HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is Royai Overrated?
Is RoyAi overrated?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 301
Guests cannot vote 
hagane_no_tokage
post May 19 2005, 08:49 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,565

QUOTE(hakai-kun @ May 19 2005, 03:32 AM)
Oh, and hagane_no_tokage: I just wanted to say something about 150%..... If you take a glass and fill it with water the most water you can put into that glass is 100% filled, right? If you put anymore the glass will just overflow and the water will be wasted. tongue.gif just something I wanted to share... cool.gif
[snapback]175232[/snapback]

dry.gif oh bah. put the cup in a bowl. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fullmetal Fangir...
post May 20 2005, 04:27 AM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 6,336

you guess said it, man...two thumbs up...

by the way, yes i am a super gay f4g, but what does "canon" mean...

--------------------
Currently empty because of Fullmetal Fangirls lazy-ness. She is currently in "stage" of lazy-ness.

No release date for a new signature yet. Please standby.

+Quote Post
silver bg
post May 20 2005, 06:01 AM
Post #18

Alchemists

Member No.: 13,347

i voted just a tad

--------------------
IPB Image
I am the blue engery ball and the engery gathering around it >_<

+Quote Post
POTOPHREAK
post May 20 2005, 06:07 AM
Post #19

Alchemists

Member No.: 13,044

QUOTE(Fullmetal Fangirl @ May 20 2005, 04:27 AM)
you guess said it, man...two thumbs up...

by the way, yes i am a super gay f4g, but what does "canon" mean...
[snapback]175824[/snapback]

Maybe you can check this webbie out smile.gif: http://www.woodworksezine.com/2004/issue08/ffglossary.html

--------------------
user posted image
Urahara and Yoruichi
Sorry if my coloring stinks and hurts your eyes or sth.

+Quote Post
Fullmetal Fangir...
post May 20 2005, 04:23 PM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Major)

aaah, ok thanx

so its like, a sequel to the ending only....not...

--------------------
Currently empty because of Fullmetal Fangirls lazy-ness. She is currently in "stage" of lazy-ness.

+Quote Post
Chibi Viki
post May 21 2005, 07:09 AM
Post #21

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 32

ok guys, let's not start an anti-yaoi campaign here happy.gif;;

although some of us may feel strongly against yaoi, we must also respect those who think otherwise.

the truth is, i understand why people like EdRoy... both are the major players of the series, both kick ass, and both experienced life-changing trauma related to alchemy giving them something huge in common.

this is also partially bones' fault for altering their personalities since roy did have some "gay" moments with ed or hughes. stupid bones.

imagine roy, as a girl, being the same age as ed and riza out of the picture and you'll see a possible couple.

plus, the anime didn't give much personality to Riza... most of the time, she's standing still and not do anything interesting.

stupid bones.

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Phyco girl
post May 21 2005, 07:19 AM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 7,070

Hiromu Arakawa is a genius.

Bones just ticks me off dry.gif

That's why I like the manga better. There are SO many plotholes in the anime. They could've done a much better job which just get on my nerves.

I like the EdWin pairing but I also like Roiai so I just did null vote.

Yes, I know that this poll upsets Roiai fans but it's just other people's opinions. They'll think what they think.

I personally am NOT a fan of yaoi but nonetheless I'll respect the people who do like those pairings.

I really hate Bones. I mean the manga has much more Roiai and EdWin in it. It's also just, well, better.

So, that's all I have to say. I totally agree with Chibi Viki there. Thanks and see all you guys later happy.gif

-Phyco girl

+Quote Post
Fullmetal Fangir...
post May 21 2005, 04:57 PM
Post #23

State Alchemist (Major)

stupid bones.

stupid bones....

Yes bones tick me off too, they focus on the story and thats it, like the characters have nothing else to do...*sigh* you dont get me? Dont worry i dont get myself sometimes...

Well, seeing what they did to the god dam series, lets see how the MOVIE goes *is scared now*

And yes, the manga may be a lot better, only they dont look the same, like the anime has its own style of animation and drawing style then Hiromu Arakawa.
Ok, you dont get me with this either, and no, i dont understand myself either.
But its like, the two different styles annoy me, i wish Hiromu Arakawa drew them the same as they did in the series...

anyway, at least the Mangas still going on...

--------------------

+Quote Post
lenita
post May 21 2005, 09:29 PM
Post #24

Apprentice

Member No.: 644

the only real/hot/cool pairing that i've seen in the fma anime is roy&riza... but it's my opinion, althougth i'm seeing other animes but i've not seen yet another perfect couple like them

ROYAI is the best thing in the wooorlddddd biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Chibi Viki
post May 22 2005, 08:48 AM
Post #25

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 32

QUOTE(Fullmetal Fangirl @ May 21 2005, 11:57 PM)
And yes, the manga may be a lot better, only they dont look the same, like the anime has its own style of animation and drawing style then Hiromu Arakawa.
Ok, you dont get me with this either, and no, i dont understand myself either.
But its like, the two different styles annoy me, i wish Hiromu Arakawa drew them the same as they did in the series...

anyway, at least the Mangas still going on...
[snapback]177017[/snapback]

first of all, the manga came first. the anime came later. this is Bones' version of hiromu arakawa's designs.... just like the story. so, that means that arakawa-sensei's drawings are the original versions and not the anime's.

