HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Cameo Appearances And Other Good Things You Noticed (excluding Thread Plotholes), For plot holes, please post on "Plot holes" thread :)
NeoKakashi
post Jul 4 2005, 12:48 PM
Post #76

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,239

The guest was talking about when he tries to revive his lover...
And all signs point to him losing his wang >_<
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fullmetal Fangir...
post Jul 20 2005, 03:36 AM
Post #77

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 6,336

ok...i was watching episodes 1-37 2 days ago...what can I remember...hm...oh wait, let me just tell you:

Mr and Mrs Armstrongs voices are done by Ed and Al seiyuus! w00t! can you beleive i forgot their names?

--------------------
Currently empty because of Fullmetal Fangirls lazy-ness. She is currently in "stage" of lazy-ness.

No release date for a new signature yet. Please standby.

+Quote Post
Siobhain_chan
post Jul 22 2005, 01:42 AM
Post #78

Citizen

From: Hiding in the Sohma's house. =) And In roy's...I can be in two places at once...
Member No.: 15,422

In episode 42 when Scar and Lust are trying t find cover they pass a sign that says Mother Land, which is the third ending.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jul 22 2005, 07:57 PM
Post #79

Guests

QUOTE(MasterKris @ Jul 22 2005, 03:33 PM)
I know that Bones made FMA. What I'm trying to say is~ The Japanese version of that scene was different from the Eng dub scence. I'm just saying that it was different. Okay? I don't have a problem with it. When I was watching, I just relized it. That's all. Geez~! Don't be all aggressive about it. I just a made a mistake, that's all. Cause usually FUNimation do this a lot.
[snapback]223460[/snapback]

And what people are saying is that Bones is the one that made the correction and that is seen in the Japanese R2. There's no need to give FUNimation a black eye when it wasn't their fault. Give it to the FMA series itself instead.

+Quote Post
shio
post Sep 11 2005, 10:22 PM
Post #80

Citizen

Member No.: 15,266

First of all, my apologies if someone has already mentioned this.

Well, this isn't something to "notice" exactly, but not something I thought about until my friend pointed it out.

At the end of episode 7, when Ed starts crying, it starts raining immediately afterwards. Since Ed is such a powerful alchemist, it is possible that, in his extreme sorrow, inadvertently manipulated the weather to match his feelings.

I'm not too sure about that, it seems a little too subtle (at least to me tongue.gif ), even for FMA, but it's a beautiful idea anyway, ne?

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life.

Sea Captain: Yar, I'm not attractive.

Homer: How could you?! Haven't you learned anything from that guy who gives those sermons at church? Captain Whatshisname? We live in a society of laws! Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you? Except at that guy who made sound effects. Makes sound effects and laughs. Where was I? Oh yeah! Stay out of my booze.

+Quote Post
Dusha
post Sep 15 2005, 02:21 PM
Post #81

Citizen

Member No.: 21,089

I kind of amazed that no one mentioned this yet, but here goes:

In episode 3, when Roy comes to the Rockbell home, he says that he came because he recieved a letter from the Elrics. When he holds up the letter, it is addressed to a 'Mr. James Herbert'.

Either Roy changed his name recently (and I wouldn't blame him with that name!) or he was tampering with the mail (a federal offense).

+Quote Post
Jellybean
post Oct 3 2005, 10:20 PM
Post #82

Alchemists

Member No.: 11,397

In the episode with Psiren, I was kind of amused because Ed was eating ramen on the train at the end and had his chopsticks broken really unevenly. Apparently, people who can't break chopsticks apart symmetrically are considered clumsy or kind of dumb. (Like poor Osaka from Azumanga Daioh.) laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 4 2005, 01:50 AM
Post #83

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Jellybean @ Oct 4 2005, 12:20 AM) *
In the episode with Psiren, I was kind of amused because Ed was eating ramen on the train at the end and had his chopsticks broken really unevenly. Apparently, people who can't break chopsticks apart symmetrically are considered clumsy or kind of dumb. (Like poor Osaka from Azumanga Daioh.) laugh.gif

