Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fullmetal Fantasy, Vic Mignogna's live-action Hagaren movie
Guest_Guest_*
post May 24 2005, 05:40 PM
Post #16

Guests

My friend has a magazine with something about who would play what character if they made a FMA movie with actors. It wasn't pretty dry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lucky Charm
post May 25 2005, 03:58 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,406

QUOTE(Guest @ May 22 2005, 02:27 PM)
Um.....don't you think you people are overreacting a little bit?  This isn't supposed to be some big-time, blockbuster movie poised to aim in theaters.  It's just a short film Vic felt like doing, because he loves the show so much.  That's not embarassing it - he's just having some good ol' fun.  And everyone likes to have fun, right?  No offense, but you guys should just chill and not observe the fandom so critically.

Also, I'd hardly say that they've ruined the anime.............plus, this film isn't technically a FUNimation project.  It's only Vic's responsibility, so any insults you might have should be aimed at him.  There's no need to bash FUNimation for this just because you think they "screwed up" FMA, which has nothing to do with the film at all.

I, for one, wouldn't mind being able to see this.  Though I probably never will, because I never have enough money for cons.  I imagine it would enjoyable, even if Vic acts as Ed and appears way too tall for the role.
[snapback]177561[/snapback]

Way to say it man/girl.

I heard that this action movie was actually good. Someone over the FMA LJ community posted some pics of it.

--------------------

user posted image
Full time graphic/web designer <3
Current sites || Cherished Soul
Member at || Minitokyo || Playstation || Meteor² || FMA community

+Quote Post
FMAlover^
post May 27 2005, 02:10 AM
Post #18

Alchemists

Member No.: 14,135

anyone gonna post some screen shots?? I'm wondering how to characters will look like...thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
telepika
post May 27 2005, 02:25 AM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 1,937

OMG!!! What the hell!!!

I do admit that I'm a little curious to see this thing, but I think that the moment I lay eyes on the opening scene, I'll be screaming for my life!

I'm glad Mr. Vic Mignogna is excited about FMA, but that doesn't mean that I support him making an FMA short film. But whatever, let him have fun, but I'm not watching it.

--------------------
I've decided to officially support the American Dub!! Go Ed!!! Power to the short people!!!!
user posted image

+Quote Post
Azura Elric
post May 27 2005, 07:01 AM
Post #20

Alchemists

Member No.: 8,293

*is crying that Roy Mustang won't be in it* Travis!!! GRRR!!! lol or is it because Vic hates Roy or something?! lol

Oh well whatever. lol Anything done by Vic, I'll gladly watch....but I don't live in Texas ._. guess I'll have to wait for screenshots or when I ask Vic to transfer the movie over the net. =_=

--------------------

Family:
Daughter: Kit
Lil Sis: ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, Drina, MustEd4ever, fulli_sik_alchemis, BellatrixAngelofKyot, Luckyalchemy27, Skyler Elric, Winry Rockbell Elric
Lil Bro: GreedEnvyWrath
Older Sis: Zarpia, Jen_Elric Cousin: Reika

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post May 27 2005, 10:16 PM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 250

People who are pissed about this are being stupid. Its like being upset over the kids who made their own version of Raiders Of The Lost Ark, and redid it shot for shot.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Radical Alchemis...
post May 31 2005, 06:03 PM
Post #22

Apprentice

Member No.: 13,406

Yeah.. i'm curious too... if anyone has screenshots, do share.

--------------------

Gorillaz maniac, right here =D

+Quote Post
tinlunlau
post Jun 1 2005, 06:38 PM
Post #23

Apprentice

Member No.: 208

did Vic ever show it in Toronto when he came over to Toronto for Anime North?

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jun 2 2005, 07:12 AM
Post #24

Guests

It was shown at Anime North, yes.

I went to it, only because my friend dragged me along-- I'd only ever seen 2 eps of FMA and didn't like what I saw.

However, Vic's Full Metal Fantasy was absolutely BRILLIANT! I laughed so hard, as did everyone else in the audience. I spoke to many die-hard FMA fans after the screening and they had nothing but good things to say about the film.