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
POTOPHREAK
post Jun 1 2005, 06:54 AM
Post #26

Alchemists

Member No.: 13,044

Yeah, stupid bones.
A lot of great moments of the manga was left out by BONES... *sigh* About the movie, I really have high expectations. They sorta hinted about *sth* happened in these 2 years, but I think it would be really painful for Roy becoming a Private and Riza staying in Central. Ouch.

Though in Chapter 51, Riza is really prettily drawn... And Roy looks really cool.
lolz what am I talking?

--------------------
user posted image
Urahara and Yoruichi
Sorry if my coloring stinks and hurts your eyes or sth.

+Quote Post
ling*
post Jun 1 2005, 07:22 AM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 13,547

Why haven't I notice this thread before? ph34r.gif

As a super royai fangirl, I just want to say that I really DO LOVE royai! ! !

I really want to see the manga as you guys KEEP ON telling me that
the manga 's WAY better than the anime.
I'll be disappointed if there's nothing much about Roy and Riza in the movie sleep.gif

What would you choose if you're going to Japan but the date crashed with your Japanese lessons? I mean, seeing the movie is a very BIG issue but I don't really want to miss any of the lessons ohmy.gif
The summer course's up to 13/8. Will the movie be still shown in theatres after 13/8?
I don't want to wait until NEXT year to see it at my place unsure.gif
If I get a pass at the end of course admission exam then I could continue to learn japanese.
But if I fail...........byebye then...........AH! What to do?*puzzled*

--------------------
Avatar made by Cephied Variable (LJ)

+Quote Post
Penguin
post Jun 1 2005, 09:53 AM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 4,928

... and people talk about how annoying yaoi, yuri, and what-have-you fans are. I see a lot of rantings on het couples around here, that it is almost laughable/sickening. I'm sorry, but Royai and EdWin are overrated on these forums. ( But calm down. I have nothing against any of you. )

I've never seen such abundancy of these fans before, and in so many ways, it makes me want to leave because it is also full of bashing of just about every other couple. I mean, I am already on the Fullmetal Alchemist group on LiveJournal, and personally, I find that place a lot calmer than here.

Now, before anyone bashes, I like Royai, EdWin and all the other canon couples; but I hate how you all act like it's OMGCANONTHEYAREINLOVE. Because, well, it hasn't happened yet. Once they snog on a manga chapter, I'll content. XD

And let's not get on the RoyEd topic, okay? The excessive manner around this thread of anti-yaoi and everything really gives this forum a bad image.

And who cares if someone pairs them up? I'm not complaining about who you guys want to see together.

In fact, WHY do you like seeing Roy and Hawkeye together? And if you say because 'it's obvious' and everything, that's not stating why YOU like it. Really, I bet you would find your reasons not all that different from why a yaoi fan likes seeing two males together. smile.gif

+Quote Post
angieness
post Jun 1 2005, 01:21 PM
Post #29

Apprentice

Member No.: 560

I'm usually not into pairings for any series but the canon pairings in FMA to me make a lot of sense. I support Royai all the way!

EdxAl-haha probably the only fantasy pairing that to me makes any sense because these two only think about each other. I don't support it at all since it's all brotherly love but I can understand where the idea came from

EdxRoy-I'll never understand 99% of yaoi couplings, people just like throwing characters that totally hate each other or have nothing to do with each other for kicks. In all honesty the two don't hate each other, they're just rivals, but c'mon I wish people would start coming up with yaoi couplings that made sense. NarutoxSasuke, GokuxVegeta(ew), etc you all don't make any sense at all! ^^; I'm not at all homophobic, afterall a lot of my closest friends are gay so that's not my reasoning for disliking 99% of yaoi pairings

EdxWinry-I do support this pairing although as stated above, in the anime world Ed sort of doesn't give Winry the time of day. The manga backs it up way more than the anime

RizaxHavoc-the only way these two bond is by having the same color hair. That's about it. They really don't interract much at all. I imagine it would make as much sense as pairing Riza with any of the military guys

I'm not trying to put anyone down for liking certain pairings, this is just how I feel altogether. I prefer having more solid evidence before I support a pairing. What can I say? I'm very picky because it's very rare I care about any sort of pairings since I've never really cared for most of them in any anime. In my opinion RoyEd is the most overrated of them all simply because there's no evidence and the fact that every single messageboard, livejournal, fanart site, etc. I've been to the RoyEd far outnumbered the Royai. If you line up the evidence between all the pairings EdWinry and RoyRiza would be at the top of the list of most realistic pairings. (plus if you've seen the last episode of FMA there's no way you can deny Royai)

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Fullmetal Fangir...
post Jun 1 2005, 11:44 PM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Major)

Its about time someone pointed all them things out!

yeah i really HATE HavocAi it pisses me off...WAY off...

same with RoyEd, completely uncalled for!

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2016 - 09:19 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css