Reply to this topicStart new topic
What If 4kids Did Fma, Spoiler Warning!
Diamond Ice
post Jun 20 2005, 05:18 PM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,630

No...just....no. *goosebumps* That would be the most frightening thing in my life.

All the crappy title names, all the stupid songs, all the action, fighting and blood cut out, guns/alcohol/smoking very bad for them and for "kids" to view, a 4Kids revision of Teletubbies with alchemy. *screams in horror*

I love you, FUNimation. You saved the one of the best anime around.

Basically, all in all, Full Metal Alchemist, if 4Kids did get it, just wouldn't be Full Metal Alchemist. It would have been ruined. Just ruined.

I don't know why 4Kids still bothers with dubbing. It's like they haven't found out they suck at it.

--------------------
http://afight.free.fr/avatars/Themes/full_.../Avatars/61.jpg
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>A EdXWinry and RoyXRiza Fan</span>
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I love Ed!</span>

"Hey! I'm as normal as they get! This is a contest of freaks! What do you want me to do? Hit them with my sling shot?" ~Maes Hughes (Anime)

"HI EVERYBODY! What a lot of gloomy faces! You're looking cheerful today!" ~ Edward Elric (Manga)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Philosopher'...
post Jun 21 2005, 09:53 AM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 11,277

Oh that's hilarious! I read those lyrics and...seriously you made my day. And don't you go telling me what to find funny or not! It's funny because its the damned truth. Whisky would be apple juice or some shit. It would be laughable to see what they'd try to do to *politically correct* the scientific necromancy and all those heavy themes that drives the show. Likely, nothing vaguely resembling a story would emerge.

Which begs the question: Why do they even bother marketing this crap when they could make their own cartoons? That way, they might have something halfway coherent.

In all likelyhood, FMA's seriousness probably kept 4Kids from picking it up. You'd think they'd have a catharsis after realizing that a lot of things that children watch are "G" rated and still have guns, weapons or alcohol. "OHMYGOSH! MY FATHER DRINKS BEER! MY IMPRESSIONABLE ADOLESCENT MIND HAS BEEN IRREPERABLY WARPED!"

Anyway, from what I've seen, most of the character motivations and important plot elements are intact in One Piece, so at least forgive them a little, they could have done worse.

+Quote Post
Guest_Scieszka-Glomping_*
post Jun 21 2005, 11:05 AM
Post #33

Guests

QUOTE(Diamond Ice @ Jun 20 2005, 05:18 PM)
No...just....no. *goosebumps* That would be the most frightening thing in my life.

All the crappy title names, all the stupid songs, all the action, fighting and blood cut out, guns/alcohol/smoking very bad for them and for "kids" to view, a 4Kids revision of Teletubbies with alchemy. *screams in horror*

I love you, FUNimation. You saved the one of the best anime around.

Basically, all in all, Full Metal Alchemist, if 4Kids did get it, just wouldn't be Full Metal Alchemist. It would have been ruined. Just ruined.

I don't know why 4Kids still bothers with dubbing. It's like they haven't found out they suck at it.
[snapback]196152[/snapback]

That is so true. they'd just say, "Oh, ed said bastard. lets change that to poop head. they'll but that! Riza has a gun, let's make it a water squrter! Scar kills people, lets make him talk about his problem!" They would SO ruin it. THANK YOU< FUNIMATION!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Digitalgirl
post Jun 22 2005, 12:23 AM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 10,483

FMA 4kids style would def. suck. So I think we should try to...uh...put 4kids out of business!!!

[and quickly, if there's to be any hope for Naruto *cries*.....]

+Quote Post
gseed
post Jun 23 2005, 02:40 PM
Post #35

Apprentice

Member No.: 13,731

Wow if 4kids did FMA it would have been a total disaster but it wouldn't affect me because I did watch the Japanese version anyway so yeah. But they screwed up One Piece sooo freakin much!

