HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Final Nail In Nintendo's Coffin, Die, you kiddy game-producing bastards...
Negi
post Apr 14 2005, 04:50 AM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,703

Well, some of u have argued that 3 platforms is too much. News Update everyone, according to my resources *descreatly hides GameInformer* IBM might be entering the game platform industry. Sure they have been a chip provider for the others, but they think they can beat them with pure graphics power and more. Also, as much as i love my PS2 for Star Ocean and GTA series, and as much as i adore Xbox for Halo 1 and 2, and KOTOR 1 and 2, I still like my gamecube. Who gives a crap about the graphics? I think a real gamer wouldnt. Without the cell shade graphics, windwaker would look......wierd....Now u might say that it already looks wierd. I think that yes it does look a little cartoonish but to me, that makes it more fun. Also, with great games like the Zelda series, Metroid series, Mario games, Tales of Symphonia, Super Smash Bros Melee, and others, i think that GC beats Xbox for games. Even though Xbox crushes the GC in graphics, it only has a few good non platformer games (halo series and KOTOR series). Also, have u seen the graphics for the next Zelda game comin out in a few months? bite ure tongue off it you've ever said that the gamecube always has bad graphics. And, its suppose to contain blood and such. Its a more "adult link" they are calling it.

On another note, i do think that nintendo should let the mario party series die. They are getting worse and worse. Every gaming magazine i have read (and i have a subscription to GameInformer, Nintendo Power, Playstation, Electronic Gaming, and Xbox Nation) has given it bad ratings. Even the non-Nintendo mags have mentioned it.

The DS u might say is a bad try at a gameboy. Well, it was only meant as a fanpleaser. The gameboy to challenge the PSP will be out by the end of this year. Plus, Nintendo is waiting to release the better DS games till this Summer when a crapload of DS games comes out.

The Nintendo Revolution. It might be a little wierd sounding but:
1)Its just a code name, like gamecube was codenamed the Dolphin
2)Its suppose to Revolutionize the way gaming has ever been.

I got this from lazyfrog.net:
Nintendo Revolution:

Nintendo's next generation console, codenamed "Revolution" promises to to fundumentally change the way video games are played. The new features are said to be beyond just technical advances. We are expecting many more details to be revealed at next years Electronic Entertainment Expo. taking place in May (2005), but for now here is some information we have gathered:

Nintendo has said it has no intention of making a two screen console akin to the Nintendo DS but that this offers a hint of what to expect from the Revolution.
Nintendo believes that their inability to release the Gamecube before the PlayStation 2 gave a Sony a significant advantage, and for that reason they will not be releasing the Revolution after the PlayStation 3 this time around.
Will hook up to a computer monitor as well as a television.
Nintendo Revolution Release Date: estimated to be sometime in 2006

All i Know is, the first next generation system i'm gettin will be PS3. Then i will have to decide between Xbox 360 and the Revolution or whatever it wil be called.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zarpia
post Apr 14 2005, 07:00 AM
Post #32

Rasta Maldita

Member No.: 4,384

I coudn't agree more with you Aqua_Alchemist biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TB Samurai
post Apr 14 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 11,809

I used to like Nintendo, but I don't think they're as good as they used to be. I don't like the 3D Mario games at all. I enjoyed the old 2D ones much better. The last game by Nintendo that I actually liked was Super Smash Bros. Melee. I like Sony more than Nintendo now. It used to be the other way around.

--------------------
user posted image "All You Need Is Tuberculosis And A Dream"

Please check out my artwork

+Quote Post
the ironflame al...
post Apr 14 2005, 05:01 PM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 8,846

QUOTE(zarpia @ Apr 13 2005, 12:45 AM)
ha ha ha good one, thats hard to beat but........ i have mastered the technique the sacred energy
so...... they are no match

(you have to have watched yu yu hakusho to have a clue what i am talking about)

Witch caracter are you talking about?, have to know that if i whant to beat you, coz my brother says that THAT technique is not that great.
[snapback]151619[/snapback]

@ zarpia Its the move used by Shinobu Sensui

@ Negi is IBM really making a game system?