Funny, I noticed the uneven chopsticks in that scene, too.
And, I wondered if that was signifying Ed's inner stress/conflict of capturing Psiren, since in other eating scenes, lots of them in this episode, Ed had evenly split chopsicks.
I think Ed was kind of sympathetic to Psiren, but as in his own words, a crook is a crook, and he's a dog of military, so he did what he was expected of, and captured her...hence Ed's inner conflict about capturing Psiren. tongue.gif

And, what does this have to do with splitting disposable chopsticks, you may ask??
It's a sort of zen kind of thinking, that if the inner state of mind is at peace, one can probably easily concentrate on simple task such as splitting the chopsticks evenly, but when your mind is at conflict or at unease, your mind is thinking about that and can't peacefully concentrate at the task on hand, even as a simple task as splitting a pair of disposable chopsticks, hence uneven chopsticks when the mind is at unease? tongue.gif

Of course this is just me reading too much about that unevenly split chopsticks. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jellybean
post Oct 4 2005, 06:37 PM
Post #84

Alchemists

Member No.: 11,397

Ooh, nice analysis. Hadn't thought of it that way. That kind of makes me feel better too, because I only break those stupid chopsticks evenly about 1 out of 5 times. I'm not uncoordinated, I'm just frequently stressed! tongue.gif Ed's chopsticks made me giggle, though. He wasn't even close. laugh.gif

Oh yeah, about the thing with the hand clap that people were talking about earlier. I don't really see why Bones had to change it anyway. I thought the point was that he made a circle with his arms to circulate power. It wouldn't have to be palm-to-palm contact to form a circuit.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 5 2005, 02:05 AM
Post #85

Guests

After seeing the whole series and movie, when I was rewatching certain episodes or parts, some quotes really stood out to me. I thought it was kind of funny in episode 3 when their mom let Ed and Al study their father's books and she said not to "open that door" without really specifying to us which door. If "door" is interpreted to mean "gate," then by trying to revive her, that is exactly what they do. The end of this episode also sent chills up my spine when I heard Al say that they might "disappear from this world forever." Another future refrence I noticed was in episode 14, when Ed and Al were at Marcoh's house and Brigadier General Gran mentioned that no one knew for sure what shape the Philosopher's Stone might take.

I don't know if my connections make any sense to you guys, but they do to me. I just thought it was really cool how they weaved such small lines into the story without really giving away what would happen. It really makes the series worth rewatching, and its part of the reason I love this series.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 6 2005, 03:59 AM
Post #86

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 5 2005, 04:05 AM) [snapback]296276[/snapback]

After seeing the whole series and movie, when I was rewatching certain episodes or parts, some quotes really stood out to me. I thought it was kind of funny in episode 3 when their mom let Ed and Al study their father's books and she said not to "open that door" without really specifying to us which door. If "door" is interpreted to mean "gate," then by trying to revive her, that is exactly what they do. The end of this episode also sent chills up my spine when I heard Al say that they might "disappear from this world forever." Another future refrence I noticed was in episode 14, when Ed and Al were at Marcoh's house and Brigadier General Gran mentioned that no one knew for sure what shape the Philosopher's Stone might take.

Ha, all those intriguing, possibly double-meaning & foretelling lines!! Thanks for pinting then out!!

I actually thought mom Elric was pointing at a certain door at the end of room in dad Elric's library, and have been wondering what laid behind that door.

Of course we'd never know because they burnt the whole house to ashes.
Maybe that was more of a symbolic speach, as your suggestion. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Oct 8 2005, 02:03 AM
Post #87

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 250

The door was Hohenheim's lab where the Elrics conducted their human transmutation experiment to try and revive the mother.

Trisha OBVIOUSLY was NOT talking about "The Gate." C'mon people... really.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 8 2005, 12:13 PM
Post #88

Guests

I noticed that Riza had short hair in episodes 8 and before, when Ed is... 12?

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 8 2005, 01:14 PM
Post #89

Guests

^Well maybe because at that time her hair was short and then as the years passed on in the series her hair grew....

+Quote Post
szupie
post Oct 8 2005, 02:04 PM
Post #90

Citizen

Member No.: 23,518

I noticed that Riza had short hair in episodes 8 and before, when Ed is... 12?

That was me... I just forgot to log in.

^Well maybe because at that time her hair was short and then as the years passed on in the series her hair grew....

Yes, exactly. That was the point. This topic is about things that you only spot the 2nd time around, not things that were incorrect in the series.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 03:02 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css