* that Spike's voice actor ONCE AGAIN plays the main role!? This guy is SO overused!!!

-Spike, Cowboy Bebop
-Shishio, Rurouni Kenshin
-Roger, Big O
-Mugen, Samurai Champloo
-Whatever his name is, s-CRY-ed

Jeezus...

Also, they explained, like, NOTHING! What the hell is an 'alter?' It was like a cheap rip-off of FMA, with his fake arm and stuff! I really wanna know that all that crap is about...wow, I got angry just then didn't I?

--------------------
Quote of the Day:
"Zonkoku na tenshi no you ni...
Shonen yo shinwa ni nare..."
--Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cruel Angel's Thesis
Zio Animated Series
Zio the Matt! The comedy/action anime series created by me and my good friends! Episodes 1-8 complete...care to take a look? See them for free at the forums!
Mi Familia:
Kit- HELLO~!

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post May 31 2005, 04:00 PM
Post #10

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

QUOTE(Hagane no Renzy @ May 31 2005, 04:15 PM)
Also, they explained, like, NOTHING! What the hell is an 'alter?' It was like a cheap rip-off of FMA, with his fake arm and stuff! I really wanna know that all that crap is about...wow, I got angry just then didn't I?
[snapback]183072[/snapback]

First off how can it be a rip off of FMA if it came out way back in 2001? By your stand point Fma is ripping off Scryed. Oh and it's only the first epsoide, so, why would they tell you what an 'alter' is, there is something called holding information so the viewer is surpised. It's not a fake arm.

Here is summary for you kiddies who haven't seen the series. smile.gif

Got this from Anime Info.

In the near future, an unexplained phenomenon has occured on a distant island called "The Lost Grounds", giving birth to a new species of human. These evolved humans, called Alter Users, can manipulate matter and reform (or alter) it into unique forms. On this remote island, those born inside a walled city are citizens, while everyone born outside live lawless lives in the badlands. In an attempt to keep the peace the police force HOLD along with the elite alter-user squad HOLY capture dangerous native alter users and offer them a choice... join HOLY or be imprisoned. After young native alter user Kazuma's run-in with HOLY, questions arise. Is HOLY really interested in the good of all, or is there some other motive behind their actions?

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Jun 1 2005, 07:00 AM
Post #11

State Alchemist (Major)

Thank you so much, FreshCoffee, for the summary. I understand it a bit more now.
I will continue to watch it, cuz I have a feeling that it will get better. I mean, when I saw the first episode of Samurai Champloo, I wasn't really inpressed, but after seeing the second and third episodes, I really like it now.
But, everyone has their own opinions. I watched it cuz it was a new anime (for me at least), and also cuz FLCL was after it. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dark Alchemist13...
post Jun 1 2005, 05:58 PM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 13,820

I watched it. It was confusing and it didn't explain the story or what the hell an altar is. It was cool I guess. I'll keep watching it......no wait......maybe.....yes,no,yes,no.....ok i'll watch it but they better explain it more.

+Quote Post
Hagane no Renzy
post Jun 1 2005, 06:09 PM
Post #13

Apprentice

Member No.: 8,256

Yah, I'll give it more chances like I do all animes. Sorry for exploding Coffee. tongue.gif

--------------------
Quote of the Day:
"Zonkoku na tenshi no you ni...
Shonen yo shinwa ni nare..."
--Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cruel Angel's Thesis
Zio Animated Series
Zio the Matt! The comedy/action anime series created by me and my good friends! Episodes 1-8 complete...care to take a look? See them for free at the forums!
Mi Familia:
Kit- HELLO~!

+Quote Post
Maes-Hughes
post Jun 2 2005, 05:26 PM
Post #14

Alchemists

Member No.: 6,982

first of all you are all noobs, an altar user is just like a super sayian in DBZ, AND it is NOT a rippoff of FMA, if you even paied attention to it then u would realize that and STOP DISSING IT!!!! the animation is very well, the story so far seems neat and dont judge a book by its cover

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Jun 2 2005, 06:29 PM
Post #15

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

QUOTE(Maes-Hughes @ Jun 2 2005, 06:26 PM)
first of all you are all noobs

Oh, the irony. It kills.

QUOTE(Maes-Hughes @ Jun 2 2005, 06:26 PM)
an altar user is just like a super sayian in DBZ, AND it is NOT a rippoff of FMA, if you even paied attention to it then u would realize that and STOP DISSING IT!!!! the animation is very well, the story so far seems neat and dont judge a book by its cover

Perhaps you should explain your point if you want everyone to understand that the anime is as good as you say it is.

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 05:12 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css