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Negi
post Apr 15 2005, 04:31 AM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 7,703

According to my GameInformer they might be. I'm at school now otherwise i'd give you a link to the GameInfomer article on it. If you are at home, go to GameInformer and search something like IBM console or something. They may not have it so when i get home, i'll type up the article or find it online.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

+Quote Post
Albel Nox
post Apr 15 2005, 05:31 AM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 11,869

I have heard that rumor too. though i can't remember where...

--------------------
user posted imageRunescape Equipment!

+Quote Post
the ironflame al...
post Apr 17 2005, 09:00 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 8,846

QUOTE(Negi @ Apr 15 2005, 07:31 AM)
According to my GameInformer they might be. I'm at school now otherwise i'd give you a link to the GameInfomer article on it. If you are at home, go to GameInformer and search something like IBM console or something. They may not have it so when i get home, i'll type up the article or find it online.
[snapback]153161[/snapback]

thats okay you dont need to go through all that trouble, i just got my game informer magazine in the mail and i see the article thanx anyway cool.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Apr 17 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #38

Brigadier General

Member No.: 650

oooo... a hardware manufacturer is making a console... excuse me if i'm still put off by the phillips cd debacle... dry.gif

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
konic vince
post Apr 18 2005, 04:24 PM
Post #39

Apprentice

Member No.: 5,898

hitokiri is absolutely right

actually, gamecube in japan is so much better than in the US

it's the people in US who decide to make these crappy childish games that are supposedly "family friendly" and really, playing their games is kind of an out of body experience, you can see your body as if you are not that person, and you feel like strangling that person

the fact is, Nintendo's main division in Japan is so much more competent than the US branch

--------------------
user posted image

Ikaruga

+Quote Post
ZaKai
post Apr 21 2005, 06:23 PM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 12,114

I just have a few words to say about all this. First off, IBM making a game system sounds really scary..... Second, (This is just my own opinion here) I don't think Nintendo isn't going down quite yet. The kiddy games that make some gamers dislike Nintendo are exactly what will keep them in business. Xbox and even Sony seem to have a lot more games that will appeal to older and more serious gamers. I think Nintendo realized this and decided to capitalize on the younger generation. This works because parent are the ones buying some of this crap for their kids. Parents figure it looks cute and their kid wants it, so their money goes into keeping Nintendo afloat.

I'm personally more of a PC and Playstation gamer myself, but there are a few fun games for Nintendo consoles and well... I'm sure there are some fun games for the xbox... haven't played them... but... I'm sure they're there...

It will be interesting to see what these companies will be showing off at E3 next month. biggrin.gif This is my first year going to E3 and I'm way excited!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Apr 21 2005, 06:33 PM
Post #41

Brigadier General

QUOTE(ZaKai @ Apr 21 2005, 09:23 PM)
I think Nintendo realized this and decided to capitalize on the younger generation.  This works because parent are the ones buying some of this crap for their kids.  Parents figure it looks cute and their kid wants it, so their money goes into keeping Nintendo afloat. 
[snapback]158191[/snapback]

well compared to the amount of money per month spent on video games by the 18+ demographic, the kiddie market is crap... think about it, we'll take two fictional characters a 10 year old named mikey mckiddiepants and a 18 year old college kid name tommy tokesalot... mikey will have to will have to beg his parents for games, he might get one or two a month if he's lucky; whereas tommy has either a job or a nice stipend from his parents, he can buy whatever he wants whenever he wants... if you were a businessman who would you rather have?

also if you look at the nintendo sales figures, you'll see that their primary sales are from the japanese market. but most of the big japanese developers are either going to back the ps3 or the xbox 2 (i refuse to call it the 360) only, therefore nintendo's japanese sales are going to fall dramatically.

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
WhiteMike
post May 2 2005, 06:37 PM
Post #42

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,953

Something is not computing here, Nintendo has revolutionized EVERYTHING in the video game world. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't even be talking about playstation or x-box right now. I find it offensive that people refer to our "father" as a kiddie system. Nintendo may have strayed into uncharted waters, but it's coming back in full force.
And I can't believe that people have realized this before, the graphics in x-box and playstation games isn't better, all the graphics on all the consols are the same. Why would a game producer spend more time, money, and energy on making the graphics in a game just a little bit better, it makes no sense.
I agree totally with Negi, and any other Nintendo supporters. Don't take cheap hits against such a great company.

--------------------
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug...
user posted image
...Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.