--------------------
<Your sig is too large (long) for our board. Max sig size for our board is 500 pix wide and 300 pix high. Could you shrink your sig a bit?? ^^>

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/798/gseedcloud26vp.jpg

+Quote Post
animefangirl
post Jun 25 2005, 06:18 AM
Post #36

Alchemists

Member No.: 15,416

if 4kids got fma it woulda been a disaster but look on the bright side at least onepiece is a good lauph,how well watch each eposode and lagh at 4kids cuase they screwed up badly ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
forum family

big sis
aqua mew
the other sin
sakura briefs
eds numbah 1 fan
chocolate eds everywere
dust storm big brother
zombie
ed elrich

body guard
halford
freind
ramen
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Sikiu-San
post Jun 26 2005, 07:42 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 3,436

*has a heart attack and a stroke all at one time* if 4kids got fma 4kids would no longer be in existence because thousands of angry fans (including me) would of killed everyone there XD holy shit the horror @_# yeah im going to stop thining about it now. the horror!! *gonk*
*cough* really hope they dont <censored for the kiddies> up naruto or i seriously think heads will roll >> =3*cough*

+Quote Post
Cloudy-Wolf
post Jun 26 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 15,722

*Imageines it*.............*takes a power drill to his head*

God, I hate 4kids, they destroyed One Piece! I'm happy they didn't get their grimey hands on it....*imageines 4kids getting Bleach* GAH!!!!!!! *jumps out a window*

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
hidden__happines...
post Jun 28 2005, 07:34 PM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 16,077

Oh my god. O_O

I heard that 4kids was dubbing it, but if that really happened....

*shivers..*

Oh god...

+Quote Post
NinjaGaiden
post Jul 20 2005, 04:15 AM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 9,167

ugh, hahahahahahahaha laugh.gif

+Quote Post
AlchemistCookie
post Jul 21 2005, 05:05 AM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 15,750

I am utterly. FREAKED OUT by that rap.

Please don't do that again.

EDIT: That's a frightening thought...Fullmetal Alchemist being sold to 4kids. A lot of important bits would be cut out like [spoiler]the Philosoper's stone being created and the deaths of most of the holmonculi[/spoiler]

But that would never happen, I bet you. If it did, then I wouldn't know how they touched the flawless FMA with their grubby hands, Heck, Fullmetal Alchemist would only be 10 minutes or less, and they would've completely destroyed Fullmetal Alchemist and turn it into Fullmetal Fluffy-puppy Alchemist.

--------------------
user posted image
AlchemistCookie:
-Likes Milk [and I'm tall XD]
-Is afraid of staring cats
-is a Roy x Edward fan
-Frequently sings Japanese songs when no-one's around
-Will post Fanart if she finds a scanner
-My forum family

+Quote Post
Anborn
post Jul 21 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 17,485

Hughes wouldn't disappear, he'd be sent to the hospital in the Shadow Realm with Kuina.

Besides, 4Kids already has rabid OP fans (myself included) breathing down their necks. They wouldn't want to anger the FMA fans also.

+Quote Post
The_Fallen_Angel...
post Jul 21 2005, 12:24 PM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 14,126

You guys seem to be forgetting the "soccer moms" also play a role in the butchering of anime. They usually create huge petitions and hand it over to 4kids. Thats what they did for some of the Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! episodes. Same with One Piece I believe.

+Quote Post
Karo
post Jul 21 2005, 06:37 PM
Post #44

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,905

4Kids dub Shaman King and that was horrible. I'm sure it would be worse with FMA.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Guest_jumakuane927_*
post Jul 21 2005, 07:36 PM
Post #45

Guests

if 4 kids stole FMA id kick their ass..... they cant touch that cuz id be p-oed grrrrr... thatd be awful theyd totally kill it. and oh no poor ed would be all screweyed up and stuff and itd be horrible and Fma aint for kids why do they think its on adult swim ne who???? i mean gosh and nice one with the song..... i like that! lol rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 07:04 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css