HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
On The Movie-the Ed-lookalike Is Really Al!
NeoKakashi
post Apr 9 2005, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,239

Look Here

Here

And here!

*Note* The third one even says "Aru" in Japanese, right about the Ed-lookalike. It's pretty much confirmed. ....I hope this hadn't already been posted tongue.gif

Thanks to Free FMA for the scans.

This post has been edited by Quistis88: Apr 9 2005, 07:32 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_damnedifyoudo_*
post Apr 9 2005, 04:34 PM
Post #2

Guests

Yeah I just read about this on another forum. I was pretty shocked because I didn't realize that was Al dressed up as Ed in the trailer. Al cosplaying Ed? Weird. blink.gif

Can we say Fullmetal Alchemist spinoff with Al as the lead?? haha j/k rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Jellybean
post Apr 9 2005, 07:22 PM
Post #3

Alchemists

Member No.: 11,397

Yay, pretty pictures! Thanks for posting them!

Al's hair looks funny, but he's still such a cutie. It'll be interesting to see Al as a human in the movie. It was kind of hard to connect with him as a character when he was in the armor, because of the lack of facial expressions.

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Apr 9 2005, 07:33 PM
Post #4

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

Converted all pictures to links. Please link to large pictures instead of putting image tags.

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
ScarredSweethear...
post Apr 9 2005, 07:45 PM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 10,669

Thanks for putting them up. The first one looks like Ed and Al are bonding, so maybe Ed goes back to his world at the end. Grrrr. I MUST SEE THIS MOVIE!

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 9 2005, 07:53 PM
Post #6

Guests

Do you think Al's personality might be different from the show? Since he grew up in a human body and without his brother. He doesn't seem like the sweet Al I knew in the armor. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Edo-mame
post Apr 10 2005, 01:11 AM
Post #7

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,481

Wow, upon seeing those scans I was happy and disappointed at the same time. That first scan of Edo and Al is really cool and the art of the new Al is too but he doesn't look like the same Al. The concept art of him reminds me of Edo what with that smile he has and the way he stands with his hands in his pockets. I liked Al more when he was himself and I don't mean the armor body(cuter than now). I hope his personality didn't change or anything.

--------------------
[center]
user posted image
[/center]

+Quote Post
Keiosu
post Apr 10 2005, 01:44 AM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 11,394

Al looks so weird when he is in Ed's clothes, but I must admit that Al looks really cute. It kinda seems like Al has replaced Ed in that world. Like Edo-mame, I hope his personality didn't change too much.

+Quote Post
Senefen
post Apr 10 2005, 10:48 PM
Post #9

Alchemists

Member No.: 519

^^ Al is so cute. *glomps to death* Their personalities are too different for Al to become another Ed. I think he'll do just fine.
You forget a lot Al was generaly the braver one when they were kids, during Izumi's training and such, Ed freaked out but Al was always calm, he has a strength you dont see much because he's shadowned by Ed but Al is strong in every sense in his own right. He's different to Ed - Al doesnt really lead but he's every bit as smart as Ed (he finished more on the state test than Ed did), hes brave and hes tall (ok he's average) biggrin.gif. And so kawaii.

+Quote Post
Syn
post Apr 11 2005, 08:44 PM
Post #10

Citizen

Member No.: 9,458

QUOTE(Keiosu @ Apr 10 2005, 01:44 AM)
Al looks so weird when he is in Ed's clothes, but I must admit that Al looks really cute. It kinda seems like Al has replaced Ed in that world. Like Edo-mame, I hope his personality didn't change too much.
[snapback]149802[/snapback]

Grr. That summarizes exactly what bothers me about those pics. ): Al replacing Ed in that world. If he just kept his own identity and didn't take the appearance which made Ed unique, it'd all be fine. *grumble* No replacing Ed!

+Quote Post
Edo-mame
post Apr 11 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #11

Apprentice

QUOTE(Syn @ Apr 11 2005, 09:44 PM)
Grr. That summarizes exactly what bothers me about those pics. ): Al replacing Ed in that world. If he just kept his own identity and didn't take the appearance which made Ed unique, it'd all be fine. *grumble* No replacing Ed!
[snapback]150954[/snapback]

No replacing Al either! It really seems like thats what happening to Edo at "our" world though... and that one magazine scan of Edo and Heiderich being all brotherly(hes got Heiderich in some kind of nuggy-headlock) doesn't ease my worrying one bit. If he "finds paradise" there and forgets about going back and settles for Heiderich as a brother I'm gonna cry sad.gif

--------------------
[center]
user posted image
[/center]

+Quote Post
Syn
post Apr 12 2005, 01:01 AM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 9,458

Pff, no way they'd end the movie having Ed just give up and settle down with his new fake-brother. (: That'd be completely uncharacteristic of him. I thought I read a bit in some scan or another about Al Heiderich not being entirely comfortable being treated like Ed's brother, as well, though I can't remember exactly where I picked up on that. Might have been one of those interviews they translated on this site, come to think of it.

+Quote Post
DonnaDelDrago
post Apr 12 2005, 01:13 AM
Post #13

Apprentice

Member No.: 8,401

I'm not really afraid that Al's personality changed much. I think dressing up like Ed is just a very effective way to find out how people react - He has lost his memories of the journies and all the people they met. This way he can find out if someone he meets knew Ed and if that person might know something.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Saturn Stars
post Apr 12 2005, 04:33 AM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,102

I have to admit that I was a bit freaked out at first... but It is really just brotherly love.

I agree that he is trying to see how people react, he wants to gather information on his brother... I jsut wish the coat was blue or something so I could differenciate between the two brothers lol

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>LOL!</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>~*~Lialiakicks' evil parter in crime~*~</span>
*Yukina_Raven's lil sis* *Chiyo's lil sis* My big sisters rock!
Taken Away EdxWinxRozexWin? Lost in Your Heaven EdxWin... er... WinxMunichAl? (It's up to your imagination lol) EdxWinry 100 Themes Uh yeah that's EdxWin Someone Who Cares For Me EdxWin... again... Manga Related? Stand Up and Walk Forward Umm yes... EdxWin His Gift *Cough* Edxwin *Cough* Manga related? First Kiss [Edxwin] Nah really saturn Stars? Let me tell you... if fluff could kill... *Manga, Chapter 48 related*
Above is my army of Edxwin fics... lol enjoy!

+Quote Post
Edo-mame
post Apr 12 2005, 04:29 PM
Post #15

Apprentice

I'm sure everybody was shocked and or creeped out upon seeing the new Al but most people either thought it was a joke, or wasn't sure of confirming it or not. When I went to the movie site when it was advertsing the postcards you'd get from the 2nd phase advance ticket sale and saw the one with Al I just sat there mouth wide open. Now that you guys mention it, it does seem like Al is trying to see how people react to his new get up(down to even how he executes transmutations blink.gif ) so he can find out more about his brother and what happened for 4 years(good old goofy Al). But to grow his hair out so long just to do that(high maintenance, especially for a young boy), he really does love his brother lol.

--------------------
[center]
user posted image
[/center]

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 12:39 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css