HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Plot Holes, Continuity Problems, And Other Flows You Noticed On Fma-1, Spoiler Alert!!
GoldenbladeAlche...
post Apr 21 2006, 11:25 PM
Post #121

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,548

QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Apr 21 2006, 08:05 PM) [snapback]384562[/snapback]

The mainly accepted theory for that is that he's relatively waterproof. It'd take a while for him to fill up enough for the blood seal to get wet enough to actually come off. Another thing is that the seal is alchemized in, so although it can be rubbed off, it's more difficult than if it was just made out of blood. These two things together keep him from being killed in water, unless he's really immersed for a bit.

ok. First of all, the seal is NOT alchemized in, because you see the seal in plain sight several times, and in oneof the last episodes, (can't remember which one, when Al touches Ed, Al flies into the water, and Ed freaks out immediatly, fearing it'll wash off.

QUOTE(adamclark @ Apr 21 2006, 09:27 PM) [snapback]384600[/snapback]

another answer: it was a retcon fact that didn't exist in episode three. they added that detail in season two.

they neglect several episodes where al was full of water and/or liquid. the one you mentioned, not to mention when he caught all the fish when both he and ed were on the island, and when he was full of marta's blood. (that's not water, but i'd imagine he was covered with it, seeing as how it poured out of every crease).

so it is more of continuity oversight on the part of the writers. there were plenty of mistakes like that in the last few episodes, including bizarre twists and plot turns that mashed up the story line.

When Al caught the fish, his body from the waist down was in the water, and the seal is around where someone's neck would be. I misswed two episodes, so I saw what happened after Al had all the blood in him, so I don't know what happened.

--------------------
If I can transmute a canyon while using Chirodri and Sharingan, and slaying a Hollow, all at the same time, you'll give me $15?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 22 2006, 12:33 AM
Post #122

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@GoldenbladeAlchemis - Welcome to the board!!

My opinion, I'll chuck it up to a minor storyline flow, and basically just move on, because if I start nitpicking on this one, it kind of drive me crazy... laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Apr 23 2006, 11:24 AM
Post #123

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 21 2006, 11:33 PM) [snapback]384660[/snapback]

My opinion, I'll chuck it up to a minor storyline flow, and basically just move on, because if I start nitpicking on this one, it kind of drive me crazy...

Assuming it even exists. I've watched that episode numerous times, and I've never come across the quote in question. Of course, people continued regardless. dry.gif

I mean, was it in the sub or something?

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
aviazn
post Apr 23 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #124

Citizen

Member No.: 33,232

Yeah, it must be in the sub, I guess... Funimation used something like, [spoiler]"I'm not supposed to kill you--you're the ultimate shield!"[/spoiler]

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 24 2006, 01:19 AM
Post #125

Group Icon

@Nepharski - I think we are talking about different questions!! biggrin.gif

Mine was for GoldenbladeAlchemist's question about "Al's blood-seal can't get wet, else Al will die!!" thingy... This supposed Al's weak point was not brought up in the story-line untill almost end of the series. Untill then, Al never seemed to have had any problem getting wet.... or so I thought. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ting
post Aug 25 2006, 03:53 AM
Post #126

Apprentice

Member No.: 39,859

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 21 2005, 02:15 PM) [snapback]157493[/snapback]

Hmm, good point. The only thing that bugged me in the series was when [SPOILER]Al went and touched Ed's face after he died and said, "See, his body's still warm." I thought Al couldn't feel anything in that body.[/SPOILER]

It is probably- [SPOILER]Al became the philosopher's stone and it is activating. He might be able to feel Ed is warm[/SPOILER]

--------------------
hito wa nanika no gisei nashi ni, nani mo eru koto wa dekinai.
nanika wo eru tame ni wa, doutou no daika ga hitsuyou ni naru.
sore ga, renkinjutsu ni okeru "toukakoukan" no gensoku da.
sono koro, bokura wa sore ga sekai no shinjitsu da to shinjiteita.

Humankind can not get anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of equlivant exchange.
In those days, we really believed that to be the world’s one and only truth.

Please check out my fandubbing project: script writing, OST and SFX needed!
http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/pm/?id=199

+Quote Post
Greed貪欲
post Aug 25 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #127

Citizen

Member No.: 39,398

I found one in the first episode.
Al keeps getting full of sand, but wouldn't it eventually scratch off his seal?
And Ed says "Come on Greed! You're the Ultimate Shield nothing can kill you!"

--------------------
Greed: Damn kid... that was good...

<Hi Greed貪欲, I tool out your gif image from your sig because the linked site benjamin.baudrit.free.fr
is known to host malwares. Since, apparently you probably visited this site to get the image you used
for your sig, you may like to check your computer for possible spywares, just in case. ^^ ~ Tombow>

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Aug 25 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #128

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Al keeps getting full of sand, but wouldn't it eventually scratch off his seal?

