HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Plot Holes, Continuity Problems, And Other Flows You Noticed On Fma-1, Spoiler Alert!!
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 21 2005, 07:38 PM
Post #16

Guests

QUOTE(NeoKakashi @ Apr 21 2005, 09:18 AM)
QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 21 2005, 02:32 AM)
QUOTE(NeoKakashi @ Apr 20 2005, 10:45 PM)
The clapping thing was the mess up there.  You don't clap when you're angry, you'd punch your hand.
[snapback]157544[/snapback]

BONES said the punch was the mess-up since they said the alchemy can only be done by clapping hands.
[snapback]157604[/snapback]

Oh. How stupid. It shouldn't really matter to anyone because that wasn't stated in the series.
[snapback]157790[/snapback]

Tell that to BONES, the animators for the anime. The ones that know what they are truly doing for the anime are them, not you, since we the watchers are only second guessing their motivations and purposes.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MomoLuv
post Apr 21 2005, 09:17 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,232

QUOTE(cutewitch @ Apr 22 2005, 05:16 AM)
maybe i did not express myself better--i understand your point that ed was just using some example of their immortality--but i don't think in that episode it is a generic use: ed's original words are that "even your head is bumped off..." which perfectly correlates with the scene in episode 33. the two episodes are consecutive and there are good reasons for audience to link the two together; even ed wanted to make a generic use of that, he should have some basis for his imagination even if it is just a small clue--yet till then we did not see any. besides, i don't think ed has time to see the "putting the head together thing" if you re-watch the episode 33. this is a rough temporal sequence:

greed's head was bumped off and brought back-- izumi and her husband jumped into the fight--ed asked armstrong about the location--when izumi was beaten by greed, ed came--he was gasping then--therefore, he should have run to the devil's nest rather than lurking around the place to observe everything from the beginning.

QUOTE(terroja @ Apr 21 2005, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE(cutewitch @ Apr 21 2005, 10:11 AM)
i understand that ed was gonna say" i thought you were immortal," but i would say that if ed used another example, such as "even the body is pierced/stabbed etc," it will not be considered as a "flaw"--the crucial part here is that--the decapitation thing happened only on greed and not on other homunculi. how can ed come to this observation? others might say that he came to this line by deduction/speculation etc., yet based on the whole story and other characters performance, i would say that almost all of them make deduction based on some observation/examples
[snapback]157812[/snapback]

I don't think I explained myself well.

I'm saying that what he was saying was entirely generic and had no connection to Greed's prior decapitation at all.

Or hell, maybe he saw Greed's head on the floor when he went to rescue Al and put two and two together.
[snapback]157882[/snapback]

[snapback]157950[/snapback]

I think you're trying too hard to make errors appear. And the head thing IS the easiest example to make- if you just stabbed someone, you wouldn't use it as an analogy to say they were immortal... that'll just be wrong. Does this mistake really matter that much? Its only teeny tiny, compared to say, Scar exploding things with his left hand (which I'm pretty sure didn't happen, lol).

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 21 2005, 10:43 PM
Post #18

Guests

A mistake is a mistake. There are many mistakes BONES did when they made this series. Looks like some people are trying to "oh that is no mistake" when it is one to save their beloved "perfect" series instead of facing the truth that it's flawed.

+Quote Post
terroja
post Apr 21 2005, 11:45 PM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 12,275

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 21 2005, 10:43 PM)
A mistake is a mistake. There are many mistakes BONES did when they made this series. Looks like some people are trying to "oh that is no mistake" when it is one to save their beloved "perfect" series instead of facing the truth that it's flawed.
[snapback]158292[/snapback]

Thank you, "guest" for that astonishing bit of insight. You've enriched all of our lives with your astute observational skills!

The only flaw anyone has pointed out to me so far that I've found truly valid is the one about Al not being able to get his bloodseal wet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 22 2005, 12:05 AM
Post #20

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

I am sure, if I were to rewatch all FMA after my finals I will pick out a lot of flaws... hahaha

Wrath itself is a screw up -.-

Also, there is confusion with Ed's age and all...

anyways, I do agree with someone up there that "A mistake is A mistake." It's like how Japan shouldn't deny what they did in WWII (ok I will shut up now xD)

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
terroja
post Apr 22 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 12,275

A mistake is a mistake and I'm not saying the series is flawless. All I'm saying is that I don't think either of the flaws mentioned here are flaws at all.

P.S. Okay, the series is flawless, despite its flaws.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cutewitch
post Apr 22 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 10,391

i agree with the "a mistake is a mistake" thing: anime is different from the traditional sat morning show in that it is more mature and complicated in narration and it deals with some heavy themes not touched by disney et al--that is one of "the" reasons for people to be "picky". since the whole FMA series is made with a lot of attention to details (one example i am impressed is the Band-Aid thing--not a lot of anime attend to this detail), we need a critical eye to make this series more meticulous.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 23 2005, 01:12 AM
Post #23

Guests

Yo guys, just enjoy the show, the anime is perfect but has its tiny flaws... but who cares, you are supposed to enjoy and understand the complexity of the show, not pick on the tiny flaws.

"不要挑剔別人的錯誤。" " Do not be picky on other's mistakes."

