Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fma: Reflections Tv Special
mommaG
post May 19 2005, 01:07 PM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,700

QUOTE(Preypacer @ May 15 2005, 03:30 PM)
Also, this was weird. I had read the thread Envy-greed Convo From Event (spoilerish) that had the Envy and Greed conversation the day before I watched this. But the way I imagined it was done in a Con by the voice actors, would be awesome. Just imagine a large dark auditorium full of people with the spotlight on the people talking and Envy goes into the end of the speech speaking and physically acting with all that emotion! *shivers* Gives me goosebumps just thinking of it! biggrin.gif
[snapback]173043[/snapback]

Reading this thread has me wondering if the "Reflections" special is the same as the "Anime Clips shown at the festival" dvd that came in the FMA festival set. I don't speak japanese, so came across this thread looking for a translation or summary of the anime DVD that came in the "FMA Festival - Tales of another" set, and all the descriptions of the "reflections" special sound like what I have seen. The "Festival" dvd (it's a 2 dvd set) has the converstion described above, with the seiyuu (in a large dark auditorium, spotlights on her) reading in front of a screen showing the anime, and the "clips shown at the festival (summary?)" dvd has the same anime scene ... and the festival reading is awesome, even on a 27 inch screen when I don't know what they are really saying!!

MG

edit: just looked at the "FMA Reflections" screencaps on fma.warcry.com and I do believe it is the same show on the "clips shown at the festival" DVD.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Preypacer
post May 19 2005, 03:55 PM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 12,540

Oh wow, you mean I was right on how they set it up? happy.gif

Reflections could have very well come from that DVD set. It obviously had to come from somewhere, right? happy.gif BTW, What all else is on the set?

Another possibility is that Reflections came as an extra from the last Japanese DVD vol. I have no idea if it is out yet, or has been out for a while now. So, maybe, maybe not.

Anyone know if it did originally come from the special Festival DVD set or not?

+Quote Post
mommaG
post May 19 2005, 06:10 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 10,700

QUOTE(Preypacer @ May 19 2005, 04:55 PM)
Oh wow, you mean I was right on how they set it up? happy.gif

Reflections could have very well come from that DVD set. It obviously had to come from  somewhere, right? happy.gif BTW, What all else is on the set?

[snapback]175509[/snapback]

Better than my own description, here's descriptions from a couple of places to buy it:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ANSB-1248
Disc 1 contains live footage featuring Romi Paku, Rie Kugimiya, Swoelu, Cool Joke, YeLLOW Generation, and more. Disc 2 contains animated footage aired on the event
http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/...anime/did-7314/
True fans of Fullmetal Alchemist should dig this 2-DVD set of the Fullmetal Alchemist FESTIVAL - Tales of Another. Occurring in Tokyo and Osaka in 2004, the FESTIVAL was put on for fans of the popular anime, and was a one-day event that featuring plenty of Fullmetal Alchemist merchandising and cosplay. The key event, however was a performance and mini-games played by the Fullmetal Alchemist voice actors! Official seiyuu Paku Romi (Edward Elric), Kugimiya Rie (Alphonse Elric), Toyoguchi Megumi (Winry Lockbell), Ookawa Tooru (Roy Mustang), Fujiwara Keiji (Maes Hughes), and Yamaguchi Mayumi (Envy) lent their voices to edited sequences from the anime, and this DVD contains those clips! In addition, various live performances were recorded, including some Kitade Nana , Bepa, Sowelu, COOL JOKE, YeLLOW Generation, and more! The second disc includes animated footage shown at the Festival. For those fans who couldn't make it to the festival - and even those who actually did go - this DVD set is an invaluable collectible.

Report from a festival attendee is here:
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com:81/foru....php/t1981.html

Note that this event occurred in Dec 2004 and the DVDs were first sold in April 2005. (I pre-ordered mine .. fortuately I already have a region-free DVD player.) SO when was the Reflections special aired?
Perhaps part of the "animated footage shown at the festival" was the Reflections special. It is the same footage shown in the live shots with the seiyuu reading in front of the giant screen.

There is also a short trailer for the movie, repeated with various combinations of voice actors talking VERY rapidly ... I wish I had a translation of those lines!!

MG

+Quote Post
silver bg
post May 28 2005, 10:32 PM
Post #34

Alchemists

Member No.: 13,347

where can i download it ????????????????????????????

--------------------
IPB Image
I am the blue engery ball and the engery gathering around it >_<

+Quote Post
ZafierX
post Jul 31 2005, 12:02 AM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 18,339

THANK U SOOO MUCH GUEST I LOVE U!!!!!!!!!! Now can u pm me where to get the movie with good english subs? smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 09:41 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css