HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Why Doesn't Ed Wear The Military Uniform?
Steel Alchemist
post Apr 27 2005, 09:50 PM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,478

True, he hasw never been in a war.

--------------------
Steel Alchemist
Hell is other people
You're a sin against nature, and your body's in so much pain, Oh merciful God who shapes us all... Please return these scarred souls to your unending womb.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Martel
post Apr 28 2005, 06:47 PM
Post #17

Alchemists

Member No.: 12,511

QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Apr 27 2005, 05:54 PM)
I think that the military just noticed how badass his red coat is and decided to let him wear it. laugh.gif
[snapback]161933[/snapback]

BWAHAHAHA! That would be so awsome if that were the case. ::Loves his red jacket:: Naah I'm pretty sure he's just too small of a shrimp and they didn't have any that fit him. (Went against my own advice... 'Never call Ed small if you want to LIVE')

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
ymsg
post Apr 29 2005, 05:32 AM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,976

Small is good ;D lol

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
«°~Gluttony™~°»
post May 4 2005, 10:05 PM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 12,822

QUOTE(ymsg @ Apr 29 2005, 04:32 AM)
Small is good ;D lol
[snapback]162907[/snapback]

IPB Image
Even Ed says here that small isn't good

lol

on the other part if they wanted too, you do know they have the abilty to sew up a brand new uniform to fit him huh.gif just cause the normal size wouldn't fit him, don't mean they can't just make a custom fit size for him.

--------------------
Daughter(s) Winry Rockbell Elric
LiL SiS(s) ~FMAgurl~, Full Blade Alchemist, Fullmetal Fangirl, ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, Kit, MustEd4ever, Drina, Jen_Elric
LiL Bro(s) foolmetal alchemist, GreedEnvyWrath
If you want to be my lil or big bro or sis or even my daughter or son pm me I'm 26

user posted image
^yes this pic is one of my own creations ^

+Quote Post
eliss_music
post May 5 2005, 12:27 AM
Post #20

Alchemists

From: "A soul waiting from the other side to be reborn into your arms..."
Member No.: 10,775

on the other part if they wanted too, you do know they have the abilty to sew up a brand new uniform to fit him huh.gif just cause the normal size wouldn't fit him, don't mean they can't just make a custom fit size for him.
[snapback]166664[/snapback]

i found a pic of ed in a fitting uniform. he looked very nice but it didnt have the energy of his red coat. i honestly think i figured out the color thing. see it's like this:

ed's red coat symbolizes his energy and the blood of his past, his black clothing underneath represents his dark past and his void of emotions. where as the blue of the military gives athority with out fear (when neatly presented) and gives a feeling of trust and responsablity, which your soppost to feel for proper athority figures. not having a jacket over ed's top shows that he is willing to break away from his hiddin self to revile his true self in order to win. in english : he'll drop everything to save it all, it also shows signs of full power or last resort. the dull colors of cloth on al shows he is dpressed, feeling empty (no pun), and neutural in emotion. this doesnt mean he doesnt have deep emotions but over all he feels no connection to reality. similar to ed, who's emotions are of being lost and failer.

ok, my psycology (again) got the better of me. i'll stop now. open to all opinions! biggrin.gif

--------------------
I wrote a new story! Too many years gone down the road. see Eliss's fics in hte fan fiction section for the index. Enjoy!
100% FMA pics. password:iruki
Other Anime pictures. password:gizmoe
I also make Kaliedascopes!
Adopt an FMA kitty here!

+Quote Post
ymsg
post May 5 2005, 05:30 AM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,976

That's a great dissertation!! *impressed!*

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
«°~Gluttony™~°»
post May 5 2005, 01:32 PM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 12,822

But Al had no choice of what he wore lol

--------------------
Daughter(s) Winry Rockbell Elric
LiL SiS(s) ~FMAgurl~, Full Blade Alchemist, Fullmetal Fangirl, ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, Kit, MustEd4ever, Drina, Jen_Elric
LiL Bro(s) foolmetal alchemist, GreedEnvyWrath
If you want to be my lil or big bro or sis or even my daughter or son pm me I'm 26

user posted image
^yes this pic is one of my own creations ^

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post May 5 2005, 01:39 PM
Post #23

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

i found a pic of ed in a fitting uniform. he looked very nice but it didnt have the energy of his red coat. i honestly think i figured out the color thing. see it's like this:

WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS PIC?? blink.gif

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
alchemist922
post May 30 2005, 02:36 PM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 9,019

QUOTE(Ailuro @ Apr 26 2005, 09:01 PM)
This is why.
[snapback]161496[/snapback]

oh thats funny but i dont't think thats the reason biggrin.gif

--------------------
Here i am

[COLOR=red] sis ~.:Anime Gal:.~

+Quote Post
Maes-Hughes
post May 30 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #25