Ya, mistakes are mistakes, but just accept ur mistakes and accept others mistakes! Gez, picking and arguing over tiny things.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 23 2005, 05:57 AM
Post #24

Guests

About al's bloodseal not getting wet, i read it somewhere that the water level was not high enough to reach the bloodseal to wash it off.

About Greed's death, i also read it somewhere that before his fight with ed, he bumped into Dante ( or someone else) and vomitted out the fake philosopher stone. And after his death, when ed met with Martha, she said that she did not blame ed for Greed's death and said something about him not wanting to be sealed...

And about Al being able to feel that ed is warm, I also read it somewhere that it is because of the philosopher stone that he is able to feel the warm

(don't ask me where is the somewhere 'cause i can't remeber and i also notice that i used a lot of somewhere, some... ect)

+Quote Post
Guest_kim_*
post Apr 23 2005, 05:59 AM
Post #25

Guests

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 23 2005, 05:57 AM)
About al's bloodseal not getting wet, i read it somewhere that the water level was not high enough to reach the bloodseal to wash it off.

About Greed's death, i also read it somewhere that before his fight with ed, he bumped into Dante ( or someone else) and vomitted out the fake philosopher stone. And after his death, when ed met with Martha, she said that she did not blame ed for Greed's death and said something about him not wanting to be sealed...

And about Al being able to feel that ed is warm, I also read it somewhere that it is because of the philosopher stone that he is able to feel the warm

(don't ask me where is the somewhere 'cause i can't remeber and i also notice that i used a lot of somewhere, some... ect)
[snapback]159103[/snapback]

The name's Kim by the way biggrin.gif forgot to add in

+Quote Post
WhiteMike
post Apr 23 2005, 06:06 AM
Post #26

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,953

i remember that too, but i guess it doesn't really matter now because of the whole body thing

--------------------
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug...
user posted image
...Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.

+Quote Post
MomoLuv
post Apr 23 2005, 08:56 AM
Post #27

Citizen

Member No.: 12,232

QUOTE(cutewitch @ Apr 23 2005, 12:15 AM)
i agree with the "a mistake is a mistake" thing: anime is different from the traditional sat morning show in that it is more mature and complicated in narration and it deals with some heavy themes not touched by disney et al--that is one of "the" reasons for people to be "picky". since the whole FMA series is made with a lot of attention to details (one example i am impressed is the Band-Aid thing--not a lot of anime attend to this detail), we need a critical eye to make this series more meticulous.
[snapback]158507[/snapback]

Us picking out the mistakes won't make BONES redo the series. All it does is upset people (like me). Nothing is ever perfect, but so what? You did enjoy FMA, didn't you? That's all that matters. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 23 2005, 09:33 AM
Post #28

Guests

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 23 2005, 05:57 AM)

[snapback]159103[/snapback]

And all you read somewhere is all in this forum from people guessing, no one gave a fact here. It is a fact however that in the Japanese DVDs, the director of the show laughed and said that the water level thing was a mistake! He told people to just forgive that and treat that only prolonged contact with water will wipe the seal off.

Then again he forgot how long Al was standing in rain for episode 13, just as how when they corrected Ed to clap his hands instead of punching his fist in the DVDs, they forgot that Ed will not be able to clap during the fight with Wrath much later.

Bones make mistakes but some people refuse to accept it. They just take other people's guesses as facts just because they hope to make the show flawless in their eyes and kept pushing onto other people who can recognise the flaws, regardless of the quality of the show.

+Quote Post
cutewitch
post Apr 23 2005, 09:19 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 10,391

it is JUST out of the love for FMA that some people become picky about the minute details and it is also out of the love for the series that people accept it as a great art work.

of course they are able to redo it some time later probably when the movie is a hit and thus they can have a complete set just like EVA. gainax redid quite a few animation in EVA when they release the collection version.

anyway, i would welcome people to utilize their imagination to expand the narrative space in the anime rather that indulging in some self-gratifying illusions~~

QUOTE(MomoLuv @ Apr 23 2005, 07:56 AM)
QUOTE(cutewitch @ Apr 23 2005, 12:15 AM)
[snapback]158507[/snapback]

Us picking out the mistakes won't make BONES redo the series. All it does is upset people (like me). Nothing is ever perfect, but so what? You did enjoy FMA, didn't you? That's all that matters. smile.gif
[snapback]159150[/snapback]

+Quote Post
Defade
post Apr 24 2005, 04:59 AM
Post #30

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,832

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 21 2005, 01:35 PM)
BONES admitted that they had messed up here and there for the series. They corrected some of the stuff that they can correct in the DVDs, like how Ed punched his fist into his palm then accidentedly heated up the tub of water in the TV series now becoming Ed 'clapping' his palms in the DVD.
[snapback]157540[/snapback]

I finally knew the answer to my long un-answered question. My friend gave me a kind of "preview" she made from Eppie 6, with Ed punching his fist into his palm, but on TV, it was Ed clapping hands together.

--------------------
FMA Lovers List:
Edward Elric, Winry Rockbell, Riza Hawkeye, Lust, Maria Ross, Maes Hughes, Lan Fan, Martel.

FMA Haters List:
Envy, Alphonse Elric( only in Episode 45-48), Russel Tringham, Scar, Frank Arches, Dante, Wrath, Pride, Kimbly.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 07:54 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css