Samurai Champloo
Tombow
post Mar 23 2006, 03:52 AM
Post #286

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^^ Yeah, that "blind chick assisin vs Jin episode" was awsome!!

And, "them staying in the buddist temple, and Mugen fighting the former apprentice of the buddist monk who used to have a kenjitsu dojo" was a good one, too.
Also, I liked "Jin falling in love and help her escaping the brothel in Hamamatsu" story. smile.gif

For funny episodes, "Hakone episode with field full of weed" tops my list!! XDDDD
(Tho, there are more I liked. biggrin.gif )

Post more when I remember some other good episodes!! happy.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Mar 24 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #287

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,551

The "field full of weed" episode is one I really wanted to see and I missed! I'll have to see when it's on so I can see it!
Yeah, I really liked the "Jin falling in love" episode. I also liked the "baseball" story, and the "Mugen joins the mob" episodes.

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
drake220
post Mar 28 2006, 05:27 PM
Post #288

Citizen

Member No.: 10,637

okay, god bless whoever did that summary. my mother has insomnia and she taped over the last episode 5 minutes after the beginning. now i have to wait until the cycle ends again to see it!
as for funniest episode, definitely the baseball one. i made the baseball obsessed guys in my family watch the scene with the game just to show them how absrud their obsession was but all that happened was me getting mocked for liking 'cartoons'.

my favorite serious episode is the arc where Myugen's backstory gets explained. the fighting and the emotion were just so well balanced. it was great.

my favorite fluffy/serious moment was absolutely when the blind assassin admitted to herself that her child was dead. she's just so broken up about it (understandably) and essentially commits suicide. It was also in my opinion the epsiode with the best visual mertaphor w/ the pinwheel that stops turning. just brilliant

--------------------
"Why are elves always swordsmen?
"ah, let me see. Sometimes it isn't convenient or safe to to use magic; a sword is as useful as a wand or rod for storing spells; projectile weapons tend to be awkward and can run out of ammunition at awkward moments-"
"And you are an elegant people and swords just look Really Cool."
"and swords look Really Cool."
-Son of Darkness

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Mar 29 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #289

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

Like I mentioned earlier, I just recently got into Samurai Champloo, and it's a good thing too (I'm partial to Jin over the other two). I love how the show simultaneously loves and disregards history, and who doesn't think sword-fights are awesome? And despite what everyone at TV.com thinks, I like Episode #23 "Baseball Blues." I only wish Kagemaru (orange tinted sunglasses, anyone?) had a clearer ending (too ambiguous. Is he dead or alive? Better be alive). The final three episodes are just...AWESOME. There is no other word to describe them. It's like a movie. If nothing else, I could consider ordering just those three episodes (via volume seven) and impress people.

"Oh, for Pete's sake!"

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Mar 29 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #290

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

I thought of another episode I really liked! The one where Mugen learns to read and write. I just thought it was funny and I liked how he used the infinity symbol to write his name on that castle (I think it was a castle).

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Mar 29 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #291

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

I've got a question over here? In Episode #22: Cosmic Collisions, how did Jin, Mugen, and Fuu survive a direct impact from a meteor? Last time I checked, they were at ground zero when Heike called down "The stars."

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Vash_the_Gunslin...
post Mar 29 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #292

Major General

Member No.: 33,355

I've heard that maybe they were dreaming instead of it really happening. Or maybe since it was really a messed up episode they could have just said that it was something.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 2 2006, 02:02 AM
Post #293

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^^ Yeah, that episode was too spacy to take it as real, I think. biggrin.gif

Like others the baseball episode was fun!! And the grafitti episode. laugh.gif

For fluff episodes, I also liked the arc with the ainu guy. Jin trying to catch fish scene was sooo funny! smile.gif

ETA: Oh yes!! @DZBrick6 - I agree!! The counterfait episode is another good one!!
Mugen is sooo funny in that one!! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DZBrick6
post Apr 4 2006, 07:56 AM
Post #294

Apprentice

Member No.: 25,718

Episode 15 was a good one as well (counterfeiters). Mugen just trying to get a little action ends up beating up all the bad guys and STILL gets his clock cleaned by the girl he's after...and keeps going back for more! I don't think I would've been THAT determined.

Gotta agree with the general consensus here as well, the last three episodes are worth a watch to anyone who likes a good cliffhanger...even if the entire series sucked (which it doesn't!), those last episodes would make up for it.

--------------------
Never underestimate the healing power of butter...

IPB Image

IPB Image<--I am SUPER MOD. Hear me roar...

+Quote Post
GREEDisGOOD
post Jun 6 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #295

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,729

I never did like this show very much. The central plot's way too boring and weak. There are some good side-plots, but the main story is just really boring.

+Quote Post
Thievesvinegar
post Jun 8 2007, 11:45 PM
Post #296

Brigadier General

Member No.: 354

^ You just don't understand it.

--------------------

Member of G.O.O.P.

10,000 roman lions can't be wrong! Bring back the Circus Maximus!

+Quote Post
~Kurenai~
post Jun 18 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #297

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 36,779

sam cham is my LOVE

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 18 19 20
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2016 - 11:56 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css