Alchemists

Member No.: 6,982

He doesnt wear the uniform because he's ED tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
eliss_music
post May 30 2005, 10:41 PM
Post #26

Alchemists

From: "A soul waiting from the other side to be reborn into your arms..."
Member No.: 10,775

QUOTE(Maes-Hughes @ May 30 2005, 03:57 PM)
He doesnt wear the uniform because he's ED tongue.gif
[snapback]182445[/snapback]

couldnt agree more! the red coat adds to his firy side. it also helps to show his imaturity and cockyness but also shows that he can be counted on in a tight spot. the uniform means something programed is exected all the time. his differnt uniform means he can be the wild card and play the sides. also...anyone know the date of eds birthday? he seems to be either aries or scorpio. sorry, one more thing i love to study. hm, now that i think about it i love studying but hate school. wow, talk about irony.

night!

--------------------
I wrote a new story! Too many years gone down the road. see Eliss's fics in hte fan fiction section for the index. Enjoy!
100% FMA pics. password:iruki
Other Anime pictures. password:gizmoe
I also make Kaliedascopes!
Adopt an FMA kitty here!

+Quote Post
Edo-mame
post May 31 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,481

All I know is (shrimpy, attitude problem Edo with silky golden hair in a pony tail) + (same old military uniform) = HOT and/or handsome! This combination works so well in my head and they make each other look good so why BONES, why?!

--------------------
[center]
user posted image
[/center]

+Quote Post
Guest_Flik_*
post Jun 29 2005, 04:11 AM
Post #28

Guests

Umm...I hate to spoil the obvious fun, but...well I just couldn't help but actually trying to answer the original question.

Why isn't Ed required to wear the Military uniform like everyone else?

First off, we need to narrow down that term "everyone else." If you look at those in the employ of the military that wear the uniform and then compare them to those that don't (IE Ed, Shou Tucker, Dr. Marcoh, Nash Tringham), you'll notice something that each group has in common.

Those that wear the uniform are all soldiers that have officially entered the Military. They all went through bootcamp, they are all trained in how to use various weapons and, they all have a rank, whether it be Master Sargeant, Lieutenant Colonel, Brigadier General, or Fuhrer.

Those that wear civilian clothing, however (again: Ed, Tucker, Marcoh, and Tringham), were simply Alchemists working for the Military. While they may be called into active duty if a major conflict arises, they haven't had the traditional training that the other soldiers have and are considered more scientists on the Military's payroll than soldiers.

+Quote Post
Mistress of Dark...
post Jun 30 2005, 04:35 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 15,700

So... Ed is more like a scientist person than an actual member of the military? That part makes sense.

My two questions are, was Tringham a part of the military (passing the state alchemy exams, I mean)? I honestly don't remember seeing that in those two eps (12 & 13 I believe?). (If we see him again after ep 26, I obviously don't know. I follow CN's airings of FMA. Leave me alone about it. ~_~)

The other question: Marcoh had to have definitely been a part of the military. My memory just decided to go all fuzzy on me, but didn't he go to Ishbal during the rebellion with Roy, etc? However, I don't remember him wearing a military uniform, either (even though in that time of war), which still leaves the question of why he's not wearing his military uniform.

Someone said Ed was probably either an Aries or a Scorpio - it's possible that he could be either, but not likely. He was born in winter (he shares his birthday with Elicia - remember the day Elicia was born? it was snowing outside and Hughes went to get a doctor...), so it would make more sense for him to be a Pisces or something. Pisces are usually weepy and emotional, however, so that might not be his sign. Depending on when winter comes in Amestris (Germany), he could be any of these signs:
Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus.

Scorpio, Aries and Taurus are a long shot, however. Snow doesn't usually fall during that time.

...And I just realized his birthday probably has nothing to do with why he doesn't wear the military uniform. Sorry! X_x

He probably doesn't because he just doesn't want to. When Roy sends him out on all those missions, it's also easier to do reconnaisance work (okay, investigating is his job but we all know he also fixes everyones problems. XD) when you're not wearing a glaring bullseye target on you. He has the pocket watch, though, to prove his affiliation, when needed. ^^

--------------------
Guess what. I turned off the option to view signatures. *grin*

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Jun 30 2005, 05:07 PM
Post #30

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 330

Do you mean the elder Tringham? If so, yes, I thought he was also a State Alchemist, but I could b mistaken. It's been such a long time since I last saw that episode.

Marcoh, same as Edward, is also a State Alchemist, therefore also a part of the military. When he was drafted (State Alchemists always get drafted when a War breaks out, which was part of the reason Pinako objected to Ed's decision to partake in the State Alchemist exams) he also wore his military uniform.

So basically, if a War broke out and Ed wouldn't have left the military we all would have seen him in his form-fitting, pine-sized uniform, but [unfortunately] it never came to that.

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2016 - 08:36 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css