+Quote Post
CursedAnubis
post May 2 2005, 07:21 PM
Post #43

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,726

I don't know why today's society is so "mature" game oriented. Personally, I don't really see why people find blood and gore so exciting. I think Nintendo has it's mind in the right place, developing games that don't involve blowing somebody's head off, or chopping misc. limbs off of people just because it's fun. I actually enjoy games, such as Mario Party, Zelda, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing; is that so wrong? Not that I don't enjoy a mature game, like God of War or GTA:SA.
I brought my Gameboy SP to school one day, and I was playing Harvest Moon in the middle of band, when my friend came over and looked at what I was playing. After I explained what Harvest Moon was, my friend replied with a friendly "Wtf? What's the point of a game with no killing?" -______-''
Seriously, at the end of the day, I'm more likely to remember the quirky games I've played made by Nintendo, in comparison to chopping of heads, arms, and legs of millions of zombies. America needs help if people think that M rated games are the future.

By the way, did you know that Nintendo invented the D-pad?

--------------------
user posted image
Take my advice, Mustang... The Philosopher's Stone does not exist.

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post May 2 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #44

Brigadier General

QUOTE(WhiteMike @ May 2 2005, 09:37 PM)
Something is not computing here, Nintendo has revolutionized EVERYTHING in the video game world.  If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't even be talking about playstation or x-box right now. 

if you are going to go video game history on us, then atari is the one you should talk about. they made video games mainstram, nintedo just expanded on the concept...

I find it offensive that people refer to our "father" as a kiddie system.  Nintendo may have strayed into uncharted waters, but it's coming back in full force.
how? i fail to see this is happening.... the only truly successful games they have are either rehashes of previous games, ie mario and zelda, or licensed variations of games from other consoles, ie the resident evil and metal gear series. what have they done that is truly original since the gc came out?

you fanboys keep talking about how nintendo is the originator... big deal. does anyone care about cbs? do you know who vladimir kosma zworykin is? how about john bardeen, william shockley, or walter brattain? maybe we should talk about harold rosen, while we're at it? these men were all great pioneers, yet none of them are relevant in the context of the current period of technological development.

And I can't believe that people have realized this before, the graphics in x-box and playstation games isn't better, all the graphics on all the consols are the same.  Why would a game producer spend more time, money, and energy on making the graphics in a game just a little bit better, it makes no sense.

are you serious?! you honestly believe the graphics quality of all them are equal? there's no way you can argue that the quality of graphics is equal on all consoles, look at the difference in graphics quality on vice city between the original on ps2 and the xbox port. its not about what the producer does, its more akin to playing the same game on computers with different quality video cards. while you can use a geforce fx 5600 to play play farcry, it looks and preforms better on a geforce 6800 ultra.

QUOTE(CursedAnubis @ May 2 2005, 10:21 PM)
I don't know why today's society is so "mature" game oriented. Personally, I don't really see why people find blood and gore so exciting. I think Nintendo has it's mind in the right place, developing games that don't involve blowing somebody's head off, or chopping misc. limbs off of people just because it's fun. I actually enjoy games, such as Mario Party, Zelda, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing; is that so wrong? Not that I don't enjoy a mature game, like God of War or GTA:SA.
I brought my Gameboy SP to school one day, and I was playing Harvest Moon in the middle of band, when my friend came over and looked at what I was playing. After I explained what Harvest Moon was, my friend replied with a friendly "Wtf? What's the point of a game with no killing?" -______-''

its not about the killing or the blood, its the fact that nintendo's games in general, though there a few exceptions, totally disregard the demographic that was raised on the nes. why the hell would a 25+ person want to play games that are targeted towards children 6-12? look at the march top ten games by sales for the gamecube...
IPB Image

other than super smash bros, resident evil, and the two sports titles they are all games targeted at young children.

By the way, did you know that Nintendo invented the D-pad?
and xerox invented the mouse... what the hell is your point?

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
ConanEX
post May 2 2005, 09:35 PM
Post #45

Citizen

Member No.: 5,451

Personally, I kind of think blood and gore is kind of an art that people that make video games uses. It's like manga. There are some people that draws it so there are no blood and gore, while some people draw it to show off their artistic skills. Of course, it's starting to become sort of a trend now, with more advance gaming systems these days, so there are more video game producers than before that uses blood and gore, which is kind of a bad thing, since many people are taking this the wrong way.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 01:26 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css