Sand sitting in gently won't rub it off. Ya got's ta use force ta get that puppy off!

And Ed says "Come on Greed! You're the Ultimate Shield nothing can kill you!"

Ed's simply in denial. And a murderer.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
aviazn
post Aug 26 2006, 12:40 AM
Post #129

Citizen

Member No.: 33,232

Hmm, a possible explanation for Al's sense of touch:
[spoiler]I bet Al coulda seen that Ed's body was still warm from the condensation appearing on his cold metal armor held up close.[/spoiler]

+Quote Post
InsaneFangirl
post Aug 27 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #130

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,530

For the Al thing-

Either the Stone allowed him to feel, or he was putting things in denial.

--------------------

Edo-kun lover! ^_^;;

Fanfic!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2628866/5/

+Quote Post
loveFullMetal
post Sep 15 2006, 10:09 PM
Post #131

Apprentice

Member No.: 38,582

i hate to be picky about my favorite thing in the world, but the only thing i really noticed and had to ask my self about is one thing......

SCARS BROTHER TRIED TO BRING LUST BACK USING HER OWN BODY AS MATERIAL...SAME AS WRATH....SO WHY IS SHE EFFECTED BY HER HAIR???????

jeezz..i really hate my self for criticizing the series i care to deeply for..i guess its because i love it soo much!! still, everything has flaws, cant avoid that. nothing is perfect................................but FullMetal Alchemist is as close as it gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -^^-

--------------------
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature.I'm guilty of clapping my hands and trying to transmute. Many times.
My fave Animes/Mangas are: FullMetal Alchemist/Bleach/Naruto/Fruits Basket/D N Angel
My fave Guys are: Edward Elric/Alfonse Elric/Itachi Uchiha/Hitsugaya Toushirou/The Akatsuki Guys/(But i can share ^-^)

EDWARD ELRIC'S B-DAY IS FEBUARY 3RD 1899

I THANK THE MAKERS OF ALL OF THEISE!
If you cried balled your eyes out anytime while watching Episode 25 of
Full Metal Alchemist, paste this message into your own signature.
I'm sure Maes Hughes appreciates it. :)

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Sep 16 2006, 12:10 AM
Post #132

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(loveFullMetal @ Sep 15 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]446952[/snapback]

i hate to be picky about my favorite thing in the world, but the only thing i really noticed and had to ask my self about is one thing......

SCARS BROTHER TRIED TO BRING LUST BACK USING HER OWN BODY AS MATERIAL...SAME AS WRATH....SO WHY IS SHE EFFECTED BY HER HAIR???????

jeezz..i really hate my self for criticizing the series i care to deeply for..i guess its because i love it soo much!! still, everything has flaws, cant avoid that. nothing is perfect................................but FullMetal Alchemist is as close as it gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -^^-

It was a separated strand she had given him that wasn't used in the transmutaton. Wrath has no weakness because his entire body was used, but then he didn't have hair then that could come out and separate.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Ting
post Sep 17 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #133

Apprentice

Member No.: 39,859

Everybody was like AL WASNT SUPPOSE TO GO INTO WATER!!! in ep 3
but if you look clearly, the water is REALLY shallow and it probably didn't reach Al's blood seal!

--------------------
hito wa nanika no gisei nashi ni, nani mo eru koto wa dekinai.
nanika wo eru tame ni wa, doutou no daika ga hitsuyou ni naru.
sore ga, renkinjutsu ni okeru "toukakoukan" no gensoku da.
sono koro, bokura wa sore ga sekai no shinjitsu da to shinjiteita.

Humankind can not get anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of equlivant exchange.
In those days, we really believed that to be the world’s one and only truth.

Please check out my fandubbing project: script writing, OST and SFX needed!
http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/pm/?id=199

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 19 2006, 02:21 AM
Post #134

Group Icon

Thread merged. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Oct 2 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #135

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,803

Okey dokey, about disappearing/appearing jackets. I think Scar and Greed both have a pocket sized wardrobes or there is fluffy leather jacket store in Dublith and the store for State Alchemist killers in Ishvalan slums tongue.gif

I really didn't notice these, I just found them from one of the many Ed shrines in web.

In episode 4 (Transmutation of Love)
-When Klose and her gang have Ed and Al under their possession, you can see, that Ed has lost his gloves somewhere and he has two flesh hands! ph34r.gif

In episode 8 (The Philosopher's Stone)
-Ed've a very interesting way to keep his hair. He is missing his hair tie when he is talking with Hughes about 'how to get body to somewhere without anyone noticing'

In episode 13 (Flame vs. Fullmetal)
-When Riza shoots Black Hayate, we hear 6 'bangs!', but when we see Hayate and the wall behind him, there's 7 holes! Same with the manga! (Read the 2nd side story: Dog of the Military)

In episode 16
-We all know that Al's arm fell of in previous episode? So what is his arm doing, again connected with his body?!

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 06:20 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css