Get this straight: it's not the reproduction of FMA, it's a bit of a parody. It details how Vic (playing himself) receives a package, a detailed pocketwatch (I assume it has some significance in the anime series) and falls asleep with it in his hand. When he wakes up he's horrified to discover that he's actually TURNING INTO Elric. All of it was really well done and I'd love to see it again. It actually makes me want to give the series a second chance-- the dubbed version, of course!

So to all of you idiot purists who are constantly harping on about "oh NOES they'll RUIN it! Not ENGLISH! Aiiiii!" get a life. Seriously. It's narrow minded people like yourselves who give anime fans such a horrible reputation and ruin the fandom of everyone else. LIGHTEN UP! Try to enjoy something that's not Japanese, for once!

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Jun 2 2005, 08:10 AM
Post #25

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 330

QUOTE(Hagaren_Edward @ May 13 2005, 11:26 AM)
According to FUNimation, this is an outside video project meaning they have no video licenses on it and it will not be availible to the public. The only way to see it will be to attend an anime convention, or hope for a bootleg on the torrents.
[snapback]171743[/snapback]

You Americans have all the luck. Guess I've got no choice but to stalk torrent (sites) now. biggrin.gif

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jun 2 2005, 08:33 AM
Post #26

Guests

I watched Fullmetal Fantasy at Anime North, and I have to say it was very well done. I had no idea Vic was such a fanboy of his own series. (The man had already watched the entire series fansubbed before he was actually cast as Edward.) During the Q&A, he told us that the whole project began when he ordered the pocketwatch off ebay. He said that he thought it would be interesting if voice actors actually cosplayed their own characters, and before he knew it, Fullmetal Fantasy was born. He also mentioned that it won't be on the internet for about a year. He wants to show it at conventions first and see the fans' reactions.

Also, depending on how the Japanese producers of the show react, it may become a special feature in the DVDs. Until then, he can't sell it or anything, since Funimation doesn't own the property.
What I would suggest is that you find out which con he'll be appearing at next and go, that's the only way you can see it for now.

You really have to respect the guy for putting so much time and effort, not to mention his own money, into the project. I personally don't care much for the "generic hero voice" he uses for Ed, but he isn't a bad voice actor. And Vic himself is a pretty cool guy. During the autograph session, he freaked out over the number of Edwards that showed up and took pictures of them. It was like he was their fan, not the other way around. In fact, I distinctly remember him stealing an Ed plushie from one girl, because he thought it was so cool. Just give him a chance.

+Quote Post
FMAlover^
post Jun 8 2005, 08:52 PM
Post #27

Alchemists

Member No.: 14,135

Aww..So no screenshots... T.T

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Charis_*_*
post Jun 13 2005, 03:22 PM
Post #28

Guests

I agree witht he guest above. We can bash it all we want but remember this is all in good fun. You know they would never really have this live action take over the real anime.

It's just like a comedy AMV or a fansub that has all the wrong titles, it's there to make you laugh. Don't worry guys, no one is gonna prefer this over FMA.... hopefully.

I'd see it just for a good laugh....

+Quote Post
Chibi Reina
post Jun 18 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #29

Apprentice

From: Wyoming... what? You gonna fight about it, Punk?? XD
Member No.: 13,730

[Edit] O.O I didn't realize there was a second page!! Skip my question. I wish they had a convention like that in Wyoming XD But they don't. So it stinks. lol

This post has been edited by Chibi Reina: Jun 18 2005, 10:51 PM

--------------------
My Fanarts
Sisters: SinLuxuria, DameGreyWulf, Legolas of Mirkwood
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jun 19 2005, 04:02 PM
Post #30

Guests

Wow.... interesting to know that Vic is such fan. It would be interesting to see (too bad I don't live in the US).

For all those people who said something like:

... *gags* wtf? it's not enough they screwed up the anime, now they gotta embarrass the show further? gimme a break. i think they all need a time out to sit in the corner and think about what they've done... 

I would like to know exactly how they screwed the anime up? To my knowledge (I get DVDs), the actors were generally all fantastic - especially Vic and even if they did do some lines differently, I was happy they had the original text with the Jap dub. Granted there are some voices which may be cringe-worthy, the show was generally well-cast. Even if you did think the voices were badly case, you could hardly say that the show was ruined (especially comparing it to some others..... eg. Yugioh, Cardcaptors).

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 09:46 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css